McCain: Bush Does Not Have $B!H(BThe Legal Authority To Engage In 'Warrantless Wiretaps'.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

McCain: Bush Does Not Have $B!H(BThe Legal Authority To Engage In 'Warrantless Wiretaps'.

Today on Fox News Sunday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said Bush$B!G(Bs warrantless domestic wiretapping program is illegal:

WALLACE: But you do not believe that currently he has the legal authority to engage in these warrant-less wiretaps.

MCCAIN: You know, I don$B!G(Bt think so, but why not come to Congress? We can sort this all out. I don$B!G(Bt think $B!=(B I know of no member of Congress, frankly, who, if the administration came and said here$B!G(Bs why we need this capability, that they wouldn$B!G(Bt get it. And so let$B!G(Bs have the hearings.

McCain is the latest addition to a growing list of prominent conservatives $B!=(B including Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA), Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS) and Sen. Richard Lugar (R-IN) $B!=(B who have expressed serious concerns about the legality of the program.

Karl Rove doesn$B!G(Bt want to spin it this way but concern about the warrantless domestic spying program is bipartisan.

VIDEO

LINKY
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-23-2006, 10:31 AM.
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Yeah,

McCain is a constitutional rights expert and a good lawyer, so he knows what he's talking about.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I'd like to know what language McCain speaks in. Where I come from, a square is not a letter.
      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        I'd like to know what language McCain speaks in. Where I come from, a square is not a letter.
        Probably some Vietnamese characters he picked up while he was a "guest" of the VC for 5 years.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

LMFAO!

Comment

Working...