PDA

View Full Version : Dave's got "One Foot Out The Door"

bryguy2524
01-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Roth seems unwillingly to dive DEEP into a topic. It's like he's just waiting until he can "PUNCH OUT" for the day. Whatever happened to that CONVICTION,FIRE, and PASSION we are all so accustom to hearing on those Van Halen records? Every word you savor! On radio, there's nothing powerful behind his words, thus making it boring radio. NPR is better than this!

ALinChainz
01-10-2006, 02:16 AM
Posted this then signed off huh?

:rolleyes:

NATEDOG001976
01-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by bryguy2524
Roth seems unwillingly to dive DEEP into a topic. It's like he's just waiting until he can "PUNCH OUT" for the day. Whatever happened to that CONVICTION,FIRE, and PASSION we are all so accustom to hearing on those Van Halen records? Every word you savor! On radio, there's nothing powerful behind his words, thus making it boring radio. NPR is better than this!

Go Play Mike Tyson's punch out then! The show rocks....

DavidLeeBroth
01-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Posted this then signed off huh?

:rolleyes:

Yeah... what an asshole! User's should be forced to stay logged on for at least five hours after every post. :rolleyes:

bantonelli
01-10-2006, 10:06 AM

You're from the Bay Area, my original neck of the woods?

You're a disgrace....Bay ADIOS!

Jimmy Jingles
01-10-2006, 11:08 AM

Please dive DEEP into your uncle's anus and eat SHIT you cockless FAGGY.

bueno bob
01-10-2006, 11:29 AM

Well, it's a new show - remember, even Howard Stern sucked dick when he first started out, it's going to take some time for it to be a smooth feed. In the meantime, you're not being forced to listen, so...what's the complaint?

light 'em up!
01-10-2006, 11:38 AM
All of the posts regarding negative press for Dave's new show are mostly coming from new army recruits.... obviously disgruntled Spam and VH fans.

They hate that Dave's on the radio Monday - Friday. I love it!

Dirty Duck
01-10-2006, 11:58 AM

Being on stage and on the radio are two different situations brother.

He's also 52 years old..and this aint' 1985...

He just started....christ.

bryguy2524
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I didn't say the show couldn't get better!

Jurak
01-10-2006, 08:50 PM
the show is already better, did you listen to today's?

fuckin funny and entertaining, good playing by brian young, this show is getting a good feel to it...and will definetly get wayyyyy better.... :D
if it's already this much better and it's only been a week, what's it gonna be like in a few months....

Sammy Who??
01-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Roth seems unwillingly to dive DEEP into a topic. It\'s like he\'s just waiting until he can \"PUNCH OUT\" for the day. Whatever happened to that CONVICTION,FIRE, and PASSION we are all so accustom to hearing on those Van Halen records? Every word you savor! On radio, there\'s nothing powerful behind his words, thus making it boring radio. NPR is better than this!

You\'re a fucking scumbag!

Polk High
01-11-2006, 12:20 AM
when is he going to have a guest?

Polk High
01-11-2006, 12:23 AM
other than his uncle. I personally like the show, but I've only had the opportunity to listen a few times and I must say he has used a lot of the same material over and over again.

One other critique is that if someone else makes a joke and its a funny one, its ok if dave just laughs. I've noticed a few occasions where one of the girls makes a joke on a topic they are discussing and roth will make another joke right after it to try to get the same response even though he is really just repeating the previous joke.
Does anyone else agree w/ this?

Other than that I love the show, I'll listen to the whole thing tom. I love the internet

rustoffa
01-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Polk High
other than his uncle.

Did you know he has an aunt with boobs' for eyes? No shit man, that lady lactates' boundary-pushin' smackdown like you (or others) ain't never scene!

I'm starting to wonder if that's why they invented the big foamy things' on the end of microphones!

It ain't foam.....it's sponge!!!

These lying, motherfucking broadcasting svengali's are takin' us all for a ride!!!!

We're all cuntcerned about DLR's ratings, while motherfucking aqua-lungless geek sponge divers' are dying!!!!

:(

bueno bob
01-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I didn't say the show couldn't get better!

No, you just joined the forums and then started a thread bitching about how much the show "sucked" and offered nothing in the way of positives, feedback or ideas, nor did you emphasize that you thought the show had any potential hope for the future - which you claimed to right here.

And if you think the show can get better, then what is your fucking point and why are you complaining?

Still waiting for an answer on that, dipshit. :rolleyes:

audiospectrum
01-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Touchy touchy people. Let him have his opinion. No big ting.

grimus
01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
the show is picking up steam give the guy a chance

bryguy2524
01-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
No, you just joined the forums and then started a thread bitching about how much the show "sucked" and offered nothing in the way of positives, feedback or ideas, nor did you emphasize that you thought the show had any potential hope for the future - which you claimed to right here.

And if you think the show can get better, then what is your fucking point and why are you complaining?

Still waiting for an answer on that, dipshit. :rolleyes:

Dave's putting on a "mask" every time he aproaches the mike. He's not his authentic self on the air. He has to decide if he wants to open up or not. Unfortunately it sounds like he's going to have to open up if he wants to stay on the air. Carolla's been getting rave reviews thus far. Again, it's early, things can change.

But, you gotta ask yourself, Where's "DIAMOND DAVE"?

blonddgirl777
01-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Dave's putting on a "mask" every time he aproaches the mike. He's not his authentic self on the air. He has to decide if he wants to open up or not. Unfortunately it sounds like he's going to have to open up if he wants to stay on the air. Carolla's been getting rave reviews thus far. Again, it's early, things can change.

But, you gotta ask yourself, Where's "DIAMOND DAVE"?

Dave doesn't have to be authentic...
This is a show!

Although I, personnaly would prefer him to take a stand more often and open up... for sure!
I was always a great fan (as all of us HERE) but for a lot of other Americans, "Diamond Dave" means nothing.

I lived 8 years in California (7 in Oaktown) and trust me... it is very "west coast" to;
ALWAYS be happy, agreable, pleasing, funny, P.C. etc...
Dave is soooo California, you can smell the sun through the net!

As for:"Where is Diamond Dave"?
Well... we all change (in many ways) as we get older...

The Diamond still shines... just differently!

The importance is to NOT compare Dave's style with Howard Stern's east coast attitude...