PDA

View Full Version : Why Vanhagar WILL NEVER BE VAN HALEN

SRK
04-06-2004, 12:21 AM
David Lee Roth was and always will be the heart ,soul, and spirit of Van Halen. The keeper of the flame ,that burns forever rock n roll. From the very beginning this was evident. He named the band Van Halen, he designed, and promoted most everything ,album covers, tee shirts ,stage passes, flyers, stage props,did the most interviews ,directed all the videos ,and had MTV eating out of the palm of his hand, at a time when this kind of leverage was very important to have......Dave made Van Halen a band for the people . Do you think the Van Halen brothers came up with such things as the brown M&M ryder,or "parachuting onto the stage"or the whole roadie ,groupie "incentive plan". David Lee Roth made the myths and built the legacy that was Van Halen. I'm not saying he did it alone but he defiantly was the straw that stirred the drink, the spark that started the fire we know as Van Halen. ......Eddie , Alex ,and Mike were great but Dave was the fearless leader...their guiding light and we all know the Van Halen brothers need a guiding light , they have proven this to us for years now. In life you have leaders and followers... Eddie was a leader in the guitar world...but he was never the leader of the group Van Halen...being a follower is not a bad thing ,as long as your a good follower and know your role...every great leader needs good followers.

The Van Halen brothers and Dave are completely different personalities ,with two very different approaches to life. The brothers seem to be pessimistic ,the glass is always half empty...Dave on the other hand is an optimist, his glass runnith over ,for better or worse .....Give Dave lemons and he'll make lemon aid...give the Van Halen brothers lemons and they will more then likely cry you a river... if Eddie does not drowned himself with alcohol, he may drowned in apathy...he seems only happy being unhappy.....So as these two ways of life clashed more and more, and the brothers became more lax toward touring and making rock n roll....Dave and the boys decide to part ways...so exit Dave and here comes Sammy Hagar a cookie cutter, run of the mill, "wanna be rock star" who leads like a fat dog chasing it's own tail.......Before Van Halen he's just a haircut away from being the next Eddie Money or better yet Michael Bolton....Sam has a couple mediocre songs that people know of but he is no rock star...not on Van Halen's level anyway and not even close to David Lee Roth' s level....Sam sees his chance at the big time and latches on like a blood sucking leach...He and the brothers bond by ripping Dave ,and writing cookie cutter love songs that would make Air Supply sound like a rock band...Sammy fools himself ...I'm a rock star now...I'm the man...only to be haunted forever in DIAMOND DAVE'S shadow!!! Sam tries everything to out run this huge shadow but is forever darkened by it....No matter how many cookie cutter love songs he writes...he is forever over shadowed by DAVID LEE ROTH....Then comes the best of VH , Sam's insecurity gets the best of him" WHY SO MANY DAVE SONGS!"...Edward has now sobered up and decides he would like to be leader of the band... He and Sam have it out...they part ways....Edward being the spiteful ,petty person he is decides to use Dave to get at Sam...YEA Dave come on over we'll do some songs just like old times, but all this time Edwards got a new puppet of a singer named Gary....Edward has his chance to be leader the band Van Halen .....There's only one thing wrong with this picture, Edward has no clue on how to lead a band ...He can barely lead his own life , just ask his ex wife...HE LEADS THE BAND RIGHT DOWN THE TUBES!

Ed and his brother go into hibernation like two hermits...Edward loses his wife and continues to drowned himself in his sorrows and his booze....while snubbing the fans with his who needs you attitude....All the while Dave with all his belligerent enthusiasm and rock n roll spirit has really never changed, for better or worse, through thick and thin he is still making rock n roll for the people...his looks may change...but his rock n roll spirit and attitude remain the same. Can we say the same of the Van Halen brothers? So Here comes Vanhagar again except now they have a drummers who's health is a question mark....a guitarist who's mental health and health is a question mark.....a bass player who was out of touch of the brothers for years and has to wonder if he is really wanted by them ...and an infomercial for a singer ,who sounds to me like he wants to hold on to his old band just in case this falls through...I seriously doubt they can live up to old Vanhagar standards now let alone CLASSIC VAN HALEN.....AS THE CLASSIC SIX ALBUMS ALWAYS SAID VAN HALEN IS DAVID LEE ROTH- EDDIE VAN HALEN-ALEX VAN HALEN- AND MIKE ANTHONY........AND REMEMBER DAVE'S GAME IS BETTER THEN EVER...WINNERS COME AND GO ....BUT LEDGENDS ARE FOREVER!!!!!

"Van Halen can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade." : ROTH

"What are the characteristics of a good rock'n'roller? Rock'n'roll is in you. You either got it or you don't. You can't fake it. It has to be inside you just itching to get out. And when it does, POW! It's like a dam bursting. That's Van Halen : ROTH

Sarge
04-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by SRK
so exit Dave and here comes Sammy Hagar a cookie cutter, run of the mill, "wanna be rock star" who leads like a fat dog chasing it's own tail.......Before Van Halen he's just a haircut away from being the next Eddie Money or better yet Michael Bolton....

