PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith To Tour With Motley Crue!!!

DLR_EngineRoom
01-09-2006, 04:14 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/motley_crue__aerosmith_co-headlining_tour.html?200601090443

Damn straight, mofos!!!

Another double-header rock n' roll rollercoaster comin' your way in 2006.

Stay tuned...

PHOENIX
01-09-2006, 04:46 PM
This sounds like a grate idea.

Can you imagine all the chicks that will be at these shows?

DLR_EngineRoom
01-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX

ummm

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

:D

Dave's Bitch
01-09-2006, 05:59 PM
omfg Aerosmith and Motley Crue that would be awesome

ALinChainz
01-09-2006, 07:09 PM

Absolutely ... a veritable SMORGAS-BROAD.

Alex Mogilny
01-09-2006, 07:52 PM
you'd have to pay me to go to this show.

Terry
01-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah, Aerosmith and Motley Crue would have been awesome...back in 1989.

DavidLeeNatra
01-09-2006, 08:33 PM
now a bon jovi - village people tour with van hagar as a special guest opening for both would make the year perfect...

BrownSound1
01-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Aerosmith in the late 70's would be cool. Aerosmith today can lick my nutsack....that fuckin' asteroid movie soundtrack was the last straw.

PHOENIX
01-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Aerosmith in the late 70's would be cool. Aerosmith today can lick my nutsack....that fuckin' asteroid movie soundtrack was the last straw.

That Asteroid movie hit song got me laid!:D

jero
01-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
now a bon jovi - village people tour with van hagar as a special guest opening for both would make the year perfect...

make it a festival, with Bronski Beat and Marc Allmond!
Hagar fans will love that

DLR_EngineRoom
01-10-2006, 10:44 AM
oh COME ON !

Now Aerosmith and The Crue are 'gay' and 'mild'????

Please.

Has anyone seen EITHER of these bands LIVE recently???

This ain't Def Leppard or Bon Jovi - 2 once metal bands gone wuss.

This is Aerosmith and Crue.

Both STILL kickass live.

Sure, Aerosmith has that satanic song about not wanting to miss something or other, whatever anyways....

They STILL kickass, for those that are NOT on the Hatoraid Bandwagon...

Crue has 2 suckass songs in their set nowadays - On With The Show and Glitter. Oh yeah, and then there's Tommy Lee's butchered dru;m solo. Aside from that, all 4 members kickass. Period.

So stop whining and buy your tix.

NATEDOG001976
01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
oh COME ON !

Now Aerosmith and The Crue are 'gay' and 'mild'????

Please.

Has anyone seen EITHER of these bands LIVE recently???

This ain't Def Leppard or Bon Jovi - 2 once metal bands gone wuss.

Thank You, no kidding, great show...I'm there!!!

This is Aerosmith and Crue.

Both STILL kickass live.

Sure, Aerosmith has that satanic song about not wanting to miss something or other, whatever anyways....

They STILL kickass, for those that are NOT on the Hatoraid Bandwagon...

Crue has 2 suckass songs in their set nowadays - On With The Show and Glitter. Oh yeah, and then there's Tommy Lee's butchered dru;m solo. Aside from that, all 4 members kickass. Period.

So stop whining and buy your tix.

NATEDOG001976
01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Hell Ya!

Northern Girl
01-10-2006, 01:53 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen either of these bands. Bump this up again when you get some dates. :D

Hardrock69
01-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I finally saw Aerosmith in 1999 for the first time.

I was so bored I could not wait to leave.

They are almost as unexciting as ZZ Top is these days.

Last time I saw Motley was Kansas City in 1989.

Since I have been here in Gnashville, Aerosmith has played here several times (once with Kiss), and Motley has been here once.

I was EXTREMELY enthusiastic about the fact that I got to miss the shows.

I revelled in the fact that while they were playing at the Ampthitheater, I was home having much more fun doing nothing than I would have if I were wasting my valuable time and money being bored out of my skull watching their pathetic attempt at "performing".

It would have been more entertaining to see Aerosmith in the late 70s.

Everyone I have ever met who saw them in the 70s all said the same thing: Either Steven Tyler or Joe Perry (or both) were so fucked up they fell either off the stage, or into the drum kit knocking it over.

At least I would have witnessed some grate Rock Comedy if I had seen them then.

Steve Savicki
01-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Yes, but is the music as integral as it can be considering how long they've played the game and the fact that maybe all of their original tunes are used up?

What was the last good album they had?

DLR_EngineRoom
01-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
It would have been more entertaining to see Aerosmith in the late 70s.

Everyone I have ever met who saw them in the 70s all said the same thing: Either Steven Tyler or Joe Perry (or both) were so fucked up they fell either off the stage, or into the drum kit knocking it over.

At least I would have witnessed some grate Rock Comedy if I had seen them then.

yeah, you're right. It's always much cooler to watch someone drunk or stoned. Man, how unfortunate I've been, only seen bands that actually give a shit enough to perform sober. How fun it must have been to watch 'em stumble around, miss chords and play sloppy.

Wait, didn't Eddie Van Halen do that in 2004?

DLR_EngineRoom
01-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
What was the last good album they had?

Last great album they had was 'Just Push Play'. That album kicked ass, Aerosmith style.

