Roth Radio gets positive review from obscure source!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Roth Radio gets positive review from obscure source!

So I was @ the Kroger© earlier shopping for superbowl sunday supplies...just a fucking free-for-all. It was like an Ikea opening or some shit....buggies banging, people hording chili fixins', chips, etc. You know what I'm screamin'.

Fast forward to the dairy section. I'm standing there wondering what size buttermilk to buy for the avacado soup, when this 50-something lady says, "excuse me, I noticed your shirt....DAVID LEE ROTH?" I was pretty taken aback, and just busted out a simple "yeah!" and smiled. I guess she phrased it as a question because of the simple "Got Roth?" graphic. She goes, "did you know he replaced Howard Stern?" I'm like, "ohhhh yeah...I heard about that, are you a big fan?" She said that she wasn't, but her husband loved Stern....went on and on about how she could never appreciate it. Yadda-yadda.....goes on to say that she "googled" David Lee Roth radio show, and listened to the show at work.

I go, "is it any good?"

She's all like, "you have no idea! He's really intelligent...they were talking about the brokeback mountain movie....I was laughing myself to death!"

I asked her if it was just a comedy show or something...she assured me it wasn't....just gushed about how interesting the show was.

Anyways, I eventually asked her what her favorite Van Halen song was....without flinching, she goes, "California Girls!"

Now THAT my friends, is an unbiased opinion.
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Loving Stories like this......We really need to get a T-SHIRT that advertises ROTH RADIO - not only do I want to wear one, but.....Love to get trend to the point of the T-Shirt making "PAGE 6"....maybe we can get that "Celebritard Paris Hilton" to wear one......DAVE would get a kick out of that!

I hate this Hilton Biotch, but what the hell......use her in Dave's Advertising Favor !!!

(I don't think STERN has done a campaign like this......whatcha think?)

I can try to contact his publicist if you think the idea has any validity.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Exactly, exactly....

Good work..as always Rus....

Comment

• Polk High
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

good post
        We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• Jurak
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2005

T-shirts for Roth radio........I'll take three.........

Make it so........
          "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
          That is all.
          Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Re: Roth Radio gets positive review from obscure source!

Originally posted by rustoffa

Now THAT my friends, is an unbiased opinion.
            excellent.

My Mom digs Dave and she's in her 60's. She likes Gigolo and Cali Girls and Thats Life, etc.

When I was kid, we were in the car and I had on "Van Halen".
            Eruption was on and she said that it made her want to drive off a cliff.
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Cool beans ... spreading the word!
              Originally posted by rustoffa

I asked her if it was just a comedy show or something...
              Rusto acting uninformed .. LOL! UndercoverArmy! Good job stealthy one!

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

California Girls IS the best Van Halen song.

Comment

• bantonelli
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Wow, wouldn't that hit the Sisters below the belt to tell them how much you love Van Halen and that you love their song "CALIFORNIA GIRLS"...........
                  "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
                    Wow, wouldn't that hit the Sisters below the belt to tell them how much you love Van Halen and that you love their song "CALIFORNIA GIRLS"...........
                    LMAO.
                    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• bru87tr
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2004

daves show is really good now. he really has settled in nicely. hes much funnier too. funny to think dave was nervous in the beginning but listening to him now compared to when it started there is no doubt, he clearly was. which is normal.
                      "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

Working...