Excellent point
Dude that post was one of the best I have read on this site
Sarge

thefive
04-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Why Vanhagar WILL NEVER BE VAN HALEN ?

Very good post and this is another reason why Van Hagar will never Be
Van Halen BECAUSE

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=54405

Couldnt find the attach file function so I had to do this post twice.
sorry.

thefive

thefive
04-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by thefive
Why Vanhagar WILL NEVER BE VAN HALEN ?

Very good post and this is another reason why Van Hagar will never Be
Van Halen BECAUSE

thefive

hitch1969©
04-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Sarge
Excellent point
Dude that post was one of the best I have read on this site
Sarge

dude you are ignoring the franchise ****** and that is sad.

I've said WAY better shit than this FAG

FOR ONE:

Originally posted by ian_doherty
If you like Sammy Hagar:

Please go crawl under a rock and don't bother coming back out.
Thanks!

Listen, ian_doherty...

IF that is your REAL NAME....

You need to accept that Van Hagar is BACK. AS a member of the DLRarmy team, you need to support ALL that is VAN HALEN, even if you don't personally approve.

um, that's what we call TEAM WORK.

To function as an adult in an everyday society, we must mature. We get up every morning when we don't want to. WE go to work with people that we hate, and we do SHIT THAT WE DONT WANT TO DO!!!

If you can't play by THE RULES, I suggest that you GO TO A HOMELESS SHELTER and slag the ROTGUT all day and scam motherfuckers with "will work for food"!!!

Otherwise, PUT ON A HAPPY FACE and LIKE IT.

Like we all do.

dork!!!

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uhuh uh uh

BREASTS!!

=h69=

FOR BETTER:

David Lee Roth at Blossom Music Center.
Photo: Wire Image

CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio — The pervading feeling between dueling former Van Halen frontmen David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar may never be love, but fans showed a lot of it Wednesday at Blossom Music Center.

Vintage Van Halen T-shirts peppered the fiery crowd. Fortysomething women fashioned the Van Halen symbol with their hands as they shook their shoulders to songs such as "5150" and "Panama." A group of teenage boys wrote with marker "f--- Eddie" on their arms, referring, of course, to VH guitarist Eddie Van Halen.

The admiration was mutual between the crowd and Roth and Hagar. Mop-haired Hagar opened the show at 7:15 p.m. — the singers are alternating set order during the tour — with a video retrospective that included interviews, clips of magazine stories and Van Halen photos. It hit a snag midway through, and kicked back to the beginning of the film. When it finished, a curtain was drawn to allow a select number of fans to stand on risers behind the band in an effort to maintain Hagar's tradition of creating a club atmosphere onstage.

Bathed in red lights, Hagar kicked off his set with the apropos "Red."

"We're gonna turn this whole f---ing place red," screamed Hagar, who was wearing a yellow T-shirt from his Cabo Wabo club that said, "Got Tequila" across his chest. He quickly went into the Van Halen hit "Runaround," which prompted the sea of fans to collectively mimic Hagar, who was whipping his arm around in a circular motion.

At times, Hagar was a little too chatty between songs, often using long stories to segue into the next tune.

"It's still daylight and I'm going to get drunk," Hagar said. He yelled "Waitress!" and in response, a scantily clad woman arrived onstage to pour him a margarita. "It's my first of the day, so make it a double," he instructed.

He coaxed the woman, a "calendar girl" from a local radio station, to imbibe with him momentarily. "It's OK to drink on the job. As a matter of fact, it's mandatory."

After wrapping up "Top of the World," Hagar admitted that he was somewhat nervous.

"I didn't know what to expect today because, well, you know why," he said, referring to his tempestuous relationship with Roth. "All I got to say is this is: f---ing killer. This is the sh--. That's what I'm talkin' about. Waitress!"

Hagar took a potshot at Eddie Van Halen, who is now reportedly healthy after receiving treatment for cancer. Among the groups of fans onstage was a cardboard cut-out of the axeman, whose head the red rocker smacked after saying, "You don't have nothin' to say? Didn't think so."

He further revved up the crowd by hitting a Cabo Wabo Tequila bottle piñata with his guitar after singing "Mas Tequila." When the bottle opened, a mop-haired green worm popped out.

Vocally, Hagar rose above a hoarse-sounding Diamond Dave, who needed a bit of polishing. Hagar's voice soared to impressive heights during songs such as "Eagles Fly," "Dreams" and the closer, "Right Now."

Roth was the antithesis of Hagar, who used videotapes of topless women at one point as a backdrop for his show. The flamboyant original VH frontman opted for a more "artsy" approach with his videos, repeatedly showing different variations of cat-suit-wearing women and an armed Roth searching the halls for those unknown. Interspersed with those scenes were shots of Roth doing martial arts.

He couldn't measure up to Hagar's charisma, however. Aside from a few kicks, Roth exchanged personality for shaking his spandex-covered lower body toward the audience. His stage banter was minimal; he let his body and lyrics do the talking for him. Roth, who botched the words to "(Oh) Pretty Woman," used a bottle of Jack Daniel's to mimic a sex act and, upon "completion," splashed the liquor on fans sitting close to the stage.

