Blix: Iraq Was Better Off With Saddam...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Blix: Iraq Was Better Off With Saddam...

http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/257892|top|04-06-2004::10:26|reuters.html

Report: Blix Says Iraq Worse Off After War

Email this story

Apr 6, 10:17 AM (ET)

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - The costs of the war in Iraq have outweighed the benefits of removing Saddam Hussein, former U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix told a Danish newspaper.
    "It's positive that Saddam and his bloody regime is gone, but when one weighs the costs, it's clearly the negative aspects that dominate," Blix told daily Jyllands-Posten in an interview.

The Swedish diplomat has criticized the United States and Britain for going to war without U.N. approval rather than allowing his team to continue its hunt for banned weapons.

In the interview, Blix said the war had contributed to a destabilization of the Middle East and a move away from democracy in the region, adding that even though Iraqis had been spared life under a dictator, it was at too high a cost.

"Bush declared war as a part of the U.S. war on terror, but instead of limiting the effects of terror, the war has laid the foundation for even more terror," Blix said.

Blix was scorned by the United States and Britain for failing to conclude Iraq was hiding weapons of mass destruction ahead of their invasion. But a year on, no such weapons have been found.

Blix, a lawyer and former Swedish foreign minister who at 75 now serves as chairman of Sweden's Weapons of Mass Destruction Commission, retired from the United Nations last June.
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Yeah Hans, tell that to the hundreds of thousands of victims Saddam's regime murdered. Tell that to the women who were forcibly raped. Tell that to the relatives of people that were tossed into wood chippers. Fuckin' moron.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Big picture here...

Saddam was good for Iraq in the same sense that the Iron Curtain was good for Yugoslavia.

Keeping stability between 3 separate populations who hate each other, by oppressing them all equally might have sucked for those who lived under such regimes, but the result was better to the surrounding countries and the world in general.

Solution might be to divide Iraq into three parts now, so a Bosnia Kosovo type mess is unneccessary to stop a Serbian style genocide. Let them run their own countries, turn Chalabi over to the Jordanians, and get the fuck out of there - problem solved.
      Last edited by Satan; 04-06-2004, 03:26 PM.
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan

Solution might be to divide Iraq into three parts now, so a Bosnia Kosovo type mess is unneccessary to stop a Serbian style genocide.

Oh, we agree on something! Thing is, would they start fighting about territory?
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• John Ashcroft
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

This is laughable.

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

There's about 666 American kids down here in Hell who don't find this laughable. I just admitted a dozen more from Fallujah.

Are you still laughing? I'm not finding this humorous, and I'm the Devil.
            Last edited by Satan; 04-06-2004, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Viking
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

No, FORD, it's not any funnier than your inference that volunteer American troops killed in combat went straight to Hell, you civilian asshole.

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Viking
                No, FORD, it's not any funnier than your inference that volunteer American troops killed in combat went straight to Hell, you civilian asshole.
                No, they didn't ALL come to Hell. I just like the number 666. Comes with the territory down here. But my original point stands. And I don't mean either of the 2 on top of my head.

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

BTW, who are you calling a civilian? I'm a veteran of the First War

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

They most difinitely would fight over territory.

Israel would be small in comparasion.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Didn't anyone tell Hans his 15 minutes is over? What a fucking clown. His motives (and people like him) are so fucking apparent that it discredits anything they have to say about operations in Iraq.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                        There's about 666 American kids down here in Hell who don't find this laughable. I just admitted a dozen more from Fallujah.

FORD you're a first class ASSHOLE for the above statement. You have no fucking clue on what does or does not admit someone to hell. You fucking jerk-off.
                        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

I find it amusing that you mortals would rather pick apart the Devil's words just to find something to bitch about, rather than acknowledge the simple fact that GEORGE BUSH JUNIOR IS MURDERING AMERICANS FOR NO GODDAMNED VALID REASON!!

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Nice try at backpeddling Satan... We're on to you.

Although it's fitting that you'd prefer Saddam's torture chambers to the current situation in Iraq. You are, after all, Satan. And you're doing a wonderful job as spokesman for the Democratic party.

Comment

• Viking
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Having spent a few years ensconced within the inner workings of the defense complex (GROUND ZERO), it really amazes me that a few of you ill-informed (and I don't count tinfoil-hat Geocities web sites as 'intel') ideologues latch onto a singular, molecule-sized point of reference, and allow your entire existence to orbit around it.

How little you know. I fear for my fellow citizens when I realize that you have the right to vote. And THAT will be America's undoing, not some wild-eyed, military-industrial/Big Oil X-Files theory. If it gives purpose to your existence, fine - but quit fucking the rest of American society because you feel warm and safe in your self-made coccoon. There will be an eventual price to pay, and it very well may not be the bill you were anticipating.

Comment

Working...