PDA

View Full Version : MTV says David Lee Roth is a loser

Bored
01-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Shame, back in the 80's they couldnt get enough of him. Well that and parachute pants...

Stern On Satellite: As Fans Scramble For Equipment, We Rate The Winners And Losers

Winners:

Stern: He's got the money, the listeners, the intense media heat and — for the first time in decades — he's got the FCC off his back.

Sirius: The #2 satellite company has experienced explosive growth and reams of press surrounding Stern's debut.

Infinity: Sure, much of the press has been bad, but clearly many millions of Stern fans haven't migrated to Sirius, which means Infinity can try to win them back with their FreeFM talk/music format. "If three weeks from now, millions of people are complaining that these guys are terrible, that means millions of people are listening," said Talkers magazine publisher Michael Harrison. "The goal is not to have them say they're good, but to have them listen."

Sirius product manufacturers and retailers: Though a Pioneer spokesperson wouldn't comment (the company makes both XM and Sirius gear), manufacturers including Alpine and retailers such as Best Buy and RadioShack are pleased with the empty shelves and high demand.

Adam Carolla: He's got the guests, the bits and the quick wit that will remind folks of Stern, plus he'd already proven himself as a radio host on the long-running advice show "Loveline." "He has the most natural instincts," said Talkers publisher Harrison.

Losers

Procrastinators: With Sirius gear hard to find, some hard core Stern fans will either have to wait to get on line or pay through the nose on sites like eBay.

Stern: For the time being, he seemingly has it all, but he's also got a potential audience that's a mere fraction of his former 16 million listeners. And without the FCC to complain about, will he run out of the righteous indignation that has fueled him for the past 20 years?

David Lee Roth: "It's very early and the shows haven't developed into what they will become, but all the radio people I've talked to have said Roth is a disaster so far," said Steven Strick, rock formats editor for Radio & Records magazine — who admits that he hasn't heard Roth's show himself. Strick said the real problem is that it's impossible to replace Stern, and though Roth could turn things around, Carolla has the best chance to succeed. Tom Taylor, editor of the trade journal Inside Radio (which is owned by Infinity rival Clear Channel), said Roth still needs to "figure out who he is. We know he's a singer, but he needs to explore his radio talent and that's hard to do in front of the biggest audience in the country."

Rover: The headline in The Detroit News last week was, "Stern Replacement Rover Practically Plays Dead In Local Debut". The little known Cleveland morning host, who was tapped to play in five Midwest markets, has a conservative bent, no big name guests so far, a predictable menagerie of "wacky" sidekicks and little original comedic material. It's the same "Morning Zoo" format you can find up and down the dial across the country.

Former Stern listeners: Unless they want to invest in equipment and shell out another $150 a year for a subscription, listeners have to find a new morning fix.

— Gil Kaufman

entire article can be found here
I want my MTV (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1520491/20060110/index.jhtml?headlines=true)

fuckhowardstern
01-11-2006, 10:04 PM
snore....zzzzzzzzzzz

Terry
01-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Fuck MTV.

Regardless if the netwrok praises or trashes Dave, just fuck 'em.

Haven't had any use for that channel in over a decade.

jhale667
01-11-2006, 10:12 PM

Va Beach VH Fan
01-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Humorous...

This coming from a network that shot it's wad in 1984....

LoungeMachine
01-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Which is more gay?

Watching MTV anytime after 1990 ?

or

Logging on to their website, and searching for "news" ?

Tell us Bored, who was on TRL today?

Bob_R
01-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Fuck MTV.

Regardless if the netwrok praises or trashes Dave, just fuck 'em.

Haven't had any use for that channel in over a decade.

Exactly. MTV sucks!

Diamondjimi
01-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Humorous...

This coming from a network that shot it's wad in 1984....

LMFAO !!! :D :D :D

MTV BLOWS WHALE COCK !!!!!!

Coyote
01-12-2006, 02:06 AM
MTV News? Two completely uncompatible wor(l)ds

Wawazat
01-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Bored
cut&paste job

what΄s next horoscopes :rolleyes:

Golden AWe
01-12-2006, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Which is more gay?

Watching MTV anytime after 1990 ?

or

Logging on to their website, and searching for "news" ?

Tell us Bored, who was on TRL today?

uuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

jero
01-12-2006, 05:20 AM
Dave made MTV!

blonddgirl777
01-12-2006, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by jero
Dave made MTV!

Exactly, exactly...
VH made THE greatest contribution to MTV's beginings...

