PDA

View Full Version : To those LUCKY enough to get Dave's Show..

Big Train
01-26-2006, 01:28 AM
So I have finally been able to listen to Dave's show after several weeks on the air. I think he is still learning the ropes, but he is smart enough to remain entertaining. As a former East Coaster, I can see why he would upset Stern's audience. Dave spends a great deal of time discussing topics with an intellectual flair. He IS an intellectual after all. People who want to stereotype him into the "wasted, used up 80's star" who they desperately want him to be for some reason, that fact that he is coherent and I'm sure in some cases FAR better read on certain subjects, must upset them. Like the quarterback of the football team, who also happens to be the valedictorian, AND dates your sister. No fun.

Like Mick Jagger, he is no dummy. He is well read, knows his business and maintains himself well. He comes across as self assured about what he knows, but not arrogant.

I can see how the strippers, farts n retard crowd Stern attracted would be turned off by this kind of fare. I'm not even sure his show should be on a "Rock" format station, but being that the terms means nothing nowadays, maybe it is ok.

What I can say, as a suffering LA commuter, be THANKFUL you have Roth, love him or hate him. We have Adam Corrolla who I do not have words to express how bad that show is. Nothing can explain to you. You need to experience it. A/B Dave and Adam's show and you will rethink it all. Funny thing is, Dave appears to be taking all the heat. Adam has ten times a worse show and nobody in the print world says Boo...I wonder why?

Dave is a lightning rod and inspires intense feelings in all, good or bad. Which is a fantastic talent to have in the radio business....I think this will pan out well for him.

If not, Dave has my renewed respect for having the balls 99% of the does not have: the courage to explore, learn and reinvent himself and his world. Love him or hate him, you can not deny him that. Great generals lead by example...I personally find it inspiring...Roth on...

Hardrock69
01-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Yes.

Dave = Lightning Rod.

Adam Corolla = Nobody.

Golden AWe
01-26-2006, 10:03 AM
when someone was cuntplaining about his first day, i said "what did you expect, titties, beavis and butthead?"

it wasn't the strongest start ever but at the moment only thing i'll cuntplain about are the long commercials...i'm not used to them...the show itself is getting better all the time.

loveuhowie
01-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I did not think today's show was very good. Not many people posting or hanging out to discuss it. I really am getting worried about the show. I really love DLR and want him to make it. OK.. you can start cursing me out...

jhale667
01-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Even Rachel Perry's sexy-ass voice can't save the Carolla show. It is snorefest radio.:(

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I didn't hear today's show, but he essentially blew-off the first hour yesterday talking product-placement about "Red Bull™ " and energy drinks...

I wouldn't mind listening for a 20-minute ride to work, but even still...It's just not that entertaining. I hear Red Bull™ mentioned every thirty fucking seconds, it's just painfully obvious...

loveuhowie
01-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Sound like DLR wants to do a TV commercial for Red Bull

audiospectrum
01-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Big Train, strapped to the front of a...!!!!!

Great read, I think you summed it up for the way Dave will always be seen by the mainstream media and its followers. It is absolutely true that you either love him or hate him, so much experience with other people around me have told me this. I'm sure we all have our stories of wanks who you may have shown a clip or interview who were INSTANTLY turned off, instantly dismissive of David Lee. I guess we can all take something from Dave and his approach to life. If we all follow in Dave's tyremarks, we're all sure to be goin' places.

bantonelli
01-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by loveuhowie
I did not think today's show was very good. Not many people posting or hanging out to discuss it. I really am getting worried about the show. I really love DLR and want him to make it. OK.. you can start cursing me out...

I listened today and think he's entertaining....yeah, he might drag the Red Bull alittle far, but we can always email him to let him know that it's time to change that topic. He'll listen. Just send him an email. I sent one today for LISA to tell us something tomorrow about DLR that we would find surprising and also whether DLR would allow her to pick out a girl for him to date.

Many of us stop posting TODAY or any day that Phil-The-Stalker does his mumbling....no fun when you have to deal with an imbucle.

Phil, plz do us a favor and hang out with your hommies on HITCH69....is that website THAT dull and full of no attention?

fuckhowardstern
01-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Many of us stop posting TODAY or any day that Phil-The-Stalker does his mumbling....no fun when you have to deal with an imbucle.

ditto - of course that is exactly what "they" want.....Phil wouldn't be so bad if he would post only two or three times per page - but his assigned job is to spam the thread and he does it quite well.

bantonelli
01-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Wow, Phil, you can be so proud of yourself.... if you can achieve this with relative ease and are so clever...I challenge you to get the CVH Reunion accomplished....can you call Matt Sencio and EVH....

Come on Phil, you talk to big....let's see you get this done...I will then treat you like a GOD.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Did you guys ever think of ignoring PHIL? Like as in using the ignore function...

I mean, he wasn't on for a couple of days until people started kicking up his threads and mentioning him in FAN...

I have yet to see PHIL even personally insult anyone or call anyone an expletive...

4rchang3l
01-26-2006, 06:30 PM
read it here...
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32429
-j; )

fuckhowardstern
01-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Did you guys ever think of ignoring PHIL? Like as in using the ignore function...I mean, he wasn't on for a couple of days until people started kicking up his threads and mentioning him in FAN...
I have yet to see PHIL even personally insult anyone or call anyone an expletive...

Look I haven't complained about the guy since the first day he posted in the daily thread. Complaining about any poster here is futile unless you are complaining just to vent. Instead, I have taken your advice. Yet the only way you can ignore someone who takes up 3/4ths of the posts on every page is to simply not even open the thread. And that is what I do. As far as Phil personally insulting anybody, I think Bantonelli and Blondgirl would disagree - he made posts directed to each of them that the average woman would find quite offensive. As far as the ignore function - I find the stuff Phil posts that I have read so embarrassingly stupid that I do not want my own posts to be remotely affiliated with them even given the relative anonymity of the internet.

fenway5150
01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
We'll find out soon enough how he did in the ratings. It's a four book market (all four seasons) so the current Arbitron Ratings Book will wrap up soon. I'm sure the numbers will get out to the internet shortly after. They most likely won't be good mainly because he's brand new and it takes a while to gain an audience.

I'm just surprised Dave doesn't have more structure to the shows like he has with his concerts. Everything was choreographed on stage and radio is a pre-planned deal even though it doesn't come across that way.

I think some days he sounds interesting and other days he sounds like he's just entertaining himself and just happy to be there.

NATEDOG001976
01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
ditto - of course that is exactly what "they" want.....Phil wouldn't be so bad if he would post only two or three times per page - but his assigned job is to spam the thread and he does it quite well.

Can someone just take Phil out?? Shot him maybe? lol