PDA

View Full Version : The misery of when the $$ and the Credit go Sour

bantonelli
01-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Would this article explain what happens to an "Ex-Superstar" when the Money runs dry and the Credit is Bad ? Perhaps this is why DLR says that a Reunion is enivitable....if you put EVH in Axl Rose's position, EVH could get hard up for the $$$ and the luxurious car and lifestyle that goes with the territory and Call Dave himself to do the Reunion or have to settle for getting around town in a Saturn, Geo or a Kia... Time will Tell...

Read on:
Axl Rose Sues Beverly Hills Car Dealer

01/13/2006 3:30 PM, AP

It's not Gun N' Roses but cars and cash that have rocker Axl Rose suing a Beverly Hills auto dealership.

The suit, filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, claims the dealership failed to deliver two luxury cars after receiving $20,000 in deposits and also failed to give the Guns N' Roses frontman any money after selling his Ferrari.

Rose contends that Beverly Hills Classic Cars took his deposits but violated oral agreements to get him a 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo and a 2005 Porsche GT3.

The suit also contends the dealer sold his consigned 1999 Ferrari Marinello but never paid him a promised $135,000 of the proceeds.

After-hours calls to the dealer and its owner were not immediately returned Thursday.

With Rose as frontman, Guns N' Roses reached superstar status in the late 1980s after the release of "Appetite for Destruction," which includes hits such as "Paradise City," "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle."

The band split in a bitter fallout, leaving only Rose and keyboard player Dizzy Reed to soldier on under the Guns N' Roses banner. Former members Slash (Saul Hudson) and Duff (Michael) filed a suit last August against Rose for allegedly naming himself sole administrator of the group's copyrights.

Big Fat Sammy
01-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey I've got a Geo...

It's the coolest car ever, I would get another.

Great gas mileage...and...

Most of the maintenence I can do myself...and when I run into shit I don't worry too much. :D

It also fits into small parking spaces.

The only problem is that I can't get into the car from the drivers side, or get out of the car from the passenger side. :D

Nickdfresh
01-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Would this article explain what happens to an "Ex-Superstar" when the Money runs dry and the Credit is Bad ? Perhaps this is why DLR says that a Reunion is enivitable....if you put EVH in Axl Rose's position, EVH could get hard up for the $$$ and the luxurious car and lifestyle that goes with the territory and Call Dave himself to do the Reunion or have to settle for getting around town in a Saturn, Geo or a Kia... Time will Tell...

Read on:
Axl Rose Sues Beverly Hills Car Dealer

01/13/2006 3:30 PM, AP

It's not Gun N' Roses but cars and cash that have rocker Axl Rose suing a Beverly Hills auto dealership.

The suit, filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, claims the dealership failed to deliver two luxury cars after receiving $20,000 in deposits and also failed to give the Guns N' Roses frontman any money after selling his Ferrari.

Rose contends that Beverly Hills Classic Cars took his deposits but violated oral agreements to get him a 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo and a 2005 Porsche GT3.

The suit also contends the dealer sold his consigned 1999 Ferrari Marinello but never paid him a promised $135,000 of the proceeds.

After-hours calls to the dealer and its owner were not immediately returned Thursday.

With Rose as frontman, Guns N' Roses reached superstar status in the late 1980s after the release of "Appetite for Destruction," which includes hits such as "Paradise City," "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle."

The band split in a bitter fallout, leaving only Rose and keyboard player Dizzy Reed to soldier on under the Guns N' Roses banner. Former members Slash (Saul Hudson) and Duff (Michael) filed a suit last August against Rose for allegedly naming himself sole administrator of the group's copyrights.

Sounds more like ROSE was defrauded to me...

bantonelli
01-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Hey I've got a Geo...

It's the coolest car ever, I would get another.

Great gas mileage...and...

Most of the maintenence I can do myself...and when I run into shit I don't worry too much. :D

It also fits into small parking spaces.

The only problem is that I can't get into the car from the drivers side, or get out of the car from the passenger side. :D

Perhaps a PINTO ?

bantonelli
01-14-2006, 12:44 PM
NickDFresh...you could be right or the other theory being that Axl may have owed on one of his previous imported vehicles and still owed backpayments on which the dealership decided to take it upon themselves to finally get paid.

fuckhowardstern
01-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi Bantonelli!!!

Is there more to that story? It seems like it may be incomplete. I saw another thread on this topic somewhere - it may have been DDDL.com....I didn't read it......

POJO_Risin
01-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Christ...who gives a fuck...

Slash said in an interview last week that he heard the G&R album is finally coming out...in March...

like ANYONE cares...

Matt White
01-14-2006, 12:56 PM
G'N'R...the SECOND biggest waste of a rock legacy.........

POJO_Risin
01-14-2006, 01:06 PM
No dude...by far the first...

VH had 6 albums...that were all classic...

Guns had 1...2 WTF's...and 1 Huh?

Axl took the lead singer Hitler complex to the next level...

Nickdfresh
01-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Christ...who gives a fuck...

Slash said in an interview last week that he heard the G&R album is finally coming out...in March...

like ANYONE cares...

Yeah, but he never mentioned a year, did he?:D

bantonelli
01-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
Hi Bantonelli!!!

Is there more to that story? It seems like it may be incomplete. I saw another thread on this topic somewhere - it may have been DDDL.com....I didn't read it......

Hey FHS...Currently listening to our old friends STEELY DAN...They are so frikkin STELLAR....Alongside DLR, of course!

I took this article from Yahoo.

