PDA

View Full Version : Disaster Dave: Roth’s radio debut is a morning-drive Hindenburg

Bored
01-12-2006, 09:07 AM
So before we get into another bad review I need to clear some things up. These personal attacks against me for reporting the news are pretty lame. Here I am bringing you the news, to do with whatever you want and you rip me? I am set up to receive any and all DLR news reports through Yahoo. I get emailed any article that has his name in it. This is whats been coming through. You dont like it? Fine. Email, write a letter or draw in finger paints a complaint to the source of the article. It is always provided.

Disaster Dave: Roth’s radio debut is a morning-drive Hindenburg

By John Gorman

MIGHT AS WELL JUMP David Lee Roth.
DAVID LEE ROTH? It makes you ponder how out of touch the CBS Radio chieftains are for even considering him as a Howard Stern morning-drive replacement. Here’s the guy who was dismissed from Van Halen; had a solo career that produced “Yankee Rose,” a song whose rotation belongs only in Hell, and a 14-piece revue that got canned after a week’s run at Bally’s in Las Vegas. Maybe the CBS brass believed Roth had a coolness factor for getting busted in Washington Square for trying to buy ganja from an undercover cop.
Roth, whose show debuted a week and a half ago, opened his debut show with a pre-recorded sultry-sounding female saying, “Welcome to David Lee Roth. Prepare to feel filthy, ashamed and completely alive.” It should’ve ended there. Roth introduced himself by saying, “Where do you start out a gig like this?” That led to a puerile discussion with his unidentified sidekicks on the best food to eat for a hangover.
Roth bragged about learning how to fly a helicopter and his emergency medical technician training (though I doubt he’ll resuscitate CBS Radio with this show). He acknowledged his predecessor by saying, “Howard Stern has gone off into the front edge of American culture,” whatever that means. The show bottomed out when Roth introduced his uncle, Manny Roth, who spent the rest of the show talking about his military duty and running a Greenwich Village folk club in the early ’60s.
Roth was not the expected flamboyant, testosterone-charged Diamond Dave of his Van Halen days, when he the epitome of a contemptuous rock star. What we heard was an ego-deflated, 51-year old has-been rock star who alluded to his best days being behind him and said not one word about his future. This show gives flops a bad name.
Roth showed no improvement in days two, three or four, and by his fifth show — and his first opposite Howard Stern’s Sirius satellite debut — he resorted to telling ten-year-old jokes about George Michael and whining about being replaced by Sammy Hagar in Van Halen. Let it go, David. Let it go. Roth did prove that sometimes first impressions are accurate.
In some parts of the country, CBS replaced Stern with unfunny comedian Adam Corolla or former WXTM morning host Rover, who now broadcasts his morning show from Chicago. Corolla delivers a poor imitation of a dated “Morning Zoo,” and by his second show, was taking predictable potshots at lesbians and Mexicans. Original. Rover’s material was so flat that he better play the “cat tethered by helium balloons flying over Chicago” card soon.
Howard, on the other hand, free of the shackles of terrestrial radio, fulfilled all expectations. Following a few minutes of technical difficulties, he recovered with a reinvigorated energy without having to worry about the FCC fining him for adult material and language.
He played unedited excerpts of the lecherous voice mail messages that Access Hollywood co-host Pat O’Brien left on a woman’s voice mail last year, a few prank phone calls, and a Dave Letterman imitator describing his sexual fantasies.
Stern introduced actor George Takei as one of his new announcers. Takei, who played Sulu on the original Star Trek TV show, made news recently for admitting to a long-term relationship with another man. Stern also introduced former Playboy bunny Heidi Cortez, who hosts a nighttime phone-sex show on Howard 100, one of the two Sirius channels he oversees. He also admitted that an item in the New York Post’s Page Six column reporting his marriage in Mexico to model girlfriend Beth Ostrosky was false.
For those who feel Howard’s material is too risqué, I suggest eavesdropping on some of the conversations at middle schools these days.
Prior to Howard’s official debut on Monday, he and his wack pack did two unscripted “soundcheck” shows on Sirius to familiarize themselves with the new facilities. One secret to Stern’s success is surrounding himself with a creative team, paying them well and, though he’s clearly in charge, allowing them to actively participate in the show.
If Roth, Carolla and Rover proved anything, it’s that they’re not going to replace Howard Stern.

bantonelli
01-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey Bored, stop trying to take up space on this site, you idiot! Bored, you definitely are. I give you credit for your name also being descriptive of your nature.

WHAT THE FCUK is your POINT ? I think it's simply to change your current status from Groupie to the next level....what do ya think? Am I right or am I right?

Go find Spammy's site and wait for your terrestrial family to come and take you and Spam! Happy travels.

