PDA

View Full Version : Daves radio gig-4 year contract?

topjimmy1984
12-29-2005, 05:25 PM
If Dave serves out the full 4 yr , 16 million dollar contract, how can we ever have a reunion concert tour? At best, we get a renunion hall of fame show or shows? Or could we get a 2 week summer tour (Boston, New York, Chicago, La, Dallas)

Either way, DLR is in the drivers seat, EVH will have to crawl back for renion, record, boxed set. The sad part is all the wasted years and millions of dollars left on the table.

bantonelli
12-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Since when is it a 4 year contract? I've read it's a one year contract for $4 million.

twonabomber
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
yeah, i heard $4 mil a year, but i don't know for what term.

DLR_EngineRoom
12-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by topjimmy1984
If Dave serves out the full 4 yr , 16 million dollar contract, how can we ever have a reunion concert tour? At best, we get a renunion hall of fame show or shows? Or could we get a 2 week summer tour (Boston, New York, Chicago, La, Dallas)

Either way, DLR is in the drivers seat, EVH will have to crawl back for renion, record, boxed set. The sad part is all the wasted years and millions of dollars left on the table.

Face the truth. I won't say 'impossible' or 'never' but...unfortunately Ed's following his father's footsteps. Liquour before marriage and music and even health.

Alex won't EVER trust DLR. A reunion would mean Dave exits stage left, and the rest of the band exits stage right. For the entire tour.
And even then, it would be Dave vs Alex, and therefore, the band wouldn't be the same.

Dave doesn't need a reunion. Dave doesn't need shit from the VH Bros. Dave's fine where he is, and he's havin' a blast entertaining us.

Unlike VH.

Nickdfresh
12-29-2005, 07:02 PM
There's no way DAVE got a four year contract, unless BUFFALO BILLS (soon to be ex) GM Tom DONAHOE negotiated for CBS...

Baby's On Fire
12-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
There's no way DAVE got a four year contract, unless BUFFALO BILLS (soon to be ex) GM Tom DONAHOE negotiated for CBS...

He got a three year contract x 4 million per year. They discussed it when Dave was on Howard.

Big Train
12-29-2005, 07:36 PM
I don't think that will hurt ONE bit the reunion chances and I even see angles that make it MORE likely. For the following reasons.

1. Dave has a national audience DAILY in places VH can play. Live REMOTES anyone? In LA for example, Afternoon DJ Tom Leykis routinely does live remotes and "Listener Appreciation Parties" from markets carrying his shows. You think CBS Radio WOULDN"T promote the bag out of Dave doing a broadcast backstage of a VH reunion show?

2. Promoters in those markets will be even MORE wet to have a reunion show. 4 hours of Dave on the air in the AM, then "Blocks of VH" all afternoon. Marketing-Check. Just set up the tent and let the people in!!

3. This leverage, especially after the last tour, is the ONLY VH is getting back in the arena business.

4. Dave can always continue doing weekend shots as long as he likes. Never seemed to stop Howards wack pack.

5. Dave makes 4 million a year from his day job, X from the gigs and the usual millions from the VH corp. REGARDLESS of what the Bros. VH choose to do...check and mate.

DLR'sCock
12-29-2005, 07:43 PM
I agree with you 100% BT.

topjimmy1984
12-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
I don't think that will hurt ONE bit the reunion chances and I even see angles that make it MORE likely. For the following reasons.

1. Dave has a national audience DAILY in places VH can play. Live REMOTES anyone? In LA for example, Afternoon DJ Tom Leykis routinely does live remotes and "Listener Appreciation Parties" from markets carrying his shows. You think CBS Radio WOULDN"T promote the bag out of Dave doing a broadcast backstage of a VH reunion show?

2. Promoters in those markets will be even MORE wet to have a reunion show. 4 hours of Dave on the air in the AM, then "Blocks of VH" all afternoon. Marketing-Check. Just set up the tent and let the people in!!

3. This leverage, especially after the last tour, is the ONLY VH is getting back in the arena business.

4. Dave can always continue doing weekend shots as long as he likes. Never seemed to stop Howards wack pack.

5. Dave makes 4 million a year from his day job, X from the gigs and the usual millions from the VH corp. REGARDLESS of what the Bros. VH choose to do...check and mate.

topjimmy1984
12-29-2005, 08:41 PM
great points about what dave brings from a "marketing standpoint" the wheels are churning at venues around the USA

Brett
12-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Yes and Dave's audience doesn't include the second largest media center in the nation and the home of Van Halen.

neanderpaul
12-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Word has it it's a 2-year deal, with an option for a third.

Radio insiders speculate on if he actually stays the whole 3 years.

It's either going to be awesome, or awful. Nobody thinks it will be boring that's for sure.

We in Boston have already heard him "audition" and he's got a good guy in "hutch" working with him.

We'll see in 4 days....

Brett
12-30-2005, 02:51 AM
Who the fuck is hutch?

neanderpaul
12-30-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Brett
Who the fuck is hutch?

Hutch worked here in Boston for the Classic Rock station, and apparently was the guy they had producing and running the board for DLR when he was here. They work well together, and I'm told he's going to be the man behind DLR's show when it takes off next Tuesday.

WARF
12-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Brett
Who the fuck is hutch?

http://www.mortystv.com/showcards/starsky_hutch.jpg

I believe the one on the left.