PDA

View Full Version : VH mention on Elliott in the Morning (DC/Baltimore)

Polk High
02-03-2006, 11:29 PM
For those that don't know Elliott in the Morning is a local show in the DC/Baltimore region. They were reviewing the Bon Jovi concert they all went to last night and all agreed that it sucked big time. I've seen BJ 3x and each time it has gotten worse. Of course I saw him for the first time on his greatest hits tour so he played all the hits and it was the last night of the tour in Giant's stadium so they played their asses off. Well after that show they had no where else to go but down and boy did they ever.

Well the crew on this radio show were talking about the show and elliott was saying his wife is a big sambora fan who just couldn't admit that the show sucked. One of his friends was driving the car he says and his wife says "well they may have had a bad night but sambora is still by far the best guitarist in the 80's by far.... Well of course anyone who knows anything about guitar knows this to be so far from the truth its ridiculous. Elliott says he made his friend slam on the breaks and they all started yelling that EVH was the best. On the radio show this morning they played Everybody wants some in honor of his wife not getting any from him until she admits that EVH is by far better then sambora.

Just thought it was funny story, i applaud anyone that read the whole thing.

Plexi Head
02-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Polk High
For those that don't know Elliott in the Morning is a local show in the DC/Baltimore region. They were reviewing the Bon Jovi concert they all went to last night and all agreed that it sucked big time. I've seen BJ 3x and each time it has gotten worse. Of course I saw him for the first time on his greatest hits tour so he played all the hits and it was the last night of the tour in Giant's stadium so they played their asses off. Well after that show they had no where else to go but down and boy did they ever.

Well the crew on this radio show were talking about the show and elliott was saying his wife is a big sambora fan who just couldn't admit that the show sucked. One of his friends was driving the car he says and his wife says "well they may have had a bad night but sambora is still by far the best guitarist in the 80's by far.... Well of course anyone who knows anything about guitar knows this to be so far from the truth its ridiculous. Elliott says he made his friend slam on the breaks and they all started yelling that EVH was the best. On the radio show this morning they played Everybody wants some in honor of his wife not getting any from him until she admits that EVH is by far better then sambora.

Great stroy.

Nickdfresh
02-03-2006, 11:51 PM
He forgot to say that Classic VAN HALEN was 1000x better than Bon Jobi on their best day. And anyone attending a Bon Jovi concert should just kill themselves for being such a fucking tasteless douche tube...

(For subsidizing such feel-good, white bread milk toast, pseudo-rock and roll crap. Die you fucking yuppie pigs...)

Yes, I'm drunk.

wiseguy
02-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
He forgot to say that Classic VAN HALEN was 1000x better than Bon Jobi on their best day. And anyone attending a Bon Jovi concert should just kill themselves for being such a fucking tasteless douche tube...

very well said

rustoffa
02-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Polk High

You know, anybody reading any whole thing nowadays is worth applause. Strike that.

I'll say this...there's this video clip from some tribute to guitar players' or whatever...somebody help me out. EVH was on the thing...it's not the Les Paul tribute. Fucking Sheryl Crow and Bryan Adams are on it....so was Sambuuca.

It was fucking hilarious....in one clip, Bryan Adams is visibly pissed about EVH's noodling shenanigans' during his song. The best part was Sambora stomping on his wah-wah pedal like Peter Frampton with his eyes dilated....just fucking cheese-grinning and bilking it. Fucking Ed steps right in front of the fucker with a "oh yeah?" look on his face, and busts' out EVH for dummies....hammer on for hammerheads....Cliff Notes for polka-dotted flying v's.

Anyone seen that?
:confused:

Hardrock69
02-04-2006, 01:06 AM
No...but the story is fucking hilarious!
:D

rustoffa
02-04-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
No...but the story is fucking hilarious!

It happened HR....I make alot of shit up, but not this. Surely someone knows what I'm loosely referring to!

Here's a synopsis: Remember the solo in the Brazillian cover of 'Beer Drinkers And Hell Raisers?' That's what it sounded like when EVH stepped in front of the Samborian effects-pedal'd dipshit.

I know what you're thinking....yep. That exact tone. Fucking Bryan Adams went and got a light days panty shield.....Sheryl Crow ran like a knee-knocked bitch. So did Sambucca!

Big Fat Sammy
02-04-2006, 12:47 PM
LMAO!

That was where they did a cover of "Bitch" the Stones song?

Coyote
02-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
the Brazillian cover of 'Beer Drinkers And Hell Raisers?'

Could you clarify this a bit? Covered by who?

Big Fat Sammy
02-04-2006, 01:53 PM
The ZZ Top song covered by CVH!

Dave's PA Rental
02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Maybe Sambora had an off night because he knew his wife was going to file for divorce the next day?

Big Troubles
02-04-2006, 04:08 PM
good story.

Lloyd Anger
02-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey rust, could what your referring to be the City of Hope show with the All-Stare Garage band? (Henley, Mellencamp etc...)

stringfelowhawk
02-05-2006, 06:45 PM
After making a guest appearance on "Ally Mcbeal", Jon Bon Jovi was asked what he thought about the then relatively new band "The Darkness" and he said, "I don't like it. It sounds like a parody of hard rock. Doesn't do anything for me."

When Justin Hawkins (The Darkness' Lead Singer) was told about his comment in a later interview he responded, "That's really disappointing. I wonder what the rest of the cast of Ally Mcbeal thinks?"

That sounded like a Dave quote to me. Especially the way he pretty much dismissed Bon Jovi as a musician by insinuating he's more an actor than a rock star. I read that and then painted my wall with Mt. Dew!

That made me laugh and I was thinking, "This guy has a bit of Diamond Dave's quick wit and that could be good for the sake of interviews."