PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Plot to Kill OBL in 96

LoungeMachine
01-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Paper reports plot on bin Laden

Associated Press
Published January 27, 2006

JERUSALEM -- Israeli intelligence was close to assassinating Osama bin Laden in 1996 with the help of one of his confidants, but the attack was derailed by a crisis with the Palestinians, a newspaper reported Thursday.

The Yediot Ahronot daily said Israeli intelligence was helping investigate an attempted assassination of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Ethiopia and came across a group of radicals based in Sudan and led by bin Laden.

The paper said Israeli intelligence, cooperating with another country, persuaded a confidant of bin Laden to kill him, but the operation was canceled by a crisis between Israel and the Palestinians that disrupted the link between Israeli intelligence and the foreign service.

Israeli officials refused to comment on the brief report. The paper said the full story would be published Friday in its weekend magazine section.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

but the operation was canceled by a crisis between Israel and the Palestinians that disrupted the link between Israeli intelligence and the foreign service.

The timing of this article is interesting.....

:cool:

ELVIS
01-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Yediot ??

FORD
01-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Maybe if the Likud bastards hadn't murdered their own Prime Minister in 1995, things might have calmed down enough with the Palestinians by 1996 that they could have focused on old Binny.

On the other hand, maybe this is just more revisionist history horseshit from Camp Likud/PNAC. Like the recent books that try to deny that Bin Laden ever worked for the CIA at all :rolleyes:

thome
01-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Ok dudes Real Sh1t doesn't -Leak Out- this ain't the x-files,mortician
as the world turns c -ass Miami, I call Bull Krapp

Next newly leaked cia crap you read or likud dude told this other dude this then he told me remember It's probably True.You can guess
any scenario you want But It ain't leaked from top secret government
sources those who would are never told...GRRRrrrrrrrr

All conspiracies are true but their is no proof...Dig!..... I give-up.....

LoungeMachine
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by thome

I give-up.....

Please do :cool: