PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly Gets OWN3D by David Letterman

Nickdfresh
01-08-2006, 11:00 AM

Bill joined David last night on the Late Show and found that Letterman wasn't buying his phony war on Christmas deal. David also wasn't happy about his attacking Cindy Sheehan, the Iraq war and a lot of what Bill has to say in general.

QuickTimeMov (http://movies.crooksandliars.com/cbs_letterman_oreilly_060103a.mov)

Transcript
O'REILLY: No way that a terrorist that blows up women and children is going to be called a freedom fighter on my program. (applause)

LETTERMAN: I'm not smart enough to debate you point to point on this, but I have the feeling that about 60 percent of what you say is crap (laughter)...

O'REILLY: 60?

LETTERMAN: 60 percent...I'm just spitballing here.

O'REILLY: Listen, I respect your opinion. You should respect mine (applause.) Our analysis is based on the best evidence we can get.

LETTERMAN: This fair and balanced...I don't think you represent an objective viewpoint.

Before O'Reilly says something negative about Letterman, he should be reminded what Bill said about David in the past.

ULTRAMAN VH
01-08-2006, 11:23 AM
With all do respect, I guess it is a matter of perspective. I thought the O'Reilly-Letterman war was pretty even. They both verbally jabbed each other and the audience seemed to give them equal applause. If you don't like O'Reilly, at least give him some credit for stepping into Lettermans arena and getting some applause from Letterman's fans. Most of the hollywood lefty's and politicians, both Democrat and Conservative, don't have the balls to even step into O'Reilly's studio for an interview.

Nickdfresh
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
With all do respect, I guess it is a matter of perspective. I thought the O'Reilly-Letterman war was pretty even. They both verbally jabbed each other and the audience seemed to give them equal applause. If you don't like O'Reilly, at least give him some credit for stepping into Lettermans arena and getting some applause from Letterman's fans. Most of the hollywood lefty's and politicians, both Democrat and Conservative, don't have the balls to even step into O'Reilly's studio for an interview.

Yeah, well, not to dispel your apparant admiration for O'Reilly, but if using the audience as a measure, they clearly side with LETTERMAN on my applausometer...

O'Reilly would say something that sounded reasonable at face value or on the surface, then Letterman would make him look like the phony-baloney, merchandise-mongering dick he is, by calling him out on it...

O'Reilly's show? Well, a lot of people (both left, center, and right) refuse to appear on his show because he's notorious for editing people's comments to make them appear out of context, or for content where he gets his ass handed to him. The fact is that O'Reilly usually refuses to debate anybody in an open forum, where he doesn't have editorial cuntrol. He is neither fair, nor balanced. He a bastard that routinely lies and is himself making a mockery of Christmas through his self-serving campaign "to save" it (by selling books and more products)....

Phil theStalker
01-08-2006, 11:59 AM
With all do respect, I guess it is a matter of perspective. I thought the O'Reilly-Letterman war was pretty even. They both verbally jabbed each other and the audience seemed to give them equal applause. If you don't like O'Reilly, at least give him some credit for stepping into Lettermans arena and getting some applause from Letterman's fans. Most of the hollywood lefty's and politicians, both Democrat and Conservative, don't have the balls to even step into O'Reilly's studio for an interview. Fir1st, noboody wit balls goes on O'Reilly. THEY WANT THE PUBLICITY! They know wot they're gooing t2o git from dat plastic eye surgery O'Reelly da plastic mman.

O'Reelly was the same clown he is all da time whereas kitty Litterman wuz not his clowning self and was being very serious.

Da audience applauded f4or both clowns, butt Litterman's applause were mmmuch louder.

I give da match t2o Litterman.