Now... watching what's on there...
It's no longer about talent or music anymore, it's about... who fuck'n cares?

Nickdfresh
01-12-2006, 06:09 AM
BORE-ING was actually searching for pictures of the resident gay guy in the "'Real' World 29: Five-Fisting-Firemen Edition."

DavidLeeNatra
01-12-2006, 06:45 AM
...said Steven Strick, rock formats editor for Radio & Records magazine — who admits that he hasn't heard Roth's show himself.

wow...that's what I call a reviewer who has done his "homework"!

Unchainme
01-12-2006, 06:57 AM
MTV hasn't been good since 1996.When they Cancelled Head Bangers ball, The Network should've been closed for good when that happened. Let me ask you, When was the last time you flipped on MTV and saw a Band that wasn't Hip-Pop, Bubblegum, or Emo, Exactly and when was the ast time you've auctually seen a full length video on MTV? Exactly never. The Point is MTV is like a kid who didn't have try to be from 1981-1996, Then from like 1997 on it tried to hard, and No one watches it anymore.

Bottomline: Could Give a Flying fuck what MTV thinks, And I have fucking hate their guts since 1996.

NATEDOG001976
01-12-2006, 10:37 AM
MTV who? I thought they were off the Air like in 1992?

DLR_EngineRoom
01-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Shame, back in the 80's they couldnt get enough of him. Well that and parachute pants...

I want my MTV (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1520491/20060110/index.jhtml?headlines=true)

pffft....B.F.D....

MTV hasn't had anything interesting to say or show since 1991....

MTV - Has Beens
Roth - Still Relevant

Defense rests, your honour.
No further questions.
Case dismissed.

NATEDOG001976
01-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
pffft....B.F.D....

MTV hasn't had anything interesting to say or show since 1991....

MTV - Has Beens
Roth - Still Relevant

Defense rests, your honour.
No further questions.
Case dismissed.

Jury is in. Roth wins!

DLR_EngineRoom
01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Jury is in. Roth wins!

Great! What say we go for a victory beer, Nate? This round's on me...

Jimmy Jingles
01-12-2006, 11:49 AM

Here's a new headline for you...

ROTH ARMY SAYS BORED IS A LIMP WRISTED ATTENTION WHORE.

Now fuck off ass cream.

bru87tr
01-12-2006, 02:30 PM
MTV ? lol

the same channel that plays nothing but rap ? most of the time rap is lucky to get on that channel. its anything but music and the name should be changed.

MTV once the biggest channel in the US is not even the sliver of the former self it once was when the name meant something.

Unchainme
01-12-2006, 02:59 PM
MTV? The network thats constantly telling me that Avril Lavigne is Punk?, That Nickleback is Rock? That 50 cent is MUSIC? The fact of the matter has been a joke ever since 1996. When they intorduced The Backass boys, That ruined the channel and Turned it into Van Hagar.

http://www.jumptheshark.com/

Look up MTV on there, Every review says something Negative about the channel. THE CHANNEL IS A FUCKING JOKE.

Unchainme
01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
David Lee Roth: "It's very early and the shows haven't developed into what they will become, but all the radio people I've talked to have said Roth is a disaster so far," said Steven Strick, rock formats editor for Radio & Records magazine — who admits that he hasn't heard Roth's show himself. Strick said the real problem is that it's impossible to replace Stern, and though Roth could turn things around, Carolla has the best chance to succeed. Tom Taylor, editor of the trade journal Inside Radio (which is owned by Infinity rival Clear Channel), said Roth still needs to "figure out who he is. We know he's a singer, but he needs to explore his radio talent and that's hard to do in front of the biggest audience in the country."

LOL, The guy HASN'T EVEN LISTENED TO HIM YET! What a joke. GO FUCK YOURSELF BORED

Bill Lumbergh
01-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
MTV? The network thats constantly telling me that Avril Lavigne is Punk?, That Nickleback is Rock? That 50 cent is MUSIC? The fact of the matter has been a joke ever since 1996. When they intorduced The Backass boys, That ruined the channel and Turned it into Van Hagar.

http://www.jumptheshark.com/

Look up MTV on there, Every review says something Negative about the channel. THE CHANNEL IS A FUCKING JOKE.

So Gwen Stefani ISNT the most talented songwriter on the planet?!

Unchainme
01-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
So Gwen Stefani ISNT the most talented songwriter on the planet?!

