PDA

View Full Version : Daily Reports on ROTH! ... Day 2

Douglas T.
01-04-2006, 09:45 AM
GUN CONTROL to The RITUAL of ROLLING A JOINT! Half the fun is getting there! these days there isn't much work to pakin' a swat! Although the process of working the thing took a few turns to get it juuuust right! Comic drawing stoners! :D

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Nope, show is done in 10 mins...can't get through. Damm!

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Oh well, I'll try on Thursday!

Douglas T.
01-04-2006, 09:52 AM
What happened NATE phone die!? get that battery charged! man that's a bummer!:(

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2006, 09:52 AM
The show is over. I thought I was a great one at that!

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Damm thing died! That's ok, I'll get on soon. He was impressed that I was calling from Minneapolis!

Douglas T.
01-04-2006, 09:55 AM
LOL .. my yes sure enough! my how time flies! time to get ta work! Sugarplum daydreams of DAVE RADIO! GREAT DAY! Much more energetic today! More callers!

DLR'sCock
01-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Would a MOD merge the Day 2 info from the Day 1 thread to this one?

fuckhowardstern
01-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Did everyone notice that the shows are being archived at this address?
I didn't until just now....should this post be its own thread?

http://923freefm.com/pages/1442.php

CdnDlrfan
01-04-2006, 10:08 AM
HOw do you get the subscribe part to work? I'm a complete computer illiterate. thx

flub
01-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I thought Day 1 was terrible. Not because DLR doesn't have the ability to be a fantastic radio personality. He obviously has the talent, the smarts, the charisma, a great voice for radio, he's funny and he exudes personality. I think the problem stemmed directly from a lack of techinical knowledge about how to keep a 4 hour radio show on track. I listened to the Manny interview in the car and then listened to the stream at work and the podcast. That Manny interview was too slow, too long and too unfocused. DLR needed to take control of the show and know exactly how to feed the short, demanding attention span of morning radio listeners. Someone like Stern has that down to a science after 20+ years. So I think DLR had a terrible 1st day, it was almost unlistenable, but I thought that came solely from something that can be fixed -- the knowledge of how to control the show and the need to control the show. I'm sure nerves played a huge part too. I'm sure I will get killed on here for saying this, but I actually thought the Manny interview was a bit and there would be a punchline at some point. I couldn't believe that this slow, boring interview was what they came up with for the very first show to make a big first impression and retain the Stern listeners. It seemedd like they didn't do any planning over the last month. My expectations were high that there would be a blockbuster first show to grab all of those listeners with their hand on the radio dial waiting to see if they should turn somewhere else for entertainment. Who's entertainment judgement would think that an 85 year old man talking about the kind of plane he flew in WWII and the poetry readingins in 1961 would be interesting and it kept going for like 4 segments of "spots". I guess I was just used to a Howard Stern who would quickly interupt, hurry the stories along, guide the interviewee into topics that he designed to be an interesting show for the listeners and get them on focus on something interesting to the demographic of the listeners you are trying to please.

Now onto Day 2. Fantastic! It was like he was a different guy! Maybe he was more well-rested and less nervous. Maybe he is such a fast learner that he took the criticism and self-evaluation and turned the whole thing around. He was funny and on track all morning this morning. It was very entertaining, and all of those attributes of humor, intelligence and personality came through. Over time, I think he will rely on letting those attributes come through on their own without forcing them and the show will get more structure and he will be truly great. I just hope the idiots at CBS give him enough time and ratings periods to show them that he can dominate morning radio. And I hope that anyone who was disappointed with Day 1 tuned back in today to hear how great it was. I can't wait to hear tomorrow and to hear DLR with some great guests.

diamondsgirl
01-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I agree that Dave's show today was 110% better than yesterday. This is exactly what happened in Boston. First day was bumpy and then smooth sailing. He was much more focused, allowed people to talk, and kicked ass on the Stern trolls. Even his voice sounded better cooler and smoother.

