PDA

View Full Version : ABC Journalist BOB WOODRUFF Hit By IED

Nickdfresh
01-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Breaking story...

CNN reports that, "ABC News anchor Bob Woodruff and his cameraman seriously injured in a roadside bomb attack in Iraq, the network reports."

He's now in surgery at a major US military base, but it doesn't sound good...:(
http://web.adelphia.net/api/hangar.php/c21hcnRjcm9wOjIyMDoyNTAscmVzaXplOjIyMDoyNTA=/http://newsimages.adelphia.net/ap_photos//NY10801291340.jpeg

DrMaddVibe
01-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Cheering for reporters now?

Slow "news" day?

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 11:41 AM
How is that "cheering", you fucking twat?

Reporting News is cheeering?

Should we only talk/discuss/post good news so you feel safe in your little head, ASSVibe?

Fucking pathetic

Nickdfresh
01-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Cheering for reporters now?

Slow "news" day?

Stick to "cheering" for gay TV reality contests, "news" is clearly over your head fuck stump...

DrMaddVibe
01-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Yup the 2 morons of the board...the bastions of the uber-liberal...can't keep their fucking mouths shut about Americans dying.

Admit it...you fags get off on the American deaths.

Nickdfresh
01-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Yup the 2 morons of the board...the bastions of the uber-liberal...can't keep their fucking mouths shut about Americans dying.

Admit it...you fags get off on the American deaths. http://www.cavhooah.com/images/cav%20baby%20from%20wwwrileyarmymil.jpg

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 04:15 PM

Admit it...you fags get off on the American deaths.

Keep your mouths shut.

Is THAT what America means to you?

Wow. You're even more pathetic than generally thought around here.

Getting alot of back up from your "friends" here?

Think they'll agree w/ you Nick was "cheering" a reporter and cameraman being injured?, even though he even put the "mad" smilie for you to understand.

Your parents must have really put the fear of Government into you.

You're too afraid to question anything.

Pussy. :cool:

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Stick to "cheering" for gay TV reality contests, "news" is clearly over your head fuck stump...

LMMFAO

:D

I had no idea ASSVibe was one of those :D

Let me guess, he's a Clay Aiken fan ;)

ASSVibe, you are the weakest link

ga-bye

Nickdfresh
01-29-2006, 04:23 PM
He's an avid IDOL watcher...

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!

Yeah, I guess ABC is celebrating their journalists wounding too:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/print?id=1553996

ABC News' Bob Woodruff and Cameraman in Stable Condition After Iraq Attack
Convoy Carrying 'World News Tonight' Co-Anchor and Cameraman Slammed by Roadside Bomb

Jan. 29, 2006 — - "World News Tonight" co-anchor Bob Woodruff and cameraman Doug Vogt remain in stable but serious condition following surgery at a U.S. military hospital in Iraq. The two and an Iraqi soldier were seriously injured when their convoy was hit by an improvised explosive device in Iraq today.

"We take this as good news, but the next few days will be critical," ABC News President David Westin said in a statement. "The military plans to evacuate them to their medical facilities in Landstuhl, probably overnight tonight."

Woodruff and Vogt suffered shrapnel wounds and underwent surgery at the U.S. military hospital in Balad. Doctors in Landstuhl, Germany, will assess the condition and monitor their recovery in the coming days.

Both Woodruff and Vogt suffered head injuries. Woodruff also suffered wounds to his upper body. Their four-man team was traveling in a convoy with Iraqi security forces in Taji, Iraq. They had been embedded with the 4th Infantry Division and were in a mechanized vehicle on a combined operation with Iraqi Army and Coalition forces when the explosive went off. The explosion was followed by small arms fire.

"This is very common over there now," said White House correspondent Martha Raddatz on "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" today. "These attacks are planned, and this [the small arms fire] is a secondary attack. Sometimes when the medical personnel come in, they have small arms fire following up on that," said Raddatz, who also covered the Pentagon for years and has had entensive experience filing reports from Iraq.

Iraqi Troops Are 'Soft Targets'
The U.S. military said it was conducting an investigation into the attack. The White House released a statement extending its condolences to Woodruff and Vogt.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Woodruff and Mr. Vogt. We are praying for their full and speedy recovery," the statement said. "Our thoughts are with their families and their loved ones.The White House is offering to help in any way as the government does when any American is injured in the line of work."

