PDA

View Full Version : Not Dave's Best Review

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sirius Satellite and XM Radio’s Newest Marketing Tool: David Lee Roth

By: David Schultz

When Howard Stern moved to Sirius Satellite Radio, he became Sirius' strongest argument for attracting people away from terrestrial radio. In the last two weeks, a surprising entrant has emerged to challenge Stern as satellite radio's greatest marketing tool: David Lee Roth.

Since taking the commercial airwaves on January 3rd, Roth's inaugural broadcasts have been scatterbrained messes with little to no coherent thought being applied to the subjects discussed during the most misguided call-in show in recent history. In the absence of guests, well, to be fair, interesting guests, Roth must carry the show with his wit and charm. Instead, Roth falls back on stories of his recent exploits as a New York EMT and rehashes old grudges with Sammy Hagar and Eddie Van Halen. In 1985, when Roth oozed charisma, this might be interesting. In 2006, it's painful radio.

The majority of Roth's show revolves around his monologues on political and social issues. At the core of Roth's problems is his lack of pedigree to credibly offer opinions on many of the weighty issues he wants to discuss. Roth wants listeners to buy into the belief that he is an intelligent, thoughtful social critic without making any effort to build up such a rapport with his audience. To most listeners, David Lee Roth is an increasingly irrelevant, aging rock star. America likely cares no more for his thoughts on President Bush's policies or legislative enactments than they would about Courtney Love's views on health care or Paris Hilton's thoughts on the amendments to the tax code. Before his predecessor Howard Stern confronted politics, he had earned the trust of his audience, generally reserving his strongest, most lucid opinions for issues within his bailiwick as a performer (e.g. censorship, the FCC) or as a longtime New Yorker (e.g. daytime highway construction, living in New York after 9/11).

Roth attempts to confront and discuss a wide variety of issues on his show, inviting listeners to call in and join the discussion. When the subjects are entertainment related, especially with respect to musician's behavior, Roth is in his element, obviously having a large reservoir of knowledge on the topic. When he wants to discuss politically charged issues like the recent New York City transit strike or the war in Iraq, Roth's glib, easy answer persona fails him to miserable, horrific degrees.

When discussing weighty topics, he sounds like a moderately educated person simplistically and unconvincingly arguing about issues that are beyond the full breadth of his comprehension. In relating his views on the Iraqi War, Roth mashed his thoughts on Bush's reasons for going to war, America's conduct of the war and our continued presence in the country into one muddled, confusing argument. Before you could make an effort to parse through what Roth thought he was trying to say, Linda, one of his foils chimed in, a la Britney Spears, that she follows and believes in whatever our President does because it's wartime, he's our Commander In Chief and deserves our respect and trust without question. When a listener phoned in to chide Linda for her slavish worship, Roth dismissed the caller thanking him for calling in to humiliate himself, leaving his friend's blind allegiance unquestioned.

In the 80s, Roth showed enormous charisma and a sense of humor in his "Diamond Dave" persona. Sadly, all of those character traits are absent from his morning program. When the discussion turns to the music and entertainment industry, Roth shows glimmers of interest. Given that Van Halen continued under the same name after Sammy Hagar replaced Roth, his views on whether a Freddie Mercury-less band should still call themselves Queen had some weight behind them, even if tinged by his remaining bitterness for those who participated in Van Halen version 2.0. Similarly, when Roth confronted an author who had written a book about an extraterrestrial influence in rock and roll, Roth relied on his own experiences with egocentric musicians to express skepticism in the author's thin premise.

Unfortunately for his audience, Roth rarely stays grounded in areas he can comfortably and knowledgably discuss. An early diatribe against gun control, early in his first week on the air, typified Roth's elocutionary failures. In supporting his view that America requires better education on guns rather than gun control, Roth told a surprisingly riveting tale of a delusional ex-convict attempting to kidnap his father, a 56-year-old physician, at gunpoint. The incident, which occurred in his father's medical office, concluded with his father disarming the kidnapper with his bare hands before escaping out a back door. Throughout this story, Roth remained completely oblivious to the fact that he supported his argument for the unlimited right to purchase weapons with an anecdote involving an unarmed man in his mid-fifties (albeit with a black belt in karate) eluding a psychopathic gunman without the use of a weapon which Roth wishes everyone to have free access. Ignoring the fact that restricting weapons might have prevented his father from having one pointed at him, Roth proudly announced that he purchased a gun and slept with it under his pillow until the police captured the gunman. Regardless of whether you agree with his political views, Roth's ineptness as a political pundit or coherent social commentator predominates the entire discussion.

