ONE unreleased David Lee Roth track

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TMR

ONE unreleased David Lee Roth track

There are a couple of rumors that I have not personally received any word on - that the compilation could be expanded to a 2CD set - and that the release may feature 1 unreleased David Lee Roth track from the sessions that took place in 2000. But those 2 points remain rumor only.
  • Roth & Roll
    Foot Soldier
    • Feb 2004

You honestly think Ed would release those demos?
    No chance in hell, none, nada, nyet, rien. ZERO 0000.000%
    http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• TMR

If he wants to sell the Best of VOL 2, he will!!!

Just rumors, but what the hell, they are in favor of hearing new DLR music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ralph_Nader_2K4
        Full On Cocktard
        • Apr 2004

Eddie Van Halen is not in favour of giving attention to new(er) DLR-fronted music. It may be so good that is overshadows the Hagar cheese that will saturate the package...

-Ralph
        www.votenader.org

A VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICANS OR DEMOCRATS IS A VOTE FOR DUOPOLY-BASED CORRUPTION!

VOTE NADER INSTEAD!!!

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

I'm amazed at how intimate so many of us are with the personal views of EVH.

How do you guys get to know him so well? I mean, I need this to be explained to me since I don't have such a privelege to know him like you all do.

Why would he try to reunite with DLR in 2000 instead of finding someone new or getting back with Sam (which he eventually did) if he had such a deep hatred and aversion to the man?
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love

Why would he try to reunite with DLR in 2000 instead of finding someone new or getting back with Sam (which he eventually did) if he had such a deep hatred and aversion to the man?
            Immense pressure from Warner Brothers perhaps ?
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There is bound to be some sort of Roth content on any CD.

They need the sales.

Comment

• Roth-Halen
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

You guys are GREAT

Comment

• Roth-Halen
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

You guys are GREAT

A Dave Lee Roth's music tribute

Comment

• BrownSound1
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

Alberto, is that you?

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by TMR
                      If he wants to sell the Best of VOL 2, he will!!!

Just rumors, but what the hell, they are in favor of hearing new DLR music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      so didamond dave sells 6,000 copies, but if VH puts a demo w/ him on the new best of, it will sell, but not w/ sammy? snoooze...........................................

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by L.S.D.
                        so didamond dave sells 6,000 copies, but if VH puts a demo w/ him on the new best of, it will sell, but not w/ sammy? snoooze...........................................

You severly underestimate the "sum of its parts" value of the Classic Van Halen line-up. It's spirit far outweighs even the musical function.

Every time you post, you reveal your complete lack of understanding on a magical, emotional, vibe kind of level. But then that is precisely the problem with Van Hagar itself. Precious little spirit.
                        "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                        "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• Roth-Halen
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2004

That's me, Brownsound.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                            Immense pressure from Warner Brothers perhaps ?
                            I'm not convinced by that; They seem like the type to walk (and they broke ties with WB, if I recall)
                            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                              I'm amazed at how intimate so many of us are with the personal views of EVH.

How do you guys get to know him so well? I mean, I need this to be explained to me since I don't have such a privelege to know him like you all do.

Point taken. I don't know Eddie at all. I don't know what he wants.

Nor do I give a shit.

Eddie should just give the fans what they want. He's just as much a commodity as he is a musician. Just a fact of life. Happened the day he signed with Warner Brothers.

Ed should just get his ass up onstage with Roth. Fuck him if he doesn't like Dave, "Dave just sucks the life out of me", wah wah wah.

Then Ed should release a Best of Vol 2 as a 2 disc set, each disc sold separately. 1 disc Roth era, one disc Cheese Tub.

And he should do the same for any video releases to accompany the Best of Vol 2.

I'd seriously like to find out who owns the rights to all that classic Van Halen footage and shows that are sitting in the can somewhere, and give 'em a smack upside the head for waiting so long to release that stuff.

There's money to be made here, and a way to keep the legend intact and the fans satisfied. Just as Page, Plant and Jones. 2003 turned out to be a great year for Led Zep. Who'd have thought a 3 disc audio set from 1972 would have rocketed to the top of the charts, and the DVD would have sold like hotcakes?
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...