PDA

View Full Version : is suicide painless ?

Elitest
04-06-2004, 12:27 PM
which is the preferred method ?

jump from height/in front of train ?
drowning ?
hanging ?
overdose ?

hmm?

Satan
04-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Overdose seems to be the preferred method among those surveyed down here.

Does this mean we should expect your arrival shortly?

High Life Man
04-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Don't do it E!

Don't do it!

;)

Dr. Love
04-06-2004, 01:01 PM
My guess is that whatever way you go, it's not painless. There's got to be a lot of mental and emotional anguish to drive you to that point, and it's not going to go away until you're dead (presumably, anyway)

Satan
04-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Death doesn't help Doc. Hell's a pretty painful place, and since it's hard to ask for forgiveness when you're dead, well, guess what happens when you commit suicide?

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. As much as we would love to have you down here, this Devil would recommend another alternative.

lesfunk
04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Not to mention Death by Van HAgar....

seenbad
04-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Somebody's been watching too many M*A*S*H* re-runs.

Elitest
04-07-2004, 07:59 AM
'fraid not...

Big Troubles
04-07-2004, 08:14 AM
My Dad drowned when he was a small child and was resuscitated. He told me that there is one sense of fear. And in an instant it was over. He said it was peaceful, and if given the choice, he would choose to drown for his death. Sorry if I brought anyone down. ;)

Susie Q
04-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Suicide is not painless in any manner. Physically, emotionally. If you were to take pills, do you think you would just go to sleep and your heart would stop? No, you would have reactions first. If you were to take a gun and shoot yourself you would feel great pain (DUH) first. If you hung yourself, you would feel the cutting off of your airway. Drowing? Well...it takes time for your lungs to fill up with water. In the meantime you would just be frantic. There is no "quick way out".

I'll rant on about this one when I have time later on. I have a LOT more to say on this.

Elitest, if you are feeling depressed about something, the best outlet is people you can trust to talk to. There's a lot of support out there :)

Susie Q
04-07-2004, 06:28 PM
K...I'm back and have another thought on this. You can go any angle you wish. Spiritual, physical, mental. People want to die to go to 'greener pastures'. Or to get out of a bad situation. Hell, I wanna do a Thelma and Louise in the WORST WAY! But, the only rational thing to do is meet the conflict head on. Besides, what you will feel is a sense of accomplishment, and MUCH more stronger. I know I was at wits end about 3-4 years ago. My outlet? Never guess....
It was this place. The support I had with the few I held close to me was wonderful. I value their friendship, guidance, love and support. To see this place back up and to be back in touch with those people.....lets just say it's good to be home again.

Know there is a end to the dark abyss. Know that as you start climbing out you get stronger. Then you learn from your mistakes, move on, and don't look back. There are options, as a very beautiful friend had once said to me. I hold them dear to me.

Hang tough, and kick ass and take names later!! :D

ThrillsNSpills
04-07-2004, 06:36 PM
We're taking the whole Sammy VH thing a little hard. ;)

Funny thing about life is that it can turn around in a big way at any time. Which is an easy thing to forget when things aren't going so well.

Big Troubles
04-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Elitest
which is the preferred method ?

jump from height/in front of train ?
drowning ?
hanging ?
overdose ?

hmm?

Is this a cry for help or a legitimate question? Id hate to think someone is asking for help and were joking around. Listen, if you need someone to talk to, my icq # is posted and you can always PM me.

Funkmonkey
04-07-2004, 06:57 PM
No.

SensibleShoes
04-09-2004, 11:47 AM
The only problem with suicide is that you aren't around afterward to see the chaos you've created. If you're going to hurt everyone you love, you at least want to be around to watch them suffer!

:)

Panamark
04-11-2004, 07:27 AM
I dont want to answer this until you tell us why you want to know ??

Mr Grimsdale
04-12-2004, 05:24 PM
barely a day goes by when i don't consider it

Cathedral
04-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Suicide is the way of the coward, no joking around here. It is seriously a cowards solution and in my experience if someone is going to do it they just do it, they don't talk about doing it, they simply do it, period.

I have known personally 3 friends who killed themselves.

One killed himself because his brother died in a car accident and they had a huge fist fight the day before and the issue was never resolved, guilt caused him to sit down with his mother one late night to watch TV, a 12 pack and a bottle of 33 Painkillers...He drank 6 beers and took all the pain killers and his mother thought he was asleep until she noticed he wasn't breathing...

Another was our drummers step sister, every bit of 14 years old, had a mother who cussed her and called names and a father who treated her like a slave. she was never allowed to do anything while his wifes kids (my friends) came and went as they pleased. she had to cook for everyone, clean for everyone.....Sort of a Cinderella story with a tragic ending.
She went just a few hundred feet away from the house with her fathers police revolver, sat on a picnic table, burried the barrel in her chest and pulled the trigger....she was found early the next morning when the sun came up.