Unless Roth significantly improves, his time on commercial radio may be limited to how long it takes Infinity Broadcasting to figure out how to bring Adam Carolla's program over from the west coast. Somewhere in the entertainment graveyard, a crypt houses the corpses of The Chevy Chase Show and The Magic Hour. The caretaker should start preparations to receive the David Lee Roth radio program, it is arriving soon.

audiospectrum
01-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow, heavy. I really hope that this isn't at all true. It pains me to hear that Roth may have lost touch, especially dismissing the caller for pulling up Linda on her pro-war stance. Hmmm... Is this really what is going on?? Ah Dave, but your music doesn't lie.

Brett
01-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Be careful man, posting reviews like this calls out the dogs.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Be careful man, posting reviews like this calls out the dogs.

I hear ya, B....

But I'm just the messenger. When I get a google alert under DLR News I post it if it hasn't already been done....

Dave's a big boy, and can take the heat if it comes, and I'm all in favor of hearing The Good, The Bad, and The Coyote Ugly.....

I'm just sayin......don't shoot the messenger.

I've been foursquare against this gig from the git-go, and my views on the sleeze that are "radio personalities" is well known.

I prefer to remember Dave as he was/could be........

The motherfuckingist motherfucking frontman that ever fucking walked.

I'd rather he taken up professional alligator rasslin' than being a fucking D-J :rolleyes:

Which is why I'll never, ever, ever listen to 2 seconds of it.

But I will post anything that comes across that may be post-worthy.

But I hear ya, bro
:cool:

Seshmeister
01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
When discussing weighty topics, he sounds like a moderately educated person simplistically and unconvincingly arguing about issues that are beyond the full breadth of his comprehension. In relating his views on the Iraqi War, Roth mashed his thoughts on Bush's reasons for going to war, America's conduct of the war and our continued presence in the country into one muddled, confusing argument. Before you could make an effort to parse through what Roth thought he was trying to say, Linda, one of his foils chimed in, a la Britney Spears, that she follows and believes in whatever our President does because it's wartime, he's our Commander In Chief and deserves our respect and trust without question. When a listener phoned in to chide Linda for her slavish worship, Roth dismissed the caller thanking him for calling in to humiliate himself, leaving his friend's blind allegiance unquestioned.

Can't disagree with a word of that. It was the worst hour of the show so far. It was kind of worrying today when his bodyguard had to tell him who Franklin Roosevelt was too.

It's a harsh review though because there is plenty of good stuff and funny shit in the show too but Roth needs to stick to light issues, drinking stories and entertainment.

Every day he says he only reads page 6 of the newspaper, the showbiz news yet seems to think his opinion on everything else is so expert that there is no other possibility.

There are arguments pro and against Iraq but Dave's pro argument is senseless saying that if we hadn't invaded then all the life support machines in the US would have had to be switched off due to a lack of fuel.

If someone says what about all the dead civilians after calling them a retard and turning them down he responds that Saddam used to kill 500 000 a day and if the US gets his oil then it's fine because the chances are someone in the US will invent a cure for cancer.

It's painful stuff but fortuntely he's only had Iraq as a subject for about 2 hours out of 48 so far.

He was saying today how the Rolling Stones new album sucked because everyone needs to listen to their producer to help them and get the best out of them totally oblivious to the fact that he fell out with his on day one of the show and when he produced Skyscraper it fucked up his solo career.

"I've been lucky with producers" he said without a hint of irony...

That said I enjoy the show and listen to all of it every day because there are plenty of nuggets of good stuff.

Cheers!

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Well said, sesh......

Brett
01-18-2006, 08:04 PM
The downloads I've listened to haven't dealt with the Iraqi war much, guess I happily managed to avoid those parts.

Guitar Shark
01-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
There are arguments pro and against Iraq but Dave's pro argument is senseless saying that if we hadn't invaded then all the life support machines in the US would have had to be switched off due to a lack of fuel.

Please tell me you made this part up...

Seshmeister
01-18-2006, 08:08 PM
He's said it at least 4 times now...

