X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The Colts to let go Edgerrin James?

It really looks like the Colts are destined to be...

well...the Chargers of the 80's...

congrats...

Edgerrin James has resigned himself to the possibility his playing days with the Colts are over. Team president Bill Polian has made it clear in recent interviews the Colts' offseason priorities included retaining wide receiver Reggie Wayne, who like James will become an unrestricted free agent in early March, and extending the contract of three-time Pro Bowl defensive end Dwight Freeney.
    -- Indianapolis Star
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

He could have been had last season for a 3rd rounder.

I don't understand it.

He and Alexander are both ready for new deals, but the market for backs has changed.

Hell, the NFL has changed.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

There's definately not a strong need for running backs in this league...other than a few teams...backs seem to be exceedingly interchangable...which makes me wonder if there are going to be those solo backs...the Barrys and the Walters...that created...

because most backs seem to be line created...in a sense...

good backs made great by great lines...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Absolutely.

Both the Indy line and Seattle's are amongst the league's best.

Alexander may want to reconsider any monster demands as I'm sure he could be good on another team, but this line helped him to the TD record and MVP.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Not to mention a West Coast offense...that in general...paves the way for holes...

but the WCO maybe singlehandedly killed the RB as we know it...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I know I want every available player to go to Miami, but wasn't there some talk before the last contract that he may go there?
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Because he was from the area, they thought it may be a possibility after Ricky Williams bailed.

No way does he end up there now.

And agreed POJO ... the WCO did kill the RB.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I just can't see another team offering up Alexander that kind of cash...

other than Seattle...

I COULD see perhaps...Philly...sneaking in this talk...

a Westbrook/Alexander combo would be fucking murder...

but I wonder if Philly is sick of "star" mentality...

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Im sure their thinking is,
                  they had luck after marshall
                  left, why not the same for edge? lol
                  IMO thats what I believe..

EUAS

Comment

• DlocRoth
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

The Edge to the Vikes......
                    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Mama's Fool
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

I really could see one of those guys going to Carolina. Miami proved you need two good backs and with Foster's ability to get injured they could be in the market. Arizona might also be in the mix, but in the end won't get one of those guys.

Comment

• Mama's Fool
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

The other thing is that Indy won't have the money to keep Wayne, James, redo Freeney's contract, sign Mathis, and I know I'm missing someone else.

So for them, they probably will let Mathis go. They will have to decide between Wayne and Edge. It seems quite a bit harder to find a receiver of Wayne's caliber than it is to find a running back of Edge's caliber.

Comment

Working...