Hardrock69
01-10-2006, 05:26 PM
heh....my sister gave that to me for Christmas.

I listened to it once.

It was a waste of my time.

bru87tr
01-10-2006, 05:40 PM
I seen aerosmith not that long ao and they still rock! still sound great. as for the crue ? neil could get into shape a bit so he isnt out of breath but come one.... they can still rock if Mick Mars is playing the shows. isnt he sick or something ? you cant go wrong with any of crues songs.

it wont be to long before these rockers are in rockers. lol :)

I dont know about you but we are not getting any older and they are older than me. 3 more years and I am 40! dang! cant be.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-10-2006, 05:43 PM
I can imagine what the ticket prices will be...

When Poj and I saw KISS and Aerosmith in '03, we paid 115.00 for seats that weren't even on the floor....

DavidLeeNatra
01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
saw aeroshit around 1990 together with poison and whitesnake (vai-version) and poison blew aeroshit from the stage...they were so shitty...and when I see the crue vids from live aid or last tour...dunno...but I cunt say what's worse...their looks or their playing....

twonabomber
01-10-2006, 07:03 PM

oh, yeah...they'll all be 40 years old, fat, and squeezed into their old stonewashed jeans.

no thank you!

DavidLeeNatra
01-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
oh, yeah...they'll all be 40 years old, fat, and squeezed into their old stonewashed jeans.

no thank you! :lol:

frets5150
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by bru87tr
I dont know about you but we are not getting any older and they are older than me. 3 more years and I am 40! dang! cant be.

HUH? :D

Terry
01-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Last time I saw Aerosmith was in 1988.

Guns and Roses opened up for them, and blew them off the fucking stage. Those guys were just fucking primed, blasting Appetite live. Aerosmith came on playing shit like Angel, and Dude Looks Like A Lady inbetween all the classic hits, and it was kind of a letdown.

Only other time I saw the Smith was in 1985 before they cleaned up. Tyler was drunk, Perry looked fucked up, and the band wasn't quite as rehearsed as they are nowadays (the half-dozen or so times I've seen them play live on tv since 1987 showed that these guys have their shit together live far as playing goes)...but the show was great. The band were in the stages of trying to make a comeback (pre RUNDMC Walk This Way bullshit), but hadn't quite cleaned up yet, and it reeked if an authenticity that the band just no longer has. Something about Joe Perry hawking his hot-sauce on Emeril's show and those power ballads from 1987 onward just made that band moot for me.

...I dunno. If you really wanna see Aerosmith play live, pick up a copy of Aerosmith's video scrapbook. An old VHS tape from 1987 or so, chock full of live classics from the 1970s. You know, back when Aerosmith were a fucked-up ROCK band, as opposed to the corporate nostalgia machine they've turned into.

But if you still dig those bands, it will be a killer lineup.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-11-2006, 12:01 PM
All opinions are welcome, and heard openly.

However, Aerosmith and Crue still know how to rock, and rock hard.

If you'd rather stay home, great, do so.

I'd advise y'all to see this double-bill lineup if you get the chance.

I've seen 'em both recently, and that's the opinion I'm sticking with.

thome
01-11-2006, 12:28 PM
I'll go, if i wanted what was -like a time machine- into the 70s as far
as there not worth seeing because of what was they were..?

Id also like to be 22 again or never leave the house. Its about a night out and may be a fun time .

What we need is younger bands that ROCK to got some air time and
money instead of shelved by greedy producers and Media co.Who
see brittney and those drum machine Do it in the Mix, Black or White
Hacks, as the msot money makeing tours of 2005.
How pitifull the scene is is to horrible to describe.Yes ?No ?

Alex Mogilny
01-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber

no thank you!

You mean acid wash don't you?

FORD
01-11-2006, 03:14 PM
AeroShit hasn't made a decent album since "Done With Mirrors" and Motley Crue has exactly 3 decent albums, the first two and Dr. Feelgood.

Are they gonna pull a KISS and have the roadie stand in for Mick "walking corpse" Mars?

DLR_EngineRoom
01-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
AeroShit hasn't made a decent album since "Done With Mirrors" and Motley Crue has exactly 3 decent albums, the first two and Dr. Feelgood.

Are they gonna pull a KISS and have the roadie stand in for Mick "walking corpse" Mars?

???

Theatre Of Pain was an amazing metal album. Not one weak track.

It only had one slow song - Home Sweet Home, which is still amazing, IMO. If you've only heard 'Smokin In The Boys Room' and 'Home Sweet Home', I'd strongly advise you to give 'er a listen. It's my fave Crue album.

And making fun of Mick Mars because of the sad disease 'Ankylosing Spondylitis' that he has? He's sick with a disease and he wants to continue playing and you think that's funny??

Come on, that's low.

VonHalen
01-14-2006, 07:28 PM
may have to check that show out

DrMaddVibe
01-14-2006, 09:21 PM
I got the "Carnival of Sins" dvd for Christmas from a bro and it fucking kicks major ass.

Don't diss the Crue.

They're giving fans what they want.

Don't diss Kiss.

They're giving fans what they want.

Don't diss on Aerosmith.

They're giving fans what they want...

LIVE SHOWS!