PDA

View Full Version : Dave sounds fantastic! What's the problem?

light 'em up!
01-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Every time I tune in, Dave sounds great. Maybe I'm baised, but I think he's way more interesting than Howard Stern. Dave's game is better than ever. The critics are full of shit.

jero
01-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Winners come and go, legends are forever!

light 'em up!
01-09-2006, 10:50 AM
I don't understand why so many critics are going off on Dave's laugh... He's got the fattest laugh in the business.

bantonelli
01-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
I don't understand why so many critics are going off on Dave's laugh... He's got the fattest laugh in the business.

Unfortunately, critics are not happy people and can't find a reason for laughter....like words from Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven".....

"Does anyone remember Laughta?"

YESSSSSSSSSS....DLR's laughter is contagious and for my starting my MONDAY and week off to a positive start...it's darn well appreciated.

bru87tr
01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
he may be more interesting and we are bias because we are major fans. but he is suppose to be entertainment for the listeners. he needs to be funny and we know dave can be that. but hes taking the show in the wrong direction for the general puclic who are use to getting a laugh in the morning.

bantonelli
01-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Well, it may simply be a matter of opinion and taste. I think Dave's show is entertaining as well as informative about subject matters that really get airtime whether on radio or television. I can actually see this as a school day lesson of sorts about people....what makes us tick, the behavior, etc.

DLR already knows how to "Entertain" and I believe he wants to show us that he's more than what you see on stage or hear on a CD. He's a deep thinker and he's tapping on serious issues, but trying to be alittle light hearted as well to bring alittle laughter to your day.

If you disagree, then maybe you are right...I am biased.

lafours
01-10-2006, 11:58 AM
I am a major fan of DLR and I have listened parts of the show every day...it's alright...not the greatest, far from the worst...I think it will take a while for the show to be really good.. right now it has kind of a dull feel and slow pacing to me, too much "adult" and too little "big rock", I think DLR is going out of his way to prove he is not a rock and roll idiot , but a well read reniasaince(sp?) man ....I hope Infinity leaves DLR on for at least a year before panicing... I think Dave is just starting to get the hang of working a topic ... a year from now he could really be rolling..

If he gets some interesting guests the show will probobly get alot better right away

ELVIS
01-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by bru87tr
he may be more interesting and we are bias because we are major fans. but he is suppose to be entertainment for the listeners. he needs to be funny and we know dave can be that. but hes taking the show in the wrong direction for the general puclic who are use to getting a laugh in the morning.

Exactly...

:elvis:

Northern Girl
01-10-2006, 01:15 PM

Who sets the criteria? Who says he has to be funny? Isn't it up to him what kind of show he wants to do? He already said he's not a comedian; he's not Howard (thank fucking God!). That shit gets old real fast.

I've never listened to talk radio before, so I have nothing to compare him to; which is probably why I can just take it for what it is and enjoy the hell out it. And I laugh plenty!

Faquar
01-10-2006, 03:01 PM

I agree with those who agree w/bru87...

I'm a huge fan and have listened to every show so far -- Dave, we know you as a rock icon... cut the Curtis Sliwa shit -- a coupl'a segments on child rearing's OK, but not every friggin' day!!

More sing-alongs w/Dave & Brian!! Please!!

MANYBOZOS
01-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
Every time I tune in, Dave sounds great. Maybe I'm baised, but I think he's way more interesting than Howard Stern. Dave's game is better than ever. The critics are full of shit.

I agree 100%!!!

Warham
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Dave IS trying to entertain the widest audience possible.

I think he tries to shy away from his rock legend past somewhat (besides the occasional digs at Hagar, etc.) and tries to broaden his scope besides catering to just Roth fans.

jhale667
01-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Dave IS trying to entertain the widest audience possible.

I think he tries to shy away from his rock legend past somewhat (besides the occasional digs at Hagar, etc.) and tries to broaden his scope besides catering to just Roth fans.

Wow, a Warham quote I agree with...AND it didn't start with "You Libs"...LOL ;) (I keed, I keed)

Nickdfresh
01-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Any so-called critic that judges DAVE solely be his first week, let alone by his first day, is full of shit. JEFF JARVIS has his head so far up HOWARDS ass, he sounds like a school girl in the Ed SULLIVAN theater when the BEATLES came on. The guy just gushes about Howard's 'genius' displayed on his first show, which was hardly stellar by Stern standards, then berates Dave on his first TWO HOURS on the air.

Have pulse + Listen to radio + Sycophant=Radio Critic.

rustoffa
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't have a problem. Houston, do you have a problem? :cool:

I thought the show went great today with some decent callers. Dave's commentary on plastic surgery was funny, and pretty much brilliant. The parallels' drawn on jailhouse tattoos' and tribal body modifications' as sedentary-based "enhancement" had me LOL.

Almost a week and a half in the books folks! What hath Roth wrought???
:D

Northern Girl
01-10-2006, 08:11 PM
From MTV.com:

But how are the men who replaced Stern faring after one week on the air? Though Roth has gotten almost universally negative notices for a show that some have called rambling and unfocused, Rob Barnett, the president of programming for Infinity Broadcasting (which is owned by MTV's parent company, Viacom) said it's way too early to make a judgment — especially since the first ratings book won't hit until April.

"If you go to Google right now and enter FreeFM, David Lee Roth, Adam Carolla, Penn Jillette or Rover, you will see that there is more noise about new radio shows than I've seen in decades," Barnett said. "That's a unique moment in radio that was caused by a change we've all had to face as fans and broadcasters. And just like it's not healthy to judge a movie that has taken years to create on its first weekend, in radio you have to form a relationship with a personality, and that doesn't happen in a day."

Barnett said it could take up to 18 months for the new hosts to get their footing, and though he expected the negative press ("one programmer said to me if the Lord had replaced Howard Stern, the first 24 hours would produce nothing but negative comments"), he said the company is committed to the shows.

link (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1520491/20060110/index.jhtml?headlines=true)

Warham
01-10-2006, 08:32 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd swear the average IQ for a Stern listener dwells in the double digits.

bru87tr
01-11-2006, 08:37 AM
ok..... and you came up with that how?

lol

I guess daves an idiot cause its a fact he likes howard and did listen to his show before he was busy with his own show.

light 'em up!
01-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I guess daves an idiot cause its a fact he likes howard and did listen to his show before he was busy with his own show.

I doubt he listened with the same interest as the average Stern fan. Dave respects Stern, but his style is so different.

bru87tr
01-11-2006, 06:37 PM
but he likes the show and can respect its entertainment value. just becaue people like stern doesnt mean they are morons. where people get that proof from ?

just a dumb comment is my point.