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
He was being sarcastic / facetious I'm sure......

hitch1969©
01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Please tell me you made this part up...

NaH thats pretty much what he said. But then again like his gun argument, he contradicts at times and plays devils advocate.

I like the review. But I think the guy doesnt get it

Roth's show is fabulous if you are a VH / Roth fan.

Brett
01-18-2006, 08:15 PM
I think if you're a Dave fan, it's great, I'm not sure VH fans really care. He spends more time ripping on his former bandmates than anything else.

Warham
01-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Well-written review.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Well-written review.

Hmmmmm.

I have to respect this post........having not heard 1 minute thus far.

Itch68 and Warpig concur.....well...

It sounded plausible to me

Here's my take, and you can take it for what it's worth.......which aint much. :D

Dave is regretting this move.

I said it. :cool:

At one time he thought to himself....."I've done everything else, and gone past 11 doing it...." ...."why the fuck not topple this mountain" It'll be a gas......

FOR THE FIRST WEEK, DAVE.

Then it settles in....... His realization that he now has a Job

Fuck, a Job

Not rescuing jumpers and delivering babies as an EMT, not belting out CVH and living life on the road...........

Going to a fucking job in a fucking office Monday through FUCKING Friday.....

" Holy Shit", Dave shouts........How the FUCK did this happen??????

He now is looking for an out, or at least a Detour.....

The caged bird rarely sings.........

Dave would have been better off being a "temporary replacement" leaving the timeframe and outs ON HIS TERMS.....

Now, if he wants out, or doesn't like it anymore, it'll be perceived as a failure, and not by his choice.

But what the fuck do I know........I'm just pissed Hitch didn't invite me to Brokeback Mountain with he, FHS, Nick, and Jesterstar......

thome
01-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Jeez Dudes it's a morning Radio Show

Give it some time. Win or Loose it's as good or better that every
other show on every other station, who Plays The Morning fukkin

ZOO!!!!. I am very interested in Daves format you cat's
want once again to, RULE THE WORLD.

It's not my show it's Daves and I, like you, have listened since i was
12 or thirteen to the fuk ZOO wackadoo BS DAY after DAY

This show is refreshing continuosly Void of Retarded People
being made fun of an Fecal humor.If you need me to be any
more candid I can't .

Your pre predictions of It's failure are just as impresive as Nostradamas "picked the twin towers to fall "your not takeing
a chance at all with those thin 50/50 comments.

Take a chance.... Bet me Daves show will Change every station
coast to coast into a stronger aproach and tighten thier asses up.

I take one !!!!!Dave or no Dave He has attracted more people to INTERNET Radio than Stern has to Sattelite.............

Internet Radio will be bigger than sattelite STERN has Fukked up and is running scared.

Roth On You Muthas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

P.c. -not- P.S..........I still luv ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by thome

This show is refreshing continuosly Void of Retarded People

Yeah, but you'll call in eventually ........

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Jeez Dudes it's a morning Radio Show

Exactly, Gump.....

It's below him......

The Obvious Fairie can't find your trailer?

thome
01-18-2006, 10:32 PM
This from a Dude who has a--- picture---- of johnny Depp --PLAYING--

Hunter Thompson .What's the matter Nancy too afraid of The Real Man?.

Your AV of that tool Depp is just pathetic. So there na na na.

Before you get any ideas at least i don't have a picture in my av
of a -poop butt- actor- playing- Iron Man.I honor the actual artist
who created it not some silly facsimile .

And thank you for pointing out what <<<<[YOU]>>>>>> THINK IS <<<BELOW BELOW>>> Mr Roth THE OUT -LINE AND PURPOSE OF THE SITE YOU POST ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it up come clean, who's the gump??

Is it that you are a Dave fan but Must Post against everything I say .

Can you not find a reason to think you made a dumb ass statement
and your AV is asinine.

Get over yourself .

Daves show is Great Needs work, stand behind something thru thick or thin unlike how you treat our Government in your political views
which once again are the Views of where YOU LIVE move to France
like Depp he bitches about America and lives overseas You Sh@t in your own pool GUMP!!

I used to let your, gump this, trailer that ,high school scare tactics
role of my shoulder, so you are starting to get to me, My Bad.

I am -above- letting you piss me off but you need to lay of the
name calling and grow the fuk up .You are -Lowering- me to your level.

I consider myself -Above- that.