Woodruff and his crew had been traveling in a U.S. armored humvee, but then transferred into an Iraqi vehicle -- which was believed to be a much softer target for attacks.

"It was a mechanized vehicle," Raddatz said. "At least it wasn't one of the pickup trucks they usually drive around in. They were in the lead vehicle, and they were up in the hatch, so they were exposed."

Raddatz said both Woodruff and Vogt were protected. They were wearing body armor, helmets and ballistic glasses. Woodruff and Vogt were taken by medevac to the Green Zone to receive treatment. They were then flown by helicopter to Balad which is about a 20-minute ride from Baghdad, said Raddatz.

"There are very good doctors, the best medical care you can possibly get, in Balad," said Raddatz.

Training Iraq forces to deter insurgent attacks has become a central focus of U.S. strategy toward ultimate troop reduction and withdrawl. Journalists must travel with Iraqi troops to truly cover the conflict in Iraq, but doing so makes them more vulnerable to attack.

"If you're going to cover the Iraqi military forces, you have to be with them," Raddatz said. "You have to see how they live. I will tell you one thing, a few months ago when I was there and we wanted to get into an Iraqi pickup truck, one of the American soldiers said, you can't do that. It's way too dangerous."

Iraqi security forces, Raddatz said, are a softer target for insurgents.

"It's become a primary target. It's a softer target, as you know, but it is a primary target to attack these forces," Raddatz said. "There have been hundreds and hundreds -- thousands, probably -- of Iraqi security forces killed. Sometimes they're attacked by suicide bombers, but they have become a primary target. It is very dangerous business training these troops, for that reason alone."

But Woodruff and Vogt knew this and were very careful.

"I have worked with Doug Vogt so many times. He is no hot dog. Bob Woodruff would not take risks that were -- without his body armor or anything else. They are both very careful. Doug, as a matter of fact, when he was with Terry Moran a few months ago, they hit a very small IED, and one of the Iraqi forces was killed. Doug was also in that convoy, but he was in an armored humvee at that time."

IED Attacks Double ... But Fewer Deaths
IEDs have accounted for more than half of all U.S. military injuries in Iraq and are the single greatest cause of death of servicemembers.

As of January 21, 2006: 9,282 of 16,548 injuries were caused by IEDs. At least 894 of the 2,242 deaths in Iraq have been from IEDs.

The number of IED attacks on U.S. and coalition forces on Iraq has nearly doubled since 2004. But there have been fewer overall IED-related deaths and injuries.

Each deployment of soldiers has learned how to become more aware of IEDs, protective quipment has become more hardened, and commanders. In addition, commanders have learned how to best move troops around a battlespace in ways intended to limit the effectiveness of IEDs.

Extensive Experience Overseas

Along with Elizabeth Vargas, Woodruff, 44, was named co-anchor of "World News Tonight" last month, replacing the late Peter Jennings, who died of lung cancer last year. Woodruff has been on assignment in Iraq and planned to broadcast from the war-torn country this week for the State of the Union address.

A father of four children, he was one of the first Western reporters in Pakistan following the Sept. 11 attacks.

Woodruff's overseas reporting of the fallout from Sept. 11 was part of ABC News coverage recognized with the Alfred I. DuPont Award and the George Foster Peabody Award, the two highest honors in broadcast journalism.

He has also covered the Iraq conflict in Baghdad, Najaf, Nassariya and Basra. During the initial invasion, Woodruff reported from the front lines as an embedded journalist with the First Marine Division, 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion.

Vogt, a 46-year-old father of three daughters, has been with ABC News for more than 15 years, and has extensive experience in war-torn regions. He was sitting next to ABC News producer David Kaplan when the producer was shot and killed in Bosnia. Earlier this month, he was with Woodruff in Iran and was recently in another convoy in which someone was killed by an IED.

"They've covered all the wars, the hot spots," said ABC New's Jim Sciutto, who is covering the war in Iraq. "The best we have with Doug. He's the cameraman we all request when we go to the field because he's so good, a fantastic eye. He's won so many awards for ABC."

