PDA

View Full Version : OK Fuckers..

Alex Mogilny
01-16-2006, 06:11 PM
This forum is fucking dead.

I propose this.

I will send a bootleg cd/dvd/dvd-a to 10 people and we shall discuss it in this forum. I propose to do this once per month. The bootleg will be chosen at my discretion and will be mailed to the 10 designated people.

Ideally the 10 people will not have large collections or download several gigabytes via BT per month. The 10 people should have burn capabilities though to possibly share with other army members.

Post your name in the thread below until we get to 10. The first 10 then PM me your snail mail address and I will mail all 10 copies on the same day so that hopefully everyone gets them around the same time and it will spark some discussion in here.

I would like to limit our resident 10 to only 1 european, sorry folks but mail to the EU can get expensive. Hopefully our resident EU member will then share with other EU Folks!

Let's get this fucker started...I got a killer show to start it off with.

Can I get a sticky!

PS...none of you fucking psychos sign up...you know who you are!

Cato
01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
This forum is fucking dead.

I'm very sorry!

Cato
01-16-2006, 07:29 PM
you got a sticky Alex.

Alex Mogilny
01-16-2006, 07:48 PM
watch...no one will sign up.......

i'm sensing some apathy

..how many you think will sign up?

only time will tell if this thread stands the test of time

Cato
01-17-2006, 02:16 AM
watch...no one will sign up.......

i'm sensing some apathy

..how many you think will sign up?

only time will tell if this thread stands the test of time
you have to show us what boots you put on this TREE. and examine who has burn capability(BRANCH), with their available format(-R,+R), and who doesn't have it(LEAF).

Cato
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
10 branches sound too many. if I have the same DVD(or CD) as that you are gonna put on this, I'll take 5 of 10 people.

Alex Mogilny
01-17-2006, 07:50 AM
It's not a tree thing...the members will have the option to send out.
So, if someone is burnerless they can sign up.

Basically I will give away 10 boots per month to whomever signs up and we can discuss them in this forum...maybe it was a bad idea.

SGV
01-17-2006, 09:31 AM
I'll sign up. I think a discussion of some old shows will be great. I'm sure we'll get a few guitar players talk about Eddie's work. We can talk about Dave's performance, and what songs he was the most consistant on. Discuss the Dave-isms and what rare one-liners he threw out. There is a lot that we can discuss about the shows.

Plus, if a show comes up...and one of the 10 have a better copy, we can get the lower gen show out to the fans.

I have CD and DVD burning capability.

sgv

Lou
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Ooh, ooh I have interest! Hey Alex, to spur some interest why not liberate those Fair Warning demos you used to talk about over at vhtrading.com awhile ago. Better yet, why not answer my e-mails to you proposing trades for that stuff. And where's that Van Hagar, Antioch, TN 8/16/91 show you said you were going to torrent for the sake of proving that you really have hoarded stuff? PHONY!!!!

P.S. Go to diamonddavidleeroth.com for downloads and trees.

Rikk
01-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Ooh, ooh I have interest! Hey Alex, to spur some interest why not liberate those Fair Warning demos you used to talk about over at vhtrading.com awhile ago. Better yet, why not answer my e-mails to you proposing trades for that stuff. And where's that Van Hagar, Antioch, TN 8/16/91 show you said you were going to torrent for the sake of proving that you really have hoarded stuff? PHONY!!!!

You still a virgin, Lou?

Never mind, I just actually read your post and got the obvious answer.

Alex Mogilny
01-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Lou

I thought you were never coming back.

Once I made that post, I was summarily told not to distribute it. I thought it would be ok to let out a Hagar show. I made a mistake. I apologize.

I will never, ever trade with you. NEVER! I don't give a shit if you have a proshot video of VH playing in your fucking Living Room and all you want is a couple of blanks you fuck.

You sent me a PM and countless emails asking me to trade for uncirculated stuff...sholud I post one of them to refresh your memory?
Your fucked up Lou, If you do have ancirculated stuff, which I doubt, you are betraying the trust of the person who gave it to you. I know it was given to you, if you have that is.

Tell me this Lou: what have you done to earn your bootlegs? Are you of the mindset that they are owed to you? That people should not hoard and should share with you? That you are owed these bootlegs beacuse you dig Van Halen?

I was way too young to tape the shows that I dig, which certainly makes you too young. SO....How do guys like us get VH and Zep bootlegs... I'll tell you how I started off I bought a few underground tapes when I was younger and then many years later I discovered VHTrading where I got a ton of shows. I come to find out later that they are MP3s and MP3s are bad...The last guy I traded with..Dr. Reynolds sent me 10 generic discs wrapped in paper towels and all were MP3 and had 2 second gaps....He didn't correct the issue and posted about me being a bad trader.