Once again ,I don't judge you completely on your disdain of me.
You are a good contributor to this site yet, somewhat an ass.

:)

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 10:44 PM

unlike how you treat our Government in your political views
which once again are the Views of where YOU LIVE move to France
like Depp he bitches about America and lives overseas You Sh@t in your own pool GUMP!!

And there it is ...... :D

The Cuntservative neo-con sheep are starting to crack. LMMFAO

Everything pisses 'em off now.

Look in the mirror, skippy. Your "look how dum i can bee" schtick grew old, and now you're a parody of yourself.

Sorry I shattered your little morning Dave bubble........

:rolleyes:

Just don't kick the dog. :cool:

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 10:46 PM

And thank you for pointing out what <<<<[YOU]>>>>>> THINK IS <<<BELOW BELOW>>> Mr Roth THE OUT -LINE AND PURPOSE OF THE SITE YOU POST ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome. :cool:

Like that arrow button, huh Clem?

There's others. Check 'em out.

thome
01-18-2006, 10:51 PM
In between -think is- was arrow- Below- arrow, it didn't come up after i submitted the post so i went to edit went back and re-wrote< Below>
and it still didn't post Wierd Huh?

You are a funny fella, Carl, Huh?

spmusicplyr
01-18-2006, 11:11 PM
i download the mp3's of the entire show from the van halen news desk....so im at my desk from 9-5 and that gives me a chance to listen to all 4 hours as the whole day goes by...

dave has never done radio and i know he needs to get his feet wet and all ...so i just really hope he can get it together....

4 million a year...4 years...thats 16 mil, man...aside from 2002, i doubt that guy's really made a whole lot of money, cause he took it in the shorts for almost 700K on the no holds bbq...

one thing dave's always been was a good entertainer. i think he's trying something new..

he'll figure it out. i read somewhere that no matter what, he's gonna have at least 18 months to get his feet wet before they make any decisions, and tom chiusano said so far so good for him...so maybe its not gonna be all that bad.

hell the guy cant really sing anymore so this is his last chance to really utilize his full potential...and i think he can do it. at least, i hope so!

cause i dont want to see him flop. what i'd really love is for carrola to flop and for them to carry dave out here in LA.

Seshmeister
01-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by hitch1969©
NaH thats pretty much what he said. But then again like his gun argument, he contradicts at times and plays devils advocate.

I like the review. But I think the guy doesnt get it

Roth's show is fabulous if you are a VH / Roth fan.

Absolutely but he isn't playing Devils Advocate on most of the issues at all.

You hear radio guys come out with shit just to get calls but Roth doesn't need the calls or let them speak in any case.

As you say Hitchoid it is the best thing that has happened to us sad fucks that follow this nonsense on the internet in 10 years. Also I'm cuntvinced that if he somehow pulls it off the greed of the VH girls will lead to a reunion which Roth seems to be even more obsessed about than the worst of us.

Cheers!

thome
01-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Absolutely but he isn't playing Devils Advocate on most of the issues at all.

You hear radio guys come out with shit just to get calls but Roth doesn't need the calls or let them speak in any case.

As you say Hitchoid it is the best thing that has happened to us sad fucks that follow this nonsense on the internet in 10 years. Also I'm cuntvinced that if he somehow pulls it off the greed of the VH girls will lead to a reunion which Roth seems to be even more obsessed about than the worst of us.

Cheers!

Dave does incessantly interupt his callers. Makes for a more interesting conversation.??Or the Phone delay makes it sound like
that to us andDave ?? I hear both -ends- of the phone calls complaining ??

doctor roth
01-19-2006, 01:34 AM
All the bad press has gotta be expected. And it will continue right up to the day he finishes. Dave is a love him or hate him kinda guy. His persona does not enduce a luc warm reaction.

The only concern i have is that the show will go over alot of peoples heads. Dave as a front man didnt have to be understood to be enjoyed. Those who didnt get the lyrics and the tounge in cheek humor could tap their feet to the beat. Radio is a different story. If you dont like the person or what hes got to say there is no reason to listen in to daves show. HAVE FAITH THOUGH.

ELVIS
01-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by doctor roth

The only concern i have is that the show will go over alot of peoples heads.

I don't know about that...

doctor roth
01-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Im just refering to the way Roth communicates. DLR has a distinct way of getting what he means across i just thisnk alot of people mis read his meaning eg the whole oil and life support thing

doctor roth
01-19-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I don't know about that...

