PDA

View Full Version : US FEST Guest Book!

Douglas T.
02-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Saturday, October 29, 2005
11:57 PM
anyone interested in my home movies of the US festival 1982? starr.photo@barfoot.com :drive:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 24, 2005
04:42 AM
Since there's so many VH freaks here, how about when someone threw a plastic red double brimmed visor hat onstage and Eddie picked it up and put it on, played his solo and when he took it off to throw it back to the crowd, I suppose he either didn't notice or forgot that it had a brim in the back so when he brought it down to give it a flip, the back brim made contact with his strings thereby making a nasty open string guitar noise chord and Eddie gave a bit of an annoyed look and tossed it back. I wonder how many of youse people noticed that. And of course the infamous....."I forgot the fuckin' worrds man" - (Probably DLR's most famous words of the evening) Both Shows all 6 days - most impressed with the performances of Talking Heads, The Police, Bowie, Missing Persons, The Cars, Santana, Ozzy VH were s'allright too. Met Chic Corea in a tent - got to play the Chapman Stick in the same tent - collected some memorabilia and hitch-hiked home to SD with my Girlfriend, got a ride in the back of a p/u truck cruising through the twisty mountain roads near Riverside above Lake Elsinore - gazing at the stars and arriving home totally spent and without a cent. BSB&MMD (Appearence by the Streeech with his stack of Free Bacon Cheeseburger Wendy's cards in 83)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, October 09, 2005
03:17 AM
I was in the Coast Guard stationed in Alemeda. Went both years. I remember Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks giving each other the cold shoulder in 82. I remember David Lee Roth doing some chick back stage and on camera for the entire crowd to see! He was trashed! And those sprinklers to cool down in. Man was it ever hot. We slept in the car. Oh yeah, and thanks to the car full of chicks next to us who cooked breakfast for us.

http://www.usfestivals.com/guestbook/guestlog.htm

Douglas T.
02-05-2006, 09:21 PM
~snippit~
Nobody in VH, roth camp or beyond, will deny Van Halen, US fest, that was Mike and Alexs' nite Mike was following, to pick up AVH, and alex and Ed carried poor Dave... but only because dave got the JD bends, and the dehydrato- it just wasn't completely on- good thing, or there woulda been a riot www.artscapers.com
~end snippit~

Douglas T.
02-06-2006, 12:00 AM
~Anyway, aside from watching Diamond Dave being trashed from quote on quote "Heavy Narcotics" throughout the show. (Which by the way, was quite comical) The VH set was awesome, ESPECIALLY with some extra jam sessions previewing their material for their next album 1984 in which we had no idea would be their biggest selling album.
Muchas Gracias! Marcos San Diego, CA markymarcos@yahoo.com~

http://usfestivals.com/guestbook/guestlogvol1.htm

Douglas T.
02-06-2006, 12:12 AM
~i snuck in a boda bag full of jack daniels and a quarter of weed! lol. at the end of the concert when van halen was playing, my buddies and i decided to move from the front stage to the back,~

What the hell ... LOSER!!!

Douglas T.
02-06-2006, 12:13 AM
http://usfestivals.com/usfesthomepage.htm