X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALMOSTsaved
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

What Movies Should NEVER Be Remade?

It seems that Hollywood has run out of ideas and is in the business of remaking classic movies with updated effects for the MTV generation. Usually it's classic horror films like "The Amityville Horror" and now "The Omen" and "When A Stranger Calls." Hell, even a Kubrick masterpiece like "The Shining" was remaded for TV. So my question is, what movie would absolutely kill you if it were remade?

For me it would be John Carpenter's "Halloween." That movie relied on mood, imagery and a fucking great soundtrack rather than gore. If it were remade today, I'm sure computer graphics and blood would be incorporated, thus killing the suspense factor.

Keep in mind, your pics do NOT have to be of the horror genre.
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I just watched The Fog, the remake, and it sucked compared to the original film.
    Hell, it sucked period...
    Wouldn't mind taking Selma Blair around the matress for a romp, but other than her in skimpy panties...My attention wondered.

I hate remakes, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Tough call...because I don't think any movies should be remade in the strictest of senses...

I would put the Unforgiven on that list...because it's the only Western of it's kind...and totally depended on the actors involved in making it a great film...

I think Die Hard (in the 30 story high...Nakatomi version) in the action front...because it really became a movie that others ripped off from to no avail...and again...depended much on the actors...

Those are just 2 off the top of my head...and don't feel like putting any more thought into it...because they'll all be remade at some point...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Isn't Selma Blair the chick that has no tits?
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Selma Blair, while hot loses points for being married to that dickhead leach Ahmet Zappa.

I'm wondering if because of all the "gansta" rappers obsession with Pacino's "Scarface" if we'll ever see a remake, but with a black actor. Goddamn that would suck...Dealin' coke and killing by day...rapping by night.

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Re: What Movies Should NEVER Be Remade?

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
            Keep in mind, your pics do NOT have to be of the horror genre.
            Any movie with Jack Nicholson in it.
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• wiseguy
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2004

Damn Die hard was mine, any of bruces actually...
              Ok, how about Waynes World...Lol That was gay.

I really wanted to say Die Hard though!

Damn this cheese is a nice compliment.
              Stay frosty now.
              Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• jslav06
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2006

The King Kong remake was actally incredible. Way better than the original. But if I was going to pick a movie that couldn't ever be remade... Kazaam with Shaq. Hell, that movie should never see the light of day actually.
                http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
                I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

• manwiththedogs
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2004

Dawn Of The...Oh yeah, shit...nevermind

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I HATE remakes. Just shows the stupidity of youth, that they can't go and search out the old movies and the laziness of movie makers, that they can't develop ideas.

I'd flip out if they remake Bullitt (don't worry, it'll happen)

Rock n' Roll High School should never be remade, even though Howard Stern has it in development. However, Howard's projects often never see the light of day.

The Good The Bad and the Ugly or any of the classic Clint " man with no name" movies

Carnal Knowledge

To Sir With Love

In the Heat of the Night (even if it was a tv show)

Evil Dead (they're doing it as we speak)

Any of the Dirty Harry Movies

Rebel without a Cause

East of Eden (been done I think)

Giant

I could go on and on....
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

There should never be ANY movie remade at all IMO... The crap never should because they're crappy, and the great ones never should either because those dead losses of today's standardized productions ought to change jobs instead of trying to compensate their total lack of real creativity by pillaging old masterpieces to make dull dough with them...

Damn, did you notice the number of remakes over the last few years? My take is that it's symptomatic of an obvious unability to worthwile creation. Isn't it?
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Take 'Em
                        Head Fluffer
                        • May 2005

Blue Velvet

Slapshot

SpinalTap

Goodfellas

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2004

I'm sending this out to Howard Stern!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE PORKY'S ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a remake for every generation but American Pie CAN NOT touch the original PORKY'S! The principal's office scene is one of cinema's funniest moments. ANY cinema on ANY continent! I'm not gonna mention Kim Cattrel's "LASSIE"! Well, yeah I am.

Anyways, I'm so damn disgusted with Hollywood right now its unbelievable. I can't see how they can remake "The Sons Of Katie Elder" and call it "Four Brothers" or WTF ever! How can you grow the sack to think you can replace "The Duke" with Marky Mark?

Let me testify to this! I'll name two movies that if remade will push me to commit an all out mayhem and carnage spree that will give Hollywood enough new material to last them ohhhhhh, at least till Armaggedon!

"Dirty Harry" and "Outlaw Josey Wales"
                          If I have to give reasons it'll make me feel like you're too young or misinformed to understand why I chose them.

But I'll tell you bout an interview I once saw with Mel Gibson. I forget who it was but the question was, "Have you ever met anyone in Hollywood that you were scared of or intimidated by"?

Mel said, "Yes! I was invited to meet Clint Eastwood at his office one time and I didn't know what he was like. Everyone told me he was this very jovial and witty guy but when I got there I noticed I was about to meet "Dirty Harry" you know? I've seen his movies and he don't have to speak to scare the sh*t outta you. Have you ever seen "Josey Wales" or "A Fist Full Of Dollars? He gives you a little squint and its like trying to stare down a doberman. You can see his teeth but he damn sure ain't smilin!"

I thought that was funny.
                          Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Citizen Kane

American Beauty

Any Star Wars film

The Graduate

Any Hitchcock film

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              The Graduate
                              Jesus, that movie was a fucking classic. The late Anne Bancroft was Goddamn hot in that movie.

Comment

Working...