So...how did I get good VH bootlegs. I placed ads in Goldmine and Record collector. I posted ads in the NY and LA Times. I called indy music stores all over the country networking with various people to find these tapes. I found some. I paid for them with my money and my time. What did you do Lou...did you go the extent that I did? If you did you were given explicit instructions to not let the shows out. You then send me countless emails and PMs to the effect of C'mon man I want to trade uncirculated stuff. I may get permission to let some stuff out one day. I'll do my damnest to try and make sure you never get a copy.

BTW....

You call me a phony....look at the fucking lineages on your trading page???? There is no fucking way that you have access to shit that you claim you have...mainly the Zep lineages.

Fix your fucking lineages. You fucking asswipe.

Your lineages are all wrong. You are frauding people...be careful who you fraud, some people who fraud get deaded by sticks of fire.

Alex Mogilny
01-17-2006, 02:43 PM
From Lou's Trading site:

Led Zeppelin:

New York 2/1/69 Master>DAT 1
San Francisco 4/24/69 Master>DAT 1
Denver 3/25/70 1st gen 2 CD
Belfast 3/5/71 Master>DAT 2 CD
London 11/20/71 1st gen>DAT 2 CD

I couldn't go any further...I'm laughing to hard.

Hey everyone Lou has access to Zeppelin Masters! They are on his trade list.

oooooo wait is this what the fuckers over at royal orleans told you?

Wow, Lou. Fucking 1sr gens from masters on DAT! You are the man. Why don't you sell some of your Zep Dats and buy a house?

I'm done with you now...go away little boy.

ELVIS
01-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Wow!

Nickdfresh
01-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Now that was a classic owning.:D

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/gallery/000073/0172.jpg

Big Troubles
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
It's not a tree thing...the members will have the option to send out.
So, if someone is burnerless they can sign up.

Basically I will give away 10 boots per month to whomever signs up and we can discuss them in this forum...maybe it was a bad idea.

sounds like a great idea. I for one am interested, except I have most of the greatest VH boots with zero burning capability. So something like this wont work for all. But Id love to discuss any boot, in detail, for reminiscing sake. :)

Cato
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Now that was a classic owning.:D

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/gallery/000073/0172.jpg
haha

Cato
01-17-2006, 06:06 PM
From Lou's Trading site:

Led Zeppelin:

as far as I know, Lou even doesn't know what DAT is.

hambon4lif
01-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
[B]Now that was a classic owning.:D Yo Alex, how 'bout sending me one of these boots ya' got going on! (Just to show that you're not a lying sack of Siberian snake shit). PM me with the addy, and I'll send you the discs. Maybe I can join in on your group discussions about it, so c'mon homey....whaddaya say?

Hardrock69
01-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Sounds cool to me.

LOUser is a fucking wannabe homo.

Alex, you owned his ass as he deserved.

:cool:

Rikk
01-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
sounds like a great idea. I for one am interested, except I have most of the greatest VH boots with zero burning capability. So something like this wont work for all. But Id love to discuss any boot, in detail, for reminiscing sake. :)

I thought you left?

Seshmeister
01-18-2006, 12:05 AM
My trade list

"Marriage of Figaro"
First generation DAT Soundboard recording Vienna 5/1/1786

Rikk
01-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
My trade list

"Marriage of Figaro"
First generation DAT Soundboard recording Vienna 5/1/1786

I heard that was not actually from 1786, but actually 1801, and that it's also a really good audience boot that sounds like a soundboard. Which makes your list fraudulent, and I may report you to the Online Trader's Board.

flappo
01-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Lou

Go fuck yourself

:D

Golden AWe
01-18-2006, 09:47 AM
HAHAHAHA

we've got Lou, who swore not to post here anymore, and tampon too

let's throw a party!!!

Alex Mogilny
01-18-2006, 09:52 AM
OK...

So far we have:

SGV
Big Troubles
Hambon4lif
Hardrock69

Also....no one said anything about this being strictly Van Halen boots.

The first thing I will send out will not be Van Halen. This show will be a DVD-A. So you will need a DVD player, hopefully you will have a home theater type system to enjoy the sonic effect of this show.

We have four...we need six more.....

Let's keep waiting for people until Friday.

Big Troubles
01-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
I thought you left?

I did, as you did. Now Im back. Wha, you didn't miss me?

So far you are the first to notice....Ah the love... Im showered in it. :D

Besides, you should know by now that I do and say whatever the fuck I want. Keeps me virile. (Having or showing masculine spirit, strength, vigor, or power.)

