PDA

View Full Version : Zakk Wylde Inducted into Rock Walk

Jimmy Jingles
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Zakk will be inducted into Guitar Center's Hollywood's RockWalk, located on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood, CA, on Tuesday January 17, 2006 at noon.

I will just happen to be in LA for that day and will probably stop by to check it out.

Will any other Army members be there?

BruinJer
01-04-2006, 02:28 PM
I don't know what it is about Zakk.... but I've never been impressed with his guitar playing.

bastardog
01-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Hall of fame just for drive Ozzy to a sold out sound and imitates his voice in Black Label Society new album.
Next one will be Robbie Williams

Mr Badguy
01-04-2006, 03:22 PM
They`re inducting sidemen into a Rockwalk?

Who`s next?

Bruce Kulick?

Craig Goldy?

Douglas T.
01-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
Zakk will be inducted into Guitar Center's Hollywood's RockWalk, located on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood, CA, on Tuesday January 17, 2006 at noon.
Will any other Army members be there?

Would be if I could be!
http://hometown.aol.com/dtskynyrd/myhomepage/books.html

rustoffa
01-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
They`re inducting sidemen into a Rockwalk?

Welp, the cuntputer table is a mess after that one.

Thanks for the sig and laugh-induced hernia.......

:lol:

Mr Badguy
01-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Welp, the cuntputer table is a mess after that one.

Thanks for the sig and laugh-induced hernia.......

:lol:

Just an observation.

With all respect, what the fuck did Zakk Wylde ever do?

Hardrock69
01-05-2006, 10:30 AM
He is a motherfucker of a guitarist.

Back in 1992 I hung out with the band on one of their tour stops. Actually it was just before the Clinton/Bush Sr. election.

Zakk was pissed cause he could not get a write-in ballot for his home state of New Jersey. Ozzy was thinking Bush would win. His opinion was "Better the devil you know, than the one you don't".

So anyway, I was in the pit right under Zakk when he did his guitar solo for the evening.

Fucking amazing.

You people that wonder why he is being inducted into the GUITAR Center Rock Walk in HollyWeird need to go back to listening to your disco records.
:rolleyes:

Mr Badguy
01-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
He is a motherfucker of a guitarist.

Back in 1992 I hung out with the band on one of their tour stops. Actually it was just before the Clinton/Bush Sr. election.

Zakk was pissed cause he could not get a write-in ballot for his home state of New Jersey. Ozzy was thinking Bush would win. His opinion was "Better the devil you know, than the one you don't".

So anyway, I was in the pit right under Zakk when he did his guitar solo for the evening.

Fucking amazing.

You people that wonder why he is being inducted into the GUITAR Center Rock Walk in HollyWeird need to go back to listening to your disco records.

No offence, HR69, but although he can really play, what did he ever play that really sticks in the mind?

Sure, he could nail Randy and Jake`s solos but his own solos suck.

What killer riffs and killer songs did he ever write?

Jimi Hendrix?

Yes.

Tony Iommi?

Yes.

Ritchie Blackmore?

Yes.

Eddie Van Halen?

Yes.

Zakk Wylde?

Nope.

To me, he`s just a squealing shred merchant and inducting him to a guitar hall of fame makes as much sense as inducting someone like Michael Angelo.

bastardog
01-05-2006, 02:45 PM
The name of the next inductee to Rock Walk is

BASTARDOG!!! for his air guitar performance over his bed in his parents house.
He was retired for a time but return to perform again when entered the RothArmy on 2004

Hardrock69
01-05-2006, 05:41 PM
LMAO!!!

bueno bob
01-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Zakk's an OK guitarist...but truthfully nothing to write home about...

Nextr inductees will obviously be Jeff Pilson and Vinny Appice...

Diamondjimi
01-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey ,why not induct CC Deville or Brent Muscat (Faster Bushycat) while their at it ???