X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Kobe suspended for 2 games for viscious elbow

I didn't see it...but he's pretty unapologetic for it...

interesting comments after the game about it...

Kobe suspended two games for vicious elbow
    Story Tools:
    Print Email Blog This
    Associated Press
    Posted: 1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP) - Kobe Bryant was suspended for two games without pay Friday for elbowing Mike Miller in the throat.

During Wednesday's 101-99 loss to Memphis, the Lakers guard was called for a flagrant foul with 8:24 to play for elbowing Miller.
    After the game, Bryant was unapologetic. He had been gashed over his left eye in the second quarter when Miller pushed him in the face with his hand; the cut required three stitches.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that - and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."

Bryant is scheduled to serve his suspension Sunday, when the Lakers host Utah, and Tuesday, when Los Angeles plays at the Jazz.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

He probably gets hacked plenty ... but at the end of the day ... does he want to establish himself as the Laker enforcer?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Maybe if nobody else is doing it Al...

he maybe at the point where he's saying okay you fuckers...I'll put my fucking career on the line if you are to big of pussies...

I know if it were me at practice...and I was the best player in the league...and I threw the elbow because nobody else would...

I'd be in a few fucking faces...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Oh I agree with that, absolutely ... but it's up to management to see that.

"Oh fuck, we can't be letting Kobe being Charles Oakley out there."

Looking at their team, they really don't have anyone of that stature.

And with their record, they need Kobe in those 2 games against the Jazz, they need him every game.

Comment

• Kermit The Frog
          Roadie
          • Oct 2004

If he raped the guy he wouldve only gotten a slap on the wrist
          Yeah, shes a pig, but she swallows.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Oh...I don't disagree...

but...

I agree with Kobe perhaps stepping up and saying...if I can do it you faggots...you can...

especially to that waste Kwame Brown...

Comment

• TLR
              Head Fluffer
              • Jun 2004

I saw it. It was blatant, retaliatory and pretty violent. I have always been a Lakers fan (since the days of Magic and Byron Scott), but I hate the NBA. To hell with Kobe...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Bullshit! He was elbowed earlier in game in a much more violent elbow.
                Good for him. 2 games? Oh well, doubt he will be cheap-shotted any time soon.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• TLR
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                  Bullshit! He was elbowed earlier in game in a much more violent elbow.
                  Good for him. 2 games? Oh well, doubt he will be cheap-shotted any time soon.

If that "bullshit" was directed toward me...that's why I said "retaliatory," suggesting he was hit first. Was the elbow Kobe received much more violent than the one he gave...not in this lifetime, regardless of the fact he took stitches for it.

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Not a Lakers fan because of Kobe? We don't want you anymore.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Yo WAR...or anyone...

do you have any pictures of this...I couldn't find any...

Comment

• TLR
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        Not a Lakers fan because of Kobe? We don't want you anymore.
                        Not what I said. I said I have always been a Lakers fan, but I hate the NBA (as a whole). After that, I simply said, "To hell with Kobe." I made not mention of no longer being a Lakers fan. Kobe, in my opinion, is just another in a long line of punks, regardless of his on-court skills...

Comment

• TLR
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

Pojo...

They have been showing clips of it from time-to-time when they go back to the studio during the Miami-LSU game on ESPN.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Not watching the game...

what's the score?

Comment

• TLR
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2004

I'm flipping back and forth between that and the Sabres game. LSU is up 20-3 in the 3rd.

Comment

Working...