X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HuckFinn
    Groupie
    • Jan 2004

Dave's position on Illegal Immigration

I was bummed out this AM to hear Dave's position on Illegal Immigration and making Spanish language mandatory. I agree with a lot of the politics he has discussed but total opposite on these particular issues.
    "Sammy Hagar is treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

DAVE's an open-minded individual....

Comment

• HuckFinn
      Groupie
      • Jan 2004

I emaiiled the show requesting he invite Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo to be on his show to debate the issue. The proposed wall that is to be built between the U.S. and Mexico has been dubbed "The Tancredo Wall". Would make for interesting banter.

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by HuckFinn
        I emaiiled the show requesting he invite Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo to be on his show to debate the issue. The proposed wall that is to be built between the U.S. and Mexico has been dubbed "The Tancredo Wall". Would make for interesting banter.
        Sounds very interesting...I sure hope they take note of listener opinions and comments. I love a good topic that will stir up the juices in Dave besides a kiss from me (Just Kidding!)

Way to go Huck Funn!!
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• thome
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Mar 2005

Re: Dave's position on Illegal Immigration

I was bummed out this AM to hear Dave's position on Illegal Immigration and making Spanish language mandatory. I agree with a lot of the politics he has discussed but total opposite on these particular issues.
          Daves comments were not really in depth but he seemed to say
          the border is a big issue, then I couldn't get his total jist of what
          he personally thought.

There have been -Many- threads on this issue here at The Army.

Mine is if, I lived in Mexico and could make in a week what they
          normaliy make in a month, I'd be here too.

I've stood in line behind groups at the Bank and watch the one
          of them that speaks English, interpet them cashing thier $1200.00
          check and watched them Immediately purchase a Money Order
          for $1000.00 to send back to thier families in Mexico.

So in my op they should not be here but it seems some of them
          aren't here for selfish reasons..

Comment

• HuckFinn
            Groupie
            • Jan 2004

I don't fault Mexican's for wanting to come here illegally to work. I fault the U.S. Government for not preventing them from crossing the border in the first place.

I also think employers that are caught hiring them should be given a huge fine. If employers are stopped from hiring illegals they would have no reason to want to come here.

A Nation that has no borders is not a Nation at all.

Comment

• bantonelli
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

Re: Re: Dave's position on Illegal Immigration

Originally posted by thome
              Daves comments were not really in depth but he seemed to say
              the border is a big issue, then I couldn't get his total jist of what
              he personally thought.

There have been -Many- threads on this issue here at The Army.

Mine is if, I lived in Mexico and could make in a week what they
              normaliy make in a month, I'd be here too.

I've stood in line behind groups at the Bank and watch the one
              of them that speaks English, interpet them cashing thier $1200.00
              check and watched them Immediately purchase a Money Order
              for $1000.00 to send back to thier families in Mexico.

So in my op they should not be here but it seems some of them
              aren't here for selfish reasons..
              It's definitely a mixed issue. I previously lived in South Carolina, where the textile industry was "KING" in the Southeast region of the country, and many plants shut down when Clinton passed the NAFTA Treaty.

Thanks to Clinton & NAFTA, we (the US) gave the immigrants jobs by removing them from hard working families in the Southeastern US who worked in these textile mills for generations and that's all they knew as far as apprenticeship and the immigrants want more? The only ones who benefitted from this move was Corporate America so that they no longer had to pay Workers Comp or Medical Benefits and immigrants had a job to go to each day. The South got higher unemployment and all of us tax payers ended up paying one way or the other.

On the other hand, many will come to the US and do jobs that Americans find "beneath themselves to do"....so it's really a mixed bag of opinions and debates.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.
              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Re: Dave's position on Illegal Immigration

I totally agree!! No one is going to tell me or my kids that they HAVE TO learn Spanish. What if there is a family who is of French descent?(as an example). Those parents may want their kids to learn French. Why should those kids have to learn English, French and Spanish?

Just so happens that all of my kids do speak Spanish. But, we decided that as a family. We all saw the value in them learning that.

But, no, IMO, it should not be mandatory.
                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• thome
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Mar 2005

Huck and Bantonelli.

I agree completely with both statements..

The Issue is How can we as Americans help Improve Life
                  in Mexico the Standard of living as they say.
                  So the People of Mexico Want to live there and Can, with the proper amt
                  of "The persuit of happiness".

That is the Issue NAFTA is going to address , given time Yes/No ?

Comment

• HuckFinn
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Dave's position on Illegal Immigration

Originally posted by bantonelli

On the other hand, many will come to the US and do jobs that Americans find "beneath themselves to do"....so it's really a mixed bag of opinions and debates.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.
                    I'm not offended, anyone else?

However, if the illegals were not here doing the manual labor jobs employers would be forced to pay Americans a realistic wage to do those jobs. We would have to pay more for those particular goods and services but not much. In fact there would be a "trickle up" effect that would raise wages for middle income Americans.

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

I think this topic would be GREAT for DLR to discuss, because I, too, don't believe that we need to be teaching our kids Spanish.

If people are coming here from South of the Border, East or West of our Borders, crossing the ocean....they should be speaking our lingo!!! I think Drivers License tests should strictly be in English....If you can Speak our LINGO...then you are competent enough to DRIVE our Highways.

DLR would have alot of calls on this entire TOPIC and Subtopics...

Comment

• HuckFinn
                        Groupie
                        • Jan 2004

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Comment

• bantonelli
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

Hallelujah, Teddy!!

Comment

• bastardog
                            Commando
                            • Feb 2004

In my opinion the borders should be closed not only at Mexico but at Canada too.
                            But there should be accessible ways to receive work papers.
                            Why people of other countries can't work here if they are willing to contribute as any citizen........hey, but do it the correct way; get your work permit and do it in law.
                            Bastardog

Comment

• HuckFinn
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bastardog
                              In my opinion the borders should be closed not only at Mexico but at Canada too.
                              But there should be accessible ways to receive work papers.
                              Why people of other countries can't work here if they are willing to contribute as any citizen........hey, but do it the correct way; get your work permit and do it in law.
                              Yes! If our Government was so concerned about protecting us from the "Evil Doers / Terrorists" closing the North and South borders would have been one of the first things done.

Comment

Working...