:spank:
PS Alex Jones has a longer clip where after O'Reely says Sheehan and others should bee very careful aboot wot they say, Litterman came back wit, "You should bee very careful aboot wot yoo say, t2oo." And da crowd ROARED!!! O'Reely's probably headed f4or a Johnny Lenin ending aff I hear Litterman's comment right. www.inforwars.com

ULTRAMAN VH
01-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Well 1st off thanks for not resorting to the use of expletives to get your point across. Your points are well taken. Yeah O'Reilly has made a ton of money, when has that become a crime??? I don't see Letterman donating the proceeds made by selling merchandise to charity organizations?? All of O'Reilly's merchandise is sold for charity. It is news to me that O'Reilly edits his shows?? And he doe's hit the talk show circuit, I have seen him as a guest on several programs. I do enjoy The O'Reilly Factor but do not always agree with his politics, especially on the Death Penalty and the war in Iraq.
I like O'Reilly because he goe's after individuals and groups that prey on innocent children and attempt to bring down this country. The guy has guts and when someone comes on his show and has the balls to debate with him, he always thanks that individual and a mutual respect is developed. Unfortunatley most politicians are gutless cowards only looking out for themselves.

ULTRAMAN VH
01-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey Phil, your points are also well taken. I also feel a class in elementary english would do wonders for you. Have a great day and lay off the old "Bowery Boy's" movies, they have had ill effect's on your well being.

Matt White
01-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I thought the discussion between the two was fairly even.....

But then O'Rilley went on his show Friday and blew a nut that GOODMORNING AMERICA only showed Letterman zinging him...with no retort from O'Rilley. Bill was outraged....yet this is EXACTLY what THE FACTOR did when AL FRANKEN lit into BILL at that Book Forum a couple of years back....

O'Rilley has NO credibility...he's a hypocrite

Nickdfresh
01-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Well 1st off thanks for not resorting to the use of expletives to get your point across.

I only get ugly when people get ugly with me.

Your points are well taken. Yeah O'Reilly has made a ton of money, when has that become a crime???

Oh no. Most journalists make a lot of dough with big contracts. My problem is so-called "journalists" that have their own line of merchandise. I don't recall an "Edward R. Murrow" coffee mug. Journalism is supposed to be about the truth, not selling trinkets or pushing books. And yes journalists can certainly write books and profit, but when they use their shows as a venue to whip up fantasy-hype over it, (i.e. "The War on Christmas"), that's different.

I don't see Letterman donating the proceeds made by selling merchandise to charity organizations?? All of O'Reilly's merchandise is sold for charity.

I seriously doubt all the proceeds go to charity. Some certainly, but not all. And Letterman would not make a point to tell you he donates to charity, but I'm pretty sure that he does.

It is news to me that O'Reilly edits his shows??

There have been several that have claimed that they've been presented out of context. The comedian that plays "Triumph, the Insult Dog" claims that O'Reilly totally switched around what he said by editing out part of his dialogue.

And he does hit the talk show circuit, I have seen him as a guest on several programs.

This is true, but out of the confines of his studio, he often looks a little weird or awkward.

I do enjoy The O'Reilly Factor but do not always agree with his politics, especially on the Death Penalty and the war in Iraq.
I like O'Reilly because he goe's after individuals and groups that prey on innocent children and attempt to bring down this country.

Well, honestly, I've seen O'Reilly do some decent things, such as a recent interview with BONO, where both were engaging, and he actually asked some tough, good questions.

But when he tries to be some tough-guy demagogue, like pointing into a camera after reading an admittedly fake, representive letter by an "atheist," and pointing into the camera and saying to those he delusionally thinks are offended by Christmas and saying, "we know who you are..." It's just childish at times.

The guy has guts and when someone comes on his show and has the balls to debate with him, he always thanks that individual and a mutual respect is developed. Unfortunately most politicians are gutless cowards only looking out for themselves.

Yeah, well I don't watch him often since he's on in prime time, but sometimes he makes simplistic, sweeping generalizations that I find to be dishonest, and not very "fair or balanced."

Phil theStalker
01-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Hey Phil, your points are also well taken. I also feel a class in elementary english would do wonders for you. Have a great day and lay off the old "Bowery Boy's" movies, they have had ill effect's on your well being.
I know a compliment when I hear o1ne.