Wawazat
01-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Bored
So before we get into another bad review I need to clear some things up. These personal attacks against me for reporting the news are pretty lame. Here I am bringing you the news, to do with whatever you want and you rip me? I am set up to receive any and all DLR news reports through Yahoo. I get emailed any article that has his name in it. This is whats been coming through. You dont like it? Fine. Email, write a letter or draw in finger paints a complaint to the source of the article. It is always provided.

you make backups of your emails here :confused:

Bored
01-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Hey Bored, stop trying to take up space on this site, you idiot! Bored, you definitely are. I give you credit for your name also being descriptive of your nature.

WHAT THE FCUK is your POINT ? I think it's simply to change your current status from Groupie to the next level....what do ya think? Am I right or am I right?

Go find Spammy's site and wait for your terrestrial family to come and take you and Spam! Happy travels.

Reread post above. It answers all your questions. Maybe read slowly this time.

Bored
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Wawazat
you make backups of your emails here :confused:

nope. just providing a service. So that we, as a mighty army, can band together to flood these "news" sites with our righteous rage!

DavidLeeNatra
01-12-2006, 09:42 AM
lol...that review was funny...dave banged this guy's chick, I guess... :D

Hardrock69
01-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Reread post above. It answers all your questions. Maybe read slowly this time.

No it does not.

You dont like it? Fine. Email, write a letter or draw in finger paints a complaint to the source of the article. It is always provided.

Where? I don't see any "source".

thome
01-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I can tell by this article, all i thought is true. Sterns move was wrong
and he is grasping at straws . Stern is done and satellite has been
set back years.
He will be back on FM or to his horror he will never be Heard.....

I am impressed that stern has a Phone sex show on with a girl talking to
pre adolescent males who can't even afford Satt fees.Stupid pay radio move.

12 yrs old is about the age phone sex lines become boring, so Why.

Oh ,I remember the shut-ins who live at home with their mommy
and need howard to to totttt t t t bbbb talk to girls for them 80% of HS demographic.

No body anywhere has mentioned the Great and mysterious Penn
gillette a major Lib whos show will be primarily composed of
Bush stepped on my pee pee whaa whaa ....

I'll mention him he would be a non-existent echo of a human being
if not for -Teller- the actual boss, creator and majician In the act.
Penn is Tellers pupett ,Charlie McCarthy a wooden man who
without teller would be so much paper.

Roth On!

bantonelli
01-12-2006, 10:16 AM
OKAY Bored, then where did you get this article so that someone like myself can talk back to this journalist ?

Where did you get this?

Nickdfresh
01-12-2006, 10:26 AM
How about putting them in the same thread you attention whore? I've no problem with legitimate Roth news, but we don't need a new thread when several are all ready spammed here douche bag...

And provide a title, author, and link dickhead...

**Okay, and internet tirade by a "radio cuntsultant" that nobody gives a shit about and doesn't write for a media source. This isn't legitimate news BORING....

This is getting tiresome...

http://www.audiographics.com/agd/s1010506.htm

Just because some self-proclaimed "radio cuntsultant" that writes poorly and has his facts wrong doesn't mean this pasts the smell-test.

thome
01-12-2006, 10:29 AM
P.S. Stern to anyone with a brain must and i mean MUST! understand,
all these writers who say Stern is a man of New York a Voice for
the downtrodden Common Man the poor the Infirmed.Wake Up!

Sterns show is a man takeing the retards and makeing Fun of them
the sick people who on their own or from birth have mental disabilities.

They are not part of the Joke or in on it they are the brunt, the punch
line .If you find makeing fun of mentaly diabled people or immature
kids with purile displays stern is your man and now that he is uncensored it can only get worse.

I will say i liked the last five minutes of the -E- show where the chick
must remove all of her .....Well you know .So I'm no saint either..

Daves Demographic may not work but I hope it catches on .I was
done with Stern type humor at about 14 yrs old .

So what, It's My OP...

jero
01-12-2006, 10:34 AM
And we just don't care

jhale667
01-12-2006, 10:43 AM
These personal attacks against me for reporting the news are pretty lame.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-12-2006, 11:05 AM

What part of SHUDDUP! YOU SUCK! don't you understand?

No offense. Just wondering.

Nickdfresh
01-12-2006, 11:13 AM
This shit should be dumped. Seriously, any jack-off "radio cuntsultant" with a blog doesn't count as genuine thread worthy stuff...

And there is no way BoringGayGuy got this from a "Yahoo News Group."

BTW, this JOHN GORMAN guy is a total coward that won't allow free access to comment on his "blog."

Brett
01-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by thome
P.S. Stern to anyone with a brain must and i mean MUST! understand,
all these writers who say Stern is a man of New York a Voice for
the downtrodden Common Man the poor the Infirmed.Wake Up!