Big Fat Sammy
01-18-2006, 12:45 PM
OK...

So far we have:

SGV
Big Troubles
Hambon4lif
Hardrock69

Also....no one said anything about this being strictly Van Halen boots.

The first thing I will send out will not be Van Halen. This show will be a DVD-A. So you will need a DVD player, hopefully you will have a home theater type system to enjoy the sonic effect of this show.

We have four...we need six more.....

Let's keep waiting for people until Friday.

Sign me up...I'll take part, and have a burner as well.
:)

Alex Mogilny
01-18-2006, 12:50 PM
OK...BigFatSammy makes 5...

We're on a roll...maybe we can get LOU to sign up.

I'll send him some Journey MP3s!

Alex Mogilny
01-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Terry makes 6.

We are getting there folks.

Hardrock69
01-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Ahhh the DVD Audio disc.

This will be interesting.

Alex Mogilny
01-18-2006, 06:37 PM
OK we are gonna stop this first round at the 6 people that have signed up.

I have a Predators game tomorrow and have family coming in this weekend...so I am burning discs tonight and getting them in the mail tomorrow.

I need everyone to PM me you mailing addresses if you haven't done so.

Alex Mogilny
01-19-2006, 01:10 PM
The checks are in the mail!

Big Fat Sammy
01-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Cool!

jhale667
01-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Alright, can I get signed up for the next round? Got burner...:D

PS: Lou sucks ;)

Hardrock69
01-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Woot!

Big Fat Sammy
01-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Is this gonna be a DVD or audio?

Its not VH....cant wait to see who it tis....

Cato
01-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Hummm.....this is like a secret club....

fuckhowardstern
01-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Kinda like the three amigos?

Cato
01-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
Kinda like the three amigos?
oh! do you know who they are?

Alex Mogilny
01-20-2006, 08:02 AM
This is a private club.

You must know the secret handshake and password.

PM Lou for details.

Nah...we can get some more in.....I'd like to limit it to 10 people though.

Alex Mogilny
01-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Is this gonna be a DVD or audio?

Its not VH....cant wait to see who it tis....

BigFat Sammy, It is actually a DVD Audio disc.
You will need a DVD Player to play the disc in.

Preferably you have a nice speaker system to enjoy the full effect.

Alex Mogilny
01-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey man, is that freedom rock?

No, it's the bootleg selection of the month.
It can be found in mailboxes starting on Friday! (hopefully)

Band Name; Led Zeppelin
Venue; Memorial Auditorium
City/State/Country; Dallas, Texas, USA
Date; 1973/05/18

Source: ???
Lineage: SBD > Master > Cass > DAT > CDead (Bertha Remaster ?) > DVD-A........don't pay attention to the lineage. It is more than likely wrong. Big thanks to Jay for doing this remaster and sharing it.

Bootleg Title: Dallas Remains the Same

Setlist:
1. Rock and Roll
2. Celebration Day
3. Bring it on Home Intro / Black Dog
4. Over The Hills and Far Away
5. Misty Mountain Hop
6. Since I've Been Loving You
7. No Quarter
8. The Song Remains the Same
9. The Rain Song
10. Dazed and Confused (includes San Francisco)
11. Stairway to Heaven

Source provided by Unklejimbo.
Bertha Remaster by Jay (jashley@deadacated.com).

Hardrock69
01-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Kickass!!!!

I have a lot of Zeppelin boots on Cassette....but none of them are the Dallas show.

Hooray for tchnology!!!

Jimmy Jingles
01-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Sign me up! Sign me up! Sign me up!

I want to partake in this club.

Am I too late?

Hardrock69
01-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Will not play in my JVC DVD player. The JVC is only 2 years old.

Plays fine in WinDVD on my computer.

I will attempt a reburn and see if that solves my problem.

My personal preference also is that if I have a DVD audio of a Led Zeppelin show, I want to see a graphic on my screen of Led Zep, NOT something that makes one wonder if they got a Grateful Dead show by mistake.

;)

All that said....Pagey is out of tune during the first song, and appears by end of the second song (where I am now) that he is living up to his reputation of being a sloppy player.

That said, the sound quality is fucking cool!

You cannot hope to get much closer to zero gen than this, certainly for a soundboard recording.

I would be interested in knowing what was used for the master recording. A cassette deck perhaps?

I am gonna go do some research here on this show.

Plant sounds like he is recovering from a cold or something.

Be right back.

Hardrock69
01-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Jesus....during Black Dog Pagey is WAY the fuck out of tune....

This show was at Memorial Auditorium in Dallas.

