PDA

View Full Version : The Roth Rules

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok folks here are the Roth Rules. These are the guidelines to help you follow the path of Rothness.

School of Roth.

1-You must own all original six VH albums.

2- Must also own all solo DLR albums including BBQ Dvd.

3- Must have bought 5150 out of curiousity. Without this album you wouldnt have been able to appreciate the Roth years better.

4-You cannot be an Eddie fan. It is forbidden.Ed must be referred to as the Lying Dutchman or Edvanheineken or in some cases as one of the sisters.

5-Sammy Hagar is Roths sworn enemy. Therefore you cannot like hagar / say you like hagar but prefer Roth / say hagar is a good singer / say that you like some hagar songs / or say that Sammy is in any way shape or form better than Roth.

6- Van Hagar is not cool. You are not allowed to like Van Hagar / say you like some Van Hagar / say you like both eras / or attend any Van Hagar concerts.

7-Gary Cherone is not to be mentioned at all.

8- EEAS is the album that all Van Hagar albums will be judged after. This is the Roth album to have.

9- Crazy From the Heat : This is the Roth bible. You must have a copy of this in order to be a Roth fan. This book has further information on how a Roth fan must behave.

10-Van Hagar Reunion: FORGET ABOUT THIS ONE FOLKS! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THIS FUCKING CHARADE! IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE OUT OF HERE .

More rules to follow soon.

flappo
04-04-2004, 12:04 PM
..2 is bollox

..nobody owns that , cos it was never an official release

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by flappo
..2 is bollox

..nobody owns that , cos it was never an official release

I dont care if it was never released. If you are a real roth fan then you must get your hands on this.

Or else Lou will fucking ride your ass about it.:D

flappo
04-04-2004, 12:13 PM
..oh no , not the LOU !

..anything but that !!!

Sarge
04-04-2004, 12:17 PM
I agree with almost all of that.
I like DLRBAND better than EEAS though.

I also think you can be a fan of ED.. although he has talked down on Roth's name in the past and basically fucked the fans with this reunion. Classic VH was Ed on the guitar and Dave on the mic so i can see an appreciation for ED.

CFTH is the bible for modern day heathens like most of us here.
I hate Van Hagar, Sammy Hagar and will not support this Van Hagar reunion.

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by flappo
..oh no , not the LOU !

..anything but that !!!

Flappo,

Penix here

These are The Rules of Roth

if you cant handle these rules

then you must turn in your Roth badge

you can keep those capri pants

ThePenix

Golden AWe
04-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I dont care if it was never released. If you are a real roth fan then you must get your hands on this.

Send me a copy please

Sarge
04-04-2004, 12:23 PM
I like the Sammy Hagar is Roth's sworn enemy.

It fits in with the whole superhero, kung-fu, action figure thing Dave has going on
Sarge

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Send me a copy please

If you need anything please contact these fellow Mods.

Send all inquiries to LOU or TMR.

These guys will help you get whatever you need.:D

Calderone
04-04-2004, 12:44 PM
I FUCKIN NEED A BBQ COPY AND A CFTH COPY !

flappo
04-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
I like the Sammy Hagar is Roth's sworn enemy.

It fits in with the whole superhero, kung-fu, action figure thing Dave has going on
Sarge

..maybe the LEE in dave lee is a tribute to bruce ?

vh1978-1984
04-04-2004, 01:37 PM
I agree with most of your rules except saying you maust own all of daves's solo cd's. i love them all except your filthy little mouth and the one that came out last year (diamon dave was it). and if you have the best of davil lee roth, you have 3 of the 4 songs off the crazy from the heat ep. i would say all his classic solo stuff (eat em, skyscraper, a little aint enough, and dlr band) put into direct competition with the 4 van hagar cd's absolutely obliterates those charades passed off as van halen cd's. here is how we settle it, david lee roth vs sammy hagar, fight to the death, the winner is in complete control of van halen and we must obide by the winner of this death match as our leader, even if the pathetic sammy hagar miraculously won. that said, my money is on roth and i know he won't let his fans down. lets set up the pay per view and cast sammy hagar straight to hell where he belongs, death to the false vh messiah.:D

Lou
04-04-2004, 01:48 PM
You know I was away from DLR Band for awhile and then I put it back on, this was maybe a couple of months ago...damn that's a good album. Slam Dunk! could have been a classic Van Halen song had it been written 15-20 years earlier.