Thank you.

The fir1st amendment is f4or yoo, mme, everyo1ne.

Aff I changed mmy English I'd git rid aff mmmy individualiTITy!;)

EDIT: I have t2o edTIT mmmy individualiTITy.

ULTRAMAN VH
01-08-2006, 12:40 PM
You know what Phil, your right.

Warham
01-08-2006, 12:47 PM
O'Reilly isn't any different from Al Franken or anybody else on the radio.

ULTRAMAN VH
01-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Matt your avatar is hilarious. I am having a hell of a time setting up a pic of Ultraman as my avatar.

Phil theStalker
01-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Warham
O'Reilly isn't any different from Al Franken or anybody else on the radio.
He's not like David Lee Roth in da mmmornings!

He's BETTER than Stern.

DLR'sCock
01-08-2006, 04:32 PM
O'Reilly is a piece of shit.

4moreyears
01-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Well 1st off thanks for not resorting to the use of expletives to get your point across. Your points are well taken. Yeah O'Reilly has made a ton of money, when has that become a crime??? I don't see Letterman donating the proceeds made by selling merchandise to charity organizations?? All of O'Reilly's merchandise is sold for charity. It is news to me that O'Reilly edits his shows?? And he doe's hit the talk show circuit, I have seen him as a guest on several programs. I do enjoy The O'Reilly Factor but do not always agree with his politics, especially on the Death Penalty and the war in Iraq.
I like O'Reilly because he goe's after individuals and groups that prey on innocent children and attempt to bring down this country. The guy has guts and when someone comes on his show and has the balls to debate with him, he always thanks that individual and a mutual respect is developed. Unfortunatley most politicians are gutless cowards only looking out for themselves.

Nick calls out anyone who has a voice of reason.

4moreyears
01-08-2006, 10:27 PM
[i]Originally posted by Nickdfresh OWN3D

What the Fuck does that mean. Can't you spell you stupid dumb fuck.

Horseskin
01-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
What the Fuck does that mean. Can't you spell you stupid dumb fuck. Abso-fucking-lutely hilarious. Why don't you apply for a job with Der Heimatssicherheit!

That's hard to spell.

Nickdfresh
01-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Nick calls out anyone who has a voice of reason.

What the Fuck does that mean. Can't you spell you stupid dumb fuck.

Dude, are you seriously this stupid and totally incompetent? You're not 37, are you? Are you even 17?

I think it's time you go back over to the LINKS and discuss the merits of 'remastering OU812' with the other SHEEP. You're a disgruntled LINKS troll if I've ever seen one, and you're hard-on for FORD is growing stale here. I'd put you in a unique class of delusion with WAYNE L. at this point...

And you're the last person to call out anyone's spelling or grammar, since this forum is filled with your poor examples of it...

But just so you no for future reference you stinky turd goblin:

http://0wn3d.dk/owned/Mc-Own3d.jpg

scamper
01-09-2006, 07:58 AM
O'Reilly is not a journalist he's an opinionated asshole just like franken. Who gives a flying fu(k what any of those people think, especially bono. They make a living sucking money out of the pockets of mindless people that are just looking for self reassurance. Except for bono who charges ungodly amounts of money for 20 year old music and then bitches about how we should give money to third world countries.

Phil theStalker
01-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by scamper
O'Reilly is not a journalist he's an opinionated asshole just like franken. Who gives a flying fu(k what any of those people think, especially bono. They make a living sucking money out of the pockets of mindless people that are just looking for self reassurance. Except for bono who charges ungodly amounts of money for 20 year old music and then bitches about how we should give money to third world countries.
Yes, they're not journalists, they're ENTERTAINERS.

It's a BIG difference.

But it's too late to wake anybody up anymore.

We...the very active minority of Americans are going to change this, because we can't wait any longer for the rest of the people to 'get it'.

100% of the country did not support or want anything to do with the American revolution. So own your wealth to corporate second mortage to pay for the mortgage, your six pack, your kids CDs, and your cable sports of tranquility if you are still getting a paycheck from GM and Ford in your life's servitude.