ABC News' prayers are with the families of Woodruff and Vogt.

Copyright İ 2006 ABC News Internet Ventures

Sarge's Little Helper
01-29-2006, 04:23 PM
my cyber prayers are with them :(

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
He's an avid IDOL watcher...

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!

Yeah, I guess ABC is celebrating their journalists wounding too:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/print?id=1553996

Avid Idol Watcher?

A "grown" man?

A "musician" [supposedly]

******FAG ALERT********

Yes, uber-Liberal ABC and the rest of the world is CHEERING the fact these 2 men were seriously injured.

ASSVibe = Hero to ignorant fags the world over......

FORD
01-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Uber liberal ABC?? :confused:

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Uber liberal ABC?? :confused:

I know. :D

Nick and myself "Uber Liberal" :rolleyes:

Hell, you're not even extreme far left. :cool:

ASSVibe is so wrapped in his mommy's flag he can't see/hear/think anything she or Rash/Hannity tells him to think.

Shhhhhhhhhhh........[ don't mention anything bad in Iraq.....it might disturb people's sleep]

I love the ASSVibe mentality. DON'T SPEAK OF ANYTHING WRONG HAPPENING ANYWHERE.......BUT BE VERY AFRAID OF EVERYTHING

fucking idiot.

FORD
01-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Maybe Woodruff stumbled on a story he wasn't meant to see?

Considering he and Elizabeth whatsherface were chosen as the new ABC anchors specifically because of their right wing leanings, it would have had to have been one Hell of a story.

With all the strange things that have happenned to journalists over there, you gotta wonder....

Cathedral
01-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Maybe Woodruff stumbled on a story he wasn't meant to see?

Considering he and Elizabeth whatsherface were chosen as the new ABC anchors specifically because of their right wing leanings, it would have had to have been one Hell of a story.

With all the strange things that have happenned to journalists over there, you gotta wonder....

And right on que, the shift into conspiracy.
It's never the enemy is it?
It's always because someone needed to be silenced for discovering some secret plot to destroy freedom and liberty, or whatever your angle is this time.

Ford, your mind is of an Ian Flemming novel, my tin-foil beanied friend.

FORD
01-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
And right on que, the shift into conspiracy.
It's never the enemy is it?
It's always because someone needed to be silenced for discovering some secret plot to destroy freedom and liberty, or whatever your angle is this time.

Ford, your mind is of an Ian Flemming novel, my tin-foil beanied friend.

Like I said, if it hadn't happenned to so many journalists over there already, the thought would never have entered my mind.

BigBadBrian
01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

You and Nick are Uber Liberals.

FORD is a far laft mixed-bag-of-nuts.

But that is beside the point.

Let's hope Mr. Woodruff and all concerned recover fully.

BTW, look at FOXNEWS new correspondent:

Rudi Bakhtiar:

http://home.planet.nl/~wolf0620/image/bakhtiar31.jpg http://image02.webshots.com/2/1/61/67/46416167pUZgGE_ph.jpg http://www.facade.com/celebrity/photo/Rudi_Bakhtiar.jpg http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/images/bakhtiar.rudi.jpg

Rudi Bakhtiar
Thursday, January 26, 2006

Rudi Bakhtiar joined FOX News Channel (FNC) as a general correspondent in January 2006.

Previously, Bakhtiar served as a primetime contributor on CNN, based in New York. During her tenure at the network, Bakhtiar held various positions, including a three-year stint (2002-2005) as anchor for CNN Headline News' nightly newscast. Prior to that, Bakhtiar was the morning anchor on Headline News and was on air during the terrorist attacks in 2001.

Throughout her career at CNN, Bakhtiar's international reporting has taken her to various foreign regions including Jerusalem, South Africa, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Mali. After joining the network's Los Angeles bureau in 1996 as an intern, Bakhtiar later relocated to the network's headquarters in Atlanta where she became a video journalist for CNN International. She also served as a segment producer for CNNfn and assisted in the launch of numerous business programs on CNN International, before becoming an on-air reporter for CNN Newsroom in 1999.

A graduate of UCLA, Bakhtiar is a recipient of the 2002 Iranian American Republic Council Achievement Award in recognition of outstanding achievements, excellence and accomplishments within the Iranian American community. That same year, Lycos named her as one of the top 20 most popular television news personalities in the broadcast industry.

