Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Holocaust Survivor Leaves the US

Holocaust Survivor Leaving US

Monday, May 02 2005 @ 08:43 PM PDT
    Contributed by: admin

One of our neighbors is moving. I've been in this neighborhood for about six years now, but didn't really know them very well at all - just waves and nods, mostly.

So I heard the moving van pull up this morning. When I got home this evening I happened to spy my neighbor (he's like 85 years old - I don't know exactly, but he's old, talks and moves very slowly) standing on the sidewalk next to the van. I walked over and shook his hand, and we started talking. I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.

"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews, grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).

He said he was too old to see it happen right in front of his eyes again, and too old to do anything about it, so he was taking his family back to Europe on Thursday where they would be safe from George W. Bush and his neocons. He seemed resolute, but troubled, nonetheless, as if being too young on one end and too old on the other to fight what he saw happening was wearing on him.

I gotta tell you - it was chilling. I let him talk, and the whole time, my gut was churning, like I had mutated butterflies in my stomach. When he was finished, he shook my hand, gripping it really hard, until his knuckles turned white and he was shaking. He looked me in the eyes, hard, and said, "I will pray for your family and your country." He let go of my hand and hobbled away.

I have related this event to you in the hopes it will serve as a cautionary anecdote about the state of our Union, and to illustrate the path we Americans are being led down by a group of fanatics bent on global economic and military dominion. When a man who survived the fruits of fascism decides its time to leave THIS country because he's seeing the same patterns that led to the Holocaust and other Nazi horrors beginning to form here, it is time for us to recognize the underlying evil inherent in the actions of those who claim they work for all Americans, and for all mankind. And it is incumbent upon all Americans, Red and Blue, Republican and Democrat, to stop them.

link
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • thome
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

How convenient the the one person in the -Whole USA- that is
    85 yrs old -AND- a holocaust survivor -AND- is moving back to Germany
    because he Sais "George Bush is committing atrocity after atrocity",
    just happens to live across the street from a left wing contributing
    Blog writer.

See how long this lasts..

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• thome
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Mar 2005

Good Quote, but this is a Essay Test in some creative writing class
        and I would give it a B+.

The Thought is one of deep emotional incite into the workings
        of a fictional character............

And It makes as much sense as farenheight 911.It seems to me that
        it was written by M.Moore.It will no doubt be renamed and produced
        as Moores next extravaganza.

I really do think this short is a great story for a screenwriter to start
        with.
        It's contemporary and already has the emotional conflicts built in....

Drama

Comment

• McCarrens
          Foot Soldier
          • May 2004

I agree with everything Thome said in those two posts.
          "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Wonderful.... we have a meeting of the mindless
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• McCarrens
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Wonderful...someone just got a new book of cliches
              "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Our Constitution will not allow what happened in Germany to happen here.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                  Our Constitution will not allow what happened in Germany to happen here.
                  "Quit throwing the Constitution in my face. It's just a goddamned piece of paper" - George Bush Jr.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• McCarrens
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2004

"Quit throwing the Constitution in my face. It's just a goddamned piece of paper" - George Bush Jr.
                    He didn't say that.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by McCarrens
                      He didn't say that.
                      Yes he did.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Who's Thompson's source?

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                          Who's Thompson's source?
                          Three GOP leaders who were present at the meeting with Chimpy. You can see why they might want to remain anonymous.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• 4moreyears
                            Commando
                            • Oct 2004

Re: Holocaust Survivor Leaves the US

Holocaust Survivor Leaving US

Monday, May 02 2005 @ 08:43 PM PDT
                            Contributed by: admin

One of our neighbors is moving. I've been in this neighborhood for about six years now, but didn't really know them very well at all - just waves and nods, mostly.

So I heard the moving van pull up this morning. When I got home this evening I happened to spy my neighbor (he's like 85 years old - I don't know exactly, but he's old, talks and moves very slowly) standing on the sidewalk next to the van. I walked over and shook his hand, and we started talking. I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.

"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews, grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).

He said he was too old to see it happen right in front of his eyes again, and too old to do anything about it, so he was taking his family back to Europe on Thursday where they would be safe from George W. Bush and his neocons. He seemed resolute, but troubled, nonetheless, as if being too young on one end and too old on the other to fight what he saw happening was wearing on him.

I gotta tell you - it was chilling. I let him talk, and the whole time, my gut was churning, like I had mutated butterflies in my stomach. When he was finished, he shook my hand, gripping it really hard, until his knuckles turned white and he was shaking. He looked me in the eyes, hard, and said, "I will pray for your family and your country." He let go of my hand and hobbled away.

I have related this event to you in the hopes it will serve as a cautionary anecdote about the state of our Union, and to illustrate the path we Americans are being led down by a group of fanatics bent on global economic and military dominion. When a man who survived the fruits of fascism decides its time to leave THIS country because he's seeing the same patterns that led to the Holocaust and other Nazi horrors beginning to form here, it is time for us to recognize the underlying evil inherent in the actions of those who claim they work for all Americans, and for all mankind. And it is incumbent upon all Americans, Red and Blue, Republican and Democrat, to stop them.

link
                            fuck Him, let him go. If he is stupid enough to compare Bush who is defending our country against those he feels are a threat with Hitler who's goal it was to extinguish a whole race of people then he is as stupid as Ford.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Three GOP leaders who were present at the meeting with Chimpy. You can see why they might want to remain anonymous.
                              Thompson's not even amongst the Washington media elite anymore. Why would I buy his story?

Comment

Working...