And another, Janets Father, who i wrote about above. He was so riddled with guilt for how he treated his daughter, the lies he told to his wife about getting big money when he was hurt performing a traffic stop that caused her (our drummers mother) and cost her to lose the house she had bought before he ever met her, plus numerous other lies he was busted in.
He took the same gun his daughter used, went to her grave and stood there for hours crying and talking to himself and Janet I presume. Someone saw him there and called the cops. there were helicopters and cops all over the place trying to talk him out of it and then he suddenly put the gun to his chest and pulled the trigger.

The one thing in common with all these people were they never said a word to anyone about their intentions.
None of them had any damn good reason to take their own lives but there are many demons that roam this earth looking for the weak minded at the end of their ropes and they possess the mind with thoughts that there is no other solution but ending it all.

Sorry folks, taking your own life is not a solution to anything and if those thoughts ever enter your mind I suggest you call a friend and start venting. you will find that someone elses view will help open doors to very good solutions that are far better than destroying the lives of those who love you and care deeply for you, not to mention your own.

Cowboy the fuck up, pull up those boot straps and learn to live life to its fullest. Take each day as it comes and don't allow anyone or anything to bring you down. Life is what me make it and all messes can be cleaned up if you just take control.
My mother used to tell me that we always hit rock bottom before we can start climbing again......The point i got from it all is that once you are at your lowest there is no other way to go but up.

Life is an awesome thing and it will be over soon enough for us all, don't be a coward and quit, it isn't painless for those who do it and it is definately not painless to those who loved you and remain here...

that's my .02 cents worth....Happy Posting...........

ThrillsNSpills
04-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Excellent Post Cathedral.
Good points bro, hope it helps her out

Dr. Love
04-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Well, the important thing to remember is that there's basically 2 kinds of suicidal people: Those who are serious, and those who want attention.

The serious kind don't tell anyone, they just do it. You may find it cowardly; that's fine. I personally find it amazing. Serious suicidal people get to that point usually when they feel there isn't any other solution.

There's no way to stop someone that is serious about suicide, it doesn't matter what you tell them. The only thing that will stop them is if they find an alternative solution that they believe will work.

Suicide isn't painless; a lot of people's lives are majorly affected when someone commits suicide. You leave behind friends and loved ones whose lives will be forever changed.

Suicide isn't a coward's solution, it's a desperate person's solution. And it's not the best solution no matter what.

Rubnose
04-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Can you imagine robbing what could be generations of happiness from the ripples of your life.

I wouldn't kill myself cause tommorrow I just may find an answer that someone is looking for. Tommorrow just might be my day. today might have been a suck job but what about tommorrow. Too many people depend upon my tommorrow. People who I haven't even met yet do.

Fuck that cry baby suicide shit. Can you imagine if that guy who is going to win the lottery tommorrow killed himself tonight?

I'm sticking with it. Bring on the bullshit cause I'm here to stay.

Cathedral
04-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Suicide isn't a coward's solution.

Sure it is, desperation only carries a person to the point of a cowardly act.
It's the ultimate task of giving up, quitting, because there is no turning back once the life is gone.

In the 3 cases I mentioned it was really not worth ending it all...
And another example is the child molester, such as the guy my cousin was married to who drank Antifreeze a day before he was to be arrested for raping his own daughter for 4 years.

You have your view, I have mine...

Dr. Love
04-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Cat, as I recall, you were singing a different tune before you "died". I'm glad to hear you've changed your outlook. :cool:

seenbad
04-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Bottom line would be fuck no it isn't painless!! What kind of crazy question is THAT?! It'd hurt like hell. It's called DYING. That's gonna leave a mark. Nothing would or could ever hurt worse. It's DYING. There is VERY MUCH PAIN and AGONY involved it this process of LOSS OF LIFE, no matter what the method. I'd think duration is a variable, but the bottom line is IT WOULD REALLY FUCKING HURT BADLY!!!

GAR
04-15-2004, 02:24 PM
What better a questiion to ask is, Isn't it LESS painful to try:

- a different social circle
- a different group of freinds
- a different diet
- a different daily routine

Why not try: the long way home from work?
Why not WALK to lunch, school, work, shopping?

Why not look outward instead of inward - do something for someone else.. the elderly. Shit like that takes ones mind off how best to bump onesself off you know..

ELVIS
04-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love

The serious kind don't tell anyone, they just do it.

That's bullshit!

I Was serious and I told people...

I'm also a well trained psychiatric nurse...

I thought I would NEVER get to that point.. that I was above the weak minded pussies that wanted to do such a selfish act...

Well.. I WAS there.. and I talked about it... Thank God the right people were there to listen...

Good day...

:elvis:

Dr. Love
04-16-2004, 09:07 PM
If you're serious, why are you going to tell people? You know they're just going to stop you, and if you're serious about doing it, you don't want people to stop you.