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182879,00.html)

BigBadBrian
01-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Like I said, if it hadn't happenned to so many journalists over there already, the thought would never have entered my mind.

I guess being a journalist and reporting on conflicts is not an inherently dangerous business, is it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Founded in 1981, CPJ has kept detailed data on journalists killed on duty as part of its mission of defending press freedom worldwide. Here is a tally of several major conflicts, as compiled by CPJ staff.

Journalists killed in conflicts:

• Algeria (1993-96): 58
• Colombia (1986-present): 52
• Balkans (1991-95): 36
• Philippines (1983-87): 36
• Turkey (1984-99): 22
• Tajikistan (1992-96): 16
• Sierra Leone (1997-2000): 15
• Afghanistan (2001-04): 9
• Somalia (1993-95): 9
• Kosovo (1999-2001): 7
• First Iraq war (1991): 4 (All were killed after the official end of the war but died in the conflict in the immediate aftermath.)

Deadliest year in these wars: 1995 in Algeria, when 24 journalists were killed.
Link (http://www.cpj.org/Briefings/Iraq/Iraq_danger.html)

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You and Nick are Uber Liberals.

WRONG

FORD is a far laft mixed-bag-of-nuts.

SEMI-WRONG

Let's hope Mr. Woodruff and all concerned recover fully.

AGREE, AND GOOD OF YOU.

BTW, look at FOXNEWS new correspondent:

Rudi Bakhtiar:

I LOVE RUDI. TOO BAD SHE WENT TO FAUX

[

POJO_Risin
01-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Jesus Christ...

this thread is exactly why after I created this fucking forum...and frequented it a lot in it's early days...

I now see it as a fucking useless part of this board...

Let's see...this thread has gone from...

someone supposedly being happy about them dying...to the "conspiracy theory" that they were searching for a big story...

and turns into a fucking right vs. left bash...

fucking pathetic...

Here's hoping that they LIVE (uh-oh...does that make me a neo con!)...

and Here's hoping that anyone that sees this as any other a story than that...

dies of ass cancer...

that is all...

Nickdfresh
01-29-2006, 06:07 PM

ASSVibe is so wrapped in his mommy's flag he can't see/hear/think anything she or Rash/Hannity tells him to think.

Shhhhhhhhhhh........[ don't mention anything bad in Iraq.....it might disturb people's sleep]

I love the ASSVibe mentality. DON'T SPEAK OF ANYTHING WRONG HAPPENING ANYWHERE.......BUT BE VERY AFRAID OF EVERYTHING

fucking idiot.

Yeah, and corrupt Republican politician should be executed as traitors if they turn state's evidence...

Nickdfresh
01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I guess being a journalist and reporting on conflicts is not an inherently dangerous business, is it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Founded in 1981, CPJ has kept detailed data on journalists killed on duty as part of its mission of defending press freedom worldwide. Here is a tally of several major conflicts, as compiled by CPJ staff.

Journalists killed in conflicts:

• Algeria (1993-96): 58
• Colombia (1986-present): 52
• Balkans (1991-95): 36
• Philippines (1983-87): 36
• Turkey (1984-99): 22
• Tajikistan (1992-96): 16
• Sierra Leone (1997-2000): 15
• Afghanistan (2001-04): 9
• Somalia (1993-95): 9
• Kosovo (1999-2001): 7
• First Iraq war (1991): 4 (All were killed after the official end of the war but died in the conflict in the immediate aftermath.)

Deadliest year in these wars: 1995 in Algeria, when 24 journalists were killed.
Link (http://www.cpj.org/Briefings/Iraq/Iraq_danger.html)

This War has been particularly dangerous for Journalists, since they've been targeted by both sides...

BigBadBrian
01-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah, and corrupt Republican politician should be executed as traitors if they turn state's evidence...

Johnnie Lindh

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Let's see...this thread has gone from...

someone supposedly being happy about them dying...to the "conspiracy theory" that they were searching for a big story...

and turns into a fucking right vs. left bash...

fucking pathetic...

Congratulations....

