PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATE** - BUGBOY STEPS DOWN!!

FORD
01-06-2006, 03:11 PM
January 06, 2006
BREAKING NEWS: HOUSE GOPERS CALL FOR ELECTIONS

The Hotline has learned from three House sources that at least two-dozen House GOPers spanning the ideological spectrum have agreed to sign a letter to House Conference Chair Deborah Pryce (R-OH) requesting new leadership elections in an effort to block Rep. Tom DeLay from reclaiming his post as Maj Leader. A group of members and staffers held a conference call earlier today and plan to hold a second one later in the afternoon as they seek to obtain the required 50 signatures to force the vote.

The sources confirm that the effort to build the list is being led by conservative Rep. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and moderate Rep. Charles Bass (R-NH). Flake has been tasked with lobbying his fellow conservative colleagues, while Bass is in charge of corralling other Tuesday Group moderates.

This is the first sign of what has been, since the Abramoff plea, a quickly-growing, behind-the-scenes effort to ensure that DeLay does not return to the top of the House GOP. [JONATHAN MARTIN]

link (http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/)

Warham
01-06-2006, 03:29 PM
He's not going to be impeached.

BigBadBrian
01-06-2006, 03:56 PM
We have enough threads on Delay.

ELVIS or Doc, close this thread. :cool:

FORD
01-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Go fuck yourself up the ass with a chainsaw.

Horseskin
01-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Warham
He's not going to be impeached.

MS. WARHAM

Warham
01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Who are you again?

Warham
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
You libs complain when there's new Howard Dean threads opening up every week, but for some reason you guys have no problem with an impeachment thread ever ten minutes, or a DeLay thread every twenty.

Hypocrites.

BigBadBrian
01-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Go fuck yourself up the ass with a chainsaw.

Always a homosexual reference from you.

Why is that? :confused:

Hardrock69
01-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Because you are a homo?
:confused:

Nickdfresh
01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
You libs complain when there's new Howard Dean threads opening up every week, but for some reason you guys have no problem with an impeachment thread ever ten minutes, or a DeLay thread every twenty.

Hypocrites.

How about not opening three threads re. the same topic within' twenty minutes of each other? Or while other threads re. said topic are still on the front page? What's hypocritical about that? That's just basic etiquette...

BigBadBrian
01-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Because you are a homo?
:confused:

I'm not the one that reads queer websites or defends their viewpoint.

That's YOUR team.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

That's YOUR team.

:gulp:

Your "team" is either in the closet or in denial...

Who's read a "queer website?" (Unless you consider Lesbians queer).

I support basic individual liberties for all...

Wasn't Scott GANNON on "your team?"

Warham
01-06-2006, 06:14 PM
You libs have problems with gays?

ODShowtime
01-06-2006, 07:07 PM
when shit goes down... you better be ready

cons, good job defending yourselves up in here! :rolleyes:

Phil theStalker
01-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
when shit goes down... you better be ready

cons, good job defending yourselves up in here! :rolleyes:
I'm reedy, ODShowtime.;)

:spank:

Hardrock69
01-07-2006, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Neither am I, pillow-biter.

FORD
01-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Wasn't Scott GANNON on "your team?"

Scott Gannon??

I think you might be confusing Jimmy Jeff Gannon Guckert with his White House boyfriend Scottie "the Duck" McClellan.

FORD
01-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Officials: DeLay to give up majority leader post
Move clears way for election of new House leadership amid scandal

BREAKING NEWS
The Associated Press
Updated: 12:35 p.m. ET Jan. 7, 2006

WASHINGTON - Embattled Rep. Tom DeLay decided Saturday to give up his post as House majority leader, clearing the way for new leadership elections among House Republicans eager to shed the taint of scandal, two officials said.

These officials said DeLay, R-Texas, was preparing a letter informing fellow House Republicans of his decision. These officials spoke on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt the formal announcement.

DeLay is battling campaign finance charges in Texas and was forced to step aside temporarily as majority leader last fall after he was charged in his home state. He has consistently maintained his innocence and said he intended to resume his leadership post once cleared.

His about-face came amid growing pressure from fellow Republicans who were concerned about their own political futures in the wake of this week’s guilty pleas by lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

Missouri Rep. Roy Blunt, the party whip who temporarily has filled in for DeLay, was expected to run for majority leader.

Rep. John Boehner of Ohio, a former member of the leadership, is also likely to run.

Elections are likely the week of Jan. 30, when lawmakers return to the Capitol.

DeLay intends to remain in Congress, these officials said, and plans to seek a new term in November.

DeLay acted hours after a small vanguard of Republicans circulated a petition calling for leadership elections and citing DeLay’s legal problems as well as his long ties to Abramoff.

Missouri Rep. Roy Blunt, the party whip who temporarily has filled in for DeLay, was expected to run for majority leader.

Rep. John Boehner of Ohio, a former member of the leadership, is also likely to run.
Elections are likely the week of Jan. 30, when lawmakers return to the Capitol.

DeLay intends to remain in Congress, these officials said, and plans to seek a new term in November.

DeLay acted hours after a small vanguard of Republicans circulated a petition calling for leadership elections and citing DeLay’s legal problems as well as his long ties to Abramoff.
© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2006 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10704050/

Nickdfresh
01-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Scott Gannon??

I think you might be confusing Jimmy Jeff Gannon Guckert with his White House boyfriend Scottie "the Duck" McClellan.

Well, it's tough to tell 'em apart...:D

Hardrock69
01-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Where does one end and the other begin?

Kinda like the Neo-Con Shortbus 3....

;)
:D

Warham
01-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm glad DeLay stepped down.

Warham
01-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Where does one end and the other begin?

Kinda like the Neo-Con Shortbus 3....

;)

Keep quiet, fool.

;)

DLR'sCock
01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
So how many Repuke scandals are there right now?

Phil theStalker
01-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
So how many Repuke scandals are there right now?
"A long train of abuses."
Thomas Jefferson

Enough for a revolution, my friend.

Enough.

:spank:

Hardrock69
01-08-2006, 04:38 AM
One of these days, everyone in America is going to open their window...lean out, and yell "I'M MAD AS HELL...AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!"

http://forums.newspeakdictionary.com/img/Network_mad_a.jpg

FORD
01-08-2006, 05:11 AM
One of these days, everyone in America is going to open their window...lean out, and yell "I'M MAD AS HELL...AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!"

http://forums.newspeakdictionary.com/img/Network_mad_a.jpg

That movie was rather prophetic about what the corporate media would become, wasn't it?

Except I can't see any of the clowns on the air today rising up against the machine like old Howard did in the movie. Shepard Smith of FAUX News probably came the closest during the Hurricane Katrina coverage. But then he's a gay man working for a right wing propaganda company, so every day's gotta be a serious mental pressure cooker for him......

Hardrock69
01-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, I agree the movie was prophetic, but my statement had nothing to do with the "talking heads" rising up in revolt....

I just used the line and photo to illustrate the statement "I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANY MORE!" when talking about the GENERAL PUBLIC deciding they have had enough.

ODShowtime
01-11-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm glad DeLay stepped down.

I wish I could send this statement back a year in a time machine.