PDA

View Full Version : One of the Most astute articles I've ever Read

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 07:46 PM
"There were some notable blunders in '86 as well. You have to remember a lot of people were on drugs then. Bananarama were allowed in a recording studio, Eric Clapton had a down album with August, and Europe released the abomination that was The Final Countdown. Undoubtedly the year's biggest tragedy was the birth of Van Hagar. After the incendiary David Lee Roth quit/was fired from Van Halen, he was replaced by the incompetent Sammy Hagar. His earnest lyrics and bad haircut took the showmanship out of their songs and the wind out of their sails. Don't be fooled by anyone claiming the Hagar years were good. Hagar was a hack."

lmfao...outstanding...

DrMaddVibe
01-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Fucking A, B and C, D too!

jhale667
01-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Truth hurts....:D

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I'll be posting the retorts to that article in a minute...they are...shall we say...amusing...

including mine.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Reply #1 to this article on that site...

Regarding Van Halen, you should stick to facts because your review of Sammy Hagar with Van Halen starts off wrong due to no credibility. They were called Van Halen, not Van Hager - FACT. Sammy Hagar is not a Hack based on facts - Montrose, Solo Career, and Van Halen equals a talented artist with a great fan base who has stood the test of time and sold more records than most Hall of Fame artist - FACT.
If you can't get the simple and major facts right, everything else carrys no weight.
Jim
Manager
Seattle, WA

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Reply #2 to this article...

Dude, Dave cannot even compare to Sammy. Have you heard Roth live? Even in the height of his VH glory, his live performance was awful. Hagar is an amazing singer. Hagar is a musician. Roth was/is a Vegasy goofball.
Tim

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Reply #3 to this article...definitely by a Roth Army member...because of the Bette mention...which was started here...

Van Hagar = Hack. Amen. The David Lee Roth era of Van Halen is the only true Van Halen. They made a mistake when they got that Bette Midler look-a-like in the band.
MULLY
Japan

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Reply #4...

and with a vague familiarity in reference...

Dude
How can you waste your time and immense talent on this cyber-rag of a student newspaper? Hagar was horrible. So horrible he became known as Hagar THE Horrible and they made an allegorical comic strip by that name on the sad story of his wasted life. He pretends to wear a viking helmet, but it's not a helmet it's White Rain Super Hold gone cruelly crazzzzzy!!!!!! Your pan of him was dead on.If Rolling Stone ever reads any of your stuff you will make Hunter Thompson look like a drug crazed writer of rambling thoughts he wrote while waiting for his coffee at the Seattle Washington waffle house. Oh, wait a minnit. That's what he was!!!! Keep up the good work. Do '66 next.
Jessie
jessie
tree killer
ben and his son

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Reply #5...an obvious pillow biter...

I am so tired of hearing the Dave vs. Sammy thing from the uninformed. Every time I hear or read something like this I can only assume one thing. The writer never saw either version of Van Halen live as I did. If you would have you would clearly know that Dave could not sing live back in the day or this day for that matter. VH was a joke with Dave, though it was a good joke. Sammy brought that band to a much higher musical level. You can say you don't like his voice and you can say you don't like his performing style but calling someone like Sammy Hagar a hack sounds like David Lee Roth wrote this article. Since Dave is busy falling on his face as a DJ I must assume some other misguided person wrote this. Hagar has been in the music business for over 30 years. Sold millions of records. Played thousands of shows and continues to do so. Calling anyone a "hack" who has accomplished more than you could ever dream of just enforces the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about. Do some research next time dumb ass!
Lou Champy
Territory Manager
High Point NC

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Reply #6...probably the pillow the guy in the previous post bit...

Losers (writer hacks) out to attack Sam, I liked the early VH tracks, but it came together with Sammy. See ya in Cabo.. Redheads RULE!

Paul
Have real job
Texas

POJO_Risin
01-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Reply #7...and I know this guy is from the Army...

Without a doubt, one of the most accurate depictions of 1986.

To all the Sham and the Chirellas huggers that posted before me...DO YOU HAVE A FREAKIN' CLUE WHAT "CLASSIC" MUSIC IS?

Obviously you don't...oh wait...you hear all those MUCH REQUESTED Montrose songs on classic stations. Great idea to get advertising...

"Excuse me...we play Montrose...hello...hello...hello..."