You just described every thread in the Frontline in the last 18 months.....:cool:

Warham
01-29-2006, 08:12 PM
This War has been particularly dangerous for Journalists, since they've been targeted by both sides...

Yeah, our troops are actively trying to shoot our journalists over there.

:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
01-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Yeah, our troops are actively trying to shoot our journalists over there.

:rolleyes:

Last Update: Monday, September 13, 2004. 7:05am (AEST)
Journalist killed on camera in Iraq

A Palestinian television journalist has been killed while he was giving a live report to camera on deadly clashes between United States forces and insurgents in the heart of the Iraqi capital, Baghdad.

Mazen al-Tomaisi, 28, worked for Saudi television Akhbariya and for the pan-Arab satellite channel Al-Arabiya.

He was killed when a US helicopter fired missiles on a mob that had gathered around a US tank in Baghdad.

The tank had been set ablaze in a car bomb attack, one of a string of bombings across the capital on Sunday (local time).

Blood spattered across the cameraman's lens and screams were heard by viewers of the Al-Arabiya report.

Tomaisi, from the West Bank town of Idna, is the fourth Palestinian journalist killed in Iraq.

An Iraqi cameraman and an Iraqi photographer were also slightly wounded by flying shrapnel during the attack.

An Iraqi official says a total 13 people were killed, including two children, and 55 wounded during the battle in Haifa Street.

The area is a suspected bastion of Saddam Hussein loyalists, where insurgents and US troops clash regularly.

The US military say four soldiers were also wounded.

-- AFP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200409/s1197538.htm

POJO_Risin
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I know Lounge...which is why I fucking refuse to post in here...

Talk about a fucking microcausm of the real world...

everything has to have a fucking right or left wing tint...or some secret agenda...

and you know what...that all might be true...

so what the fuck happened to the people that actually had their own fucking minds...

Hell in a handbasket...absolute hell in a handbasket...

and the problems are on BOTH SIDES OF THE FLOOR...

but when you sit around looking at the OTHER SIDE all the time...nothing gets fucking done...

just like this fucking waste of a forum...

debate?

What's the fucking point if people aren't here to fucking listen...

It takes a big person to take a stand on an issue...

a bigger person to listen to the other side for ways to make their stand better...

it's the founding principle of this country...

which is not to slowly...disappearing...

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Few minds will ever be changed in this Forum, Poj.....

But some can be opened.

maybe.

Cathedral
01-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Opened to what, your way of thinking?
In my opinion we're all pissing in the dark when it comes to the facts of whats going on with this country, Lounge.

Half of the pissing matches in this forum are based on ignorance and/or propaganda the media has fed everyone while most ignore their lack of responsibility or actual truth in their reports.
Television is no better.
It used to be that reporters reported the news to keep the people informed.
Now, they report to get ratings, to be the top dog, and how do they become top dog?
By juicing up a story, "amping it" if you will, to attract viewers or to sell papers.

And then those same stories get posted here as if they were factual to the letter and then used to beat the political adversary over the head with.

Some people are incapable of thinking back further than a few years. some would have everyone believe that the dark cloud over America just showed up one day in 2000....But the skies were just as dark the year before, the decade before, the century before and even the Millenia before.

I take everything here with a grain of salt and i never take it personally.
But i have done my share of ruffling feathers just to be ruffling them, lol.

I'd suggest that this forum get dumped, but then Non will just become a target for the topics posted here.
Creating the monster is easy, disposing of it is quite another issue indeed.

:)

LoungeMachine
01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I'd suggest that this forum get dumped, but ...
:)

I'd hate to see this forum get the ax.

It's one of the best here. :cool:

Cathedral
01-29-2006, 10:29 PM
It's the only one i even spend time in anymore, why that is i have yet to figure out.

DLR'sCock
01-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I will say again that you right wing lunatics are the ones that must get off on young US soldiers dying, because you are the only ones that want to keep those brave kids there and have them continusouly be killed, yeah and they are kids too.

DLR'sCock
01-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Why dump this forum? If one doesn't enjoy what is posted, one simply does not need to read anything here.

