PDA

View Full Version : We're Fucked!

UGS
01-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Sad day . . .CBC has called the election for the Conservatives

At least it's a minority gov't. Hopefully it fails soon and we'll have a new election this year.

The shitty thing is the goddamn Quebec Seperatists have the balance of power! This means the governing party wants to whore our resources to the USA, and the opposition wants to tear the country apart!

Sad day indeed. At least my riding went to the NDP

FORD
01-23-2006, 10:42 PM
For your sake, I hope these bastards aren't as bad as the BCE. But I fear that they will be.

UGS
01-23-2006, 10:46 PM
They don't have the history of the BCE, but we'll see what happens. Anyone who aligns himself with seperatists shouldn't lead the country in my opinion.

Big Train
01-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Nobody has the history of the BCE, because there is no fucking BCE.

FORD
01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
"There is no BCE"
"War is Peace"
"Freedom Is Slavery"
"Ignorance Is Strength"
"We Have Always Been At War With East Muslimia"

LoungeMachine
01-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Bush

Well, we know there are Bushes, right BT?

Criminal

We know they have quite the criminal history, Right BT?

Empire

We know they have held high office for 3 generations now, right BT?

Sheep......what a species

diamondD
01-23-2006, 11:16 PM
I guess Clinton and every other president that held 2 terms fell just one short of having their own empire too. Sucks for them.

Hardrock69
01-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Well, what they need to do is have a candidate work for the CIA for 20 years, rising up to the top to end up as head of the CIA.

Then due to relationships with (and pressure from) the Council on Foreign Relations, he gets the job of Vice President for 2 terms, then get's to be President for 4 more years, then along the way have a pair of mongoloid sons who through connections with the political machine in Oil-Rich Texas, somehow become "Governor" of 2 different states. after which one of them runs for President, and due to Daddy's connections, wins by a margin that would not normally have existed, but becomes somehow "official", allowing a non-elected official to be placed in (and to pollute & destroy) The Office Of President Of The United States by the efforts of Daddy and the Company.

Then 4 years later, repeat the theft of an election using techniques refined in the previous election.

So let's see....4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 equals a fifth of a century of Bush and a mongoloid chimp of a son in high office that is...a total of TWENTY YEARS.

Kudos to the Republicans for pulling this off.

Can you imagine how difficult it was to engineer this dynasty?

The Democrats could not manage this if they tried...unless they had CFR help....and even so it would take 30-40 years to pull it off, just as it took with Bush and Chimpy...

UGS
01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well, what they need to do is have a candidate work for the CIA for 20 years, rising up to the top to end up as head of the CIA.

Then due to relationships with (and pressure from) the Council on Foreign Relations, he gets the job of Vice President for 2 terms, then get's to be President for 4 more years, then along the way have a pair of mongoloid sons who through connections with the political machine in Oil-Rich Texas, somehow become "Governor" of 2 different states. after which one of them runs for President, and due to Daddy's connections, wins by a margin that would not normally have existed, but becomes somehow "official", allowing a non-elected official to be placed in (and to pollute & destroy) The Office Of President Of The United States by the efforts of Daddy and the Company.

Then 4 years later, repeat the theft of an election using techniques refined in the previous election.

So let's see....4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 equals a fifth of a century of Bush and a mongoloid chimp of a son in high office that is...a total of TWENTY YEARS.

Kudos to the Republicans for pulling this off.

Can you imagine how difficult it was to engineer this dynasty?

The Democrats could not manage this if they tried...unless they had CFR help....and even so it would take 30-40 years to pull it off, just as it took with Bush and Chimpy...

You should write a late-twentieth-century US history textbook.

Big Train
01-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Bush

Criminal

Empire

Thank you Ford Jr. for your original thoughts.

TIme to call in Steven Seagal since this "Empire" is "Above The Law"...you have your fictional characters, i have mine.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2006, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
I guess Clinton and every other president that held 2 terms fell just one short of having their own empire too. Sucks for them.

LMAO

Dunno......if she-devil Hillary gets the nod...

DrMaddVibe
01-24-2006, 06:40 AM
We're fucked?

No, YOU'RE fucked!

BigBadBrian
01-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Bush

Criminal

Empire

If we were to base BCE on holding high office for a lengthy period of time, KKK would stand for Kennedy Kriminal Konsortium.

Or BCE for Byrd Criminal Empire.

Now where's my coffee, dammit. :cool:

UGS
01-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
We're fucked?

No, YOU'RE fucked!

No, you've already been fucked for a while now. Now I'm fucked along with you. So we're all fucked.

Steve Savicki
01-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by FORD
For your sake, I hope these bastards aren't as bad as the BCE. But I fear that they will be.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10988596/

And just when I thought Canada could influence the United States to lean more towards the left. Of course relationships with Busch will improve. Sad, sad indeed. :(

So much for gays traveling up to Canada just so they could marry and enjoy that right like any other citizen.