Then of course, there's all those Sham solo tunes that pop up...you know..."I Can't Drive 55" and...and...(and I can't wait to hear someone actually SAY Bad Motor Scooter and Heavy Metal...or better yet...Mas Tequila) are classic tunes.

Alas, you DO have several Sham and the Chirella tunes on regular play on the Classic Rock channels...you know...Right Now (Right Now, I'm yacking up a gallon of Crystal Pepsi) and...and...

oh yeah...no airplay there either.

To the dipshit that tried to qualify both live shows. Here's the deal you complete freakin' moron. Dave could walk out stone drunk...and sang with his ass...and still put on a better show than Hagar could EVER put out. What Van Halen did live from 1974-1985 was nothing short of freakin' MAMMOTH...something to remember...a concert wrapped up in a life-changing event. A Hagar show? Well...I suppose to those that enjoy watching a fart wrapped in bologna...you found your calling. That's right...a can full of liquid crap...live...in front of your naked, steaming eyes.

and leave it to some moron to compare a radio show to Van Halen. Congrats, we now know what you have in your IPod "shuffle" (someone making a comment that ludicrous HAS to have the most feminine of IPod products), Sham and the Chirellas, Lawrence Welk and the Best of Bette.

Nicely done Hagar Hags...you're backing a HACK! Perhaps for your next posts, you can discuss the importance of CREED. What a joke.

Fantastic article, and dead freakin' on.
POJO_Risin

Flash Bastard
01-27-2006, 08:17 PM
It's Lou! (RE: Reply #5)

Holy shit, I knew that fuckhead would turn up.

Bob_R
01-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
"There were some notable blunders in '86 as well. You have to remember a lot of people were on drugs then. Bananarama were allowed in a recording studio, Eric Clapton had a down album with August, and Europe released the abomination that was The Final Countdown. Undoubtedly the year's biggest tragedy was the birth of Van Hagar. After the incendiary David Lee Roth quit/was fired from Van Halen, he was replaced by the incompetent Sammy Hagar. His earnest lyrics and bad haircut took the showmanship out of their songs and the wind out of their sails. Don't be fooled by anyone claiming the Hagar years were good. Hagar was a hack."

Excellent!

Dan
01-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Reply #7...and I know this guy is from the Army...

Without a doubt, one of the most accurate depictions of 1986.

To all the Sham and the Chirellas huggers that posted before me...DO YOU HAVE A FREAKIN' CLUE WHAT "CLASSIC" MUSIC IS?

Obviously you don't...oh wait...you hear all those MUCH REQUESTED Montrose songs on classic stations. Great idea to get advertising...

"Excuse me...we play Montrose...hello...hello...hello..."

Then of course, there's all those Sham solo tunes that pop up...you know..."I Can't Drive 55" and...and...(and I can't wait to hear someone actually SAY Bad Motor Scooter and Heavy Metal...or better yet...Mas Tequila) are classic tunes.

Alas, you DO have several Sham and the Chirella tunes on regular play on the Classic Rock channels...you know...Right Now (Right Now, I'm yacking up a gallon of Crystal Pepsi) and...and...

oh yeah...no airplay there either.

To the dipshit that tried to qualify both live shows. Here's the deal you complete freakin' moron. Dave could walk out stone drunk...and sang with his ass...and still put on a better show than Hagar could EVER put out. What Van Halen did live from 1974-1985 was nothing short of freakin' MAMMOTH...something to remember...a concert wrapped up in a life-changing event. A Hagar show? Well...I suppose to those that enjoy watching a fart wrapped in bologna...you found your calling. That's right...a can full of liquid crap...live...in front of your naked, steaming eyes.

and leave it to some moron to compare a radio show to Van Halen. Congrats, we now know what you have in your IPod "shuffle" (someone making a comment that ludicrous HAS to have the most feminine of IPod products), Sham and the Chirellas, Lawrence Welk and the Best of Bette.

Nicely done Hagar Hags...you're backing a HACK! Perhaps for your next posts, you can discuss the importance of CREED. What a joke.

Fantastic article, and dead freakin' on.
POJO_Risin

Roth On Bro.

Seshmeister
01-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Wandering off on a tangent as is the tradition here my problem with the initial post was the Bananarama diss.