Sterns show is a man takeing the retards and makeing Fun of them
the sick people who on their own or from birth have mental disabilities.

They are not part of the Joke or in on it they are the brunt, the punch
line .If you find makeing fun of mentaly diabled people or immature
kids with purile displays stern is your man and now that he is uncensored it can only get worse.

I will say i liked the last five minutes of the -E- show where the chick
must remove all of her .....Well you know .So I'm no saint either..

Daves Demographic may not work but I hope it catches on .I was
done with Stern type humor at about 14 yrs old .

So what, It's My OP...

Yeah you're into that high brow humor...you know a 51-year old man jerking off Jack Daniels on his audience members.

Come on.

If Dave brought in people like Howard has, you would think it was the funniest thing in the world. And you know it. Don't act like you're above it, because as a Dave fan, he's hardly made a career based on high brow humor. Please.

Jimmy Jingles
01-12-2006, 11:36 AM

I will now resort to personal attacks against you that are pretty lame...

It's quite obvious that you are nothing but a faggy attention whore who has nothing better to do with his time than to report this so-called "news" and yanking your crank to your life-sized Stern blow up doll.

I feel for you because of your mental retardation and your smelly crotch. I can only guess of the turmoil you must go through every single day trying to prove to us all that you matter in this life and that being a gay man-whore is a fulfilling and worthwhile occupation.

When you are elbow deep in some dudes shitbox, who do you think of first...Stern or Spammy?

What turns you on faster...flossing your teeth with your uncle's pubes or licking the back of your boyfriend’s nutsack?

What I am really trying to say here is...FUCK OFF DOO DOO EATER!!!

DavidLeeNatra
01-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Yeah you're into that high brow humor...you know a 51-year old man jerking off Jack Daniels on his audience members.

Come on.

If Dave brought in people like Howard has, you would think it was the funniest thing in the world. And you know it. Don't act like you're above it, because as a Dave fan, he's hardly made a career based on high brow humor. Please.

bretty, I sense some negativity and bitterness in your posts since dave is on the radio... why ?

Bored
01-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
OKAY Bored, then where did you get this article so that someone like myself can talk back to this journalist ?

Where did you get this?

My bad for not posting it. Of course any search engine with the title put inot it would have helped you. Here you go.
http://www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2974

Army unite!

Bored
01-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
I will now resort to personal attacks against you that are pretty lame...

It's quite obvious that you are nothing but a faggy attention whore who has nothing better to do with his time than to report this so-called "news" and yanking your crank to your life-sized Stern blow up doll.

I feel for you because of your mental retardation and your smelly crotch. I can only guess of the turmoil you must go through every single day trying to prove to us all that you matter in this life and that being a gay man-whore is a fulfilling and worthwhile occupation.

When you are elbow deep in some dudes shitbox, who do you think of first...Stern or Spammy?

What turns you on faster...flossing your teeth with your uncle's pubes or licking the back of your boyfriend’s nutsack?

What I am really trying to say here is...FUCK OFF DOO DOO EATER!!!

you assume to much.
1. you assume I am male thee for you assume I must be gay because I dont love everything a guy name David does. Wouldnt that
be gay?

2. You assume I like Howard Stern. Show me where I ever said that.

3. You assume I like Sammy Hagar. Show me where I ever said that.

4. You assume I care.

Matt White
01-12-2006, 02:10 PM
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......"Boring" would have been a more appropriate moniker for you.....

Big Fat Sammy
01-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Not a credible review....

He got his facts wrong in the second sentence.

Bored
01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
How about putting them in the same thread you attention whore? I've no problem with legitimate Roth news, but we don't need a new thread when several are all ready spammed here douche bag...

And provide a title, author, and link dickhead...

**Okay, and internet tirade by a "radio cuntsultant" that nobody gives a shit about and doesn't write for a media source. This isn't legitimate news BORING....

This is getting tiresome...

http://www.audiographics.com/agd/s1010506.htm

Just because some self-proclaimed "radio cuntsultant" that writes poorly and has his facts wrong doesn't mean this pasts the smell-test.

No thanks. I will post a new thread every time. If you dont like it dont read it. It will move oof of the first page quickly. Want to make it move off the first page even quicker? Find something interesting to say. If you cant do that, ask the other guy in your cardboard box for some ideas.

Nickdfresh
01-12-2006, 02:13 PM
you assume to much.
1. you assume I am male thee for you assume I must be gay because I dont love everything a guy name David does. Wouldnt that
be gay?

4. You assume I care.

Well the fact that you dedicated your midday life to bashing a guy you apparently don't like on a board that you hate also lets me know that you're a retarded attention whore that needs a life.

