PDA

View Full Version : How many people have bought tickets thinking it really is Van Halen ?

Panamark
04-05-2004, 06:09 AM
Im just wondering, how many people have been duped into believing this Van Hagar bullshit is actually Van Halen, and mistakenly bought
tickets. If you were Joe Average who doesnt visit Van Halen websites
and you heard "Van Halen Reunion" advertised (without specifics) you would probably rush out and buy a ticket. I really feel sorry for those that have done this, then realize its not actually Van Halen.

I think this is a legitimate question, with fuck all media coverage and
specifics, plus radio promotions that play Dave's songs, you could
understand how a mistake could be made in that moment of excitement. Those poor poor people.

FORD
04-05-2004, 10:23 AM
If that's the case, look for riots at these shows that will make the 1992 GnR/Metallica tour look like a Boy Scouts convention.

L.S.D.
04-05-2004, 10:25 AM
nobody is that dumb. And in case all you rothtards forgot, to alot of fans and people in the mainstream....this is Van halen.

FORD
04-05-2004, 10:30 AM
"to alot of fans and people in the mainstream" Puff Daddy is a musician. Doesn't mean it's true.

Big Troubles
04-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Listen Little Soft Dick, Van Halen is going to sell out their shows based on the the name Van Halen, NOT based on who's singing. If it was based on that, and that alone, they'd be fucked. Do u remember when Gary joined the group? There was a fucking parade, and all the media was hyped to the shits? Well, it worked out kinda crappy. Ed and the boys looked liked tools. So they are not making that mistake twice with Sammy. They know, they are selling tickets because its been 9 years since anyone seen VH. Watch what happens at the end of this tour. They will drop Sam, give Dave a call, and make some real waves. If Ed has 11 albums worth of material, then why is it that they are releasing a Best Of with 3 new songs? Baby Steps...But this time, they are saying that to Sam instead of Dave.

L.S.D.
04-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Listen Little Soft Dick, Van Halen is going to sell out their shows based on the the name Van Halen, NOT based on who's singing. If it was based on that, and that alone, they'd be fucked. Do u remember when Gary joined the group? There was a fucking parade, and all the media was hyped to the shits? Well, it worked out kinda crappy. Ed and the boys looked liked tools. So they are not making that mistake twice with Sammy. They know, they are selling tickets because its been 9 years since anyone seen VH. Watch what happens at the end of this tour. They will drop Sam, give Dave a call, and make some real waves. If Ed has 11 albums worth of material, then why is it that they are releasing a Best Of with 3 new songs? Baby Steps...But this time, they are saying that to Sam instead of Dave.

Are you fucking kidding me? Then why douldnt they call dlr now? They dont need him. When you will u fuckheads learn that van halen w/ hagar has plenty of fans, its in the ticketsales....and that hurts all of you claiming it would flop, when really, it is suceeding to the poing of adding more shows in st. louis, las vegas, worcester, and california, truth hurts dont it?

Sarge
04-05-2004, 12:29 PM
The casual fan.. might think it's DLR.
THat is the only Van Halen you hear on the Radio anymore!

L.S.D.
04-05-2004, 12:30 PM
nobody is that dumb.

VHClint
04-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Most of the adds around here say: Van Halen...with Sammy, Michael, Alex, and Eddie. So I think that at least 85% of people who buy tickets know what they are getting.

Big Troubles
04-05-2004, 01:05 PM
I heard the announcement this morning for Van Halen reunion hittting Toronto around the 3rd of July I believe. Tickets go on sale June something or other. Then they kick into And the cradle will rock....

Now what does that tell you? Most people know VH by hearing Daves voice. Enough said.

VH LINKS SUCKS
04-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
nobody is that dumb.

Apparently you are!;) L.S.D. ( aka: Love Sucking Dick )

Calderone
04-05-2004, 01:53 PM
"nobody is that dumb"
Im sure someone will buy thinkin its DLR
Specially if the radio commercials
includes classic vh songs to promote the fake tour
THIS ISN'T a reunion AT ALL !

Sarge
04-05-2004, 03:32 PM
People are that dumb if you play a DLR intro for their fake tour!

PHOENIX
04-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
People are that dumb if you play a DLR intro for their fake tour!

My radio staion mentioned the Reunion and then went ahead and played Dance the Night Away. Go figure:D

Warham
04-05-2004, 04:41 PM
That in itself is the punchline to the joke. They announce a Sammy reunion, then play a Roth song to hit him in the gut. Ha! Out of the Sammy catalogue of songs with VH (which is like 30+), they pick one of the Dave gems (all of them are gems actually). Now that's classic.

beto
04-05-2004, 04:51 PM
nobody is that dumb. And in case all you rothtards forgot, to alot of fans and people in the mainstream....this is Van halen.

nobody is that dumb wrong. your not just dumb your a sam fagot hagar fan. cock sucker

PHOENIX
04-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by beto
nobody is that dumb wrong. your not just dumb your a sam fagot hagar fan. cock sucker

We Montrealers really swear a lot.:D

tjvhou812
04-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Im just wondering, how many people have been duped into believing this Van Hagar bullshit is actually Van Halen, and mistakenly bought
tickets. If you were Joe Average who doesnt visit Van Halen websites
and you heard "Van Halen Reunion" advertised (without specifics) you would probably rush out and buy a ticket. I really feel sorry for those that have done this, then realize its not actually Van Halen.

I think this is a legitimate question, with fuck all media coverage and
specifics, plus radio promotions that play Dave's songs, you could
understand how a mistake could be made in that moment of excitement. Those poor poor people.

van halen is vh w/sam or dave so get over it

ian_doherty
04-06-2004, 12:22 AM
LSD - Hagar sucks ass and you know it.

Panamark
04-06-2004, 04:49 AM
nobody is that dumb.

Wrong. I already know of fans who heard the radio promotions (which featured all Dave songs) and thought it was the real deal.

How fucked up does that make you feel ? Spammy is singing on this tour and they dont even use his material to promote it.

As I said before, if the Radio station says " Van Halen Reunion" then plays all Dave songs. What the hell are you meant to think?
(If you didnt visit these websites or had read about it in the papers).

Of course there will be people that will think its the real reunion. Now I would agree with you if they were using Spammy shit to promote it, then nobody would be stupid enough to make that mistake.

Panamark
04-06-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
van halen is vh w/sam or dave so get over it

Yeah Yeah we get it, you are an Ed sheep. Yes even Eddie playing along with his sons school band was Van Halen. Off you go, theres a good boy..

Warham
04-06-2004, 06:53 AM
If they don't play Roth tunes, it's not Van Halen, it's Van Hagar. I'm sorry, you can't tour and ignore half the catalogue and call it Van Halen. Period.

Panamark
04-06-2004, 09:22 AM
I hope the poor dudes that got duped are allowed a refund when they realize its Spammy. Im sure if they rang Tickmaster and said, "Hey, false advertising dudes, you said it was Van Halen" they should be elligible for a refund...

gothqueen
04-06-2004, 05:41 PM
I can be a little lost sometimes but I'm not that stupid!