PDA

View Full Version : Tribute Bands

thome
01-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Formed in 1999 to showcase Van Halen's "David Lee Roth" era hits, Hot for Teacher has been relentlessly performing throughout Northern California and Nevada generating a following of dedicated fans and has amazed concert goers wherever they perform with their non stop high energy kick ass Rock-n-Roll show!

HOT FOR TEACHER's solid line-up features four of the most talented musicians who are geared-up and ready to "Rock On" with The Mighty Van Halen's greatest jams!

Vocalist Randy Monroe belts out powerful and high-energy vocal rants while supplying audiences with stage antics grooved to the beat of the music. The ripping, screaming virtuoso fretwork of guitarist Terry Lauderdale stirs audience's into the wildest of frenzy and leaves them in jaw dropping awe! Jimmi Ward's thundering Michael Anthony style bass riffs and, percussionist Larry Howe's "Bonhamesque" stick splintering, skinbashing style, creates the bottom end from hell, which blends into the perfect Rock-n-Roll drink!

I guess these kind of bands are all over the west coast Ihad not
heard of them before
I found these Guys at a Tribute Band Entertainment site the Site
has Neil Diamond impersonators ,Elvis ,The Kinks,Comedians,etc

I think they are pretty good any comments welcome

thome
01-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm trying to download one of thier tunes......

thome
01-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Well Poo, I can't figure out how to do it and it may be seen as waste
of Bandwidth,but it sounded Fun at the time.

Sorry, yours forever ineptly,
...........................thome

NATEDOG001976
01-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Fair Warning is the best Classic VH Tribute band I have seen, way better than the Atomic Punks!! I swore that guy was Dave up there.....Fair Warning rules!

thome
01-13-2006, 08:30 AM
These cats Hot for Teacher also played a gig for Micheal Anthony
when his guitar was -Placed- in the Hard Rock Cafe.I don't know
if that means much but I had never heard of them.

I wanted to post a tune but I do not have the tech knowlege.

Here is the link to the Web Site where you can listen to them they
seem ok but like most bands one or two of the group seem to slack \off a bit.
Tool down to the photo of the long hairs an click on Audio Samples...
http://www.locoloboevents.com/loco_tribute.shtml

Roth On!

doctor roth
01-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by thome
Well Poo, I can't figure out how to do it and it may be seen as waste
of Bandwidth,but it sounded Fun at the time.

Sorry, yours forever ineptly,
...........................thome

I wanna get some of fair warnings stuff. their website hasnt got any audio clips !!! If the sound byte that starts up as you enter is any indication, That dudes voice is extremely close. HOWEVER Dave said that the atomic punk are the best, but who am i to argue ?

tsqaure
01-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Hot for Teacher is a SF Bay Area cover band.I have seen them once and they were pretty good.What is ironic is Randy Monroe the singer is actually a science teacher for a local middle school.They have a pretty big following and recently opened a Katrina benefit concert here in the Bay that Y&T headlined.
When I saw DLR play in Santa Cruz over the Summer all the HFT guys were there.I noticed the singer going back stage with a handfull of memorabilia.No doubt getting some stuff signed by the man himself.