Bored
01-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Well the fact that you dedicated your midday life to bashing a guy you apparently don't like on a board that you hate also lets me know that you're a retarded attention whore that needs a life.

Nice quick edit brainiac.

Nickdfresh
01-12-2006, 02:22 PM
No thanks. I will post a new thread every time. If you dont like it dont read it. It will move oof of the first page quickly. Want to make it move off the first page even quicker? Find something interesting to say. If you cant do that, ask the other guy in your cardboard box for some ideas.

I did say something you thick little bitch. SAID the article you posted was second, no third, rate shit that you must scour the internet to even find. And whether or not I post in it is none of your concern. you're just a shit stirring troll that is indeed a predictable 'bore.' Now please go fuck off....

Bored
01-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I did say something you thick little bitch. SAID the article you posted was second, no third, rate shit that you must scour the internet to even find. And whether or not I post in it is none of your concern. you're just a shit stirring troll that is indeed a predictable 'bore.' Now please go fuck off....

go ahead put the name David Lee Roth in a news search. Okay whats the first result? This article. So no scouring involved, unlike when you try to find that excuse of a penis in your tighty whities. And no I wont fuck off. Im here to stay. get used to it junior.

Jimmy Jingles
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
you assume to much.
be gay?

4. You assume I care.

1. I assume that you are a hermophidite.

2. It is apparent that you worship all that is that shaved Wookie Howard Stern.

3. You're correct. You never said anything about Hagar. I just assumed that you were a Spam fan because of your low IQ and of your hunger for da cock.

4. You do care, otherwise you would not be wasting your time at a website devoted to someone you claim to dislike.

Fudge Nutz.

thome
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
I see your piont -Bored- and you must be, if your last desparate act
for attention is your willing to be riddiculed beaten and cussed
at all in you want for attention.

thome
01-12-2006, 02:39 PM
I see your piont -Bored- and you must be, if your last desparate act
for attention is your willing to be riddiculed beaten and cussed
at all in you want for attention.

Since you are bored, please correct my spelling, as I am Lazy.
Thank You.

jhale667
01-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......"Boring" would have been a more appropriate moniker for you.....

No shit.

Brett
01-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
bretty, I sense some negativity and bitterness in your posts since dave is on the radio... why ?

I just think some of you are real delusional about it, that's all. A little objectivity would be nice, that's all I'm asking.

Matt White
01-12-2006, 04:21 PM
There's 2 sides to that coin....what were the odds that you'd be under-impressed?!?

And say so here......???;)

Brett
01-12-2006, 04:37 PM
I knew I wasn't going to be impressed, you're right. I said before he got on he didn't do much of anything when he was on here for a week. So I had low expectations, but I can't help that, that's the impression he gave here.

I say it everywhere though. I also give Dave credit when he deserves it. I just think he's taking the wrong route so far, the show just is boring unless you love the guy, or you're waiting for him to talk about VH. Needs to start reeling people in, and the best way is to try to connect with the people he's talking to.

audiospectrum
01-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Alright, this is such a load of bullshit. Some of you RothArmy member just get way too sensitive over articles or blogs or whatever that bag Roth. I for one am interested in EVERYTHING that is written about Roth, good, bad and in-between. And if someone bags him, I don't get on his/her case or even worse, resort to patheticly immature responses like:
"I feel for you because of your mental retardation and your smelly crotch. I can only guess of the turmoil you must go through every single day trying to prove to us all that you matter in this life and that being a gay man-whore is a fulfilling and worthwhile occupation.

When you are elbow deep in

audiospectrum
01-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Alright, this is such a load of bullshit. Some of you RothArmy member just get way too sensitive over articles or blogs or whatever that bag Roth. I for one am interested in EVERYTHING that is written about Roth, good, bad and in-between. And if someone bags him, I don't get on his/her case or even worse, resort to patheticly immature responses like:
"I feel for you because of your mental retardation and your smelly crotch. I can only guess of the turmoil you must go through every single day trying to prove to us all that you matter in this life and that being a gay man-whore is a fulfilling and worthwhile occupation.

What turns you on faster...flossing your teeth with your uncle's pubes or licking the back of your boyfriend’s nutsack?"

This just isn't funny, it's stupid defensive tripe. If this guy 'Boring' is going to only supply the RothArmy site with anti-Dave news and reviews, why the fuck does it matter so much??? I enjoy reading them, even though I don't agree with them. I feel you need to take the good with the bad in every aspect in life. You all can't sit on the RothArmy site in your own little bubble reading nothing but glorious pro-Dave articles. And don't get me wrong, I'm so very pro-Dave, always have been, and besides him doing anything out of the ordinary, like child molesting or rape, I'll always be. I just think we all need to settle down, hold off the personal attacks, read 'em, add comments about the article and move on. This guy's just a messenger.

audiospectrum
01-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Oops sorry for the double post, net is slow today, had to re-connect

Matt White
01-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Yup...I can imagine if you listen with a preconceived notion that "Dave is boring" you wouldn't like it........

