X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McCarrens
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2004

Dean Under Fire From Party Dems; Nearly All Cash Spent

Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill are privately bristling over Howard Dean’s management of the Democratic National Committee and have made those sentiments clear after new fundraising numbers showed he has spent nearly all the committee’s cash and has little left to support their efforts to gain seats this cycle, ROLL CALL reports.

Congressional leaders were furious last week when they learned the DNC has just $5.5 million in the bank, compared to the Republican National Committee’s $34 million.

Senate and House Minority Leaders Harry Reid (Nev.) and Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), along with the Senate and House campaign committee chairmen Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and Rahm Emanuel (Ill.), have made their concerns -- directly or indirectly -- known to Dean, claims the paper.

Emanuel was particularly upset last week upon seeing the latest DNC numbers.

“A lot of people are scratching their heads as to what’s going on,” said one senior Democratic aide.

Another Democratic source familiar with the party fundraising apparatus said there is “obvious displeasure” among the leaders.

<I>I thought I read something the other week about Dean bragging about how much money the DNC had? Oh well.

Also, I'd like to see a lib attack the content of this post instead of the fact that it came from Drudge. </I>
    "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

hehe.

Rush even mentioned this today.

It must be burning a hole in Dean's pocket.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

More misleading bullshit from the Republican propagandists, supported by the DLC whores.

As I have previously mentioned, Dean set records for off year party contributions, and he did so from individual, not corporate donors.

He also established local party structures in all 50 states. That probably took some money, but that would be an investment, not a loss.

Why would Republicans be so concerned if Dean is bad with money? Wouldn't that work to their advantage??

Reality is that the Pukes are scared shitless of Dean, as they have been since 2003.

And the DLC, likewise, is scared shitless that Democrats are waking up to the reality that corporate funding has not done one goddamned thing to benefit their party, but instead has made it a clone of the Repuke neocons.

Only the treasonous bastards of AIPAC are a bigger cancer on our political system than corporate control. But that's entirely another discussion.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondD
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

So instead of posting actual numbers that dispute it, you just call it propaganda?

Who said the Republicans are concerned? Nobody but you suggested that. The tone of the article is about Democrats being concerned. That wasnt' even a good try on the spin.

You can call it misleading all you want, and try to focus the attention on something else all you want. But 34 to 5 million isn't a good sign for anyone. And the blame will go on Howard Dean, no matter how righteous you make him out to be.
        Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• 4moreyears
          Commando
          • Oct 2004

I Love Howard Dean. Did he invent the Internet too???

Comment

• McCarrens
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            More misleading bullshit from the Republican propagandists, supported by the DLC whores.

<I>I told you he would first attack the source, not the content</I>

As I have previously mentioned, Dean set records for off year party contributions, and he did so from individual, not corporate donors.

<I>I told you I thought I had seen something along those lines. But getting lots of money is only good if you aren't spending more than you bring in.</I>

He also established local party structures in all 50 states. That probably took some money, but that would be an investment, not a loss.

Why would Republicans be so concerned if Dean is bad with money? Wouldn't that work to their advantage??

<I>It's just basic reporting. Where does that story give opnion? Do you not want the media to be fair and honest?</I>

Reality is that the Pukes are scared shitless of Dean, as they have been since 2003.

<I>Everyone Rupublican I know LOVES Dean and wish he had run against Bush in 2004. The only thing better than him running for president is him leading the party.</I>

And the DLC, likewise, is scared shitless that Democrats are waking up to the reality that corporate funding has not done one goddamned thing to benefit their party, but instead has made it a clone of the Repuke neocons.

Only the treasonous bastards of AIPAC are a bigger cancer on our political system than corporate control. But that's entirely another discussion.
            <I>I only addressed the things in your post that weren't personal opinion and fictitious bullshit.</I>
            Last edited by McCarrens; 01-30-2006, 06:26 PM.
            "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

• McCarrens
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2004

Originally posted by 4moreyears
              I Love Howard Dean.
              See? I told you so! Dean is the greatest thing since Reagan to happen to the Republican party!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Thing is, DRUDGE seems to have a lot of completely constructed bullshit these days...

It's tough to take anything off that site with much more than a grain of salt...

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I'm sure it's Diebold's fault somehow. :ssh:
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• diamondD
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Thing is, DRUDGE seems to have a lot of completely constructed bullshit these days...

It's tough to take anything off that site with much more than a grain of salt...

Then what are the numbers?

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

Your missing the point the question is how long until the dems fire back with.

Hot off the presses!!!!!! dit dit dit dit ..........

Republican Windfall money came from Abramoff Killer Slam to the
                      right wing BCE ....dit dit dit .... Washington in Turmoil....Impeach Bush

Hah! beat cha to it ..Winner by a knock out

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                          Then what are the numbers?
                          They're actually not much better..

The Rupubs have a couple mill. less, and the Dems have 7.3 Million in the coffers..

Fine.

But who are the Republicans running in '08?

I mean, who's the money gonna' go to?

McCAIN is the only guy to win anything, and the illiterates and religious-right will never allow him to be nominated...

And if it's just about money, then you're a whore anyways...
                          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-31-2006, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Who are the Democrats going to run? Hillary? LMAO!

51% of the people refuse to vote for her, and we are two years away. Just think what two more years of her talking will do to those numbers.

Who else can they trot out? Kerry? Pelosi? Reid?

Democrats have a slim and none chance of regaining the Oral Office.

Comment

• diamondD
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              They're actually not much better..

The Rupubs have a couple mill. less, and the Dems have 7.3 Million in the coffers..

Fine.

But who are the Republicans running in '08?

I mean, who's the money gonna' go to?

McCAIN is the only guy to win anything, and the illiterates and religious-right will never allow him to be nominated...

And if it's just about money, then you're a whore anyways...

I can pretty much guarantee you that chances are, no matter who is on each ticket, I'll have to hold my nose when I pull the lever. I don't think either one is gonna offer up someone who's gonna get me excited about giving them my vote.

And running an election campaign is about money.

Comment

Working...