Obviously at the time it didn't seem that good but compare it to sanitised pointless pice of cunt you get these days via pop idol, rockstar and everything else. Those girls looked good, sang and wrote their own stuff and did every bit of booze and drugs going.

Haahaha

I can't believe I just made a pro Bananarama post...

Cheers!

:gulp:

audiospectrum
01-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Article no. #7 I could kiss you

Douglas T.
01-27-2006, 11:25 PM
I laff anytime anyone compares sammy to DAVE! :drive:

ELVIS
01-27-2006, 11:51 PM
http://imgsrv.david.freefm.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200601/4864.jpg

:elvis:

Three_Lock Rock
01-28-2006, 07:33 AM
FAGGITS!

three lock rock
kicking ass and taking names

Terry
01-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Will just never be able to understand the mentality of those who claim Hagar took Van Halen to a higher musical level...

Douglas T.
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Oh I understand ... they are delusional!

Three_Lock Rock
01-28-2006, 11:24 AM
i will never understand the mentiality of faggits worshepping a spandex clad dickhed in asslass chaps and proclame that it was brilient!

oh! they do it becaus THEIR FAGGITS!

OWEND!

three lock rock
kicking ass AND OWNEING THE FUCK OUT OF THIS BOARD

Loons The Great
01-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Will just never be able to understand the mentality of those who claim Hagar took Van Halen to a higher musical level...

Those who claim Hagar took Van Halen to a higher musical level...are tequilatards.

thome
01-28-2006, 01:01 PM
I just don't undestand why Sammy was out drinking all night started posting drunken BS here then napped for about a hour and started drinking again and came back to post more BS.

Stay Drunk MF cole tukey is a bitch......

Twee lot bot, twee lot bot, i gotta twee lot bot............. what the Fuk
(theres some hall of fame lyrics)

did you write that on mas tooqwilll-yia..

Loons The Great
01-28-2006, 01:09 PM
DRINK PETRON!

Nickdfresh
01-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Wandering off on a tangent as is the tradition here my problem with the initial post was the Bananarama diss.

Obviously at the time it didn't seem that good but compare it to sanitised pointless pice of cunt you get these days via pop idol, rockstar and everything else. Those girls looked good, sang and wrote their own stuff and did every bit of booze and drugs going.

Haahaha

I can't believe I just made a pro Bananarama post...

Cheers!

:gulp:

I'd like to rama my banana in the center one...
http://www.mattradio.com/bananarama.jpg

Terry
01-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Three_Lock Rock
i will never understand the mentiality of faggits worshepping a spandex clad dickhed in asslass chaps and proclame that it was brilient!

oh! they do it becaus THEIR FAGGITS!

OWEND!

three lock rock
kicking ass AND OWNEING THE FUCK OUT OF THIS BOARD

That shit is pretty sad, even for a waborita. Poor spelling, lack of originality, thoughts of no real import whatsoever...

...seriously, guy, if this is representative of the best of what you have to offer this site, well, I've read much better putdowns of Dave elsewhere. Try and come up with something a little better or stay off of your mommys computer.

Three_Lock Rock
01-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Terry
That shit is pretty sad, even for a waborita. Poor spelling, lack of originality, thoughts of no real import whatsoever...

...seriously, guy, if this is representative of the best of what you have to offer this site, well, I've read much better putdowns of Dave elsewhere. Try and come up with something a little better or stay off of your mommys computer.

tuff talk cuming from a faggit shiteating dickklicker lyke you! eat shit! fuck you!

most importently -

SAMMY RULES!!!

you fagits just cant handel the FACT, THATS RITE FACT, that SAMMY VAN HALIN OUT SOULD FAG HALIN 1979-1984 AND THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!

read them and weap, faggits! its TRUETH!

three lock rock
kicking ass and taking names

AND STILL SAMMY'S SOULDIER!!!!!!!!!!!

Plexi Head
01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Reply #3 to this article...definitely by a Roth Army member...because of the Bette mention...which was started here...

Van Hagar = Hack. Amen. The David Lee Roth era of Van Halen is the only true Van Halen. They made a mistake when they got that Bette Midler look-a-like in the band.
MULLY
Japan

WOW that is the ONE AND ONLY MULLY.

Anyone here remember Mully from the original Van Halen mailing list?
Mully is the greatest flamer in the history of flaming, absolutely fearsome and unbeatable.

jhale667
01-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Three_inch cock
I'm Gay!!!