PDA

View Full Version : Music from DLR show

pastapete
01-12-2006, 10:10 PM
After much searching and un-answered e-mails, calls, etc to the show i have found the answer to my own question. That rockin voice Dave played twice (once day one and again on Monday) is the band "Mother's finest" and the song is "Baby Love" check the sample out on AMAZON.com. Anyway they are a 70's funk/rock band with a killer vocalist.

Hope this helps anyone that was looking for this info.

And Dave is kind of a douche for refering to all the music as "from my private collection" and not giving any credit even though many fans called in questioning the source.

Pete

Dave's PA Rental
01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Did this really need its own thread?

bantonelli
01-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by pastapete
After much searching and un-answered e-mails, calls, etc to the show i have found the answer to my own question. That rockin voice Dave played twice (once day one and again on Monday) is the band "Mother's finest" and the song is "Baby Love" check the sample out on AMAZON.com. Anyway they are a 70's funk/rock band with a killer vocalist.

Hope this helps anyone that was looking for this info.

And Dave is kind of a douche for refering to all the music as "from my private collection" and not giving any credit even though many fans called in questioning the source.

Pete

You need to understand, though, it actually is music from his personal collection. It may not be that people are calling in to ask the artist of these songs because the Screener would hang up on us for asking that type of question.

fuckhowardstern
01-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Actually Rustofa pointed it out in the play by play thread. Mother's Finest (with Gary Moore on guitar) is playing in my town a week from Saturday. Think I might check that one out!!

Many more samples on the band's website:

http://www.mothersfinest.com/

rustoffa
01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
A great band. Hardworking.

You can totally see how Dave would be a fan.

franksters
01-12-2006, 10:33 PM
thank you for the link, this song is excellent!