Whats the deal with guests? I heard him say that none were scheduled and he seemd bummed out by that.

Hardrock69
01-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by CdnDlrfan
HOw do you get the subscribe part to work? I'm a complete computer illiterate. thx

You can read, can't you?

That is all that is required.

Go to the freeFM.com Dave page and follow the instructions.

Meaning where it says stuff like: "To listen LIVE click here" or something like that.

:D

Dirty Duck
01-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by flub
I thought Day 1 was terrible. Not because DLR doesn't have the ability to be a fantastic radio personality. He obviously has the talent, the smarts, the charisma, a great voice for radio, he's funny and he exudes personality. I think the problem stemmed directly from a lack of techinical knowledge about how to keep a 4 hour radio show on track. I listened to the Manny interview in the car and then listened to the stream at work and the podcast. That Manny interview was too slow, too long and too unfocused. DLR needed to take control of the show and know exactly how to feed the short, demanding attention span of morning radio listeners. Someone like Stern has that down to a science after 20+ years. So I think DLR had a terrible 1st day, it was almost unlistenable, but I thought that came solely from something that can be fixed -- the knowledge of how to control the show and the need to control the show. I'm sure nerves played a huge part too. I'm sure I will get killed on here for saying this, but I actually thought the Manny interview was a bit and there would be a punchline at some point. I couldn't believe that this slow, boring interview was what they came up with for the very first show to make a big first impression and retain the Stern listeners. It seemedd like they didn't do any planning over the last month. My expectations were high that there would be a blockbuster first show to grab all of those listeners with their hand on the radio dial waiting to see if they should turn somewhere else for entertainment. Who's entertainment judgement would think that an 85 year old man talking about the kind of plane he flew in WWII and the poetry readingins in 1961 would be interesting and it kept going for like 4 segments of "spots". I guess I was just used to a Howard Stern who would quickly interupt, hurry the stories along, guide the interviewee into topics that he designed to be an interesting show for the listeners and get them on focus on something interesting to the demographic of the listeners you are trying to please.

Now onto Day 2. Fantastic! It was like he was a different guy! Maybe he was more well-rested and less nervous. Maybe he is such a fast learner that he took the criticism and self-evaluation and turned the whole thing around. He was funny and on track all morning this morning. It was very entertaining, and all of those attributes of humor, intelligence and personality came through. Over time, I think he will rely on letting those attributes come through on their own without forcing them and the show will get more structure and he will be truly great. I just hope the idiots at CBS give him enough time and ratings periods to show them that he can dominate morning radio. And I hope that anyone who was disappointed with Day 1 tuned back in today to hear how great it was. I can't wait to hear tomorrow and to hear DLR with some great guests.

I'm one of the biggest ROTH fans out there and I agree with what you wrote %100. Day 2 WAS better and I'm looking foward to day 3...

diamondsgirl
01-04-2006, 12:07 PM
..and isn't that Sasha a lucky girl... getting all kinds of attention from Dave today. :)

chuckg1982
01-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I listened to it for about a half hour. I loved the part where that guy called just to say that Dave sucked and Dave made a complete ass out of him. Instead of just hanging up, he says, "Oh, we have a comedian here! Let's give him the floor." Brilliant!

hain23x
01-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Ok, it's obvious that Dave's show isn't going to be like the hundreds of other morning DJ shows(you know the format, the host, his sidekick, a dumb blonde, and a laugh track) Yet, his show is also not like that SNL skit with the two girls and Alec Baldwin's balls either!

Dave's show is more "talk radio" than the usual morning format. Dave's show isn't for the knuckledraggin' meathead that listens to the morning shows like Opie & Anthony, Howard Stern, etc.

