• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Terrorists Escape Yemeni Jail

USS Cole attacker escapes prison

Sunday, February 5, 2006; Posted: 10:09 a.m. EST (15:09 GMT)

The attack on the USS Cole in 2000 claimed the lives of 17 sailors.

(CNN) -- Interpol has issued "an urgent global security alert" after 23 "dangerous individuals" -- including a man identified as the mastermind of the attack on the USS Cole in 2000 -- escaped from a Yemeni prison.

The international crime-fighting organization said Sunday at least 13 of the 23 who escaped Friday were "convicted al Qaeda terrorists, some of whom were involved in attacks on U.S. and French ships in 2000 and 2002."

"Al Qaeda terrorists have been deemed a serious threat to the entire world community by the U.N. Security Council, by Interpol and by a wide range of countries," Interpol Secretary General Ronald K. Noble said in the statement.

They escaped via a 140-meter (150-yard) -long tunnel "dug by the prisoners and co-conspirators outside," Interpol said.

"Their escape cannot be considered an internal problem for Yemen alone."

Among the escapees was Jamal Ahmed Badawi, the mastermind behind the attack on the USS Cole on October 12, 2000, while the destroyer was in the Aden, Yemen, harbor for a routine fuel stop.

The attack killed 17 sailors and wounded 39 others.

Also among the escapees was Fawaz Yahya Al-Rabeei, one of those responsible for attacking the French tanker Limburg in 2002.
  • 4moreyears
    Commando
    • Oct 2004

That is why we shoud just kill these fuckers.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I thought Al Zawarhi was the "mastermind" of the Cole bombing??

Can these guys keep their fucking stories straight for even one week?
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Gee, how many more coincidental things are going to happen to scare people into supporting the Patriot Act?

I'm sorry but all of this escalated Terror crap is just too suspicious to me. It really couldn't be scripted any better.

And maybe there will even be a small attack somewhere, ya know, just to push things over the edge a little.

This Administration is scared to death their precious Patriot Act is going to get buried and i hope it does.
        I don't need the US government to protect me and mine, what i need them to do is close the open borders so we won't have so many of them to shoot when they turn on us in our streets.

That whole, "Your streets will run red with the blood of Americans" thing kind of stuck with me, ya know what i mean?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm sad to say that if an attack happens, it won't be a small one. I haven't really kept up with the political situation in Israel since Sharon went veggie, but last I heard, his startup party (even without him) was still holding the lead over the Likuds.

If Likud loses power in Israel, it's going to be more difficult for them to hold up their end of the PNAC agenda, so from their perspective, they need something to happen within the next few weeks, to scare Israeli voters into not trusting a new party.

Iran would be the obvious scapegoat. Better yet, they stage the attack in Vancouver or Toronto and drag the new Canadian neocon PM into the mess.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Ahhhhh, trust, now there is a word for the ages.

Ya know what i trust, Ford?
            I trust that the world is full of whackos that are in conmtrol of everything and have only their warped sense of greed to guide them.
            They believe they can rid the world of everyone and have everything to themsleves....God on the other hand, he has a different scenario planned.

That's what i trust...

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral

I'm sorry but all of this escalated Terror crap is just too suspicious to me. It really couldn't be scripted any better.

there's no way we orchestrated an escape in a yemeni jail. the fault lies completely with the yemenis. no conspiracy theories necessary.

Comment

Working...