Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson PALMER's Injury Not Career Threatening

Palmer's doctor quells fears about QB's knee surgery
    While Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer's knee injury was severe, the initial reports of possible long-term effects were overstated, Palmer's surgeon Dr. Lonnie Paulos said in a statement released by the team.

Jan. 13 - While Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer's knee injury was deemed severe, the initial reports of possible long-term effects were overstated, Palmer's surgeon, Dr. Lonnie Paulos, said in a statement released by the team Thursday.

"I believe and regret that media reports based on interviews with me have misinterpreted my view of Carson Palmer's knee injury. Though the injury was serious, the essential fact remains that his ACL and MCL have been repaired.

"I would consider this a typical ACL-MCL football injury. Comments attributed to me that the knee injury was 'devastating and potentially career ending' were meant to describe such injuries in general. I was accurately quoted by The Associated Press that my bottom line is optimism regarding Carson's prognosis. With a successful rehabilitation program, he has an excellent chance of being medically cleared for play at the start of the 2006 regular season."

Paulos, in the AP interview Thursday, said the damage was more severe and extensive.

"It's not just like it was a torn ACL," Paulos told the AP. "It's a magnitude more difficult to recover from and repair. It can and has ended careers, without a doubt."

Paulos, however, assures Bengals fans that Palmer will be ready for next season.

"He did great," Paulos told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "He's already rehabbing. He's a great athlete. He's a stud. He'll be back in a few months."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Copyright © 2006 ABC News Internet Ventures

I heard this morning that some had speculated that PALMER's injury was the end. But they've retracted that I guess... That would have sucked to have a guy blow apart in the pinnacle of his career like that.

even worse...since he's not even close to the pinnacle yet...

We have backtracking...

which means...his injuries aren't as severe as they initially thought...

and more severe than they are admitting to now...

either that...or they are trying to keep Palmer from killing himself...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      even worse...since he's not even close to the pinnacle yet...

We have backtracking...

which means...his injuries aren't as severe as they initially thought...

and more severe than they are admitting to now...

either that...or they are trying to keep Palmer from killing himself...
      Am I the only one that thinks he won't be the same? Or at least this is gonna' be a two-year recovery? I haven't even seen him play yet.

I had to miss the BILLS' best moment this woeful season when they beat CINCY..

Comment

Well...it really does depend on HOW long he's out...

if they aren't lying...and he's back by the beginning of next year...

I could see this being something that doesn't hurt him long term...

If I were Palmer...I'd set my timetable on a midseason return...so as not to return to early...

my gut instinct tells me the initial reports were more accurate though...

It's hard to say...

he's not overtly mobile...and these injuries rarely...never recur...as a QB...you're knees take a beating with weird hits...as we saw this year...

We'll wait and see...

I think CPepp and CPalm are both going to be hardpressed to reach what they could be...again...

but we'll see...

I hope that's not the case...because I think Palmer was going to be a really going to be a good one...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

What about Culpepper? He has the same injury..are they both done??
          http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
          Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
          Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

BREASTS
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...
            X