People are always amazed that there is more to Dave than "I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend"

It'll take him some time to develop his show and find his audience. But he'll get there. But if you are looking for lesbian Jeopardy then you better get your Sirius radio

I must be one of the only ones who really did like his Uncle Manny! I thought the old guy was a riot! He had great cominc timing and you can see that Dave got his humor from his quirky relatives.

golden boy
01-04-2006, 01:12 PM
i liked uncle manny and would like to hear more stories

bantonelli
01-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by chuckg1982
I listened to it for about a half hour. I loved the part where that guy called just to say that Dave sucked and Dave made a complete ass out of him. Instead of just hanging up, he says, "Oh, we have a comedian here! Let's give him the floor." Brilliant!

That moment with ROTH's quick stroke of brilliance was PRICELESS...... STERN & SPAMMY Smackers should quickly get the hint that if they trespass onto ROTH airwave property with their attempt at voicing smut.....they will be humiliated endlessly.

ROTH RADIO RULZ and so does this ARMY !!

DLR's Special Guest tomorrow (Thursday) is our one and only from our ARMY:

NateDog (from Minneapolis) .....check him out!

DLR'sCock
01-04-2006, 01:38 PM
I thought today was really good, and I see the show getting better in time.

Hardrock69
01-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
That moment with ROTH's quick stroke of brilliance was PRICELESS...... STERN & SPAMMY Smackers should quickly get the hint that if they trespass onto ROTH airwave property with their attempt at voicing smut.....they will be humiliated endlessly.

ROTH RADIO RULZ and so does this ARMY !!

DLR's Special Guest tomorrow (Thursday) is our one and only from our ARMY:

NateDog (from Minneapolis) .....check him out!

Is this for real????

NateDog on DLR tomorrow?

franksters
01-04-2006, 03:30 PM
he tried calling today, and his phone died on him, regardless of the phone the show was over..I guess he'll call again tomorrow.

flub
01-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I just listened to today's podcast which included a clip from today's show that I didn't hear this morning. It was the start of the gun education thing and the guy that attacked his dad. That was REALLY GREAT STUFF. Very entertaining!

I think DLR is going to bring something totally different to the airwaves and reinvent the talk format by bringing intelligent and entertaining story telling to the listener. Very few entertainers have the experiences, knowledge, opinions and entertaining attitude to be able to tell entertaining and deep stories. It almost seems like DLR's style is a throwback to an older time when people would gather around a radio and listen to a story teller paint a mental picture.

Maybe CBS deserves more credit than most people give them for bringing a whole new approach and style to their syndicated show. I said it before and I'll say it again... I hope they believe in the show enough and have enough vision to stick with it and allow the show to grow and make it's own space in the radio medium.

hain23x
01-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm listening to hour 1 from today.. I heard the last half with the lesbian EMT chick this morning.

Hour 1 is a lot of fun!

it sure as hell beats Rover, Mancrud, Steve Dull and every other retard I have to put up with in Chicago

Va Beach VH Fan
01-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by hain23x
People are always amazed that there is more to Dave than "I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend"

What !! I didn't get the memo on that !!!

;)

truthdefender
01-04-2006, 08:12 PM
These are all good thinking. Also I was thinking of another thought and that is that David lee Roth has good hair and his hair is way better then stupid Howard Sternses'

hain23x
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
listening to hour 2

DLR has dissed John Gotti

that.....can't......be........good

Flash Bastard
01-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by chuckg1982

Anyone remember which hour this happened?

Seshmeister
01-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by hain23x
listening to hour 2

DLR has dissed John Gotti

that.....can't......be........good

He's probably waking up with a horses head beside him just now...:)

diamondsgirl
01-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Anyone remember which hour this happened?

I think it was with in the last hour

funny as hell when Roth said "nevermind...throw him away" and he was gone. :D

fuckhowardstern
01-05-2006, 12:31 AM
"throw him away like a white tissue" was in the first hour.

jhale667
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm listening to today's show now...I just heard that. He's pretty good at shutting down the trolls

Caller: Do you even know what you're talking about half the time?

Dave: I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Do you need me to slow it DOWN for you, or do you need more SPACE between the WORDS?

:D And then the tissue line...he's too quick-witted for the average troll...