"If ye love wealth greater than libery, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds yoiu. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

This wasn't said in England. This was said in the British Colonies, August 1, 1776, by Samuel Adams

"Might as well jump."

Good advice.

:mad:

Nickdfresh
01-09-2006, 09:44 AM
But O'Reilly is on a 24-hour news channel, and he trumps the "no spin zone" BS...And in fact he does present himself as a journalist when he does hard hitting pieces on "The War On CHRISTMAS®" I guess the underfunding of education and child poverty in this country aren't as sexy as schools that change the lyrics to "Silent Night.":rolleyes:

BONO is an entertainer, that has never asked anybody to donate anything, nor does he feign journalistic credibility. He merely has spoken about debt relief and the AIDS scourge in Africa (because it occurred to him how silly it was to raise $100million for relief efforts in the 80's when the Ethiopian Gov't had to pay $200M on interest in debt alone annually)...

I find it interesting that people here rip BONO apart for making lots of money, and trying to help others at the same time, whilst they praise the vermin in the music industry that have only made money and helped themselves...

Funny, but U2 came up in discussion on DAVE's first show, and his studio lackey began slamming BONO the way others have and DAVE cut him off with, "Well I think BONO has a good point actually."

Phil theStalker
01-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
But O'Reilly is on a 24-hour news channel, and he trumps the "no spin zone" BS...And in fact he does present himself as a journalist when he does hard hitting pieces on "The War On CHRISTMAS®" I guess the underfunding of education and child poverty in this country aren't as sexy as schools that change the lyrics to "Silent Night.":rolleyes:

BONO is an entertainer, that has never asked anybody to donate anything, nor does he feign journalistic credibility. He merely has spoken about debt relief and the AIDS scourge in Africa (because it occurred to him how silly it was to raise $100million for relief efforts in the 80's when the Ethiopian Gov't had to pay $200M on interest in debt alone annually)...

I find it interesting that people here rip BONO apart for making lots of money, and trying to help others at the same time, whilst they praise the vermin in the music industry that have only made money and helped themselves...

Funny, but U2 came up in discussion on DAVE's first show, and his studio lackey began slamming BONO the way others have and DAVE cut him off with, "Well I think BONO has a good point actually." I'm listening to Dave right now and polishing my carbine.

No, you sheeple, that is not a masturbation reference.

scamper
01-09-2006, 10:35 AM
whilst they praise the vermin in the music industry that have only made money and helped themselves...

I don't praise any of them, and I don't care how much they make. I just don't want to hear them spue their opinions. If I want someones opinion I'll tune into the frontline.

scamper
01-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by scamper
I don't praise any of them, and I don't care how much they make. I just don't want to hear them spue their opinions. If I want someones opinion I'll tune into the frontline.

kind of a self absorbed post

Warham
01-09-2006, 02:31 PM

O'Reilly can trumpet whatever he wants. He used to be the host of Inside Edition, a tabloid-like news show on FOX, so I don't think he's trying to fool anybody. He's got a large following and his books are all near the top of the NY Times list every week.

Who does do those 'hard-hitting pieces'? Chris Matthews? Joe Scarborough? Tucker Carlson? Dan Rather? James Carville?

If you want hard-hitting pieces, you usually won't find them clicking the TV remote.

Nickdfresh
01-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, a large not-too-bright following...:D

BigBadBrian
01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
"OWN3D"

What a silly little term for a silly little thread.

:)

Nickdfresh
01-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
"OWN3D"

What a silly little term for a silly little thread.

:)

You should put them at the top of all your threads after "been"____.

Warham
01-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I would suggest that just because you listen to somebody, that doesn't necessarily suggest how bright you are.

FORD
01-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I would suggest that just because you listen to somebody, that doesn't necessarily suggest how bright you are.

Unless you listen to Mike Malloy.... then it's only obvious that you must have a genius IQ :cool: