PDA

View Full Version : ONE unreleased David Lee Roth track

TMR
04-07-2004, 12:41 AM
There are a couple of rumors that I have not personally received any word on - that the compilation could be expanded to a 2CD set - and that the release may feature 1 unreleased David Lee Roth track from the sessions that took place in 2000. But those 2 points remain rumor only.

Roth & Roll
04-07-2004, 12:51 AM
You honestly think Ed would release those demos?
No chance in hell, none, nada, nyet, rien. ZERO 0000.000%

TMR
04-07-2004, 01:22 AM
If he wants to sell the Best of VOL 2, he will!!!

Just rumors, but what the hell, they are in favor of hearing new DLR music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph_Nader_2K4
04-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Eddie Van Halen is not in favour of giving attention to new(er) DLR-fronted music. It may be so good that is overshadows the Hagar cheese that will saturate the package...

-Ralph

Dr. Love
04-07-2004, 01:29 AM
I'm amazed at how intimate so many of us are with the personal views of EVH.

How do you guys get to know him so well? I mean, I need this to be explained to me since I don't have such a privelege to know him like you all do.

Why would he try to reunite with DLR in 2000 instead of finding someone new or getting back with Sam (which he eventually did) if he had such a deep hatred and aversion to the man?

Panamark
04-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love

Why would he try to reunite with DLR in 2000 instead of finding someone new or getting back with Sam (which he eventually did) if he had such a deep hatred and aversion to the man?

Immense pressure from Warner Brothers perhaps ?

Seshmeister
04-07-2004, 06:15 AM
There is bound to be some sort of Roth content on any CD.

They need the sales.

Roth-Halen
04-07-2004, 11:15 AM
You guys are GREAT

Roth-Halen
04-07-2004, 11:16 AM
You guys are GREAT

WWW.bigtroubleband.com

A Dave Lee Roth's music tribute

BrownSound1
04-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Alberto, is that you?

L.S.D.
04-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by TMR
If he wants to sell the Best of VOL 2, he will!!!

Just rumors, but what the hell, they are in favor of hearing new DLR music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so didamond dave sells 6,000 copies, but if VH puts a demo w/ him on the new best of, it will sell, but not w/ sammy? snoooze...........................................

Hollywood Jesus
04-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
so didamond dave sells 6,000 copies, but if VH puts a demo w/ him on the new best of, it will sell, but not w/ sammy? snoooze...........................................

You severly underestimate the "sum of its parts" value of the Classic Van Halen line-up. It's spirit far outweighs even the musical function.

Every time you post, you reveal your complete lack of understanding on a magical, emotional, vibe kind of level. But then that is precisely the problem with Van Hagar itself. Precious little spirit.

Roth-Halen
04-07-2004, 01:27 PM
That's me, Brownsound.

Dr. Love
04-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Immense pressure from Warner Brothers perhaps ?

I'm not convinced by that; They seem like the type to walk (and they broke ties with WB, if I recall)

Terry
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM

How do you guys get to know him so well? I mean, I need this to be explained to me since I don't have such a privelege to know him like you all do.

Point taken. I don't know Eddie at all. I don't know what he wants.

Nor do I give a shit.

Eddie should just give the fans what they want. He's just as much a commodity as he is a musician. Just a fact of life. Happened the day he signed with Warner Brothers.

Ed should just get his ass up onstage with Roth. Fuck him if he doesn't like Dave, "Dave just sucks the life out of me", wah wah wah.

Then Ed should release a Best of Vol 2 as a 2 disc set, each disc sold separately. 1 disc Roth era, one disc Cheese Tub.

And he should do the same for any video releases to accompany the Best of Vol 2.

I'd seriously like to find out who owns the rights to all that classic Van Halen footage and shows that are sitting in the can somewhere, and give 'em a smack upside the head for waiting so long to release that stuff.

There's money to be made here, and a way to keep the legend intact and the fans satisfied. Just as Page, Plant and Jones. 2003 turned out to be a great year for Led Zep. Who'd have thought a 3 disc audio set from 1972 would have rocketed to the top of the charts, and the DVD would have sold like hotcakes?

tjvhou812
04-07-2004, 10:23 PM

aint that the truth

Roth kills Sam
04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Oh, so I guess you guys think you "know" someone just because they had a conversation with you? Now who is being the naive one? All of us have read interviews with Ed or seen interviews with Ed where he totally, completely contradicts himself to the point of self destruction. It is so commonly known that he changes his story on all subjects - not just with respect to Roth. So people assuming the worst from Ed is based on all the available info from all sources - he is just a dick. Nobody in music ever says otherwise. Ed wants whatever Ed wants all the time .... and then changes his mind! All of us stand around watch in awe as he kills himself piece by piece...

squib
04-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Why hasn't the "Great" Eddie Van Halen ever released a solo project of his own? VH3 comes close - how did that sell Eddie fans?

Viking
04-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Sounds like Ed and/or Co. are throwing Dave a bone to keep him from pissing in their punch bowl.

Hey, Dave - whip it out and drain the ol' lizard. :monekyr:

TMR
04-08-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus
You severly underestimate the "sum of its parts" value of the Classic Van Halen line-up. It's spirit far outweighs even the musical function.