POJO_Risin
01-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Cat...you said it about as good as it can be said...

and psssst...propaganda from the media started...hmmm...from the beginning of time...and anyone that thinks there was a time when people in the media weren't trying to SHAPE THOUGHT just plain isn't living in reality...

or how about this...our presidents aren't straight and narrow...and aren't controlled by special interest money...and aren't idiots...and aren't helping shape the media...and ...

well...you get THAT point...

They all just do it LOUDER...which is the "amping" that Cat speaks of. Just like today...I do think there are reporters...and anchors that try and give the news to the best of their ability...

but it's funny...you watch the Sunday morning political fests...and see Brit Hume...on FOX...and fucking George the Greek on ABC...and think...WHAT THE FUCK...I mean...how the fuck can you even look at either one of these guys and not see the agenda. But that's always been what's fun about it all...if you watch both back to back...and find your way in the middle...you get what you need to get...the TRUTH...

The problem is that we all find ourselves digging the line deeper...to deep...so you can't cross it...so you can't find a way to see ANYTHING from either side...

it's just..."This way is the best for everyone...fuck you if you don't agree..."

Granted...their are times that you need to take that tact...as a voter...and times where you need to shut up...and just fucking listen. I follow politics as much or more than sports...lmfao...as it seems to affect my life a bit more...but become increasingly frustrated in the fact that I keep electing people that have stopped looking out for everyone...and are just looking out for themselves...and roughly 50% of the population...

I don't blame them...I blame myself...us as voters...for falling into the fucking trap of just walking up and down party lines for the sake of walking up and down party lines.

right wing...left wing...yeah...the basis of our political system...

but for fuck's sake...when each side starts and continues to look at the other as a separate country...well...it will ultimately lead to what this country perhaps fucking needs...

as the founding fathers fucking said from the start...

because as it stands now...

it ain't gettin' anyone anywhere...

but of course...the left will say I'm to right...

and the right will say I'm to the left...

and no...I'm not a fucking independant...

but for the love of fucking christ...when someone ends up in the fucking hospital...and one side thinks the other is happy...and the other side thinks its a fucking conspiracy...or is that the same side...then you have another side saying...welp...that's just part of it...

that's when I call it a fucking day...

to think that our country is in a place where noone wins...is fucking ridiculous...

This forum needs to be here...to show everyone how fucking idiotic things have gotten...

where...EVERYTHING...is a fight...and a fight noone ends up winning...

a draw is fucking WONDERFUL...

if you like incest...

Someone in West Virginia just raised their hand happy...

Sarge's Little Helper
01-30-2006, 01:29 AM
POJO speaketh the truth, once again.

Warham
01-30-2006, 07:09 AM
I'd hate to see this forum get the ax.

It's one of the best here. :cool:

I'd finally be able to retire...

Nickdfresh
01-30-2006, 08:08 AM
I'd finally be able to retire...

Exactly, exactly...

More free time for slap and tickle...

Golly, I wonder if a big gAy pMİ was sent over this? Methinks somebody dialed their pink-Ace and Gary phone....

This is one of the most dedicated and vibrant forums here... It would be sad to see it go, but not really that sad, I actually like having sophomoric discussion with adults, even if that's a cuntradiction (that can actually handle it)...

Cathedral
01-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Cat...you said it about as good as it can be said...

and psssst...propaganda from the media started...hmmm...from the beginning of time...and anyone that thinks there was a time when people in the media weren't trying to SHAPE THOUGHT just plain isn't living in reality...

or how about this...our presidents aren't straight and narrow...and aren't controlled by special interest money...and aren't idiots...and aren't helping shape the media...and ...

well...you get THAT point...

They all just do it LOUDER...which is the "amping" that Cat speaks of. Just like today...I do think there are reporters...and anchors that try and give the news to the best of their ability...

but it's funny...you watch the Sunday morning political fests...and see Brit Hume...on FOX...and fucking George the Greek on ABC...and think...WHAT THE FUCK...I mean...how the fuck can you even look at either one of these guys and not see the agenda. But that's always been what's fun about it all...if you watch both back to back...and find your way in the middle...you get what you need to get...the TRUTH...

The problem is that we all find ourselves digging the line deeper...to deep...so you can't cross it...so you can't find a way to see ANYTHING from either side...

it's just..."This way is the best for everyone...fuck you if you don't agree..."