Now let me get this out before I get called out on it, I condemned the "Diamond Dave" album every which way on Vaughn's site, I was so, SOOO disappointed after 5 years to not get one new song written with Brian Young.

I'm about keeping it real. When I'm disappointed in something Roth has done I'm not going to pretend I like it. I hold Roth to the high standards he set in classic Van Halen. I really wish Roth would come out with another album of DLR Band flavor because "Diamond Dave" really fell way short of mine and a lot of people's expectations as evidenced by the sales.

I have no idea how to get the No Holds BBQ but I also condemned Roth's techno foray a couple of years ago. Maybe if I re-visit that again I'll like it a little better but man, that was tough to take I think even for the most avid Roth fans.

I'd like a copy of Crazy from the Heat most definitely, I don't know where to get it. It's not in stores is it?

Lou
04-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
I also think you can be a fan of ED.. although he has talked down on Roth's name in the past and basically fucked the fans with this reunion. Classic VH was Ed on the guitar and Dave on the mic so i can see an appreciation for ED.

Exactly. It's ridiculous to say that Roth alone was Van Halen. Roth and Ed together were Van Halen. Problem is that the idiot Slapnuts fans think it was all Ed, it was always his band, and Van Halen has always been a trio plus some singer, doesn't matter who's singing, it's all the same because Ed's there. It only became Ed's band after Roth left; classic Van Halen was just as much Roth's band as it was Eddie's. Slapnuts fans don't understand that.

When I hear "so and so would be a good fit for Van Halen" though that makes me puke. There is no "fit" for the singer but Dave, as Van Halen has a cold, hard definition: DLR, EVH, AVH, MA. That's it. No interchangeable parts.

Nowadays, it is unquestionably Eddie's band, and that's what the little prick wanted all along. I don't care what anyone says, he sure as hell wants the attention on him. He doesn't want someone of different talents like Roth taking any of the focus away from him. With Slappy Gaygar singing, of course the attention is on Ed. No one, and I mean NO ONE is really going to these shows because Sammy Hagar is an equal attraction to Ed like Roth was.

"Van Halen" is a business with Ed as the CEO. As far as I'm concerned, seeing a Van Hagar show this year is akin to buying a mass-produced, product like a CD. All these shows will be the same, with nothing personal about them. All it is is money in exchange for a service.

ELVIS
04-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Lou doesn't have these items ???

Shame shame...

Donald Trump would say " YOU'RE FIRED!"

:elvis:

Lou
04-04-2004, 02:14 PM
No I don't, I have said numerous times I will not get something just because it says DLR on it, or for that matter, that goes to any band or anything I'm a fan of. I really would however like to have a copy of Crazy from the Heat but I can't find it anywhere.

vh1978-1984
04-04-2004, 02:14 PM
THE DLR cd was great, i agree with you that slam dunk is awesome and i think the whole cd is great. i agree with you that roth made a huge mistake by not putting another "big rock" cd like his classic solo stuff, he just had all that publicity with the hagar tour and he was playing all van halen songs and since van halen was no where to be found, the time was right and i think the market was there for a real van halen album from the real frontman of van halen, david lee roth. i know dave does what he wants but i think he lost all the momentum he gained from that co headlining tour with hagar by releasing a covers cd with mostly crap on it.. the crazy from the heat ep is still in print, look for it on ebay or www.ubl.com or like i said the best of roth has 3 of the 4 songs on it and the one new track "don't piss me off." i also don't know what roth was thinking with "your filthy little mouth", he really confused his fans with that cd and i think lost a lot of fans. the bad thing is once you lose the respect of your fans it is hard to get them back, when dave is one he is great but he needs to realize his fans want hard rock not steve miller cover songs. death to false van halen.

ELVIS
04-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Lou
No one, and I mean NO ONE is really going to these shows because Sammy Hagar is an equal attraction to Ed like Roth was.