Using suspenders to keep up his spandex pants, Dave ended his set with a martial-arts-style, baton-twirling number during an instrumental part of Van Halen's hit "Jump." He bowed with the stick tucked under his arm, looking like a majorette in a high school band.

Van Halen fans' "Sammy vs. Dave" battle clearly had a winner Wednesday night: Right here, right now, Hagar was on "Top of the World."

Sammy Hagar set list:
"Red"
"Runaround"
"Three Lock Box"
"There's Only One Way to Rock"
"Give to Live"
"Top of the World"
"Why Can't This Be Love"
"5150"
"Poundcake"
"Finish What Ya Started"
"Eagles Fly"
"Little White Lies"
"I Can't Drive 55"
"Heavy Metal"
"Mas Tequila" encore:

"Dreams"
"Right Now"
David Lee Roth set list:
"Hot for Teacher"
"Panama"
"And the Cradle Will Rock"
"Mean Street"
"Dance the Night Away"
"Runnin' With the Devil"
"I'm the One"
"You Really Got Me"
"Beautiful Girls"
"So This Is Love?"
"Atomic Punk"
"Little Dreamer"
"(Oh) Pretty Woman"
"Yankee Rose"
"Ice Cream Man"
"Everybody Wants Some"
"Unchained"
"Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"
encore:
"Jump"

For more sights and stories from concerts around the country, check out MTV News Tour Reports.

HUH?

I AM WAYSTED!!!

uhu uh u uh uh uhuh uhuh u huh uh u huh uh uh uh uh uh

later instigatrererfwse
uh uh uh huh uhuh uhuhuh uuh uh

BREASTS!!!

=h=

Satan
04-06-2004, 11:42 AM
What kind of a fucking sheep wrote that review? Sounds like it came straight from MelodiCrock

Sarge
04-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Just look at Hagar's setlist.
What a joke

pardo
04-06-2004, 12:55 PM
SRK, I agree with most of your stuff. But in the early days, Edward was not a follower. He was a trail blazer of the highest order! Without getting into it, don't underestimate Edwards influence and contribution.

Ying yang baby. Ying yang...

pardo
04-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Okay, maybe I will get into it...

Its easy to say that Edward "just wrote the music", but lets face it - a band without good tunes isn't much of a band. And its not like he just went through the motions live. He put as much into a live show as Dave. Just watch the boots - the guy had presence. Not to mention how much energy he put into EVERY aspect of playin guitar.

Dave said it himself - Edward isn't ANYONES backup guitarist.

And thats not to take anything away from Dave contributions. The beauty of Van Halen was the sum of all its parts.

SRK
04-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Maybe you miss understood me.I stated that ED was a leader in the guitar world...just not the leader of the band Van Halen...this is not a rip on ED....I just don`t think he liked dealing with all the other stuff that help promote the band...it`s just not him...and thats cool but sometimes i think the brothers forget how much Dave helped promote the band behind the scenes and now give him little if any credit....I agree Edward isn`t anyones backup guitarist or will he ever be

gothqueen
04-06-2004, 05:44 PM
You rock, SRK!

moose
04-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Sent chills up my spine. My hat off to you!!!!!!!!!:killer:

SRK
04-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks just wanted to give Roth the credit he deserves

distortion9
04-06-2004, 11:12 PM
GREAT fuckin post SRK.

I'd LOVE to see that over at the links...too bad it would go right over their wooly fuckin melon heads.

Nice job.

Roth-Halen
04-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Great post, SRK. Von Halen wrote once a great letter as well like a year ago. He mentioned similar points.
Roht was the leader in VH in many ways. Spammy is just Ed's BUTTLER

Roth-Halen
04-07-2004, 01:55 PM
I'd love to copy SRK's post and send it to VH and Spammy websites as a reality check.
What they could posibly say about that.
Fucking Sammy is ths s*(&^*&^^t The only thing bigger than his belly is his shit mouth.
He should thank Roth for leavin VH so his carrer could take off.

SRK
04-12-2004, 04:23 PM
THERES NO VAN HALEN WITHOUT ROTH....END OF STORY

L.S.D.
04-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SRK
Maybe you miss understood me.I stated that ED was a leader in the guitar world...just not the leader of the band Van Halen...this is not a rip on ED....I just don`t think he liked dealing with all the other stuff that help promote the band...it`s just not him...and thats cool but sometimes i think the brothers forget how much Dave helped promote the band behind the scenes and now give him little if any credit....I agree Edward isn`t anyones backup guitarist or will he ever be

You are a fucking moron. How can Ed be the leader of the WHOLE GUITAR WORLD? But not of his band that bears his name that he writes the music to? And that review above was of the same tone the one in chicago had, sammy wins, dlr is out.

SRK
04-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Leading a band and being a leader in the guitar world are to very differnt things....as far as the band having his name he can thank Roth for that.