In the book "Stairway To Heaven" written by their tour manager Richard Cole, the only thing mentioned about Dallas was that the promoters had rented a rather large house for them to stay in, but then had conveniently forgotten to pay the owner, who showed up late one night with a shotgun, telling them they could not have girls there, and who actually locked the gate to prevent them from leaving without paying him.

They piled into a car, and crashed through the gate, making their escape.

According to the old bio "Hammer Of The Gods", both the Dallas & Houston shows were sold out, and a trio of rich groupies had rented a Learjet to follow them around. They played Ft. Worth the night after this show.

Goddamn...Pagey is so out of tune on "Over The Hills & Far Away" it is not even funny.

I am still marveling over the great sound quality.

Despite the tuning problems and Plants slightly rough voice, you can hear everything extremely well.

Kudos to Alex for turning us onto this amazing show.

Hardrock69
01-20-2006, 11:32 PM
By "Since I've Been Loving You" Plant starts to wail a bit.

Perhaps he just needed to warm up his voice.

Plant says afterwards "I can feel it getting better."

Apparently this show is known in bootleg circles as "Fractured Ribs", as John Paul Jones performed with fractured ribs that night, thouhg I can't find out how he fractured them.

Here is a review posted at this website (a listing of bad Led Zep performances):

http://users.adelphia.net/~despec/show_2.html

This show is plagued with a lot of uninspired play and a very bland soundboard recording that takes what little fun there is in this concert and makes it a bit depressing at times. Nevertheless, there are some good moments during SIBLY and DAC that need to be heard. It's amazing the play contrast between this night and the next night in Fort Worth. The performance is just not up to par with many other May shows (perhaps something to do with Jones' fractured ribs).

The show gets better as time goes on, though overall it is fairly uneven.

I am done with my review.

NEXT!

ELVIS
01-21-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

I have a lot of Zeppelin boots on Cassette....but none of them are the Dallas show.

One is enough...

Alex Mogilny
01-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Zeppelin was sloppy alot...but that is what I dig about the live shows.
Plus you get to hear some variations....like SF in Dazed and Confused.

They played like shit for this show...but I love it.

Sorry it didn't play in your DVD Player.....It plays in mine. I have a sony that's about 4 years old.

I hope no one else has this problem.

Hardrock69
01-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Even on their worst night they were still LED FUCKING ZEPPELIN!
;)

Big Fat Sammy
01-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Sound quality is great!

Plant is a little rough here and there, but Page isn't sloppier than usual (I've heard much worse, like Cleveland 77)...and Bonzo and JPJ hold it together as they always do.

I prefer later era LZ...but this is cool, because of what Alex said...the variation.

:D Thanks!

Hardrock69
01-22-2006, 02:47 AM
They produced an amazing version of Dazed & Confused that night....man...it blew my mind

AGAIN!!!

Alex Mogilny
01-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Anybody else get their copies?

Alex Mogilny
01-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
Sign me up! Sign me up! Sign me up!

I want to partake in this club.

Am I too late?

Bigtroubles didn't PM me his mailing address...so fuck him. He's out; you're in. PM me your mailing address.

Alex Mogilny
01-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Alright, can I get signed up for the next round? Got burner...:D

PS: Lou sucks ;)

PM me your mailing address.

SGV
01-26-2006, 08:51 PM
I received my copy (thanks!) and gave it a quick listen...I've been really busy.

Most of the major points have been said. It's a great show. Excellent sound quality.

For Zep...live is live. I rarely expect "unsloppiness" when listening to one of their live shows.

That's somewhat the appeal. I don't have many of their studio albums... I like hearing them live, though...because I'm going to get the unexpected.

It's the ol' "How do we feel playing this tonight, boys?" mentality... I'll let a couple of my buddies take a listen and see what they think.

sgv

johnlee
01-28-2006, 12:47 AM
Name's Johnlee hook me up; how do I go about giving you my mailing addy?

TwoFoolsAMinute
02-04-2006, 10:56 PM
From Lou's Trading site:

Led Zeppelin:

I couldn't go any further...I'm laughing to hard.

Hey everyone Lou has access to Zeppelin Masters! They are on his trade list.

If you read those lineages and think that means lou has the masters and DAT's, then who's the cunt that can't figure out lineages, you prick.

Alex Mogilny
02-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
If you read those lineages and think that means lou has the masters and DAT's, then who's the cunt that can't figure out lineages, you prick.

You need to learn how to read.

Go back and drink Lou's kool aid.

VanHalener
11-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Send 'em my way brother...

Casemeister
01-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Too late for an Australian member? ;)