I agree...

But did you think people like me didn't already know this ??

Lou
04-04-2004, 02:16 PM
I meant Crazy from the Heat the book, not the EP.

Big Troubles
04-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Lou doesn't have these items ???

Shame shame...

Donald Trump would say " YOU'RE FIRED!"

Actualy, latest news is that Trump is broke. So the new ctach phrase is "Hire me?"

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Lou
You know I was away from DLR Band for awhile and then I put it back on, this was maybe a couple of months ago...damn that's a good album. Slam Dunk! could have been a classic Van Halen song had it been written 15-20 years earlier.

Now let me get this out before I get called out on it, I condemned the "Diamond Dave" album every which way on Vaughn's site, I was so, SOOO disappointed after 5 years to not get one new song written with Brian Young.

I'm about keeping it real. When I'm disappointed in something Roth has done I'm not going to pretend I like it. I hold Roth to the high standards he set in classic Van Halen. I really wish Roth would come out with another album of DLR Band flavor because "Diamond Dave" really fell way short of mine and a lot of people's expectations as evidenced by the sales.

I have no idea how to get the No Holds BBQ but I also condemned Roth's techno foray a couple of years ago. Maybe if I re-visit that again I'll like it a little better but man, that was tough to take I think even for the most avid Roth fans.

I'd like a copy of Crazy from the Heat most definitely, I don't know where to get it. It's not in stores is it?

How can you be a fucking Roth fan and not have a copy of Crazy From the Heat?

From now on your mission is to acquire this book and read it a least twice.

Maybe Elvis will be nice enough to lend you his copy in the time being.

Lou
04-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Because I can't find it! When did it come out? I started getting into Van Halen in 1997.

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Because I can't find it! When did it come out? I started getting into Van Halen in 1997.

Dude i'm disappointed. Buy a used copy on E-Bay.

Once you read this book you will feel complete.

ELVIS
04-04-2004, 02:58 PM
I've seen it in pawn shops.. used book stores.. and on ebay...

If you wanted it you would find it...

Kat
04-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Ok...not sure how I rate...

#3 - didn't buy 5150 or ANY post-DLR VH. So maybe that makes me "more" of a ROTH fan than you...I didn't need the comparison. ;)

#4 - I like Ed...with Dave. Hate is definitely not in my blood for Ed or Al. But, I will not go see them unless Dave is there.

#8 - EEAS is a great album...but I like DLR Band, YFLM, and ALAE better. :o

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Kat

#3 - didn't buy 5150 or ANY post-DLR VH. So maybe that makes me "more" of a ROTH fan than you...I didn't need the comparison. ;)

These are ROTH ARMY RULES!!!

NOT PERSONAL OPINIONS.

moose
04-04-2004, 03:26 PM
NEVER BOUGHT ANY OF THE SPAM HAGGIS CRAP.
HAVE 3-4 DIFFERENT PRESSINGS OF VAN HALEN1, VH2, WACF,FW,DD,1984(JAPANESE,EUROPEAN ETC ETC)
OWN ABOUT 15 BOOTLEGS(ALL VINYL) VH
ABOUT 5 BOOTLEGS(ROTH ONLY)
HAVE 3 CASSETTES OF VH IN A BAR ONE IS @ GAZZARI'S THE OTHER 2 ARE WHISKEY(GOT THESE IN 1980)
STILL HAVE THE TOUR SHIRTS FROM 80-84(79' SHIRT MUM RUINED IT)NEVER ABLE TO FIND A 78" DIDN'T GO TO THE SHOW
TOUR SHIRTS EEAS,SKYSCRAPER,ALAE
AND I"M HANDING THEM DOWN TO MY 2 SONS AND MY DAUGHTER
AGREE WITH MOST OF THE RULES EXCEPT #3 DIDN'T HAVE TO BUY ----
TO APPRECCIATE ROTH I NEW RIGHT FROM THE GET GO THIS IN 78' WHO THIS GUY WAS AND WHAT HE REPRESENTED BOTH TO VAN HALEN(RIP) AND THE THE MUSIC WORLD.
SO AM I CONSIDERED A FAN??????????????????????