Nickdfresh
01-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by FORD
"There is no BCE"
"War is Peace"
"Freedom Is Slavery"
"Ignorance Is Strength"
"We Have Always Been At War With East Muslimia"

There is no BCE FORD, just BIA (Bush Incompetence-Athon)...

diamondD
01-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

And just when I thought Canada could influence the United States to lean more towards the left. Of course relationships with Busch will improve. Sad, sad indeed. :(

So much for gays traveling up to Canada just so they could marry and enjoy that right like any other citizen.

Canada influence US politics? Canada's been liberal for 13 years or so. A lot of influence they are.

What planet are you from Steve?

WACF
01-24-2006, 11:39 AM
This is a good change.

The Conservatives do not have the ability to govern though...not enough seats.
There will have to be deal making.

I watched the debates and followed this everyday...there was a lot of fear spreading by the Liberals...alot of people in the east bought into it.
Harper was the only one that actually answered the actual question he was asked everytime.
That is wrong...Duceppe did a great job also.

Harper is not aligned with the Bloq.
What is wrong with addressing fiscal imbalance?
Why do some people think minimum sentences for gun crime is a bad thing?
Why do we fear fixing medicare?
Like Duceppe said...in Ottawa 10,000 people work for medicare but do not administer a single hospital?
Why do people think there is a hidden right wing agenda?
The minute Harper mentions workers rights his current term will be his last...he knows that.

I think it will be interesting to watch what happens...my only wish is the Conservatives would of won a weak majority, or a strong minority.
The Liberals need a time out...to much theft and scandal.
The NDP have no world vision...they do not even have a platform.
Their whole campaign was "We are the third choice"....sounded like "We are not good enough to be first, or even second...but gosh darn it....WE CAN BE THIRD".
I consider them our social conscience...you need a few of them in the back reminding you of the little guy...but you do not want them in power.

FORD
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Chimpy ran as a moderate centrist. And once the Supreme Court installed him, he turned into anything but that.

I realize the dynamics of Canadian government are a little different, but Harper IS a Straussian neocon, and he's going to act like one, given any opportunity.

And since your "Liberals" seem to be a lot like our "DLC", all it would take would be one staged terraist attack on Vancouver or Toronto, and they would suddenly become Tories in all but name, just as the spineless fucks down here did for Chimpy.

Call it "tinfoil hat" all you want, but the neocon shitbags didn't work so hard to get this Chimpy clone in as PM just to have another 18 month minority government.

If your centrists are as worthless as our centrists are (they couldn't possibly be any worse), then why not support the NDP? At least you know they don't work for PNAC.

WACF
01-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Canadians have spoken. They are fed up with the lies and crime of the Liberals. The negative attack adds did work. So instead of giving the Tories the right to rule anyway they want, they have returned a weak minority gov't. I actually think this is a good thing...we will see what the Conservatives will do. The Libs and NDP will keep them in check. I just wish the Conservatives had a touch more seats to have the ability to rule.

What that means is Canadians are taking a test drive. The Tories will be forced to deal with the left to stay in power, so it should mean that the policies will be moderate. It buys the Tories about 2 years to get to the bottom of ADSCAM (BQ/NDP support for changes)

As far as voting NDP I already posted above why I will not follow them.
They are self designed as unworthy to rule..."We are the third choice.".
They do not have a vision...they had no platform to run on.

I am a former Liberal...when they clean themselves up and earn my vote they will get it once again.
Right now Harper speaks to my interest...cracking down on crime and fixing fiscal imbalance.
Repairing medicare is something that must be done.

WACF
01-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Just to add.

I also support the Conservatives views of free votes in parliment.
I believe your MP works for you and should vote according to his/her constituants.
The Libs feel you vote the way you are told too...regardless of what the people who voted you in say.

I also believe we should elect our senate...not appoint them the Liberal way.

Angel
01-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by WACF
I believe your MP works for you and should vote according to his/her constituants.

How can you be certain that your MP is voting based on the wishes of constituents, or based on their own personal value system. I'm all for free votes, but will my MP poll me first? I agree Senate should be elected. The current way isn't only Liberals, the Conservatives made Senate appointments as well.

Steve Savicki
01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Canada influence US politics? Canada's been liberal for 13 years or so. A lot of influence they are.
Yes, I believe they woke America up to become more liberal once they:

1. Spoke out against Busch in general

2. Got the 51% who voted for him to realize their mistake and that the liberal attitude was the way to go.

By then, it was too late. The unelection already happened.

WACF
01-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Angel
How can you be certain that your MP is voting based on the wishes of constituents, or based on their own personal value system. I'm all for free votes, but will my MP poll me first? I agree Senate should be elected. The current way isn't only Liberals, the Conservatives made Senate appointments as well.

That brings up a good point.
I have in the past phoned or emailed my MLA or MP.
I usually found the were responsive and did have some good exchanges.

A good way to see what you MP is doing is check out http://howdtheyvote.ca/

You can actually let you MP know of what you think of an exact quote of their's.

