PDA

View Full Version : ZARDOZ....one of the freakiest movies I have ever seen.....

Hardrock69
02-07-2006, 01:59 PM
:eek:

This happened to be on the Fox Movie Channel last night...uncensored..no commercials....

DO NOT WATCH THIS ON ACID!!!

Apparently whoever directed this film musta been tripping out....the story is fucking bizarre....TOTALLY bizarre....and just about impossible to comprehend...

It is almost the same sort of thing as Barbarella....but with a MUCH more insane story, and more high-quality bizarro special FX...oh and MUCH more nudity.....for all you gurrrls out there, you even get to see a dimly lit "Sean Connery Schlong"!
:D

But there be lotsa naked babes in this as well...

Here is a review at badmovies.org:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/zardoz/

flappo
02-07-2006, 02:51 PM
is that the one with sean connery in a tutu ?

Hardrock69
02-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Well, no...a glorified red diaper is more like it....

http://www.fantascienza.com/cinema/zardoz/media/zed.jpg

Hardrock69
02-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh wait...you mean a WEDDING DRESS....

http://www.alons.net/images/temp/Films/Zardoz041s.jpg

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Zardoz is a FUCKIN' GRATE MOVIE...

I'm amazed Glenn Danzig never wrote a Misfits song about it...lmao

Hardrock69
02-08-2006, 09:34 AM
It has much LARG!!!

I mean, especially when the giant stone god Zardoz proclaims "GUNS ARE GOOD! THE PENIS IS EVIL!!!"

And then it vomits all these piles of guns and the guys jump into the pile of guns and start partying like a bunch of drunk cowboys!!

WOOHOO!!!

GUNS!!!

BLAM!!!

BAMBAM!!!

LMFAO!!!

Talk about some weird fucking shit.....

If there EVER was a good candidate for an extended edition DVD it is ZARDOZ!!!

Coyote
02-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
:eek:

This happened to be on the Fox Movie Channel last night...uncensored..no commercials....

DO NOT WATCH THIS ON ACID!!!

Apparently whoever directed this film musta been tripping out....the story is fucking bizarre....TOTALLY bizarre....and just about impossible to comprehend...

It is almost the same sort of thing as Barbarella....but with a MUCH more insane story, and more high-quality bizarro special FX...oh and MUCH more nudity.....for all you gurrrls out there, you even get to see a dimly lit "Sean Connery Schlong"!

But there be lotsa naked babes in this as well...

Here is a review at badmovies.org:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/zardoz/

GRATE movie! :cool:

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 11:51 AM
So much Larg, it'd make your head spin...

You know what? I'm going to re-rent that sumbitch today!

LARG!!!!!!!!

Vinnie Velvet
02-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Whoa!

I remember seeing this movie years ago and couldn't even watch the whole thing.

Good thing Connery's movie career got back on track in the mid 80s (Untouchables).

Hardrock69
02-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I want this in my DVD collection.

It is one of the finest examples of a big-budget production that is so far out in left field it does the Wile E. Coyote thang as it falls off the edge of the world.....

I had missed the first 40 minutes of it, but Fox repeated it later that night, so I Tivo'd it.

Watched the rest of it just this evening (the first 40 minutes).

Seeing the first part of the film did not make the second part mean any much more .....in fact, it made it seem even more insane....

A must have...this is on my immediate purchase list.....

But then, I dig the entire gamut of sci-fi films...from the ultimately bad (Plan 9 From Outer Space) to the big budget late 50s Sci-Fi (Queen Of Outer Space wif Zsa Zsa Gabor) to the usual pedestrian every day blockbuster......like "Arnold Schwarzenneger And The Alien Goblet Of Vomit"

I mean...these crowds of people running towards the Exterminators screaming "PLEASE KILL ME!!!" because they are so tired of immortality, and then the Exterminators oblige.....remember, chilluns...Guns Are Great, The Penis Is Evil....

I thought Fellini movies were bizarre but this takes the cake....

DavidLeeNatra
02-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I remember watching it back in the late 70's because of connery (and the big james bond fan I was)...I still got some kind of trauma :D

that movie is totally bizarre...

bueno bob
02-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Anything with Sean in a wedding dress...bizarre kinda goes without saying...but there is LARG...

:)

DavidLeeNatra
02-10-2006, 07:40 AM
I guess he tried a bit tooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to get away from the "james bond image"...

Hardrock69
02-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah that is taking it a bit too far....