• Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Timberwolves trade Szczerbiak to Celtics in multi-player deal

By DAVE CAMPBELL, AP Sports Writer

January 26, 2006

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The struggling Minnesota Timberwolves shook up their roster Thursday night, sending swingman Wally Szczerbiak to the Boston Celtics for guard Ricky Davis in an exchange involving seven players and three draft picks.

The Wolves had been involved in trade speculation for weeks, with both Szczerbiak and Olowokandi frequently being mentioned in rumors. They were in need of a spark after losing their last two games by 20 points or more, and finally made their move Thursday after a 107-87 loss to Memphis, their third straight defeat.

"Through this trade, we've become a much more athletic team," Timberwolves vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale said in a statement. "With Ricky Davis, we've added one of the more talented shooting guards in the NBA -- both on the offensive and defensive ends of the court. Plus, with Davis and Trenton Hassell together on the court, we'll have a great defensive presence at the 2-3 positions."

McHale planned a conference call for reporters Thursday night.

"It was a tough decision to trade Wally," McHale said in the statement. "He has been the ultimate professional and a very good player for us through the years. I wish him nothing but the best of luck with the rest of his NBA career."

The Celtics said they were glad to get Szczerbiak.

"We are ecstatic to acquire a player of Wally Szczerbiak's quality to complement Paul Pierce and our young talent base," said Danny Ainge, the Celtics' executive director of basketball operations. "In Wally we are receiving an All-Star player who is playoff tested and who has been a winner at all levels."

Davis, a 6-foot-7 guard, is the Celtics second leading scorer, averaging 19.7 points per game, and the 7-0 Blount is the team's third-leading scorer at 12.4 points per game.

Banks, a point guard and former first-round draft pick, was made expendable by the development of Delonte West.

The 6-7 Szczerbiak is averaging 20.1 points, second on Minnesota, while the 7-foot Olowokandi, a former first overall draft pick, is averaging 6.0 points. He had been a big disappointment for the Wolves, who signed him as a free agent in the summer of 2003.

Story
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I wonder if anything can help the Timberwolves?

Garnett is maybe the most versatile player in the NBA.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
      Veteran
      • Apr 2004

The Timber-Pups are in trouble. Garnett needs more help.
      http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
      Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
      Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• EbDawson
        Veteran
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
        The Timber-Pups are in trouble. Garnett needs more help.
        So they get rid of their 2nd leading scorer? What's the deal? Garnett couldn't get along with him?
        "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by EbDawson
          So they get rid of their 2nd leading scorer? What's the deal? Garnett couldn't get along with him?
          I think I could be their 2nd leading scorer...you should see me shoot threes!
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• EbDawson
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

OK.
            "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Garnett is going to be so out of there soon.

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

The celtics are my favorite team...

I'm gonna miss Ricky Davis!

Oh god... why did we take the kandi man?

Comment

• bastardog
                  Commando
                  • Feb 2004

^Celtics are doomed now with Kandi man. He is the bad apple that makes everyone lazy.....simply bad luck
                  Bastardog

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Did you see Ricky Davis last night?

Holy shit! Maybe Garnett will stick around
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Ricky Davis is an enigma...

a great player...that will sooner or later...be unhappy about the snow...or Garnett's name...or why his girlfriend let's Garnett ream her ass...

it'll be something...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

a great player...that will sooner or later...be unhappy about the snow...or Garnett's name...or why his girlfriend let's Garnett ream her ass...

it'll be something...
                        I know when the Grizzlies were here they complained about the rain and the fact they couldn't find a Taco Time and KFC on every block, LMFAO.

We are second only to a few major US cities in fine cuisine, and those dudes are jonesing for a fucking dollar taco!

They sure liked Brandi's and The Swedish Touch, though.

Be sure to visit these establishments if you guys are ever in Vancouver!
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

lmfao...

put them both on my list...

I'm guessing their couisine is a bit different than KFC?

the question is...

is it finger lickin' good...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

it'll be something...
                            I don't recall Ricky making one bad incident in Boston,,,, even when he came off the bench all last year.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Yeah...but he didn't even play a full season in Boston...did he?

or did he...

Comment

Working...