Who is looking forward to the SB Halftime show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who is looking forward to the SB Halftime show?

Any of you guys looking forward to seeing The Stones perform during halftime of the Super Bowl?

I am.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I know Dave's PA Rental is holding out the hope that Britney and N'Sync will be sharing the stage with them...

of course...I'm sure it will all depend on how much he's had to drink...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I like the Stones, but halftime is better served refilling the eats and drinks involved.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

What, the Joe Thunder Halftime Extravaganza was cancelled?

fuck me.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If anyone joins the Stones on stage, it better damn well be Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman.

None of that Titney/N'Suck shit, Mick!!
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

I just pray Keith doesn't have a "wardrobe malfunction"

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
              What, the Joe Thunder Halftime Extravaganza was cancelled?

fuck me.

Joe is going with a new name for it.

Shaft-Time Ram-a-vanza.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                Veteran
                • Apr 2004

I'll be watching the Lingerie Bowl, half drunk!

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• HELLVIS666
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  I just pray Keith doesn't have a "wardrobe malfunction"

HA!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
                    I'll be watching the Lingerie Bowl, half drunk!

www.lingeriebowl.com

Hope you find something in your size

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Jagger: No halftime wardrobe failures

Rolling Stones singer says censors don't have to worry; entertainers also address Motown flak.

Adam Graham / The Detroit News

Aaron Neville will sing the national anthem live with Aretha Franklin, but the music will be prerecorded, he says Thursday. See full image

Stevie Wonder will do a medley for the pregame show and Aretha Franklin will sing the national anthem. As for the fuss over the halftime show: "We're fans of the Stones," Wonder says.

The NFL doesn't have to worry about Mick Jagger dropping any F-bombs during Sunday's halftime show at the Super Bowl. He got them out of his system during a press conference at the Renaissance Center on Thursday afternoon.

"Network television. They're always worried about how many times you're going to say f--- on the air," said Jagger, singer of the Rolling Stones, to a roar of applause from the hundreds of assembled members of the media.

Jagger also joked that while Aretha Franklin intended to strip while singing the national anthem, the network censors wouldn't need to monitor any Stones wardrobe malfunction at halftime Sunday.

"We'll all be one family; they needn't worry about it," he said.

Jagger, looking fresh and fit, did most of the talking, while his longtime bandmate Keith Richards, fishing lures dangling from his hair, added an irreverent running commentary.

The band immediately addressed the controversy that erupted when they were chosen over homegrown Detroit acts.

"The thing about the NFL is, they run a good show, but occasionally they make a mistake," Jagger said. "But they were quick to rectify it."

"Motown left Detroit years ago, anyway!" Richards growled.

At an earlier press conference, Franklin and Stevie Wonder addressed the controversy, too.

"If we didn't want the Stones, we wouldn't be here," Wonder said. "We're fans of the Stones."

Franklin was blunter.

"We were a little upset initially," Franklin said. "Detroit is a city of music legends, and we thought it would be remiss to come all the way here and not use at least oneartist from Detroit. But I'm appreciative of the fact that they did ask me to do the halftime show several times before, and the anthem this time."

At the game Sunday, Franklin will sing the national anthem with Aaron Neville, while Wonder will be joined by Joss Stone, John Legend and India.Arie for the pregame show, doing a Motown medley.

Neville said he and Franklin will sing the national anthem live; the music will be prerecorded.

Another highlight of the Stones conference came when a reporter asked about the running joke that after a nuclear war the only things left standing will be the Rolling Stones and cockroaches.

"What do you plan on doing to make sure you outlive that cockroach?" the reporter asked.

"I'm gonna eat 'im!" Richards said.

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

This should be Grate! U2, And Paul McCartney have been the best halftime shows thus far, But The Stones could but The Best Thus Far!
                        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2004

It's gonna be hard to top Sir Paul, that was freakin amazing last year.
                          http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                          Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                          Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                            If anyone joins the Stones on stage, it better damn well be Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman.

None of that Titney/N'Suck shit, Mick!!
                            The rumor is that VH will reconvene....

Shhh, I have good sources...
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

3 songs...

Hmmm, let's see....

Start Me Up....

Satisfaction...

Jumping Jack Flash....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...