Big Troubles
04-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Lou

Um.... try http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786863390/qid=1081106939/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2500285-9576053?v=glance&s=books

no more excuses.

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by moose
NEVER BOUGHT ANY OF THE SPAM HAGGIS CRAP.
HAVE 3-4 DIFFERENT PRESSINGS OF VAN HALEN1, VH2, WACF,FW,DD,1984(JAPANESE,EUROPEAN ETC ETC)
OWN ABOUT 15 BOOTLEGS(ALL VINYL) VH
ABOUT 5 BOOTLEGS(ROTH ONLY)
HAVE 3 CASSETTES OF VH IN A BAR ONE IS @ GAZZARI'S THE OTHER 2 ARE WHISKEY(GOT THESE IN 1980)
STILL HAVE THE TOUR SHIRTS FROM 80-84(79' SHIRT MUM RUINED IT)NEVER ABLE TO FIND A 78" DIDN'T GO TO THE SHOW
TOUR SHIRTS EEAS,SKYSCRAPER,ALAE
AND I"M HANDING THEM DOWN TO MY 2 SONS AND MY DAUGHTER
AGREE WITH MOST OF THE RULES EXCEPT #3 DIDN'T HAVE TO BUY ----
TO APPRECCIATE ROTH I NEW RIGHT FROM THE GET GO THIS IN 78' WHO THIS GUY WAS AND WHAT HE REPRESENTED BOTH TO VAN HALEN(RIP) AND THE THE MUSIC WORLD.
SO AM I CONSIDERED A FAN??????????????????????

YOU SIR ARE A FUCKING FAN OF THE MIGHTY ROTH!

PLEASE PEOPLE USE THIS POSTER AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT.

Lou
04-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Um.... try http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786863390/qid=1081106939/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2500285-9576053?v=glance&s=books

no more excuses.

Thanks for the link. Just placed an order right now, should get here 4 to 14 days from now.

moose
04-04-2004, 03:43 PM
YOU SIR ARE A FUCKING FAN OF THE MIGHTY ROTH!

PLEASE PEOPLE USE THIS POSTER AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT.

AND THIS IS JUST THE HALF OF IT!!!!!!!!

DLRSLAVE
04-04-2004, 03:46 PM
BT I pretty much agree with The Rules. I don't own any van hagar & never will, except BOVN 1 & thats not my fault. I have my CFTH book
on my night stand faithfully. I need to get back on e-bay & purchase
bbq I really do want it. I think you should add 1 more rule. Everyone
should have some type of article that once belonged to Dave. Ex: last summer @ HOB in anaheim after Dave wiped his sweat from his face on a bandana I grabbed it from his hand & I keep it in my CFTH book
next to me on my nightstand.

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by DLRSLAVE
BT I pretty much agree with The Rules. I don't own any van hagar & never will, except BOVN 1 & thats not my fault. I have my CFTH book
should have some type of article that once belonged to Dave. Ex: last summer @ HOB in anaheim after Dave wiped his sweat from his face on a bandana I grabbed it from his hand & I keep it in my CFTH book

You are a woman right? If so there are different rules for the ladies.:D

DLRSLAVE
04-04-2004, 03:53 PM
You are correct... and we have the best rules ;)

pete
04-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Thanks for the link. Just placed an order right now, should get here 4 to 14 days from now.

You'll love it. You can read it, and read it again.

thoroughly enjoyable.

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Lou ,

On behalf of the Army posters. We are all proud of you.:D

Big Troubles
04-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by DLRSLAVE

Yeah I dont know if any guy should really be collecting any dave sweat or not..lol Bandana is cool. But I think Id have to wash it. That includes socks, jocks, shorts and shirts... :lol:

but since your a lady its ok. Even better if your masterbating with it. Ok....New rules....LOL

Lou
04-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Let me just say, this is a great fucking thread. I'm glad finally it's all laid out that these are the expectations, particularly the points on Van Hagar and Slapnuts.

This should be at the top of Main until the Army dies.

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Let me just say, this is a great fucking thread. I'm glad finally it's all laid out that these are the expectations, particularly the points on Van Hagar and Slapnuts.