Every time you post, you reveal your complete lack of understanding on a magical, emotional, vibe kind of level. But then that is precisely the problem with Van Hagar itself. Precious little spirit.

Nice Post! Van Hagar fans will never understand, even if you beat them in the head:)

Switch84
04-08-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm not convinced by that; They seem like the type to walk (and they broke ties with WB, if I recall)

:p Sorry, Doc, but the Brothers Grim didn't 'walk' from Warner Bros. They were dropped by the label. Ed was bitching about the label being more interested in younger bands than legends. I was laughing like a mofo, because I knew (as do many Roth era fans) the label already had the VH6 and didn't need the bootleg version of VH to make money. Without a doubt VH with Davy Baby is a better cash cow than VH with Hagar, and Warner Bros. know it. The first 6 discs are the only ones in Warner Bros. "Remasters" series...not Spammy's bullshit.

Dr. Love
04-08-2004, 08:38 AM
funny, all the reports I read said they were the ones to sever ties. If you have links that say otherwise, I'd love to read them.

L.S.D.
04-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by squib
Why hasn't the "Great" Eddie Van Halen ever released a solo project of his own? VH3 comes close - how did that sell Eddie fans?

It sold 10X's as many copies as dlr band that was released at the same time and it has sold 50X's the last dlr album. So it sold pretty well considering your hero cant give his shit away.

ZahZoo
04-08-2004, 10:39 AM
funny, all the reports I read said they were the ones to sever ties. If you have links that say otherwise, I'd love to read them.

True... all reports from both VH and WB indicate VH cut the ties. Which at the time VH was dismantling their whole infrastructure... management, tour personnel, publicists, attornies, techs, everything...

Golden AWe
04-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
It sold 10X's as many copies as dlr band that was released at the same time and it has sold 50X's the last dlr album. So it sold pretty well considering your hero cant give his shit away.

Who made more money on the cd, Dave who owns the label that released the great DLR Band-cd, or VH brothers who released III on a major label with major promotion?

Dave's Dradle
04-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Isn't it amazing that when you mention that Dave fronted VH outsold Sam fronted VH pretty handily, a Hagar fan will almost always strike back with "it is not about the sales man, it is about the music." But as soon as the topic of coversation turns to Dave solo, it's "he hasn't sold shit compared to VH."

I personally like Dave's solo work (except Skyscraper, ugh!) or I wouldn't be on this site. I also don't like Sammy Hagar's stuff. Nothing against the man perrsonally, he seems like a nice enough guy, but I don't dig his tunes. The most amazing part is that I don't go on redrocker.com and point out that VH3 outsold Live Hallelujah ten to one. It's pointless and juvenile and therefore I don't do it. But I am sure LSD and Hina will flame away, and guess what, I don't care because I don't read their posts anyway. Just my two cents for what it's worth, probably less!

DLR_EngineRoom
04-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Point taken. I don't know Eddie at all. I don't know what he wants.

Nor do I give a shit.

Eddie should just give the fans what they want. He's just as much a commodity as he is a musician. Just a fact of life. Happened the day he signed with Warner Brothers.

Ed should just get his ass up onstage with Roth. Fuck him if he doesn't like Dave, "Dave just sucks the life out of me", wah wah wah.

Then Ed should release a Best of Vol 2 as a 2 disc set, each disc sold separately. 1 disc Roth era, one disc Cheese Tub.

And he should do the same for any video releases to accompany the Best of Vol 2.

I'd seriously like to find out who owns the rights to all that classic Van Halen footage and shows that are sitting in the can somewhere, and give 'em a smack upside the head for waiting so long to release that stuff.

There's money to be made here, and a way to keep the legend intact and the fans satisfied. Just as Page, Plant and Jones. 2003 turned out to be a great year for Led Zep. Who'd have thought a 3 disc audio set from 1972 would have rocketed to the top of the charts, and the DVD would have sold like hotcakes?

There we go, Ladies & Gentlemen.

Terry here has the PERFECT ideas that I can proudly say that I've shared since 1996.

VH Bros. need to release 2 CDs - One DLR, One Spammy.
Same goes for DVDs. And while they're at it, they should use the Beastie Boys idea for marketing the content in those CDs.

If you recall, when the Beastie Boys released their Greatest Hits compilation, they had a 'Late Night' humourous infomercial that allowed fans to CHOOSE THE HITS THAT THEY WANTED, IN ANY ORDER. That 'custom made' CD would have an official CD stamp and complete track listing!

What DLR fan wouldn't order their own custom made DLR-era Greatest Hits?

And as far as Dave's material goes, why hasn't Ed released the same videos he's got on their website? Why weren't the videos for You Really Got Me, Runnin' With The Devil, Jamie's Cryin', You're No Good, Bottoms Up, Dance The Night Away, Loss Of Control, And The Cradle Will Rock, Unchained, So This Is Love, Hear About It Later, Full Bug, Secrets, Little Guitars and Pretty Woman released on the Video Hits DVD?

Thank GAWD for Kazaa!