And touche...those of us who have always thought he was a hysterical character dig the show...

fuckhowardstern
01-12-2006, 05:11 PM
you assume to much.
be gay?

4. You assume I care.

I assume you are an asshole.

fuckhowardstern
01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
I knew I wasn't going to be impressed, you're right. I said before he got on he didn't do much of anything when he was on here for a week. So I had low expectations, but I can't help that, that's the impression he gave here.

I say it everywhere though. I also give Dave credit when he deserves it. I just think he's taking the wrong route so far, the show just is boring unless you love the guy, or you're waiting for him to talk about VH. Needs to start reeling people in, and the best way is to try to connect with the people he's talking to.

"You got a point there.....as a matter of fact you have THREE points there...."

Hardrock69
01-12-2006, 05:22 PM
There is NO DJ ON THE PLANET who has a background like Uncle Dave has.

Rock star, world traveler, explorer, martial artist, helicopter pilot, EMT, etc. etc.

NOBODY can lay claim to the above but Dave.

Anyone with half a brain would be interested in what he has to say, what stories he has to tell, and what kind of outlook on life he has.

It is not necessary for Dave to have a fucking midget lighting his farts while in the midst of two naked lesbians mud-wrestling in a tub of jello on the studio floor while the KKK guy goes on and on on Line 2 about how ******s are the ruination of the human race, because to have sex with a black woman is beastiality.

Howard Stern has no background that could be considered remotely interesting outside of radio.

By his own admission he has a pin-dick, and outside the studio and without a microphone he is a boring and uninteresting goober.

Now if Dave could just step up to the plate with a little insanity on the show, he may satisfy both the intellectuals AND the drunk perverts whose idea of entertainment is to hear Howie ask Milton Berle how long his dick is.

All those who claim that Dave is boring, uninteresting, etc. are just upset because he does not have a constant stream of toilet humor on his show.

Dave is not Howard.

I am glad.

If I want to hear Howard, I WILL get Sirius satellite radio.

However, I am not gonna shell out that kind of money just to listen to a small part of his show each weekday, as by the time I am awake and functional, his show is halfway over anyway.

"Bored" is gonna be the subject of some grate entertainment soon.

The outcome is pre-ordained.

:cool:

jhale667
01-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

"Bored" is gonna be the subject of some grate entertainment soon.

The outcome is pre-ordained.

:cool:

DLR_EngineRoom
01-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by audiospectrum

When you are elbow deep in

Actually I thought the 'smelly crotch' remark was hilarious.
I actually couldn't stop laughing, that's a funny remark to make!

As far as your post goes, if you're a fan or friend of anyone, y'don't go looking for bad news on them.

I can speak for myself and perhaps a few others, that David Lee Roth has provided me with years of musical and comedic joy. His music, with both Van Halen and solo, have gotten me thru a lot of tough times. This is something quite unique, that obviously Sammy Hagar and the 'New Halen' tried to, but couldn't repeat or replace.

If such a humourist and musician has provided anyone with such enlightenment, then why the hell would I search for dirt on him?

If you wouldn't search for dirt on a close friend, then by all classifications you wouldn't search for dirt on your favourite entertainer.

Nickdfresh
01-12-2006, 06:13 PM
go ahead put the name David Lee Roth in a news search. Okay whats the first result? This article. So no scouring involved, unlike when you try to find that excuse of a penis in your tighty whities. And no I wont fuck off. Im here to stay. get used to it junior.

I did a Google search this morning in fact, and the first article was the one I posted form an actual respected newspaper. How does a half-assed blog featuring hyper-critical dolts that make multiple factual errors in their rantings come up in any kind of "news search," skid-mark?

BTW, I don't wear tighty-whities. Too constrictive. Much like your subpar troll intellect.

Diamondjimi
01-12-2006, 06:31 PM

Hey shit pickle , why not try posting a positive review.

Yaaaaaawn.......:smoke2:

DLR_EngineRoom
01-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Hey shit pickle :smoke2:

OK STOP, RITE NOW!

That 'shit pickle' comment is making me cry from laughter and I'm at work.......

needless to say.......ROTFFLMAO!!!!!

jhale667
01-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Same here...fortunately, my co-workers already know I'm insane....:D

Jimmy Jingles
01-12-2006, 07:15 PM

What turns you on faster...flossing your teeth with your uncle's pubes or licking the back of your boyfriend’s nutsack?"