This should be at the top of Main until the Army dies.

Look Lou,

This thread is meant as a JOKE! If someone believes in even just one of those fucking rules then in my book they are a Roth fan.

Lou
04-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah I know it's tongue in cheek but nevertheless I think it's great.

ELVIS
04-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Tee hee hee...:D

Other-defcon
04-04-2004, 04:57 PM
I have all the VH albums in CD even in tape, I still have the first one in vinyl, I haven't neither DLR nor VAN HAGAR albums, and I don't have the book too!
To my point, Van Halen and Black Sabbath are only existing under the original form; OZZY is a founder member of BS. Without him, no SAB.
For DLR and VH, it is the same.
Van Hagar is maybe cool, and Dave writing are surely interesting, but I don't give a fuck about it. Read above again.

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Other-defcon
I have all the VH albums in CD even in tape, I still have the first one in vinyl, I haven't neither DLR nor VAN HAGAR albums, and I don't have the book too!
To my point, Van Halen and Black Sabbath are only existing under the original form; OZZY is a founder member of BS. Without him, no SAB.
For DLR and VH, it is the same.
Van Hagar is maybe cool, and Dave writing are surely interesting, but I don't give a fuck about it. Read above again.

Salut. Est ce qu'ils ya beaucoup de Van Halens fans en France?

Dr. Love
04-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Great book. Loaned my copy out, never got it back. :(

Rule #7 seems contradictory.

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love

Rule #7 seems contradictory.

Rule # 7 was originally gonna be Please dont compare Kiss to Van Halen or in any way say that Classic Van Halen owes their souls to Gene. :D

Other-defcon
04-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Il y a beaucoup de fans de metal en général, en Europe, et la France n'échappe pas à la règle!!!
Le problème est : il y a troooooooooop longtemps que VH n'est pas venu en France, sous sa forme originale!
Je crois que les gars sont conscients que le jour où la formation d'origine se réunira, ce sera le jackpot assuré; il faudrait juste, pour bien faire, que tout les musiciens ayant fait partie de VH avant 5150 subisse un contrôle fiscal qui les mettrai tous sur la paille, et que leurs placements boursiers se cassent la gueule, de telle sorte qu'il n'y aurait pas d'issue possible, hormis le suicide...
d'abord REFORMATION...puis ALBUM...et enfin : TOUR MONDIAL!!!

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Other-defcon
Il y a beaucoup de fans de metal en général, en Europe, et la France n'échappe pas à la règle!!!
Le problème est : il y a troooooooooop longtemps que VH n'est pas venu en France, sous sa forme originale!
Je crois que les gars sont conscients que le jour où la formation d'origine se réunira, ce sera le jackpot assuré; il faudrait juste, pour bien faire, que tout les musiciens ayant fait partie de VH avant 5150 subisse un contrôle fiscal qui les mettrai tous sur la paille, et que leurs placements boursiers se cassent la gueule, de telle sorte qu'il n'y aurait pas d'issue possible, hormis le suicide...
d'abord REFORMATION...puis ALBUM...et enfin : TOUR MONDIAL!!!

Tres bien. Bienvenue ici mon ami.:D

Other-defcon
04-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Merci, je me sens déjà comme à la maison ici!!!

thefive
04-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Roth Rules or Roth Rules?
LOL

thefive

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=53401

thefive
04-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Ok folks here are the Roth Rules. These are the guidelines to help you follow the path of Rothness.

School of Roth.
3- Must have bought 5150 out of curiousity. Without this album you wouldnt have been able to appreciate the Roth years better.

This is the only rule I didnt do. I am sorry I just can't do this one.
I did hear it on the radio and that saved me some money.

Phoenix is it okay if I didn't do rule # 3

thefive

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=53401

General Hina
04-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Are these the rules to PUSSIES? If so then you Roth only fanatics pass with flying colors.

Over and Out,
General Hina

madraoul
04-04-2004, 09:54 PM

School of Roth.

4-You cannot be an Eddie fan. It is forbidden.Ed must be referred to as the Lying Dutchman or Edvanheineken or in some cases as one of the sisters.