Pojo...I don't give a rip about Axl, but I thought it was interesting if you put EVH in his shoes and that his fate might be where Axl is today (in fact...where is he? Does he still play gigs?)

I hope that this might even be the fire under EVH's ass to get him to call Dave on the radio and get the REUNION in the talking.

Terry
01-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Gotta go with Poj on this one.

GnR shot their wad with Appetite.

Lies and the Use Your Illusions albums had some killer tracks scattered amongst the fluff, but putting in GnR up there with CVH is stretching it a bit.

Can't imagine anyone honestly caring about Chinese Democracy coming out anymore. Axl just waited too long.

Unchainme
01-14-2006, 02:03 PM

Appetite deserves to be up there with the 6 pack, What a grate record, every song is solid. Then Lies came and it ahad ahndfull of good songs. Same thing with Use Your Illusion, In Fact my favorite song, You Could be Mine is on there. The Spaghetti Incidnet okay too. But The best part of Gn'R left when Slash left.

boy, u stupid
01-14-2006, 02:47 PM
FHS, I released some lyrics last evening for the enjoyment of all my supporters. I will have a secretary forward a referendum that I would like to have in place by the Super Bowl. Please contact me with any comments or suggestions. Thank you. T.

Unchainme
01-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by boy, u stupid
FHS, I released some lyrics last evening for the enjoyment of all my supporters. I will have a secretary forward a referendum that I would like to have in place by the Super Bowl. Please contact me with any comments or suggestions. Thank you. T.

Whens our fight? Bitch!

Nickdfresh
01-14-2006, 02:51 PM

JOE, can you get Anvil LaVenes autograph for me?

Will you be meeting Christy Aguluna or Britnie Speerfishermans any time soon?

boy, u stupid
01-14-2006, 02:54 PM
One thing I've always been good at is spotting talent. (Minto, Bellichek, Roth, Neil, Lavinge, white coaches etc).

DrMaddVibe
01-14-2006, 02:55 PM
http://www.guzer.com/videos/axl_walks_off.php

Nickdfresh
01-14-2006, 02:56 PM
One thing I've always been good at is spotting talent. (Minto, Bellichek, Roth, Neil, Lavinge, white coaches etc).

And Boyscouts.

Matt White
01-14-2006, 02:57 PM

I meant VH had a bigger legacy that they squandered......

Though you're right...G'N'R went from the biggest band in the world one minute to completely obscurity the next.....

That bit about ROSE refusing to tour the night before the kick off off the USE YOUR ILLUSION tour unless the rest of the band signed over rights to the name is incredible.......

Nickdfresh
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I can only imagine that "Chinese Democracy" will sound like a lame Nine Inch Nails impersonation...

Matt White
01-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I have no desire to hear ANYTHING from ROSE again in this lifetime...without SLASH DUFF IZZY & MATT......

DrMaddVibe
01-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Don't worry...you won't have to!

Izzy will NEVER play with Axl again.

POJO_Risin
01-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Nothing will light a fire under Eddie...unless he falls asleep while smoking...

POJO_Risin
01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Izzy hasn't played with Guns since...

Appetite?

That's not news...

Slash DID say that he has no problem with Axl...that they just don't talk...and haven't 1 on 1 in ten years...

lmfao...

yeah...no problem...

fuckhowardstern
01-14-2006, 03:35 PM

HUH???

ALinChainz
01-14-2006, 03:41 PM

No douchebag ... you posted the lyrics of a Lisa Marie Presley and a Motley Crue song.

You released your lips from around stepdads mamba ... maybe ...

ALinChainz
01-14-2006, 03:43 PM

You mean Belichick?

And that's not what I've read you were good at ...

Diamondjimi
01-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Terry
GnR shot their wad with Appetite.

Lies and the Use Your Illusions albums had some killer tracks scattered amongst the fluff, but putting in GnR up there with CVH is stretching it a bit.

Can't imagine anyone honestly caring about Chinese Democracy coming out anymore. Axl just waited too long.

True . You have your entire life to make your first record. GnR could'nt
deliver once they became a bloated corporate cash cow. Rose has only himself to blame for what became of the GnR legacy.
In the end Rose's lack of new product renders GnR a flash in the pan.
Personally , I think their only great album was Appetite. i could care
less if I never heard from that tool again. Besides , the cunt has one of the most irritating voices ever .IMO......

Big Troubles
01-14-2006, 06:25 PM

what? I resent that. Its not like he let the biz go to his head and start doing drugs, drinking his limit in wine, taking hissy fits in public, beat up photographers, people in the audience or slap his ol' ladies around... Right?

wait a moment... :D

bantonelli
01-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
http://www.guzer.com/videos/axl_walks_off.php

UN-EFFEN-BELIEVABLE!!! I've never been a big GnR fan, but this is outrageous footage....Thanks Dr. Vibes.

If DLR pulled an Axl Rose, then I could understand a reconciliation being almost null and void, but DLR is way too INTELLIGENT to pull that.

What was Axl on (substance)? I think he had a mental breakdown ?

Douglas T.
01-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
UN-EFFEN-BELIEVABLE!!! I've never been a big GnR fan, but this is outrageous footage....Thanks Dr. Vibes.

If DLR pulled an Axl Rose, then I could understand a reconciliation being almost null and void, but DLR is way too INTELLIGENT to pull that.

What was Axl on (substance)? I think he had a mental breakdown ?

AXL was and is on LSD a.k.a. Lead Singers Disease!

Thanks for the clip I heard about that but never saw them do that particular ending to Rocket Queen!