This just isn't funny, it's stupid defensive tripe. If this guy 'Boring' is going to only supply the RothArmy site with anti-Dave news and reviews, why the fuck does it matter so much??? I enjoy reading them, even though I don't agree with them. I feel you need to take the good with the bad in every aspect in life. You all can't sit on the RothArmy site in your own little bubble reading nothing but glorious pro-Dave articles. And don't get me wrong, I'm so very pro-Dave, always have been, and besides him doing anything out of the ordinary, like child molesting or rape, I'll always be. I just think we all need to settle down, hold off the personal attacks, read 'em, add comments about the article and move on. This guy's just a messenger.

I'm sorry; I didn't know that you were Bored's personal cock washer.

I will know turn my childish remarks on you, seeing as how you are a gimpy ass eater who routinely spanks his balls with a crusty OU812 cd case.

I wipe my ass with any negative Dave reviews because all those so-called 'writers' are just jealous of the Diamond one because is has, is and always will be THE MOTHERFUCKING KING!

Now go stick a coat hanger up your rotted ass and fuck off you smelly jizz nugget.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-12-2006, 07:38 PM
I feel for you because of your mental retardation and your smelly crotch.

Originally posted by diamondjimi
Hey shit pickle , why not try posting a positive review. smoke2:

you smelly jizz nugget.

OK THAT'S IT! I'M LEAVING WORK FOR THE DAY! I CANNOT TAKE THIS FRICKIN' HILARIOUS ATTACK!!!

ROTTFFLMAO!!!

Plexi Head
01-12-2006, 08:41 PM

Give it up Bi Polar Boy.

How can providing reviews of Daves show by critics who slag Dave but ADMIT TO NOT ACTUALLY LISTENING TO THE SHOW be informative? HOW?

You have a mental illness that at least needs some kind of medication.

Plexi Head
01-12-2006, 08:44 PM
My sig says it all about critics. I HATE FUCKING CRITICS

thome
01-12-2006, 08:57 PM
One of the Army writers(cough) should write a positive review
and circulate it on the net under a pseudonym.Like most of these
negative reviews. I don't recognize any of these reporters a
Knights of the truth.
And as we all know from all newscasts and media in general.
Bad News sells papers and keeps the -Sheep- watching.

audiospectrum
01-15-2006, 04:18 PM

I wipe my ass with any negative Dave reviews because all those so-called 'writers' are just jealous of the Diamond one because is has, is and always will be THE MOTHERFUCKING KING!

Why didn't you write THAT first, even though it's obvious to me that you would think this way? Then maybe I'd know where the hell you stand, because funy arse comments really provide only a shallow insight into what you think about Diamond D. Bad press aint so bad pal, you gotta actually rip the article, not the messenger. What parts of the negative article did you not agree with? And why don't you agree? Then we'd have some kind of discussion, besides the routine bash. I'd love to see more talk about who knows how to review and who doesn't, and why. Just my opinion, and judging from your reply I should let it go. No probs.

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom

As far as your post goes, if you're a fan or friend of anyone, y'don't go looking for bad news on them.

I can speak for myself and perhaps a few others, that David Lee Roth has provided me with years of musical and comedic joy. His music, with both Van Halen and solo, have gotten me thru a lot of tough times. This is something quite unique, that obviously Sammy Hagar and the 'New Halen' tried to, but couldn't repeat or replace.

If such a humourist and musician has provided anyone with such enlightenment, then why the hell would I search for dirt on him?

If you wouldn't search for dirt on a close friend, then by all classifications you wouldn't search for dirt on your favourite entertainer.

Thanks for the logical reply man, look I totally agree and relate with everything you say. I wouldn't be who I am now without the guidance from Dave. It's just personally I'd like to see what people hate about Dave, or why they don't like him every now and then, just to keep an open mind. Maybe one of the mods can close down all the 'bad press' threads and move them to one single thread, and somehow explain that these articles are here for reference, but aren't supported by any mods or whatever blah blah. It would just plain suck having to search around for 'all' news and reviews. It's great when I can come on and read it all here!! I don't have to leave home, so to speak. So I wouldn't really call it dirt, if anything this negative press makes me question Dave and what he does, and I always end up sticking up for the guy more and more each time. He has always been honest with himself and his true fans, and he's stuck to his guns when many others were blinded. I salute his approach to life and I believe in him. Hope that clears it up. Cheers.

MightyVanAaron
01-15-2006, 10:15 PM
What a totally slanted review. Everyone sucks but Howard because his show contained the unedited Pat OBRIEN PHONE MESSAGES we've already heard, the George Takei bit for the thousandth time, and Howard bitching about technical difficulties. Why would I pay for it? The Stern show isn't compelling & hasn't progressed at all. Give me Roth and a mic anyday over retard radio. THe most interesting about Howard's new show are his discussions of Dave.

doctor roth
01-17-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry; I didn't know that you were Bored's personal cock washer.

