X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faquar
    Groupie
    • Jan 2006

Dave's Producer...

On yesterday's show, Dave talked of having to fire his producer for getting out of hand (screaming & accosting someone), but I was in the kitchen and didn't hear it all. Was he talking about his radio show producer or one from the band?

Thanks...
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Radio show guy.

Comment

• Calderone
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

i think he was jokin

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
        Commando
        • Nov 2005

yeah he was joking yesterday about his producer but he seemed genuinely pissed at the engineer today!

Comment

• il_es_douche
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jan 2006

Where have I hear this before?

Dave is mad at his producer, then at his engineer? And he's creating a bit out of it? This seems familiar...Will he be doing any bits with a new, African American woman sidekick and playing lesbian dial-a-date next?
          it's true of course

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
            Commando
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by il_es_douche
            Dave is mad at his producer, then at his engineer? And he's creating a bit out of it? This seems familiar...Will he be doing any bits with a new, African American woman sidekick and playing lesbian dial-a-date next?

Will you and your daddy be doing a bit reenacting the fellatio performance you perfected as a little boy, ritetool?

Comment

• crankfarm
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jun 2004

I believe Dave's producer is Matt Sencio, who has been his manager for the last few years. I don't know how serious Dave was yesterday, but it sounded like Matt may be history.

In my opinion, Matt should have been canned a long time ago. I did some business with him and Dave a few years ago and let's just say that Matt didn't appear to be the most "capable" manager. If he's really gone - Dave is better off.

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
                Commando
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by crankfarm
                I believe Dave's producer is Matt Sencio, who has been his manager for the last few years. I don't know how serious Dave was yesterday, but it sounded like Matt may be history.

In my opinion, Matt should have been canned a long time ago. I did some business with him and Dave a few years ago and let's just say that Matt didn't appear to be the most "capable" manager. If he's really gone - Dave is better off.

That would have been a real cool post if you would have elaborated on the business you did with Dave....will you?

Comment

• Faquar
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2006

Thanks for the info, guys...

I found a thread at Ron&Fez that said it was Al Dukes????

Comment

• jero
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

And what business did you do?:confused:

Comment

• crankfarm
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Faquar
                      Thanks for the info, guys...

I found a thread at Ron&Fez that said it was Al Dukes????
                      The producer that Dave was angry with (and possibly fired) was in fact Matt Sencio. On the first show, Dave mentions that Matt doesn't get along with NY station manager Tom Chiusano. On the second show, Dave says that he is without a producer and that "Sencio" got in a fight with Tom Chiusano and that he has lost all respect for Matt because he was unable to control himself.

As for the questions regarding what work I did with Dave, here's the short story:

A couple years ago, myself and artist Garth Jones created a comic book about the history of Van Halen. Dave Got hold of a copy and loved it. He contacted me and hired Garth and myself to create a series of illustrated press releases for him. This is around the time he was suing the VH brothers for back royalties. The idea was that instead of sending out traditional press releases, Dave would send out comic strips. Anyway, the professional relationship lasted about 6 months and it was great. After a while, Garth and I attempted to convince Dave's manager to allow us to redesign his website - we had some brilliant ideas. Unfortunately, Dave is very "weird" when it comes to his online presence and when his present web developers began posting our comics on his site we had some serious problems with presentation and quality. In other words, they were using our content but not our site design and we didn't want our names associated with a website that looked like it was cobbled together by a retarded monkey.

We loved working with Dave and I had the great pleasure of having several lengthy conversations with the man himself, but seeing our hard work butchered by incompetents was simply too much to bear and we parted ways.

That's the short story.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2005

The producer that Dave was angry with (and possibly fired) was in fact Matt Sencio. On the first show, Dave mentions that Matt doesn't get along with NY station manager Tom Chiusano. On the second show, Dave says that he is without a producer and that "Sencio" got in a fight with Tom Chiusano and that he has lost all respect for Matt because he was unable to control himself.

As for the questions regarding what work I did with Dave, here's the short story:

A couple years ago, myself and artist Garth Jones created a comic book about the history of Van Halen. Dave Got hold of a copy and loved it. He contacted me and hired Garth and myself to create a series of illustrated press releases for him. This is around the time he was suing the VH brothers for back royalties. The idea was that instead of sending out traditional press releases, Dave would send out comic strips. Anyway, the professional relationship lasted about 6 months and it was great. After a while, Garth and I attempted to convince Dave's manager to allow us to redesign his website - we had some brilliant ideas. Unfortunately, Dave is very "weird" when it comes to his online presence and when his present web developers began posting our comics on his site we had some serious problems with presentation and quality. In other words, they were using our content but not our site design and we didn't want our names associated with a website that looked like it was cobbled together by a retarded monkey.

We loved working with Dave and I had the great pleasure of having several lengthy conversations with the man himself, but seeing our hard work butchered by incompetents was simply too much to bear and we parted ways.

That's the short story.

Dave is weird bout his website...I don't remember any comic strips on his site, but I totally agree with the poor web design.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2005

Wait...I remember now!

I looked up Garth and came across this website.....

I don't know if you guys are associated but remember the Tabula Rasa rumor? lol

Comment

• hain23x
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

crankfarm,

I'd be interested in hearing more about Dave's "weirdness" for his online presence

His web site has always sucked. At one point it had some real cool crazy pictures but you had to scroll east and west and north and south waaaaaaaaaay to much to see the pics.

those comics of ya'lls were gold! very funny stuff
                            Eat Us and Smile!
                            Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• BrownSound1
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Mar 2003

Matt used to be the bass tech for James, before becoming the manager, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Working...