I also think we should have the ability to call back our MP...not sure how you can pull that off but it is food for thought.

Yes, the Conservatives did place their own senate members too...it is under the current Conservatives that Harper believes in election of the senate.

UGS
01-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by WACF

I also believe we should elect our senate...not appoint them the Liberal way.

It's not just the Liberal way. . .it's the only way we've done it. And yes, they should be elected. . .not paid 160K to attend two meetings/year

Angel
01-24-2006, 06:29 PM
But who gets to elect the Senate?

Seshmeister
01-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Angel
But who gets to elect the Senate?

We've got the same problem(not surprisingly)

I think they should do a PR system for the upper house, get more minority parties in and reflect the country better without weakening the government by having eternal coalitions in the main house.

But then what do I know...:)

Cathedral
01-24-2006, 07:38 PM

If Canada moved any further to the left they'd make a complete right turn.
Steve, I think it's the US Liberals that have been influenced by the Canadian Liberals over the last decade, if you want to know the truth about it.

Sure, Bush sucks as a President, but so did Clinton, i'm not comparing the two because you can't compare an apple to it's clone.
The only difference, and i mean the ONLY difference is the label.

I am honestly at the conclusion that there aren't two parties anymore, just one "Corporate Master" that hides beneath the surface of both so-called Major Political Parties.

They're all crooks in my opinion, and none of them are proving they can be trusted with our best interests...that is of course unless your a mouth piece for either side and know how to sheep step it through the field of wolves with yer pals.

Cathedral
01-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
We've got the same problem(not surprisingly)

I think they should do a PR system for the upper house, get more minority parties in and reflect the country better without weakening the government by having eternal coalitions in the main house.

But then what do I know...:)

You know that in a perfect world your idea would be a great one.
Unfortunately, greed requires people to throw others to the wolves and the entire US system is in the middle of a feeding frenzy.

Nobody has integrity anymore, not a fucking soul, especially those who chose politics as their profession.

I say put a Blue Collar guy in the office, i bet we would be better off with someone who actually knows or remembers what it's like to be an average Joe compared to people who have never had to wonder where their next meals were coming from.

I'm just tired of the elite (who aren't by the way) trying to govern people they are out of touch with.
Until you have eaten from a rusty spoon, YOU don't know shit.
The Minority are leading the Majority in this country and i have to wonder...When do we say, "Enough"?

Steve Savicki
01-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral I am honestly at the conclusion that there aren't two parties anymore, just one "Corporate Master" that hides beneath the surface of both so-called Major Political Parties.
Not Corporate Master... Corporate America period... the end. :(

Romeo Delight
01-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Paul Martin is a better leader with a great vision for our country.

However, his fate was sealed with sponsorship scandal, aided behind the scenes by Chretien of all people.

Martin's fate would have been different had he simply waited until Chretien was ready to leave.

Instead, the Liberals are out until they can uncover some scandal from the inexperienced Conservatives.

We will benefit from a tax break, and hopefully we won't get too close to Bush and become his bitch

LoungeMachine
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
This just in.....

Bush has ANNEXED Canada under his new "Terrorism Powers Act"

We no longer need to worry about you Canucks letting the next Atta over the border...........there IS no border now.

Welcome to America..........Now you're REALLY fucked.

Unchainme
01-24-2006, 09:40 PM
This just in.....

Bush has ANNEXED Canada under his new "Terrorism Powers Act"

We no longer need to worry about you Canucks letting the next Atta over the border...........there IS no border now.

Welcome to America..........Now you're REALLY fucked.

Are we going to get Mexico Next?

Cathedral
01-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Not Corporate Master... Corporate America period... the end. :(

The World Economy is what i'm speaking of, Steve. What governs us all is bigger than just America alone and it isn't just one man called President in the US.

50 years ago, different story...but as everyone knew as soon as we started selling off our interests in America (Technology), it was only a matter of time before third world nations could beat us over the head with it.
What was our security cushion?
We had newer - better technology but, the old stuff still kills just the same.

I tell ya, the realization that we all sat back while generations of our government put a noose around our necks makes me ill.
I take that back, we weren't sitting around, we were electing these tools.

Seshmeister
01-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
The World Economy is what i'm speaking of, Steve. What governs us all is bigger than just America alone and it isn't just one man called President in the US.

50 years ago, different story...but as everyone knew as soon as we started selling off our interests in America (Technology), it was only a matter of time before third world nations could beat us over the head with it.
What was our security cushion?
We had newer - better technology but, the old stuff still kills just the same.

I tell ya, the realization that we all sat back while generations of our government put a noose around our necks makes me ill.
I take that back, we weren't sitting around, we were electing these tools.

Pissing all your money away on attack, sorry defense, doesn't help either...

ODShowtime
01-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Pissing all your money away on attack, sorry defense, doesn't help either...

Ah yes, the Department of Defense.

It was a lot cooler and less Orwellian when it was the Department of War.

I wonder who changed that?