5-Sammy Hagar is Roths sworn enemy. Therefore you cannot like hagar / say you like hagar but prefer Roth / say hagar is a good singer / say that you like some hagar songs / or say that Sammy is in any way shape or form better than Roth.

6- Van Hagar is not cool. You are not allowed to like Van Hagar / say you like some Van Hagar / say you like both eras / or attend any Van Hagar concerts.

8- EEAS is the album that all Van Hagar albums will be judged after. This is the Roth album to have.

9- Crazy From the Heat : This is the Roth bible. You must have a copy of this in order to be a Roth fan. This book has further information on how a Roth fan must behave.

10-Van Hagar Reunion: FORGET ABOUT THIS ONE FOLKS! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THIS FUCKING CHARADE! IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE OUT OF HERE .

I can live with this. The only thing to add is: rock music is supposed to be fun! All sappy love songs by anybody are forbidden. Unless of course you are getting laid at the time. Afterwards, take that lame shit off immediately.

quequekiller
04-04-2004, 10:17 PM
all this shit of roth vs hagar is so funny
i think that fight is a fucking madnees
because
roth rules...roth whit van halen is pure rock and roll
van hagar is rock, but with feeling, but the feeling of the heart, the only love that i see in david lee roth is the love of the sex
and this is the best!!!!!!!

and i love van......halen of course
roth rules
sammy hagar is good
but roth rules
because a balad not is a fucking great rock and "kick in the ass/pata en la raja" roll song

rustoffa
04-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
I can live with this. The only thing to add is: rock music is supposed to be fun! All sappy love songs by anybody are forbidden. Unless of course you are getting laid at the time. Afterwards, take that lame shit off immediately.

yeah, Diver Down is probably as far as it goes.......

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000H3U.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

TMR
04-04-2004, 10:31 PM

School of Roth.

So nice to see these rules...Thank you PHOENIX!!

;)

tjvhou812
04-04-2004, 11:10 PM
yea ok

TMR
04-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Kat

#4 - I like Ed...with Dave. Hate is definitely not in my blood for Ed or Al. But, I will not go see them unless Dave is there.

#8 - EEAS is a great album...but I like DLR Band, YFLM, and ALAE better. :o

Don't qualify....you don't have the DLR BBQ video!
You must hade ED! ...no hesitations...it's a must...PRETEND TO HATE....LOL
:)
Let me re-phrase EEAS is the best album....LOL

madraoul
04-04-2004, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rustoffa
yeah, Diver Down is probably as far as it goes.......

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000H3U.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg [/QUOTE

Keep the shoes, lose the dress fits as well

TMR
04-04-2004, 11:15 PM
tjvhou812 is a LOSER!

LOSER

LOSER

LOSER

LOSER:o

madraoul
04-04-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by TMR
tjvhou812 is a LOSER!

LOSER

LOSER

LOSER

LOSER:o

Gay guys like to walk among straight guys occasionally. Hence Hagaritas!

ZahZoo
04-05-2004, 09:49 AM
I don't agree with the rules... I live by my own... simple as that!!

conmee
04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Gentlemen,

The original rule was simple, at least for webbies: YOU HAD TO BE THERE... I think all the webbies back in the day (yours truly, Pojo, Brownsound, BEM, Von, Hitch even) have seen the ORIGINAL band LIVE in front of our drunken, high, glazed over eyes at least once... Sure, anyone can be a fan (and newer fans are absolutely necessary and vital to continuing the tradition), buy up the latest remastered CDs, etc, but I've got all six original on VINYL, mint condition just like when I bought them, concert shirts that bear the marks of battle in the trenches, and other assorted items like keychains, classic Hit Parade/Circus magazine issues featuring VH, etc...

I suppose it's unfair, being completely dependent on when one is born, but for the old timers, consider us version 1.0 of the VH fan base... the ones who bought the music, went to the concerts, snapped up all the gear at the concerts, requested VH at our local radio stations, and propelled the band to the heights it once reached... and also the fan base that endured the complete and utter heartbreak and nauseating pit in the stomach at the announcement that DLR had left the band...