For once you're giving people too much credit elvis !!!!! The general radio listening public contains alot of morons

Seshmeister
01-19-2006, 05:14 AM
Im just refering to the way Roth communicates. DLR has a distinct way of getting what he means across i just thisnk alot of people mis read his meaning eg the whole oil and life support thing

What did we all misread?

Golden AWe
01-19-2006, 05:35 AM
"his meaning eg the whole oil"

is this about his penis?

doctor roth
01-19-2006, 06:29 AM
What did we all misread?

I didnt say anyone in here mis understood anything. Im saying alot of people in the general public (possible radio listeners) dont always understand the things roth says, they Misinterpret the meaning entirely.

In other words: alot of people dont identify with daves humor. I gauge this from people i know to whom i have played interviews, and at the end of it say; "what the fuck is he talking about, ? Thats not funny"

I know the members of this site dig all the rothisms etc etc. The question is: Are there enough people listening to the radio who are on the same page as we are ????

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Brett
I think if you're a Dave fan, it's great, I'm not sure VH fans really care. He spends more time ripping on his former bandmates than anything else.

for heaven's sake...brett did you ever listen to ONE show???

flappo
01-19-2006, 09:55 AM
i did , overall i found them to be bloody awful

bring back terry wogan !

Big Train
01-19-2006, 10:52 AM
That article, like many others in the NY press are such revisionist history it's sad. Making Howard some kind of saint and revolutionary, when you can listen to his shit on satellite and see how incorrect that is, is sad.

Dave is NOT Howard. I understand NY's need for Howard, they are being weened. Dave took this gig, which most others in hindsight were scared shitless to take and he is taking the associated heat. No guts, no glory. He is doing the show his way and it seems to be bothering them.

If Dave or anyone came in and did a show like Howard, they would be blasted for being imitators to the throne. If you come in and do something different, your no Howard Stern. It's stupid and some useless journalists opinion isn't going to change that.

I love how all those who ranted against Stern on the air performances now find him quaint and "entertaining" on satellite. The "revelations" they are doing aren't exactly classic radio.

This asshole's comments on Dave (numerous, which most coward writers use) as an "aging 80's star" DOES NOT apply to Howard? The man just fucking admitted to 2 plastic surgery procedures and I'm sure he has had more work than that.

All I'm sayin is that Howard is getting a free pass and Dave is taking a lot of unfair heat.

Baby's On Fire
01-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Can't disagree with a word of that. It was the worst hour of the show so far. It was kind of worrying today when his bodyguard had to tell him who Franklin Roosevelt was too.

It's a harsh review though because there is plenty of good stuff and funny shit in the show too but Roth needs to stick to light issues, drinking stories and entertainment.

Every day he says he only reads page 6 of the newspaper, the showbiz news yet seems to think his opinion on everything else is so expert that there is no other possibility.

If someone says what about all the dead civilians after calling them a retard and turning them down he responds that Saddam used to kill 500 000 a day and if the US gets his oil then it's fine because the chances are someone in the US will invent a cure for cancer.

It's painful stuff but fortuntely he's only had Iraq as a subject for about 2 hours out of 48 so far.

He was saying today how the Rolling Stones new album sucked because everyone needs to listen to their producer to help them and get the best out of them totally oblivious to the fact that he fell out with his on day one of the show and when he produced Skyscraper it fucked up his solo career.

"I've been lucky with producers" he said without a hint of irony...

That said I enjoy the show and listen to all of it every day because there are plenty of nuggets of good stuff.

Cheers!

Dave made a total DICK of himself on the animal love and affection topic.

HE'S WAS DEAD WRONG!!! Pretty much every caller disagreed with him as did his sidekick. And Dave kept cutting everyone off who voiced an opinion and experience with their own animals.

Dave is FULL OF SHIT when he says he's had pets all his lfe.....he clearly has not. Any pet he might have had probably didn't even know who he was......he was on the road 10 months a year.

audiospectrum
01-23-2006, 05:01 PM

I gauge this from people i know to whom i have played interviews, and at the end of it say; "what the fuck is he talking about, ? Thats not funny"

Hey Doc my man, who are you talking about here?? Which num-nutted mate made that call? Flanders?? Barrel?? Cupcake?? But I goota admit sometimes Dave can be so fast that you gotta play it back a second time to fully get it. He's a quick one that Roth character.

