X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Thoughts on Day 1...

I think alot of people tuned in this morning wondering how David Lee Roth would fill Howard Stern's spot. I think alot of people tuned in this moring expecting to hear David Lee Roth try and do a Howard Stern-style radio broadcast.

The initial reaction from alot of people (not the Roth fans who are regulars here) was that the show was no good. I think those people have echoes of Howard Stern bouncing around their heads, and are comparing Roth to Stern.

Big mistake.

This IS new. This IS cutting edge. Roth's show IS going to fly right over alot of people's heads for a while. It is human nature to fear and attack what you don't understand. I think that the show will grow on people, once they realize that he is trying not to replace Howard Stern, but to do his own thing.

Dave's show will not be about lesbians making out in the studio...it won't be about throwing slices of bologna an naked chick's asses...it won't be about wheels-of-sex. Dave is smart enough to know that Stern is the best at that.

I think that when Roth cut to commercial just as that woman called and said she was naked and wet from the shower, that was an indication of how he wants to distance himself and his show from Howard Stern.

Smart move. One of the smartest, well read, well traveled people around.

The show today was a good start. Much better banter between Dave and Hux (is it Hux or Hutch?) than the Boston shows. Uncle Manny was fantastic. At least the first 20 minutes of Uncle Manny was. And then the last 10.

I'm excited and happy for Dave, and I look forward to hearing him improve with every show.
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"
  • seenbad
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Good summary on the sociology of it. The review blogs are brutal out there. I think that's a good case.
    sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah, they are brutal...there's a 'gay-midget-robo-spanking-radio' void for alot of people that Dave didnt fill...
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• hitch1969©
        Sniper
        • Mar 2003

PA Rental, you ignorant slut.

I have to counterpoint here. Don't get me wrong, I love David Lee in both the hetero way and the brokeback mountain way. And the show today was STELLAR!!!!

(thanks to NickDFresh, good job soldier)

anyhoo... I dunno, Dave's had HOW MANY FUCKING MONTHS TO PREPARE FOR THIS????

And what did we get??? Fucking geriatric 90 year old Manny Lee Roth slapping his fucking dentures for an hour about the fucking kickass days of the 1930s???

Come Dave, Gimme a Break.

If I want to see that shit I'll head to the nursing home and talk to fucking STROKED OUT shitting himself grandad of mine hitch1917® who doesnt even fucking remember me.

lame lame lame.

but I have hope for the future. DAve's gonna be the best fucking radio dude out there.

BREASTS!!

=h=
        ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• hitch1969©
          Sniper
          • Mar 2003

NIGGA NEED A STICKY

the franchize ****** was here. for a little while.

BREASTS!!

=h=

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It's going to be tough for him to survive the initial 'Dave's show isnt like Stern's show so it must suck' backlash...who knows how long it will last...hopefully his bosses have patience...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Who is hitch1969?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Hey Sarge's Little helper, get off your ass you drunk and fucking tell me...

Who is Hitch1969©?

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hitch1917...fucking classic...

So you say the show was stellar, and then in the same breath criticize Dave for only giving us Manny after having months to prepare for his first show? What the fuck?

And I mean that in the 'hoping to goad you into becoming mad at me so the sMALL bUT vIRILE oNE will post some rants up in this shit' way...

Comment

• hitch1969©
                    Sniper
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Who is hitch1969?
                    he's the biggest blackest chuck e cheese gorilla lookin motherfuckin badass ****** in the haY OWS!!!

MUCH LOVE TO MY PIMP NICKYD.

SAW THE SIG AT THE LINKS TOO, BRO. THAT AND TODAY'S DOWNLOADS HAVE YOU TOPPS COLLECTORS CARDS IN MY BOOK

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

who is hitch1969

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2003

who is hitch1969
                        hitch1969 is the Franchise Player of the David Lee Roth Army! If you think you matter.. you don\'t. If you think you are important.. think again. hitch1969 is the star of this show. He is the motherfuckin Jordan of these forums and dont you ever forget it!
                        "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

no question mark, bro.

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

Hitch How do you feel about the Possible CVH Reunion?
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by hitch1969©
                              he's the biggest blackest chuck e cheese gorilla lookin motherfuckin badass ****** in the haY OWS!!!

MUCH LOVE TO MY PIMP NICKYD.

SAW THE SIG AT THE LINKS TOO, BRO. THAT AND TODAY'S DOWNLOADS HAVE YOU TOPPS COLLECTORS CARDS IN MY BOOK
                              Hitch is da' man, the king nigga' of the ARMY! And the fucking lame ass links...

Now give HITCH 1969© a sticky....

Hey Sarge's Little helper, get off your ass you drunk and fucking tell me...

Who is Hitch1969©?

Comment

Working...