PDA

View Full Version : The Forever WAR: Join The NATIONAL GUARD! Wooo-hoooAH!

Nickdfresh
01-12-2006, 10:05 PM
US may extend soldier's military service: court
Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:10 PM ET

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A U.S. soldier who sued the military to protest the involuntary extension of his service lost his challenge on Thursday of the "stop-loss" policy Washington has used to maintain troop levels.

The decision by a three-judge panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals was the latest upholding the military's right to keep soldiers in the service beyond their original contracted time by issuing emergency stop-loss orders.

The case involved a California National Guard soldier -- his name is listed in court papers only as John Doe -- whose time under arms was extended by 11 months. Doe argued that the extension was an unconstitutional infringement of liberty but the court disagreed.

"Doe's arguments challenging the president's 'stop-loss' authority are not persuasive," Judge Stephen Trott wrote for the three-judge panel. "The 'stop-loss' order extending Doe's enlistment is a valid exercise of presidential power."

The court made a similar ruling last May and that decision was cited in the latest review of the issue.

"As we held in Santiago, the enlistment agreement gave warning in plain language that his service could be extended," the decision said.

Attorney Michael Sorgen said he would ask for a larger 11-judge en banc panel of the 9th Circuit to reconsider the issue.

"The door is still open, but not much," he said.

The all-volunteer U.S. military has used the stop-loss program to maintain troop levels as it lags its recruiting goals for its forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Tens of thousands of troops have had their time extended under the program.

© Reuters (http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyID=2006-01-13T010956Z_01_KWA304174_RTRUKOC_0_US-ARMS-STOPLOSS.xml&archived=False) 2006. All rights reserved.

So, when do you Neo CON pussies join up for the War effort you love so much? The real patriots need a breather I think.:)

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I'll join right after your "cheerleading at US soldier's deaths because I'm mad at the President" ass does.

Deal?

Nickdfresh
01-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I'll join right after your "cheerleading at US soldier's deaths because I'm mad at the President" ass does.

Deal?

Well, you're going to join after yourself then old man? CLINTON isn't the President anymore.;)

Gotta' love the online, tough talkin,' cowards....

DrMaddVibe
01-13-2006, 06:53 AM
All hat no cattle...way to talk it up there nicker00.

Don't forget to smile when Americans die.

ODShowtime
01-13-2006, 07:30 AM

Deal?

yeah, that's definitely our strategy...

you should have seen me in 2003, I was so excited to get our troops out of the country and into harm's way. Especially my friends. It was great when my buddy in the Airborne went nuts.

That was a bullshit, moronic statement you just made. Sophmoric even by your standards.

Nickdfresh
01-13-2006, 08:28 AM

Wow, are you really 42-years old? You must enjoy repeating yourself with the same ridiculous banter. You're just a one-trick pony, an uneducated, paradox of pee-stain....

Is a mindless BushEEP sycophant and loves a failed pResident -but- Interprets that as patriotism and wraps himself in the flag LOL

Is a mindless cheerleader for the 'war' -but- refuses to "fight terrorism" and wants others to fight and die and serve indefinitely, in the Nat'l Guard no less.

Must be fun going through life as a ridiculous, cowardly hypocrite for you aSSvibe, an online tough-guy and chicken-hawk. Did you lie about your miltary service too old man? C'mon aSSvibe, tell why I would join this fiasco when I'm against the IRAQI War, and you keep avoiding it but you're all for it old man?

Nickdfresh
01-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
yeah, that's definitely our strategy...

you should have seen me in 2003, I was so excited to get our troops out of the country and into harm's way. Especially my friends. It was great when my buddy in the Airborne went nuts.

That was a bullshit, moronic statement you just made. Sophmoric even by your standards.

It's funny, of every veteran of this IRAQ War I spoken too, or has posted here, I have never seen these extremist right wing drivel, and propaganda, about "fighting terrorism, blah blah blah." It's far more abstract and convoluted than that, even the ones that actually support this endeavor on any intellectual level (which aSSvibe clearly doesn't, he's just a knee-jerk, sycophanting dolt), will never say that there aren't serious obstacles and issues that need to be addressed and resolved before we can "win." Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words, and aSSvibe is just a mindless cliche' immune to notions of nuance, irony, and esoteric thought...

LoungeMachine
01-13-2006, 08:50 AM

All hat no cattle?????? :rolleyes:

Fuck you're pathetic.

You're also a lying hypocrite.

1- You CANNOT quote ONE SINGLE post/thread where either Nick or myself have ever "cheered" or been happy about Iraqi deaths.

2- If you're so behind this fraud of a war, then why would you only sign up after Nick does? Why does your patriotism hinge on an internet stranger signing up?

Talk about "all shat, no battle", ASSpipe

Fucking pussy.

thome
01-13-2006, 11:05 AM
I keep seeing all of these silly articles popping up WTF?

Last one" New Law, Cops Can Request Your I.D."

Now THIS!!!! If you sign up for military service "The U.S. Government
Owns You."

NO SH@T ASS HOLE holly FAKKKKK its a revelation ...Excuse me while
i crap myself...............

The general publics ignorance amazes me to no end, i do believe
the Good Ole USA is composed of some of the most Blind, Deaf,
and Dumb People in the History of Mankind.

DLR'sCock
01-13-2006, 12:28 PM
The only people cheerleading the soldiers deaths are you right wing fucking nut jobs that love the fact that soldiers are stuck in Iraq. YOU are the ones that want the US soldiers in Iraq. You know they are gettign killed, so you're the oens who want them to be put in harms way.

jhale667
01-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
All hat no cattle?????? :rolleyes:

Fuck you're pathetic.

You're also a lying hypocrite.
You CANNOT quote ONE SINGLE post/thread where either Nick or myself have ever "cheered" or been happy about Iraqi deaths.

Talk about "all shat, no battle", ASSpipe

Fucking pussy.

The Neocunts in here have made that idiotic statement more than once, and it's utter bullshit. :mad: I have FRIENDS over there, ASSvibe...think I'll 'cheer' if something happens to one of them? If so you're a dumbass. I support our troops, not the war-mongering idiot who wants to keep them in harm's way indefinitely.