Granted...their are times that you need to take that tact...as a voter...and times where you need to shut up...and just fucking listen. I follow politics as much or more than sports...lmfao...as it seems to affect my life a bit more...but become increasingly frustrated in the fact that I keep electing people that have stopped looking out for everyone...and are just looking out for themselves...and roughly 50% of the population...

I don't blame them...I blame myself...us as voters...for falling into the fucking trap of just walking up and down party lines for the sake of walking up and down party lines.

but for fuck's sake...when each side starts and continues to look at the other as a separate country...well...it will ultimately lead to what this country perhaps fucking needs...

as the founding fathers fucking said from the start...

because as it stands now...

it ain't gettin' anyone anywhere...

but of course...the left will say I'm to right...

and the right will say I'm to the left...

and no...I'm not a fucking independant...

but for the love of fucking christ...when someone ends up in the fucking hospital...and one side thinks the other is happy...and the other side thinks its a fucking conspiracy...or is that the same side...then you have another side saying...welp...that's just part of it...

that's when I call it a fucking day...

to think that our country is in a place where noone wins...is fucking ridiculous...

This forum needs to be here...to show everyone how fucking idiotic things have gotten...

where...EVERYTHING...is a fight...and a fight noone ends up winning...

a draw is fucking WONDERFUL...

if you like incest...

Someone in West Virginia just raised their hand happy...

Amen to that...

scamper
01-30-2006, 12:31 PM
People believe they defend what is true and right when in fact they cunningly defend their own personal interests in what they call right. This personal interest can never be right, for what is right for one must be wrong for another. True rightness is above crafty personal interest and therefore needs no defender.

BigBadBrian
01-30-2006, 12:52 PM

People bitch about Congress and say they think it's all hosed up.

However, it's always everyone else's Congressman and Senator that's fucked up about everything. The populace then continues to put the same morons back in office.

I'm looking closer from now on....and I'm not looking whether or not they have an 'R', a 'D' or an 'I' after their name.

:gulp:

diamondD
01-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Yep, that's the only way you can feel you tried to make a difference.

Nickdfresh
01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Back on topic...

Apparently, both Woodruff and Vogt are talking and conscious and are showing improvement...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.woodruff.vogt/index.html

FORD
01-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Call me crazy, but...... isn't flying at 35,000 feet overseas about the last thing you should do with a serious head injury?

Warham
01-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Exactly, exactly...

More free time for slap and tickle...

Golly, I wonder if a big gAy pMİ was sent over this? Methinks somebody dialed their pink-Ace and Gary phone....

This is one of the most dedicated and vibrant forums here... It would be sad to see it go, but not really that sad, I actually like having sophomoric discussion with adults, even if that's a cuntradiction (that can actually handle it)...

It's dedicated, sure, but I'm not sure how vibrant it is. It seems to be on autopilot lately.

FORD
01-30-2006, 04:08 PM
It's dedicated, sure, but I'm not sure how vibrant it is. It seems to be on autopilot lately.

It should wake up again after Chimpy's "National Day of Embarrassing the Entire Fucking Country" (formerly known as the State of the Union speech)

thome
01-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Back on topic...

Apparently, both Woodruff and Vogt are talking and conscious and are showing improvement...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.woodruff.vogt/index.html

That's very nice to hear ..... [I try not to watch too much news even the
-Real world -and I'm not jokein, is a soap. I can tune in once or twice
a week for an hour or two fill my oh so small brain with about
53 kajlillion gig of News, East, West ,Up ,Down ,all around.
Then, wait till Friday for the cliffhanger ]

Back to what i was leading into.

The Front has kept me updated on the Woodruff Situation So, It's
a viable News Link on the Army Web Site...

I would recomend all Discussion Fourum Web Sites have a OUTLET
for the bitchin or discussing of politics and other, Radical, Socialist,
Libertarian ,Rebublican, Righ,t Left ,Stick it in your middle,VENTING
for the Heath of the site.

Its like saying talk about this only -Immediatly- you will find only one
member ....the One who determines Exactly what is to be said.

So, GOD BLESS Woodruff..........and all who stand in the middle of
a fire fight or next to terrorist activities .

Keep YOUR DIK in the DIRT!