You can read about, replay it, rewind it, but you really had to be there...

Icon.

ELVIS
04-05-2004, 12:47 PM
I was there!

I also have the VINYL !!

Full Bug
04-05-2004, 01:05 PM
You must read Dave's book is a given, I remember when it first came out, I happened to be on a trip for the first time to Ireland, it wasnt available here yet, so paid big bucks for it over there, spent half the time in a bed and breakfast reading it and not being able to put it down, nice waste of half of a vacation reading the book, but it was worth it, I hope he puts out the rest of it one day.....

Elitest
04-05-2004, 02:56 PM
I was there!

I also have the VINYL !!

i have the vinyl too...

and why does it have to be the BBQ dvd ?

why not the vid ?

:mad:

PHOENIX
04-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Elitest
i have the vinyl too...

and why does it have to be the BBQ dvd ?

why not the vid ?

:mad:

Like i said before there are different rules for the ladies.:D

hitch1969©
04-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by conmee
Gentlemen,

The original rule was simple, at least for webbies: YOU HAD TO BE THERE... I think all the webbies back in the day (yours truly, Pojo, Brownsound, BEM, Von, Hitch even) have seen the ORIGINAL band LIVE in front of our drunken, high, glazed over eyes at least once... Sure, anyone can be a fan (and newer fans are absolutely necessary and vital to continuing the tradition), buy up the latest remastered CDs, etc, but I've got all six original on VINYL, mint condition just like when I bought them, concert shirts that bear the marks of battle in the trenches, and other assorted items like keychains, classic Hit Parade/Circus magazine issues featuring VH, etc...

I suppose it's unfair, being completely dependent on when one is born, but for the old timers, consider us version 1.0 of the VH fan base... the ones who bought the music, went to the concerts, snapped up all the gear at the concerts, requested VH at our local radio stations, and propelled the band to the heights it once reached... and also the fan base that endured the complete and utter heartbreak and nauseating pit in the stomach at the announcement that DLR had left the band...

You can read about, replay it, rewind it, but you really had to be there...

Icon.

DeaR Icon,

Let me be gay on the internet for a minute my shotgunBLASTING grunger pal. I might be chicken hawk to say this, butt that is the coolest fucking thing that I have ever read since Courtney read Kurt's suicide letter at the rally.

Oh well, whatever. Nevermind.

I'm so happy, because today I shaved my head, SLC PUNK!!!

HEROIN BOB!!!

jesus christ dude I am reverting to a previous version of hitch!!! where THE FUCK is ROBERT PALMER???

might as well face it, I am addicted to love

The lights are on... wait wait wait.... didnt Sam and Ed do this in NEW HALEN????

1986? 2004?

GOT YOUR TICKETS FOR VAN HAAR???

uh u hu huh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uhuh uh uh uh

$87.50, pepsi center, Denver.

I AM STONED. i'll take 2, sir!!!!

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh

BREASTS!!

=h69=

hitch1969©
04-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
You must read Dave's book is a given, I remember when it first came out, I happened to be on a trip for the first time to Ireland, it wasnt available here yet, so paid big bucks for it over there, spent half the time in a bed and breakfast reading it and not being able to put it down, nice waste of half of a vacation reading the book, but it was worth it, I hope he puts out the rest of it one day.....

dude kill yourself.

thank you,

=h69=

Steve Savicki
04-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
I don't agree with the rules... I live by my own... simple as that!!
Finally, something you and I agree on.

Originally posted by conmee
for the old timers, consider us version 1.0 of the VH fan base...
Does that mean FORD's next in line to be a webmaster- remembers his line on his interview at Chelle's... "The only way you were a Van Halen fan before me is if you lived in California."

DLR_EngineRoom
04-21-2004, 01:57 PM
]School of Roth.[/SIZE]

a) Check out my DLR quote below. DLR himself does NOT hate EVH, but has repeatedly admitted that EVH doesn't read, and made a mistake with regards to ruining the Van Halen reunion attempt in 1996.

b) Roth LOVED Gary Cherone/Extreme so much that he had Extreme open on his ALAE tour. While it's certainly true that DLR is the ONLY acceptable singer for VH, Gary, in his own right, can/would/continues to kick Hagar's ass in everything and anything you want to compare those two to.

