• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Lars talks Nirvana

LARS ON KURT
    From the latest issue of NME Magazine. Lars Ulrich: "In 1991 there was a kind of shift in rock music in America - it was shifting away from all the hair bands in LA. And with Kurt Cobain you felt you were connecting to the real person, not to a perception of who he was - you were not connecting to an image or a manufactured cut-out. You felt that between you and him there was nothing; it was heart-to-heart. There are very few people who have that ability.
    "I never met him but our guitarist Kirk Hammett had a relationship with him. We were doing this tour with Guns N' Roses in the US in 1992 and we wanted Nirvana to come out and join us. Kirk asked Kurt, but while Cobain said he would play with Metallica anywhere in the world, at any time, on any stage, he would not step up on the same stage as Guns N' Roses - obviously he felt that Axl was the antithesis to what he was.

"As I said, I never met Kurt, and he's probably the only guy in rock'n'roll that I have never met that I really wanted to - other than Bon Scott maybe. What a sad thing we can't hear the fourth Nirvana album. It would have been so great to be able to see how that would have evolved."
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

I guess Dave Grohl doesnt feel the same way about GnR. He attended a private show that Velvet Revolver did last may. Where Slash and friends played a cover of Negative Creep.

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I think the animosity was toward Axl, not the others.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kurt didn't have much use for bigotry of any kind. That GNR song "One In A Million" could pass for a KKK national anthem, so that probably had something to do with it.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PHOENIX
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Kurt didn't have much use for bigotry of any kind. That GNR song "One In A Million" could pass for a KKK national anthem, so that probably had something to do with it.
          Ya but what Axl sings about in that song has come across everybody's mind at one time or another.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX
            Ya but what Axl sings about in that song has come across everybody's mind at one time or another.
            And the town where Kurt grew up (Aberdeen) was full of them. That's another reason why he hated bigots.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Golden AWe
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Re: Lars talks Nirvana

LARS ON KURT
              our guitarist Kirk Hammett had a relationship with him
              Considering Hammett and his gay style, this sentence sounds like they slept together
              Originally posted by Cato
              Golden, why are you FAT?
              Originally posted by lesfunk
              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• David Van Via
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

Yeah Kurt did not like Axl at all. There was one time when where NIRVANA and G'n'R where playing at the same festival and Axl told Kurt, "tell your bitch to shut up". Kurt simply replied "Shut up bitch".
                Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• Golden AWe
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Re: Lars talks Nirvana

What a sad thing we can't hear the fourth Nirvana album. It would have been so great to be able to see how that would have evolved."

Bleach, Nevermind, Incesticide, In Utero...isn't that four studio albums?:confused:
                  Originally posted by Cato
                  Golden, why are you FAT?
                  Originally posted by lesfunk
                  Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                  http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

I guess Dave Grohl doesnt feel the same way about GnR. He attended a private show that Velvet Revolver did last may. Where Slash and friends played a cover of Negative Creep.
                    Nobody ever had a problem with The BAND of G 'n' R, it was AXL that no one could stand.
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• DLRismydad
                      Groupie
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by David Van Via
                      Yeah Kurt did not like Axl at all. There was one time when where NIRVANA and G'n'R where playing at the same festival and Axl told Kurt, "tell your bitch to shut up". Kurt simply replied "Shut up bitch".
                      Actually that incident took place at the 1992 mtv video awards whn Kurt and Courteney got in a confrontation with Axl and his then girlfriend Stephanie Seymour.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Maybe not "everyone"......but you're right.

Comment

• DLRismydad
                          Groupie
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                          Bleach, Nevermind, Incesticide, In Utero...isn't that four studio albums?:confused:
                          Incesticide was made up of unreleased tracks an b-sides. I don't think there was any brand new material on it so I guess that means it doesn't count

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            You should replay the song and explain what part of that something is that you mean?

Comment

• tobinentinc
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2004

I don't about all of you, but I really think Nirvana is overrated. If Cobain wouldn't have killed himself, the band would have faded like Pearl Jam and all of the other Grunge bands. He's given a little too much credit.
                              http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

Working...