Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Jesus 'healed using cannabis'

Duncan Campbell in Los Angeles
    Monday January 6, 2003
    The Guardian

Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.

The anointing oil used by Jesus and his disciples contained an ingredient called kaneh-bosem which has since been identified as cannabis extract, according to an article by Chris Bennett in the drugs magazine, High Times, entitled Was Jesus a Stoner? The incense used by Jesus in ceremonies also contained a cannabis extract, suggests Mr Bennett, who quotes scholars to back his claims.

Article continues
    "There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion," Carl Ruck, professor of classical mythology at Boston University said.

Referring to the existence of cannabis in anointing oils used in ceremonies, he added: "Obviously the easy availability and long-established tradition of cannabis in early Judaism _ would inevitably have included it in the [Christian] mixtures."

Mr Bennett suggests those anointed with the oils used by Jesus were "literally drenched in this potent mixture _ Although most modern people choose to smoke or eat pot, when its active ingredients are transferred into an oil-based carrier, it can also be absorbed through the skin".

Quoting the New Testament, Mr Bennett argues that Jesus anointed his disciples with the oil and encouraged them to do the same with other followers. This could have been responsible for healing eye and skin diseases referred to in the Gospels.

"If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil _ and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ," Mr Bennett concludes.

Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Smoke-a-bowla, go to heaven...
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
      Commando
      • Nov 2005

OH no you di'int!

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Who didn't?
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

The real "Burnin' Bush" LMAO

Nice to know everytime I spark up a fattie I'm getting closer to God.

I'm sure our good friend Jesus Christ, will post the facts on this case soon enough.
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

I stopped smoking week a while a go, I got to fucking crazy and got into no good! lol
            http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
            Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
            Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

*Weed* I mean!

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!

Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

dope thread....

er, I mean dupe thread.....

aw fuck it, I can't find the original.... and I'm not even high!
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
                  I stopped smoking week a while a go, I got to fucking crazy and got into no good! lol
                  Sure you're not stoned right now?

BTW, Nate, was that you that called into The Young Turks show on Air America Saturday?

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    Sure you're not stoned right now?

BTW, Nate, was that you that called into The Young Turks show on Air America Saturday?
                    Nope, and Nope!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

I can't post what I actually think... too blasphemous!

Anyway, thanks for this thread, HR - "He" couldn't be straight, telling such crap over and over, and "His" followers couldn't be either...
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

What If God Smoked Cannabis

[ sung to the tune of What If God Was One Of Us - Joan Osborne ]

If God had long hair
                        And a goatee,
                        And if his eyes looked pretty glazed...
                        If He looked spaced out
                        Would you buy his story?
                        Would you believe he had an eye infection?

And yeah, yeah, God he looks baked
                        And yeah, yeah, God He smells good,
                        And yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah...

What if God smoked cannabis?
                        Hit the bung like some of us?
                        Drove a tie-dyed microbus,
                        And he subscribed to Rolling Stone?

When God made this place,
                        In the beginning,
                        Did He plant any seeds?
                        Or did he put them there for Adam and Eve,
                        So they'd be hungry for the apple that the snake
                        Was always offering?

And yeah, yeah... God rolls great,
                        And yeah, yeah, God he smells good,
                        And yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah...

What if God smoked cannabis?
                        Do you suppose he had a buzz
                        When he made the platypus
                        When he created earth, our home?
                        Does He like Pearl Jam or the Stones?
                        And do you think He rolls His own
                        Up there in heaven on the throne?

And when the saints go marching home,
                        Does he just sit and smoke a bone

Thanks to Bob Rivers, Spike and Joe

-Kip

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I used it to "heal" some nasty hangovers.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Man Made Alcohol, GOD Made Pot. GOD is perfect, man is not - Hebrews 4:20

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

He brews ... he grows ... you choose ... who knows ...

Comment

Working...