She was grate when she didn't try to be gangsta. I auctually liked her with No Doubt, That is when she had talent and looked hot. The band sounded like a Cool New Wave band, Now she's trying to be from the hood and SHE'S FROM FUCKING ORANGE COUNTY!

Matt White
01-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
She was grate when she didn't try to be gangsta. I auctually liked her with No Doubt, That is when she had talent and looked hot. The band sounded like a Cool New Wave band, Now she's trying to be from the hood and SHE'S FROM FUCKING ORANGE COUNTY!

Uhhhh...I think BILL was kidding........

thome
01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Lots of these Dave bashers seem to be the People who can't get a piece of the Action...

Go Dave..

Unchainme
01-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

yeah I know, Just had to give my opinion of her, I hate her guts right now.

Bill Lumbergh
01-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

:D Gee, how'd ya know Matt?

Matt White
01-12-2006, 03:35 PM
It's the LONG-HAIR psychic connection....

NO DOUBT=11 year old girl music.........

NO TALENT

A chick that sounds like Betty Boop & is an Olive Oil clone.......

Now....THAT'S HOT!!!

Bill Lumbergh
01-12-2006, 03:40 PM
HOLLABACK GIRL ROCKS! Can't tit fuck her though..........

Unchainme
01-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
HOLLABACK GIRL ROCKS! Can't tit fuck her though..........

LOL, God Lord what have I started.

Jimmy Jingles
01-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Can't tit fuck her true enough, but I would still pump that ass...

http://www.deansplanet.com/images/celebs/broads/gwen_stefani/gwen_stefani-ass.jpg

:D

jhale667
01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Tit-fucking's kinda boring once you've tried it a few times ANYWAY, isn't it? :)

(I'm betting if there's carpet, it doesn't match the drapes...mmmm)

Jimmy Jingles
01-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Tit-fucking's kinda boring once you've tried it a few times ANYWAY, isn't it? :)

If it ends with a nice 6 stringer to her face...then no...it's not boring.

Plexi Head
01-12-2006, 08:35 PM

I want my MTV (http://www.mtv.com/news/arties/1520491/20060110/index.jhtml?headlines=true)

The key line in that article is the fact that the author admits to not actually listening to the show. BORED, if you are just trying to keep all here informed at least post reviews by reviewers who actually listen to the item they are reviewing. Otherwise you are wasting your own time and all who read your posts.

The actual psychology of your posts has to be questioned because you seem to be taking great delight in the negativity of the reviews. People who find pleasure in negativity normally have personality flaws to varying degrees. Something for your sorry ass to ponder.

The fact is that all critics have normally hated Van Halen and Roth. Back in the 70's (yes Halen are a 70's band not an 80's band) So what has changed? I'm sure Roth don't give a fuck and I sure don't. If it were John Bon Jovi the critics would be lapping it up because they no doubt would like to suck Johns cock, latent homos basically.

Shit, Rolling Stone hated Led Zep, BORED, you are a tool for placing any credence on what a critic has to say, especially some opinionated fuck who admits to not actually listened.

This is like me assuming you are a fucking cock, even though I have never met you, but I would not be so lame.

Jurak
01-12-2006, 08:37 PM
I'd say that's a fairly reasonable assumption........ :D

jhale667
01-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
If it ends with a nice 6 stringer to her face...then no...it's not boring.

LOL Hey, whatever you're into... :p

Thorman
01-12-2006, 10:44 PM
That is exactly what I have been saying!! DLR = WUL

BAM

Polk High
01-13-2006, 07:19 AM
yeah it appears that the jackass that wrote it hasn't even listened to dave but rather will agree w/ howard no matter what he says

Golden AWe
01-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by jhale667

your pics are lame.

ronald mcdonald isn't funnee in any way.

Hecubus
01-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Not quite sure why MTV has any 'cred' these days anyway...they lost me when they canceled "Remote Control"

AJW
01-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Fuck MTV. No it's eMpTy tV. It's a channel that was meant for music vidoes and hasn't been the same since the late 80's. They were the creator of the monster that is reality TV. GOD I hate it. I can't believe that channel is still on the air. Just goes to show you what youth today thinks is good shit. Youth today wouldn't know good shit if they stepped in it. Fuck' um all.

ppg960
01-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Exactly Jero!
VH and bands of that era built MTV! The network owes all their goodness and greatness to VH, Maiden, Preist, Scorpions and others. Roth has got balls to even try this!
So far I think he has done well. The first day was slow but it has picked-up.
Who gives a shit what the media types think. They trash anyone who is a target for them.