• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

McNabb says Owens' criticism amounts to ``black-on-black crime''

February 1, 2006

DETROIT (AP) -- Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb injected a race element into his rift with Terrell Owens on Wednesday, saying the receiver's criticism amounted to "black-on-black crime."

In an interview with ESPN, McNabb rehashed some of the low moments of his relationship with his teammate, making fun of Owens' driveway apology and bringing up the race angle.

In November, responding to a question from Michael Irvin during an ESPN interview, Owens said Philadelphia would likely be in a better situation if Brett Favre was the quarterback instead of the banged-up McNabb.

"It was like, it's unreal," McNabb said. "That's like me going out and saying, `Hey, if we had Steve Largent. If we had Joe Jurevicius. It was definitely a slap in the face to me. It was a slap in the face because, as deep as people want to go into it, it was black-on-black crime."

Not long after that, an NAACP leader criticized McNabb for "playing the race card" in explaining why he didn't run the ball as often as he used to.

In November, the Eagles suspended Owens for the remainder of the season for his repeated criticism of the team, McNabb and several other issues. The team recently gave Owens permission to seek a trade, and this week he visited the Denver Broncos.

On Wednesday, McNabb brought up some of the criticism he had taken through his career, and said Owens was simply piling on with his statement.

"It's different to say, `If we had Michael Vick or Daunte Culpepper or Steve McNair or Byron Leftwich," McNabb said of four black starting quarterbacks. "But to go straight to Brett Favre, that kind of just slapped me in the face like, `Wow ..."'

Owens apologized twice publicly -- once after his preseason holdout and then again, in his driveway, after he was suspended.

"The first apology, that was to the organization," McNabb said. "Then, I was thrown in there -- `If I offended Donovan in any way' -- you know. Instead of that, you could have just told me, hey, I apologize for the way it came out. I didn't mean it that way. Just come talk to me."

AP Story
  • boy, u stupid
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2005

wHO GIVES a shit about either one of these underachieving big mouthed ******s. Quit fucking clogging up my site fruit.

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Do something bitch. Period.

Do you address your dad with that racial talk?

I know he isn't having it.

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

i definitely lost a little respect for mcnabb. i thought he initially handled the T.O. situation really well.

but playing the race card is just stupid.

if T.O. had said alex smith, or patrick ramsey, or joey harrington, or even jake plummer, i would understand. but the QB he picked (or responded to) is arguably the greatest career QB playing at the time.

2 superbowl wins, a couple of MVP awards, sure-fire hall of famer. renouned for his toughness (not missing a game in like 14 seasons.)

am i supposed to believe that it would have been better if owens wished he played with aaron brooks, instead?

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
          Veteran
          • Apr 2004

Owens sucks! Ban him!
          http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
          Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
          Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• boy, u stupid
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2005

is this fucking red head obsessed with the ******s. They're all fucking stupid, who cares what they say, they're mostly all filthy criminals, why clog by board up with all this ****** talk. WHO GIVES A FUCK. BY THE WAY WE ARE NOW TARGETING BONECRUSHER SMITH.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by boy, u stupid
              is this what happened when I was fucked in the ass like a red headed step child in prison, i become obsessed with the ******s. They're all fucking my loose asshole stupid, who cares what they say, they're mostly all filthy criminals with my shit on their cocks, why clog my asshole up with all this ****** cock? WHO GIVES A FUCK, I LIKE IT. BY THE WAY WE ARE NOW TARGETING YOUNG CHILDREN AT PLAYGROUNDS AND ROLLAR RINKS.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Such a bitter little bitch JOEY. So, how many cigarettes was that pedophile ass worth in the pen?

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by boy, u stupid
                  is this fucking red head obsessed with the ******s. They're all fucking stupid, who cares what they say, they're mostly all filthy criminals, why clog by board up with all this ****** talk. WHO GIVES A FUCK. BY THE WAY WE ARE NOW TARGETING BONECRUSHER SMITH.
                  "by board"?

Yo daddy teach yuz to talk like dat?

Bonecrusher Smith?

He's going to be fucking 53 in April you idiot.

Read and learn asswipe, or get your P.O. to do it for you.

Smith was the first heavyweight champ to hold a degree, you can't get past a GED.

Comment

Working...