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Dave made a total DICK of himself on the animal love and affection topic.

HE'S WAS DEAD WRONG!!! Pretty much every caller disagreed with him as did his sidekick. And Dave kept cutting everyone off who voiced an opinion and experience with their own animals.

Dave is FULL OF SHIT when he says he's had pets all his lfe.....he clearly has not. Any pet he might have had probably didn't even know who he was......he was on the road 10 months a year.

Please elaborate!! What did Dave say?? I wanna know, I'm a knowledge hog.

ELVIS
01-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, bad publicity isn't necessarily bad...

:elvis:

DavidLeeNatra
01-23-2006, 05:17 PM

we learned that from 1978 to 1985...

jhale667
01-23-2006, 05:19 PM

I used to work for one of the big-three music industry rags ( in addition to all the other crap I've done :D )...there was a saying: "Ink am ink"---doesn't matter if it's good press or bad, people are talking about you......:D

ELVIS
01-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Exactly...

LoungeMachine
01-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I stand by what I said.....

If Dave could go back and make this a "temp" gig, so he could leave at anytime without appearing to quit due to ratings/bad press....he would.

It's a job now. 9-5, monday thru friday. Everything but the timeclock.

And he's going to hate it. quick.

DavidLeeNatra
01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
it was oscar wilde who said "the only thing that is worse than people talking bad about you is if they don't talk about you at all"

CVH Rulz
01-23-2006, 06:10 PM
I stand by what I said.....

If Dave could go back and make this a "temp" gig, so he could leave at anytime without appearing to quit due to ratings/bad press....he would.

It's a job now. 9-5, monday thru friday. Everything but the timeclock.

And he's going to hate it. quick.

Considering you haven't heard one word of the show, I'm assuming you pulled that out of your ass. :rolleyes:

Dave's having a great time, and you can tell he thinks he's doing a great job. He's ended many shows telling everyone "excellent show today" thinking he was already off the air. I'm sure people have told him there have been some negative reviews, but I don't think he gives a rat's ass what some bloggers have to say.

He said today he doesn't read reviews. He said the good ones are never good enough, and the bad ones may ruin your lunch.

He's having the time of his life, and there's no fucking way he's thinking about quitting. Try listening to him every day like the rest of us before you attempt to tell us what he is thinking.

LoungeMachine
01-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by CVH Rulz

Try listening to him every day like the rest of us before you attempt to tell us what he is thinking.

Fuck that.

I'll give my opinion on anything anytime I please.

And what I said obviously went waaay over your head.

I never said he wasn't enjoying it NOW , dipshit.

:rolleyes:

3 months from now? 6 months? A Year?????

Nevermind .

Who are you, again?

CVH Rulz
01-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Dave is regretting this move.

He is looking for an out, or at least a Detour.....

Yeah, that's way over my head. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by CVH Rulz
Yeah, that's way over my head. :rolleyes:

Obviously.:cool:

NATEDOG001976
01-23-2006, 08:12 PM
I enjoy the show. I think Roth is doing at great job. I just hope he still will make more music soon!

ELVIS
01-23-2006, 08:36 PM
I give it a 10, Dick, because it has a good beat and I can dance to it...

LoungeMachine
01-23-2006, 08:38 PM

Too. Many. Jokes.

Must control self :D :D :D

Ya lob a softball like that, and expect us not to swing, E?

ELVIS
01-23-2006, 08:39 PM
:D

jslav06
01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I'd rather have Dave than the clown I have - Sebastian... I have NEVER heard anybody so boring in my entire life.

Dave's PA Rental
01-23-2006, 08:44 PM

ahh...what movie was that line in...?

Stripes? Sounds like a Bill Murray line...

Seshmeister
01-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by jslav06
I'd rather have Dave than the clown I have - Sebastian... I have NEVER heard anybody so boring in my entire life.

I hope that's not Sebastian Bach. I can't imagine 4 hours of that a day...:)

rustoffa
01-23-2006, 11:06 PM
For what it's worth, I think it's still too early to call. Shit, for all I know, the suits might have insisted he cut his teeth slowly, with familiar faces in the guest chair. Make no mistake, the suits knew about the microscope before Dave hit the petree dish.

I've noticed alot of callers' that really don't come off as hard rock historians....

