PDA

View Full Version : Dave needs to make some adjustments

boy, u stupid
02-09-2006, 11:05 AM
A caller calls in and compliments Dave on his music career and immediatley Dave ignores it and starts yelling "Do you have a question for our guest", he immediatly blows off anything a caller has to say regarding Dave. Today, somone calls and compliments Dave on his show and he has to rush the caller back on the subjuct. Dave has to knock this shit off, it's as if he has AD/HD or something, it's rediculous. I'm gonna send an e-mail to get this straightened out a bit.

m_dixon1984
02-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Idiot!
Have you ever listened to real talk radio. Many hosts try really hard to get callers to skip the platitudes. It's a waste of air time to have every caller say the same nonsense. "I love you and your music Dave", "I've been a fan since the 80's", "Van Halen's never been the same without you", "how you doin'?", "What's up", etc, etc. It's more difficult for Dave since he's so well known outside of his radio gig but I think he needs to keep it up. It's one of the things that will separate him as a radio host, and not just an attention whore (celebutard - to his own term).
The number one morning host in Ottawa has been known to hang up on people who don't/can't get to the point and stay on topic. If you really get on his nerves he'll scream at you. Don't try to change the subject on these guys...it's their show.
M

bantonelli
02-09-2006, 11:30 AM
I think it has something to do with the format of his program and that thet CBS people don't want him highlighting his former band achievements. He may feel he needs to prove himself as being more versatile in his topics other than music.

I can't imagine him not being most flattered to continue being complimented (it's human nature to be flattered, unless you are Vanilla Ice, who would get pissed off ?) - but it may be simply that he wants to divert the attention from himself for VH, unless he brings up the topic himself.

fryingdutchman
02-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by boy, u stupid
Dave has to knock this shit off, it's as if he has AD/HD or something, it's rediculous. I'm gonna send an e-mail to get this straightened out a bit.

Gee Joey...for someone who knows Dave so well, you seem to have little recall of DLR's hyperactivity that he's had since childhood.

The only thing that's "rediculous" is your spelling....

And the only "adjustments" that need to be made are to your anti-psychotic medication. You need your dosage increased.

light 'em up!
02-09-2006, 11:45 AM
The only thing I would suggest is for Dave to be less retaliatory to guests who knock him... on some days he does this masterfully. Yesterday, he was agitated and even called one caller a "punk".

Personally, I'm loving the show, but I guess I'm biased.

m_dixon1984
02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Agreed that it's human nature to enjoy being complimented but as a consumate professional I think he's starting to see what works for his show. Sure, during the first 2 hours when the show is a bit lighter and open accept the compliments and platitudes. Once the topic(s) narrow down and/or there's a guest it's time to get to the point. He knows it and, yes he's likely been advised of this, it will make for better radio if he occasionally stops referencing himself and the old band. Believe it or not it's also good radio to get mad at callers every now then. Listeners love it, for the most part.
I continue to see an improvement in his show and, fan or not, if it was boring I'd stop tuning in.
M

Jimmy Jingles
02-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by boy, u faggish
it's rediculous.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ALinChainz
02-09-2006, 12:29 PM
The only thing Joe got "straightened out" was that his african american stepdad told Joe to do what his mom does ...

Spring for the K-Y and leave the Crisco alone.

Dan
02-09-2006, 12:38 PM
A caller calls in and compliments Dave on his music career and immediatley Dave ignores it and starts yelling "Do you have a question for our guest", he immediatly blows off anything a caller has to say regarding Dave. Today, somone calls and compliments Dave on his show and he has to rush the caller back on the subjuct. Dave has to knock this shit off, it's as if he has AD/HD or something, it's rediculous. I'm gonna send an e-mail to get this straightened out a bit.

Welcome to Radio Joe.

bantonelli
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
The only thing I would suggest is for Dave to be less retaliatory to guests who knock him... on some days he does this masterfully. Yesterday, he was agitated and even called one caller a "punk".

Personally, I'm loving the show, but I guess I'm biased.

Dave called the guy a "PUNK" for good reason....weren't you listening to what the idiot caller said about Dave writing the song "JUMP" ?

LoungeMachine
02-09-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure which is more pathetic...

Joey claiming to have any say in the matter, or the people posting in this thread giving credence to his asinine ramblings.

Gone over Niagra Falls yet, teabag?

And Joey, we've been telling you how to properly spell the word RIDICULOUS for over a year now. boy, u is stupid.

boy, u stupid
02-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I have signed a deal with Wooden Nickel Corp. to use one of their custom made inner woven barrels to go over the falls in. This could take place as early as March 7. I've wanted to do this since for a long time. This event will be broadcast on syndicated radio. I can't fucking wait. They wanna play the song "I will survive to set up the event, but I think i'm gonna choose RWTD or Thunderstruck, either one will have me pumped.

Nickdfresh
02-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I have signed a deal with Wooden Dildo Corp. to use one of their custom made inner-anal woven barrels to go in my ass. This could take place as early as March 7. I've wanted to do this since for a long time. This event will be broadcast on the internet at www.buttplugger.com. I can't fucking wait. They wanna play the song "In The Navy" to set up the event, but I think i'm gonna choose 'YMCA' or "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go", either one will have me ready to get my stomach pumped of the sperm from about a dozen guys.

ALinChainz
02-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Do a search for Wooden Nickel Corp.

Doesn't exist.

Kinda makes you gay huh Joe?

Nitro Express
02-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Dave should have said the caller better hurry up and ask the guest a question or he is going to fuck the callers girlfriend.

BottomLine65
02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
This is all new to Dave. Dave hosted a couple of slots for KROCK in the past three years and did the same shit to callers who would just compliment him to no end. He knows Van Halen has not been the same without him, he doesn't need to go over it time and time again....
When it comes to phone calls, I think he does a good job for the most part.
Remember, if he fails, he wins and if he doesn't fail he still wins.
Any press is good press...

shaggydoo
02-18-2006, 07:49 PM
I have signed a deal with Wooden Nickel Corp. to use one of their custom made inner woven barrels to go over the falls in. This could take place as early as March 7. I've wanted to do this since for a long time. This event will be broadcast on syndicated radio. I can't fucking wait. They wanna play the song "I will survive to set up the event, but I think i'm gonna choose RWTD or Thunderstruck, either one will have me pumped.

LOL. It's fucking hilarious how appropriate your user name is in describing yourself because boy u stupid!

PumpedUpMidget
02-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Is boy u stupid somehow related to Jizzystool?

shaggydoo
02-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Is boy u stupid somehow related to Jizzystool?

I couldn't tell you, but I think he is related to a stool I dumped in the crapper last week that just kept popping up again and again and just wouldn't flush away!