I will know turn my childish remarks on you, seeing as how you are a gimpy ass eater who routinely spanks his balls with a crusty OU812 cd case.

Now go stick a coat hanger up your rotted ass and fuck off you smelly jizz nugget.

WOW !!! are you REALLY 32 ??????

Did anyone on this site honestly believe that a personality so contraversial as David Lee Roth would slide into the shoes off one of the most POPULAR RADIO PERSONALITIES IN THE WORLD without criticism ????

Keep posting ALL the articles !!!!! As the old RATM song goes KNOW YOUR ENEMY !!!!! This way when you talk to all the roth haters you can shoot em down with an intellegent and well informed response instead of some sort of diatribe on the intricacies of gay sexual intercourse. Which by the way (judging from the history of your posts) you know alot about. But its OK jimmy. Gay men often suffer from self loathing and denial !!! You need to be OK with your obvious infatuation with other guys bodies.

Diamondjimi
01-18-2006, 01:50 AM
Call it what you want Doc. Jingles is one of the funniest mofos on this site.
Pull the stethescope outta yer ass and laugh a little !

doctor roth
01-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Just trying to stir up some conversation in here ! If anything i feel im encouraging people !

audiospectrum
01-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by doctor roth
WOW !!! are you REALLY 32 ??????

Keep posting ALL the articles !!!!! As the old RATM song goes KNOW YOUR ENEMY !!!!! This way when you talk to all the roth haters you can shoot em down with an intellegent and well informed response instead of some sort of diatribe on the intricacies of gay sexual intercourse.

I agree 100%. Intelligent Roth fans, that's what Dave would want to see on this site. Smart, switched on, and aware of who's legit and who's full of shit. Let's burn 'em with their own words.

eg.
"Here’s the guy who was dismissed from Van Halen"

False. Roth said he left because of the stagnating music from Ed, the two six-packs a day from Al, the drugs, the fighting... Or wait, even if we take Ed's side, Dave left to pursue a solo career, a movie career. Dave was never dismissed.

"Maybe the CBS brass believed Roth had a coolness factor for getting busted in Washington Square for trying to buy ganja from an undercover cop."

I urge anyone to go to Jackherer.com if they have anything against this wonderful plant

"He acknowledged his predecessor by saying, “Howard Stern has gone off into the front edge of American culture,” whatever that means."

No writer should ever follow a quote up with "whatever that means". What do they say in Australia, right through to the keeper!!

"He played unedited excerpts of the lecherous voice mail messages that Access Hollywood co-host Pat O’Brien left on a woman’s voice mail last year, a few prank phone calls, and a Dave Letterman imitator describing his sexual fantasies."

High class stuff here. Not one bit of intelligent conversation. It's a shame that Dave get's bagged for talking smart with Manny and others. Is the public at large really that stupid?

"Stern also introduced former Playboy bunny Heidi Cortez, who hosts a nighttime phone-sex show on Howard 100, one of the two Sirius channels he oversees."

A playboy bunny, a phone sex show!! Is there actually a demand for this type of stuff? It just shows how low we have scraped as a species.

"For those who feel Howard’s material is too risqué, I suggest eavesdropping on some of the conversations at middle schools these days."

Ha ha, middle school says it all. Remember that middle schoolers keep the Backdoor Boys and many other top 40 artists in business. Aim it at the young and stupid, they don't know any better. What a sad state of affairs our world is in.

Someone posted before that this guy is a jealous Dave hater! Right on the money!! It's so obviously bias. It makes you wonder, did Dave move in on this guys wife, left her smilin'.

il_es_douche
01-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Bored is right, of course and it kills all those who think of spinning bow ties and whacky spoonerisms as high humor (in other words, Roth radio fans). Stern's first 8 days has been fucking phenominal; he's taken it up yet another notch and while it's not quite "Uncle Manny" funny (take it slow Nickfresh...that was sarcasm), it's fucking great shit.
Fuzzy Wuzzy Bop...Ditty Bop? Wow...that's creative shit :)

Plexi Head
01-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Why didn't you write THAT first, even though it's obvious to me that you would think this way? Then maybe I'd know where the hell you stand, because funy arse comments really provide only a shallow insight into what you think about Diamond D. Bad press aint so bad pal, you gotta actually rip the article, not the messenger. What parts of the negative article did you not agree with? And why don't you agree? Then we'd have some kind of discussion, besides the routine bash. I'd love to see more talk about who knows how to review and who doesn't, and why. Just my opinion, and judging from your reply I should let it go. No probs.