Aside from that, your rules RULE. Now let's get these damn Hagar lovers OFF OUR SITE!

diamonddave@fairwarning.com

jeando
04-21-2004, 02:24 PM
I was there!

I also have the VINYL !!

me too, all six of them and still loving them. although i'm listining to the cd now to spare the vinyl ones.

BrownSound1
06-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Thread from the dead.....Ok, I gotta add something, I do not have in my possesion a copy of the Backyard BBQ video. Really don't want it, because I've seen it already...not my cup of tea. Also, I have not replaced all of my Dave solo albums on CD, BUT I have a get out of jail card on anything I may be lacking like that. What is that you ask? Well I did get to hang with Dave and the band at an Atlanta strip club, as in we were asked to hang. Got to walk in with DA MAN too, which in and of itself elevated my Roth fan status to "the chosen few" level. (Thanks Ray!!)

Eat Me and Smile

MAX
06-21-2004, 09:49 PM
I don't have the BBQ vid either. However, I have a personally autographed EEAS album from '86 that Dave signed for my Dad to give to me. Besides that, I don't give a fuck cos I've been a fuckin' loyal Roth fan since '82. I have everything else in the rulebook (plus attitude) and more.

Hells Belle
06-22-2004, 12:55 AM
I make the rules!

http://www.hellsbelles.info/images/crazyPR1.jpg

MAX
06-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Hells Belle
I make the rules!

http://www.hellsbelles.info/images/crazyPR1.jpg

Yeah and I break them!!! :cool:

Jano
06-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Salut. Est ce qu'ils ya beaucoup de Van Halens fans en France?
-I'm here a VAN HALEN and DAVE 's fan for ever.I even own a CFTE book and the record(vinyl) too .The only thing i can' t find in France it's the DVD "NOBBQ".

Cathedral
06-22-2004, 02:12 AM
GOT ROTH?
Read the book and wear the assless chaps that are Rothness.

VANHALEN2004
06-22-2004, 09:42 AM
You can take these rules and shove em up your ass. Its just a fuckin rock band for crying out loud. Get a Fucking life!!!!!!

"Thou shalt not have any other idols before me"

bobthedog
06-22-2004, 09:48 AM
I heard part of that new Van Hagar song, UP FOR BREAKFAST. It really sucks :))

bobthedog
06-22-2004, 09:50 AM
DEMON-CRATS, GET OUT AND DON'T COME BACK!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE BILLY BOYS OR HILLARIES OR ALGORES !!!!!!!!!!!!

bobthedog
06-22-2004, 09:52 AM
YES WE HAVE CLINTON BOOK BURNINGS GOING ON ACROSS THE NATION.

IT WON'T BE MUCH LONGER IN CIRCULATION :p

bobthedog
06-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

Does that mean FORD's next in line to be a webmaster- remembers his line on his interview at Chelle's... "The only way you were a Van Halen fan before me is if you lived in California."

Originally posted by Steve Savicki

NO MORE DEMON-CRATS !!!!!!!!! TAKE YOUR BILLY, YOUR HILLARY, YOUR ALGORE AND YOUR KERRY AND MOVE TO CHINA !!!!!!!!! ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS GIVE UP THIS COUNTRIES INDEPENDANCE AND GIVE IT TO THE UN !!!!!!!!!!

Terry
06-22-2004, 05:31 PM

School of Roth.

Check

Check

Check

Bah. Ed was an integral part of what made classic VH rock. Will always be a fan of what he did on the 6 pack. definitely not a fan of what comes out of his mouth.

Hagar doesn't even incite me enough to dislike him, Just totally apathetic to the dude. No talent.

6- Van Hagar is not cool. You are not allowed to like Van Hagar / say you like some Van Hagar / say you like both eras / or attend any Van
Hagar concerts.

See 5

Cherone respects the classic lineup. Was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Gets the nod for ressurrecting some long-unheard classic tunes live (fingering his own ass antics to one side)

DLR Band just as essential as EEAS

Book is a great read, no doubt.

Amen