PDA

View Full Version : Music predicictions for 2006?

Mr Badguy
01-01-2006, 07:30 AM
New GnR album?

Ha!

I think this year might go like this:

Queensryche`s "Operation:Mindcrime II" will be a major success and the tour with the two shows played back-toback will be this years must see concert.

Kiss and Deep Purple will both announce their final concerts and both will feature reunions with all available band members.

Iron Maiden will release their new album then tour it and play very little pre 1990 material, instead holding it back for the next part of "The history of Iron Maiden" tour.

Judas Priest will start recording a killer new album, better than "Angel of retribution".

Black Sabbath will reconvene without Ozzy, maybe with Tony Martin.

Aerosmith will release another (or more) horrid pop rock album.

AOR will come back big time.

Paul Stanley will get divorced from his wife then marry George Michael.

Pink Floyd won`t tour but will get their shit together and give the fans a "Led Zeppelin" style DVD, including the full "The Wall" concert from Earl`s Court 1980.

David Lee Roth will NOT rejoin Van Halen.

AC/DC`s new album will rock.

The Darkness will disappear up their own ass.

Sammy Hagar will rejoin Van Hagar.

The world at large will finally realize the superiority of Heavy Metal over all other kinds of music.

I would be surprised if more than one of these things happened but, hey, you never know.

Unchainme
01-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Heres acouple Axl still does not release "Chinese Democracy"

Kip Finally Reunites Winger :)

David Lee Roth calls Ed live on the Air and Ed in a drunken stumble cusses him, Roth recieves a fine from the FCC. And consistantly makes fun of Ed on the show because of the incident.

Coyote
01-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy, with commentary here'n'there by Coyote
New GnR album?

Ha!
At this rate, it'll be released after Axl kicks the bucket.

Queensryche`s "Operation:Mindcrime II" will be a major success and the tour with the two shows played back-toback will be this years must see concert.

Kiss and Deep Purple will both announce their final concerts and both will feature reunions with all available band members.
Purple, yeah. Kiss, well...

Iron Maiden will release their new album then tour it and play very little pre 1990 material, instead holding it back for the next part of "The history of Iron Maiden" tour.

Judas Priest will start recording a killer new album, better than "Angel of retribution".
Only thing wrong with "Angel Of..." was that last track. But hey, the world can always use a new Priest album, right?

Who?

Wouldn't be surprised if they'd release an album that rocks. For once.

AOR, á la Boston? I'd live with that... maybe.

Wait. He hasn't done that yet?

Pink Floyd won`t tour but will get their shit together and give the fans a "Led Zeppelin" style DVD, including the full "The Wall" concert from Earl`s Court 1980.
Kickass, should it happen

News of the millenia!

AC/DC had an album that didn't rock?

STFU.

Highly unlikely, at this point...

The world at large will finally realize the superiority of Heavy Metal over all other kinds of music.
Emphasis on the words "finally", "realize", "superiority" and "over all other kinds of music".

I would be surprised if more than one of these things happened but, hey, you never know.

I'd be surprised if one of my comments would actually be funny, but, ya never know.

Terry
01-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
New GnR album?

Ha!

Is Chris D back with the band?

Ritchie Blackmore seems amenable to the idea. Can't say I'd care much about KISS doing it at this point, though.

God Bless 'Em whatever happens.

Meh. British Steel through Painkiller (well, maybe not Turbo so much) were good enough for me.

Maybe hook up with Ian if the DP reunion doesn't work out, put out Born Again Part 2: Born Again...Again. Seriously, that album rocked.

Those guys and KISS should just go the fuck away.

Now THAT'D be something.

In the settlement, Stanely's wife gets half his net earnings from any future KISS concerts, while he gets to keep the lovely blouses he bought her for X-MAS 2005 (All of which were mysteriously in his size)

Kewl.

Seems inevitable CVH reuniting won't happen.

A given.

Never saw the hub-bub 'bout them anyway.

Sadly just as inevitable as Roth NOT rejoining them.

Nah. Too many fools out there scooping up Ashlee Simpson albums for this to come to fruition.

Unchainme
01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
AC/DC's New Album will indeed kick ass and reach No. 1 on the Charts.

Jérôme Frenchise
01-02-2006, 07:12 AM

Originally posted by Unchainme
AC/DC's New Album will indeed kick ass and reach No. 1 on the Charts.

Hell yeah! That's the one thing that's certain by 100%! :)

Dave's Bitch
01-02-2006, 01:21 PM
i hope maiden tour in the uk with there new album.that would kick ass

*sigh* im being nieve but im still half hoping chinese democracy might make an appearance

DLR_EngineRoom
01-05-2006, 12:15 PM
New GnR album?

Ha!

Agree: Queensryche & AC/DC

My own predictions:

Avril Lavigne and new hubby Deryck Whibbins will record a duet, perhaps a cover of the Lita Ford/Ozzy tune: "If I Close My Eyes Forever".

Limp Bizkit will make a triumphant comeback, complete with a massive tour.

Marilyn Manson, not Paul Stanley, will get divorced and end up marrying George Michael.

Motley Crue will release a new studio album with original members. Will also tour extensively and remind some of today's alternative bands and rap stars what it really means to be 'bad boys'.

Bon Jovi will continue to slide into irrelevance, proactively choosing to ignore their pre-1986 catalogue, and therefore choosing their own eventual extinction.

Velvet Revolver will release a new album, and will kick EVERYONE'S ASSES...