Thanks for the logical reply man, look I totally agree and relate with everything you say. I wouldn't be who I am now without the guidance from Dave. It's just personally I'd like to see what people hate about Dave, or why they don't like him every now and then, just to keep an open mind. Maybe one of the mods can close down all the 'bad press' threads and move them to one single thread, and somehow explain that these articles are here for reference, but aren't supported by any mods or whatever blah blah. It would just plain suck having to search around for 'all' news and reviews. It's great when I can come on and read it all here!! I don't have to leave home, so to speak. So I wouldn't really call it dirt, if anything this negative press makes me question Dave and what he does, and I always end up sticking up for the guy more and more each time. He has always been honest with himself and his true fans, and he's stuck to his guns when many others were blinded. I salute his approach to life and I believe in him. Hope that clears it up. Cheers.

Sure there are two sides to every story but one of the reviews that Bored reported with unabounded glee was a review where the reviewer admits to not actually listening to the show. I personally don't want to waste my time reading that shit, I aint got the time or inclination.

Brett
01-19-2006, 12:48 AM
There are reviews where reporters are saying "I've never heard the show, but I'm telling you what's been on the show?" Come on, I haven't seen one review like that, who would even take something like that seriously. What real media source would even publish something like that? Of course these people giving bad reviews have listened, that's what their reviews are based on.

Plexi Head
01-19-2006, 01:10 AM
There are reviews where reporters are saying "I've never heard the show, but I'm telling you what's been on the show?" Come on, I haven't seen one review like that, who would even take something like that seriously. What real media source would even publish something like that? Of course these people giving bad reviews have listened, that's what their reviews are based on.

If you want to scroll down the VH/DLR Discussions to "MTV says David Lee Roth is a loser" The first post by Bored includes this quote from MTV

David Lee Roth: "It's very early and the shows haven't developed into what they will become, but all the radio people I've talked to have said Roth is a disaster so far," said Steven Strick, rock formats editor for Radio & Records magazine — who admits that he hasn't heard Roth's show himself. Strick said the real problem is that it's impossible to replace Stern, and though Roth could turn things around, Carolla has the best chance to succeed. Tom Taylor, editor of the trade journal Inside Radio (which is owned by Infinity rival Clear Channel), said Roth still needs to "figure out who he is. We know he's a singer, but he needs to explore his radio talent and that's hard to do in front of the biggest audience in the country."

That good enough for ya???????????????????????????

Golden AWe
01-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Thank you Plexihead, putting the source there helps, even though that's only a part of a single review.

Brett
01-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Plexi Head

That good enough for ya???????????????????????????

No because he's not giving a review on the content of the show, which is what I said.

He's merely stating what he's heard from other sources, big fucking deal.

It's not like he's reviewing the content, discussing parts of it that he obviously never heard. He is just saying he's heard the show is doing poorly.

thome
01-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Carolla???????? Kimmel was The Man Show. Carolla is their best shot..????
Five bucks sais, LA or wherever Carolla is is already sick of him .

The dude is way over his 15 min.

I wish him the best but, c'mon.

If Daves show doesn't succeed it cause, he won't take it up the ass.
Dave doesn't need Radio, its just a fun gig and Dave like to make,
be around and experience, Good Times, YES!
If you wanna roll w/ Dave, Roll, Wid It!

Radio needs Dave more than Dave needs Radio I am not saying
he doesn't want to succeed, its just Radio is in need of a shot
and Dave is -The Rig- they need.

Roth on !

bantonelli
01-19-2006, 11:15 AM

Roth on !

AGREED.. :D

Plexi Head
01-19-2006, 07:32 PM
No because he's not giving a review on the content of the show, which is what I said.

He's merely stating what he's heard from other sources, big fucking deal.

It's not like he's reviewing the content, discussing parts of it that he obviously never heard. He is just saying he's heard the show is doing poorly.

Anything else that has to fit your strict review criteria?

The guy is basically in print saying Daves show won't succed and why.

What more do you want? You really sound like a sore loser, loser.

Big Train
01-19-2006, 10:55 PM

Roth on !

I stand behind your Carrolla statement one thousand percent. I have to listen to that jerk off every morning. USELESS..

Whatever the NY people are complaining about, I will see them Carolla and raise it 6 million times.

It is unbelievable how bad he is.

DLR'sCock
01-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Have you seen Carolla's show on Comedy Central?

Horrible.

I liked the Man Show too, I thought he would have been MUCH better.

Dave's show keeps getting better and better.

audiospectrum
01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Plexi Head
Sure there are two sides to every story but one of the reviews that Bored reported with unabounded glee was a review where the reviewer admits to not actually listening to the show. I personally don't want to waste my time reading that shit, I aint got the time or inclination.

I agree with you on that. You gotta at least hear the show. I don't dissagree about THIS article, it is total bullshit. It is a waste of time.