This is a tough fucking gig.

We'll see.

jslav06
01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
I hope that's not Sebastian Bach. I can't imagine 4 hours of that a day...:)

Actually, 4 hours of Sebastian Bach would be a major improvement.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Lloyd Grove is The Daily News' newest gossip columnist, joining us from The Washington Post, where he wrote the widely read 'Reliable Source' column.
E-mail:
lgrove@ edit.nydailynews.com

In radioland, it's the
sour grapes of Roth

David Lee Roth's antics are said to be an outrage to some at station 92.3 Free FM.

Looks like rock-star-turned-shock-jock David Lee Roth is having an ugly launch as Howard Stern's successor, with radio station staffers grumbling about Roth's allegedly bad behavior.
My sources at 92.3 Free FM - formerly K-Rock - tell me that the former Van Halen front man and his manager, Matt Sencio, "are totally out of control and out of their league when it comes to producing a radio show," as one disgruntled employee put it.

"This guy [Roth] is impossible to work with. A real arrogant, self-righteous a-," says a Lowdown spy. "All the execs know they made the two biggest errors in radio history - letting Stern go to Sirius and hiring this moron Roth. He never preps for a show. He is out the door five minutes after the show, unless he is 'forced' to record a commercial or re-record ones he made errors on."

According to the anti-Roth faction, he demanded that general manager Tom Chiusano do expensive renovations on Stern's old studio, then refused to use it, claiming asbestos infestation. He ripped down the walls of a temporary studio because of suspected dust behind the walls.

"He swears he is allergic to dust and smoke, but smells like an ashtray," says the spy.

The source also says Roth's manager got into a shouting match with program director Mark Chernoff on one of the first few days of the show. Then, the spy says, "Roth insisted on decorating the halls and studios, and then he had a moving company come in and remove dozens of pictures and his fake palm trees while he mumbled about Tom and the bastards at Infinity," he said.

In addition, said the source, Roth "hates Tom and is vocal about that to almost everyone he talks at. It's almost like he wants to get fired, and take the money and run."

My detailed messages to various and sundry went unreturned yesterday, and a station spokeswoman declined to comment.

Golden AWe
01-24-2006, 06:20 AM
Lloyd Grove is The Daily News' newest gossip columnist, joining us from The Washington Post, where he wrote the widely read 'Reliable Source' column.
E-mail:
lgrove@ edit.nydailynews.com

In radioland, it's the
sour grapes of Roth

David Lee Roth's antics are said to be an outrage to some at station 92.3 Free FM.

Looks like rock-star-turned-shock-jock David Lee Roth is having an ugly launch as Howard Stern's successor, with radio station staffers grumbling about Roth's allegedly bad behavior.
My sources at 92.3 Free FM - formerly K-Rock - tell me that the former Van Halen front man and his manager, Matt Sencio, "are totally out of control and out of their league when it comes to producing a radio show," as one disgruntled employee put it.

"This guy [Roth] is impossible to work with. A real arrogant, self-righteous a-," says a Lowdown spy. "All the execs know they made the two biggest errors in radio history - letting Stern go to Sirius and hiring this moron Roth. He never preps for a show. He is out the door five minutes after the show, unless he is 'forced' to record a commercial or re-record ones he made errors on."

According to the anti-Roth faction, he demanded that general manager Tom Chiusano do expensive renovations on Stern's old studio, then refused to use it, claiming asbestos infestation. He ripped down the walls of a temporary studio because of suspected dust behind the walls.

"He swears he is allergic to dust and smoke, but smells like an ashtray," says the spy.

The source also says Roth's manager got into a shouting match with program director Mark Chernoff on one of the first few days of the show. Then, the spy says, "Roth insisted on decorating the halls and studios, and then he had a moving company come in and remove dozens of pictures and his fake palm trees while he mumbled about Tom and the bastards at Infinity," he said.

In addition, said the source, Roth "hates Tom and is vocal about that to almost everyone he talks at. It's almost like he wants to get fired, and take the money and run."

My detailed messages to various and sundry went unreturned yesterday, and a station spokeswoman declined to comment.

ahahahahah!!!

sounds EXCELLENT!!!

Golden AWe
01-24-2006, 06:22 AM
i'm getting more and more excited about this gig!!!

one thing is for sure

DAVE IS NOT AVERAGE!!!